• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

A weekend Highlander game as well would be nice. I should be able to make this one, but I have a fairly packed schedule during the week (at least, until classes end for the summer).

How does 9PM Eastern sound to you guys?

Proven

Are Saturday's still the server's most popular night? It might be worth considering not running it on a Saturday for that reason, unless everyone wants to log on, watch, and make bets.

Yes, make bets. Like, make bets to see how many people I dominate. If I get up to 5, I get a free hat. Yes, I'd stop in between every death to place a bet on myself.

I also wonder how funny it would be, if the number of people far outstripped the paces, we added a 10th person to each team. It'd be the Demoknight/Caberman slot, and the symbol could be a cape.

some of the Mic bonus is really bs even though based on points.
probably not going to matter in the end anyways.

lol @ Fallengorn 3rd choice. Never ever seen him play that class.

no one claimed spot for 1st choice Snipe slot. I assume Borsalino going to take one. Someone else like Kuro can take the other or play Heavy.

nvm Doug Switched to Heavy.

Yeef

Crap, I can't remember my login, can I still register?
I can register you manually this time. Just give me your selections. Also, how do you forget your steam login?

I'm so confused

mic bonus is so bs :(

guess i could try the laptop's mic and use headphones and see if it works

some of the Mic bonus is really bs even though based on points.
probably not going to matter in the end anyways.
Your points have nothing to do with whether you play or not. Who plays will be randomly decided based first on priority (since this is the first match everyone has max priority) then on class selections.

The points are just for after the players are selected, determining who goes on which team.

does the video stream still work? Last time I tried to connect it didn't. I want to watch Janklander
It should work. I'll make sure it's working on Tuesday in any event.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Last Highlander was fun! Though also somewhat frustrating as one of the few people with a mic on the non-mic team. :p My evenings' aren't completely clear, so I won't sign up this time but I'll try to spectate some.

Got a #40 salvaged crate drop and couldn't resist opening it. I broke even with a Strange Widowmaker, but man Strange Huntsmans are going for practically 1.5 buds. One day I'll buy an unusual Demo hat... one day...

Blizzard

Banned
I can register you manually this time. Just give me your selections. Also, how do you forget your steam login?
Can you register me as well please? I can be like #1 sniper, #2 heavy, #3 pyro, [#4 medic].

Also how does that site work integrating into Steam? Like the #1 rule of not getting your Steam account stolen is not to mess with stuff that integrates with third-party sites.

Yeef

Can you register me as well please? I can be like #1 sniper, #2 heavy, #3 pyro, [#4 medic].
NOPE!

Also how does that site work integrating into Steam? Like the #1 rule of not getting your Steam account stolen is not to mess with stuff that integrates with third-party sites.
Steam is an openID provider. The only information I get is whether you successfully signed in and what your steam ID number is. Don't you know anything about the internet?

Here's some reading and looking:

http://steamcommunity.com/dev

http://www.verisign.com/ssl/ssl-information-center/ev-ssl-certificate/index.html

pcw206-ev-ssl-certificates-in-browsers-5215195.png

Bluth54

Click on the login to steam icon, it explains how it works. Yeef/the Jank Server never actually sees your login name or password, basically the server gets confirmation that you were the one who logged in. Other sites use this same login method, I've used it on TF2 Warehouse months ago and my account has yet to be stolen.

Goddamn Scoutfest last night, it was a nightmare for Spies. So not cool. Finally some hero on my team went Engi and threw down some mini sentries for great justice.

Tax season is winding down! I've gotten so tired of having to partition the 2 hours of alone time I get every night between: (1) TF2, (2) other games, (3) writing, or (4) reading. I smell a 10+ hour TF2 binge coming up!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Signed up.

And yes I did say I have a working mic.

Gonna have to make some effort to use it from now on.

Kirsten

Also, what happened to the server tonight? I don't even think it reached 24 players and on a Friday no less? I have a feeling that Kirsten and SteveWinwood both being "out of town" is no mere coincidence and that they've actually teamed up and are systematically taking out Gaffers.

SteveWinwood...they are on to us.

Zeke, I am pretty sure you are the only one that noticed that I wasn't playing and that is only because I told you I am on vacation (I don't go around posting it on the forums like SOME people). Otherwise, no one would have noticed.

Proven

I'm so confused

mic bonus is so bs :(

guess i could try the laptop's mic and use headphones and see if it works

This is exactly what I do. It works.

Looking at the site again... 4 people on Medic, 4 people on Pyro, 4 people on Soldier.

Maybe I should practice my Engy or Demo this weekend...

Yeef

Can we pay you for double points like those awesome other 1st person shooters?
Sure. But there's a penalty of 50% for people who pay.

But yes, you're free to pay.

Also, you should sign up, Java. Look, there's an engineer spot. You know you want it!

DogWelder

How's this gonna work, first-come first-serve? Do I automatically get a spot because I'm one of only two people who ranked heavy as my primary choice?

Javaman

Sure. But there's a penalty of 50% for people who pay.

But yes, you're free to pay.

Also, you should sign up, Java. Look, there's an engineer spot. You know you want it!

I would but I'm going out of town Tuesday. Donno if I'll be back in time.

Yeef

How's this gonna work, first-come first-serve? Do I automatically get a spot because I'm one of only two people who ranked heavy as my primary choice?
Yup.

Basically, the script* will go through the highest tier of priority and pick a random pair of people that have class x selected as their first choice for each class. Then for the remaining spots** it goes through and does the same thing for the second choice and on and on. Then once it gets through everyone with that priority it does the same thing with the next priority and on until all spots are filled.

* I haven't actually made the script yet, but it should be easy to do and I'll do it Monday.
** The spots are one per class per team and then two alternates per team that will fill any role. Having more classes chosen will give you a higher chance of being an alternate. So 22 spots total.

Yeef

I think maybe I'll try changing the points from the last 2 (calendar) weeks to the last 14 days played. That might make the numbers a little better.

[EDIT] I did it, and it seemed to have helped a bit, but not much.

Also, Blizzard, stop being so bad.

no one else wants to play Engineer because no one else wants to have their life's work (3-5 min) gets destroyed in 2-3 seconds.

I think maybe I'll try changing the points from the last 2 (calendar) weeks to the last 14 days played. That might make the numbers a little better.

[EDIT] I did it, and it seemed to have helped a bit, but not much.

Also, Blizzard, stop being so bad.
Change it back, it was fine earlier. Now its just broken. Blizzard cannot joined with negative points.

Top Bottom