• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

MOJIMBO MAD

720326A1BA8F6DAE7D2ADF479553F08310B21548

Also I'm pretty sure I got the jankiest failstab of all time, I'll make a replay later.

sixghost

Hightower tonight was like a horrible nightmare. Snacks the sober seal and someone else were pestering me as scouts the entire map. using TEAMWORK. On HIGHTOWER.

disgusting

Sajjaja

Chilll outttt, Hightower isn't THAT bad......if you're a sniper xD I got Oreoleo a few times, AND a body + headshot collateral. Was AWESOME!

XeroSauce

I finally have every weapon in the game other then Golden ones. Took a while but it was worth it.

Next step is to upgrade any yellows to Strange/Genuine..

Proven

How often do you people want to do highlander on event tuesdays? Once a month? Twice a month? THRICE a month?!?!

Let me know.

I'm thinking twice a month should be doable, if the list is long enough. Otherwise it can be a great monthly event with replays and streams and stuff.

And I want to quote other people but it's annoying to multiquote while on the phone.

To Steve, yeah, we're pretty different. You're definitely a lot more in your face about things and it really does work for you. Sixghost loves his shotgun though and I've noticed other people with their little pyro habits. By comparison, a lot of the other classes feel too similar between players. One of the reasons for Pyro being one of my fave classes.

As for the Engy rant, CTF doesn't suck in TF2, it's the average TF2 player that makes CTF suck. It's a miracle we don't have boring Engineer stalemates on 5cp anymore; let's hope one day we get the same for CTF, or even a CTF variant similar to how we got PLR and KOTH.

What is Highlander.

EDIT: Have we considered imposing limits to the number of engies on certain maps? On a 24/7 Turbine (yeah fuck you guys I like Turbine!) server I play on, they limit it to 2 engies per team.

What is Highlander.

EDIT: Have we considered imposing limits to the number of engies on certain maps? On a 24/7 Turbine (yeah fuck you guys I like Turbine!) server I play on, they limit it to 2 engies.

There can be only one!

9 v 9. Each team has exactly one player for each class.

Proven

Oh. Fuck the irony of my questioning of Highlander followed by my statement of limiting classes.
Yep.

To be fair, GAF generally polices itself. The only things we ever have too much of nowadays are Soldiers and Medics (not a bad thing) and sometimes Heavies and Scouts (can be a bad thing). I'm hoping I was gone long enough that the advent of Caberman has died down.

I define too much 3+ of a single class, or 1+ of a specific class if I'm getting dominated.
Are highlander teams gonna be made out earlier or is it gonna be like first come first serve?
Last time we finalized the teams a day or two beforehand. Until it becomes a regular thing, we'll probably have to make teams out earlier (and to possibly attempt at balancing the teams again).

Blizzard

Banned
Since it's 2fort you'd need a limit of 1 sniper as well to avoid battlements shenanigans.
I'm happy to have as many snipers as people want on battlements since sniping practice is kind of fun, and it leads to fun for other classes where people tauntkill, critrocket, demojump, etc. the snipers (or just take the sewers).

XeroSauce

Now if only we could also add a limit of 1 engineer per team and 1 demo per team. Then even 2fort could be fun again!

Then you end up with people spamming solly/medic combos and scouts everywhere, snipers and spies wrecking engineer shit, and eventually it all leads to one player per class.

I really dislike those servers to completely remove a class (I once played a server that removed the Spy's KNIFE so you could only go gunslinger spy), because it's such an obvious dip in the balance Valve made.

I'll play whatever class a team needs for highlander because I suck at all classes equally. Except Scout. I'm especially bad there.

OOOH I GET IT HIGHLANDER "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE" OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Just figured it out.

Top Bottom