• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
aQoV6.jpg

Looks great

if you guys are looking for slim suits. I got MTM one from pakistan for 150 bucks and the material is great and the fit is fucking awesome for slim guys. Just dont fuck up your measurements. I got my pants and they are two short. The suit stands toe to toe except in the fabric with my 850 dollar theory OTR that had a great fit (barneys).

This is interesting. I assume you make frequent runs to Pakistan? Unfortunately I am not exactly a "thin" build. 5'11" and 178 pounds doesn't exactly put me in the skinny jean crowd (straight fit yo).

I'd love to see your Pakistani suit out of pure curiosity.

Alucrid

Banned
This thread is more popular than the denim-specific one so I will post my APC New Cure progress here in case it interests anyone. (5 months wear + dry cleaned once)

http://i.imgur.com/KqNWP.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aQoV6.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Do you have a .2 inch cuff there or something?

bob page

It's almost summer, dude. I say nay.

Not a fan of the gray card with the gray jeans (plus a gray polo, for that matter). I dunno why, but the black lining on the card bugs me, too. Replace with some dark denim or chinos & sandy bucks.

I'm sure this question has been tackled before, but how do you guys go about washing your denim?

I have a few pairs of Naked & Famous that I need to wash for the first time. Just hand wash and hang-dry? Any tips from those of you who've done this? Things to stay away from? This will be my first time doing so and I'd rather not mess them up.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I'm sure this question has been tackled before, but how do you guys go about washing your denim?

I have a few pairs of Naked & Famous that I need to wash for the first time. Just hand wash and hang-dry? Any tips from those of you who've done this? Things to stay away from? This will be my first time doing so and I'd rather not mess them up.

Just wash and hang. They tighten up a bit but pop back to normal quickly.

Fwiw I have two pairs of n&f

Woolite dark is your friend. :)

Birthday soon so new clothes time! seems like forever ago I got to buy new stuff as stuff I picked up for spring has been useless due to the near constant cold weather and rain.

Got to pick up some smart black shoes for work, trainers for biking in (Nikes or etnies I guess) some new jeans, some chinos/trousers, couple of casual shirts maybe and some other odds and sods.

JLG-

I wash my N&F in the bathtub with a little bit of woolite dark.

Fill the tub with warm water add some woolite. Put the jeans in the tub and move them around to loosen up the dirt and grime. Leave them submerged in the water for about 40 minutes. Then rinse off soap with clean water and hang dry.

i've heard things (well a few months ago) about uneven cutting and sizing issues... has that been hammered out or is that just internets talk? peeps keep talking about the quality of the shirts, and I usually don't get very excited about jersey fabric tees, but I'm willing to try a few :p

Not sure if this has been brought up, as this thread is massive and I didn't see anything in the OP about it, but...what options exist for us big and tall gents?

The big part won't be an issue for long, as I'm looking to eliminate that, but the tall part will remain. I'm 6'5" and my pant length is 32", which I assume is normal (Never had an issue with that part) but shirts are a major issue.

I find most shirts just aren't long enough and even shirts from the big & tall stores have issues. I have to buy shirts in size 5XLT to get the proper length and the torso looks like a kid wearing his dad's clothes.

I'm almost positive I'll need to hire a tailor to fit my needs, so any advice on where to go and what to look for in a tailor? Any accreditations, any questions to ask to test their knowledge and expertise? Also, can tailors adjust shirts I bring them, or is it better to have the tailor make it?

pulling in the waist/lower torso is a common thing for tailors, maybe $15-$20 a shirt. just make sure your shoulders and sleeves fit nicely, though you usually pull the shirt cuff up an inch or so depending on if the sleeve placket has a button or not.

and a 32" inseam seems short, I'm 5'9" and have a 30" in pants lol... are you wearing your pants low?

pulling in the waist/lower torso is a common thing for tailors, maybe $15-$20 a shirt. just make sure your shoulders and sleeves fit nicely, though you usually pull the shirt cuff up an inch or so depending on if the sleeve placket has a button or not.

and a 32" inseam seems short, I'm 5'9" and have a 30" in pants lol... are you wearing your pants low?

I have a long torso, almost a 50/50 split between torso and legs.

Alucrid

Banned
i've heard things (well a few months ago) about uneven cutting and sizing issues... has that been hammered out or is that just internets talk? peeps keep talking about the quality of the shirts, and I usually don't get very excited about jersey fabric tees, but I'm willing to try a few :p

They have their sewers down to two now so uneven sizing should be less of an issue heading into the future, with that said I own about 8 or so shirts and while there are some differences in the fit, none have ever been so drastic that they don't fit. Some are just a bit tighter in the chest or a bit looser in the body, etc. But for $15 I can't really complain.

Holy shit. My 83yr old Mormon grandfather is in style! If I had a pic I would post it because it's uncanny. He's been dressing like that ever since I've been alive. Seriously, it's creeping me out a bit.

He is your grandfather

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I need to buy a suit for my grandfather's funeral service. A few questions:

1. It pretty much has to be black, right? If so, is there any way I can make a black suit a little more versatile (besides funerals, more formal events, etc)?

2. Suggestions on where to look. I have an athletic build (broad shoulders, v-shape, larger-than-average thighs/glutes) and would like to keep the cost of suit + tailoring at or below $500 (ideally $300-400).

So I went shopping for clothes for the first time in forever, and took a girl with me...couple things that she picked out...what does gaf think?
tj3kN.jpg

t23FY.jpg

sruckus

Anyone have any opinions on shoes? I am looking for some casual shoes to wear around and at work (usually jeans). Nothing too fancy, but I don't just want generic athletic shoes or anything.

Fritz

Yea I always have since I've been small. I know I should get something more snazzy, but don't know what would look good on me

Probably just the pics, but it kinda makes you look introverted. You have a charismatic face so I guess if you'd get the hair out of it you'd look much more approachable. But yeah I probably shouldn't read too much into a couple of mirror pictures :p

Probably just the pics, but it kinda makes you look introverted. You have a charismatic face so I guess if you'd get the hair out of it you'd look much more approachable. But yeah I probably shouldn't read too much into a couple of mirror pictures :p

Thanks! I'll try to find a nicer salon around here and let them do what they want with it. I moved here recently, so I don't really know what the better places are. What about the shirts/pants combos? My sister told me both combos definitely did not go together

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Yea I always have since I've been small. I know I should get something more snazzy, but don't know what would look good on me

Find a style that doesn't cover up your forehead like that. Ideally, cut it shorter too. The hairstyle just doesn't suit you, it looks childish and doesn't match your face.

Fritz

Thanks! I'll try to find a nicer salon around here and let them do what they want with it. I moved here recently, so I don't really know what the better places are. What about the shirts/pants combos? My sister told me both combos definitely did not go together

Nah, I think they work just fine. I think I'd like the shirt from the first pic with the pants from the second pic best though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom