• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer September Cover: Borderlands 2 [Borderlands Sells Over 4 Mil]

Pooya

Gameinformer

sepcoverblspreadh64y.jpg

gameinformer said:
Gearbox Software’s co-op lootfest is back with a host of exciting changes to the first game's addictive formula.

The September issue of Game Informer contains 12 pages of exclusive details and screenshots from Borderlands 2, and outlines the numerous improvements the developer has in store for your return trip to Pandora. Don’t expect just a couple bazillion more guns this time around. Gearbox is introducing new and more diverse environments, smarter and more powerful enemies, and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story. This and much more will be revealed in the story, as well as our full month of additional online content.

In addition to taking a look at Borderlands 2, the September issue contains an extensive roundup of the games heading to the 3DS this year, plus an in-depth look at how research and development has shaped the creation of some of your favorite era-specific games. We also take a look at the wildly popular I Am 8-Bit art show, and the history of the wildly awful Super Mario Bros. feature film. Plus, find out which holiday game GI readers are most excited about in our revealing survey. The September issue of Game Informer will start arriving in mailboxes in the next few days. In the meantime, check out the full cover below.

press release
Press Release said:
Fans can get their first glimpse of the bold evolution of the Role-Playing Shooter at Gamescom and PAX Prime 2011 this month

NEW YORK, Aug 03, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- 2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the sequel to the extravasplosive breakout hit, Borderlands(TM), is currently in development at world-renowned developer Gearbox Software. Coming to the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC during Take-Two's fiscal year 2013 beginning on April 1, 2012, Borderlands 2 is the epic sequel to the ultimate four-player Role-Playing Shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all-new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story. Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.

2K Games and Gearbox Software are taking this show on the road, and fans and media will be able to get their first look at the game at Gamescom 2011 from August 17 - August 21, and at PAX Prime (Booth #3417) from August 26 - August 28. Eager gamers can learn more about Borderlands 2 right now by picking up the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine, which has the worldwide exclusive cover story on the title. Readers will find many game details inside the issue, including the first reveal of one of the several new character classes being introduced in Borderlands 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems they're sticking with the art style. That will disappoint more than a few GAFers.

If this is similar in length to the original, and the PC port is actually of acceptably quality, I wouldn't mind picking it up soon after release rather than later. Otherwise, I'll wait for the inevitable GoTY edition to go on sale on Steam.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck yeah! Borderlands was awesome!

I was LTTP to the first Borderlands, but not 2...no fucking way. Day one for me.

I don't mind that they kept the overall art style, but I'm really not feeling that particular character that's on the cover =/

Xater

GlamFM said:
Oh yes!

And BTW: I like that they are sticking to the old art style.

So do I, it the ridiculousness of the game.

Can't wait to hear more about it. Really hope they add armor.

theBishop

Banned
I hope they make some tough boss dungeons that are near-impossible to beat without class coordination.

As much as I love the classes in Borderlands, they don't matter much if you've got powerful guns.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
JaseC said:
Seems they're sticking with the art style. That will disappoint more than a few GAFers.

I love the art style. Will be buying this for sure.

ram

official confirmed by 2K, release somewhere after april 1st 2012 - and fans can sample the game at gamescom and pax prime.

When do people generally get this magazine?

My wife got me a subscription for it at gamestop when she bought me a 3DS in mid-June, but I didn't get the Dishonored issue until about a week ago. Wasn't sure if I just got it late or if it would generally show up near the end of the month.

On topic, fuck yes. Loved Borderlands.

JaseC

theBishop said:
I hope they make some tough boss dungeons that are near-impossible to beat without class coordination.

As much as I love the classes in Borderlands, they don't matter much if you've got powerful guns.

True. One of the pistols I found earlier on in the campaign ended up being my go-to weapon for the vast majority of the game.

Iadien said:
I love the art style. Will be buying this for sure.

Yeah, if Gearbox had stuck with the original art style I imagine the game would have suffered from Unreal Enginitis.

Red

theBishop said:

Classes weren't differentiated enough, that's true. My main hope is, like you mentioned, better bosses. More things the size of the Rakk Hive/Big ass crab dlc boss.

Alxjn

BarrenMind said:
When do people generally get this magazine?

I usually get it about a week after the cover reveal.

Anyways, looking forward to this, really enjoyed the first one.

Now this is good news. Hopefully the loot is a little more meaningful this time around. Glad they didn't fudge up the style also.

Now to do something about my broken xbox.....

Kifimbo

PR:

ans can get their first glimpse of the bold evolution of the Role-Playing Shooter at Gamescom and PAX Prime 2011 this month

NEW YORK, Aug 03, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- 2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the sequel to the extravasplosive breakout hit, Borderlands(TM), is currently in development at world-renowned developer Gearbox Software. Coming to the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC during Take-Two's fiscal year 2013 beginning on April 1, 2012, Borderlands 2 is the epic sequel to the ultimate four-player Role-Playing Shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all-new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story. Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.

2K Games and Gearbox Software are taking this show on the road, and fans and media will be able to get their first look at the game at Gamescom 2011 from August 17 - August 21, and at PAX Prime (Booth #3417) from August 26 - August 28. Eager gamers can learn more about Borderlands 2 right now by picking up the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine, which has the worldwide exclusive cover story on the title. Readers will find many game details inside the issue, including the first reveal of one of the several new character classes being introduced in Borderlands 2.

About Borderlands

Taking the gaming world by storm, Borderlands delivered its unique flavor of humorous and lovable characters and addictive non-stop collaborative loot-hunting gameplay on an unsuspecting populace. The critically acclaimed and best-selling Role-Playing-Shooter, as well as its four downloadable expansion packs, captured the imagination and attention of single-player and cooperative gamers around the world.

Borderlands 2 is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information on Borderlands 2 please visit http://www.borderlandsthegame.com.

2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Holy fuck yeah. Seriously hyped.

The first game did so much right; I can't wait to see the improvements on it.

JaseC

Bay Maximus said:
Now this is good news. Hopefully the loot is a little more meaningful this time around. Glad they didn't fudge up the style also.

Now to do something about my broken xbox.....

Sell it on eBay as a fixer-upper and put that money towards a PC. ;)

Looking forward to the ridiculously priced pack with a bit of DLC on steam in a year or two.

First game was a stack of fun at a bargain price ( after a fashion).

-PXG-

I woke up and downloaded Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. And now this. Today is a great day so far.

FUCK YEAH!

Double D

I can't wait for this. I'm actually playing through the first one again now that I got the GOTY edition on Steam. I haven't messed around with any of the DLC though because I can't really figure out how to access it.

Anyways, I'm hoping they have appearance-based armor loot this time around. Even if it doesn't do anything and you rarely see your guy, it's something I wish I could do right now.

Top Bottom