• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Oreoleo

I wish I was more immune to TF2 rage but I can't help it. I'm going on vacation next week, maybe the time away will do me some good.

Yeef

I wish I was more immune to TF2 rage but I can't help it. I'm going on vacation next week, maybe the time away will do me some good.
By the time you get back there will be a big patch and that will be enough to pull you back in.

Also, hopefully SourceMod gets fixed sometime in the next couple of hours, because I'll be at work all day tomorrow. I can update the server from work, but I'm too lazy and/or will forget.

Oreoleo

I recorded the replay of you flipping shit at Grimm, oh man, I'm going to render that right now xD

*pulls hoody down over face*

It's like the arrow had heat-seeking! Seriously I saw that son of a bitch curve in mid air to connect with the headshot DDDDD:

Yeef

lol, it's rendering as we speak..... But man.... that lag compensation is a bitch lol, I saw it, I got a nice view of it too, it shouldn't have hit you :p

Annnnddd here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIJa8rArupI

Seriously, that lag compensation trololollolol.
Projectiles aren't lag compensated. Also, I'm pretty sure the arrow is just cosmetic (a tracer) and the actual projectile is invisible.

Anyway, his weapons appear to be floating in the position they would be if he were standing where the arrow hits. Weird.

Anyway, as long as we're sharing replays *cough*

Backburnin'
Not Caberman. Not Tonight.
More arrows in Oreo's face
Tower Defense
Isendrix, we hardly knew ye

Projectiles aren't lag compensated. Also, I'm pretty sure the arrow is just cosmetic (a tracer) and the actual projectile is invisible.

Anyway, his weapons appear to be floating in the position they would be if he were standing where the arrow hits. Weird.

Anyway, as long as we're sharing replays *cough*

Tower Defense
Very nice shot.

Haven't done replays in a while.
so here's one.

Leaf

Yeef

Updated SourceMod and the server's back to normal*. I also setup the map selection menu so that it's easy for admins to switch between highlander and regular for those nights when I'm not around. Just go Ultimate Mapchooser -> Select Map -> Manual -> HIGHLANDER MODE (it'll be the last option on the last page).

To switch back do the same thing, but it'll be "Revert Server."

*I had to disable runteamlogic, the extension that makes sure no one sits out during arena. I know we play arena oh so much, so I'll update it as soon as there's a fix, post-haste!

[EDIT] Also, apparently, I got two extra dota copies. Anyone that I recognize that wants one (and doesn't already have it) can have it.

Tenck

You weren't there! SolidSnake kept destroying all my shit and none of my team mates were doing anythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Reminds me of that new Saj guy. I had fun with his nest while a Pyro just walked off. Good times. Will join you guys tomorrow and do it all over again.

Edit:
Also, apparently, I got two extra dota copies. Anyone that I recognize that wants one (and doesn't already have it) can have it.

Pick me!! I've never played a Dota game in my life!!

Just noticed that in November 25 I'll have two years with TF2. I've clocked in 449 hours on it. While Dota 2, I've had since around December 17th clocks in about 443 in 4 months lol.

I have a Dota 2 key that I don't want. Which one of you regulars wants it? First quote gets it, but I won't be able to get it traded until late tonight.

Also, I've decided I need more practice with the Backburner.

Tenck

I have a Dota 2 key that I don't want. Which one of you regulars wants it? First quote gets it, but I won't be able to get it traded until late tonight.

Also, I've decided I need more practice with the Backburner.

If it's not too much to ask, I'm trying to get a Dota 2 invite for a close friend. Mind if I ask for it?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator and DOTA2 Key Dumping Grounds

Jankyard should have DOTA 2 keys littered in the junk

Sajjaja

Reminds me of that new Saj guy. I had fun with his nest while a Pyro just walked off. Good times. Will join you guys tomorrow and do it all over again.
You have no idea how much that pissed me off..... seriously.... He came in through MY TELEPORTER, HEARS THE SAPPER GOING OFF JUST 1 FOOT BEHIND HIM, THEN WALKS AWAY!

Luckily I was able to kill you and save the teleporter....... I only set up the sentry/ dispenser as a distraction so I can save the teleporter first.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
During Highlander I'm pretty sure Snake was targeting me since I don't have a mic and wouldn't call him out. But what would I say? It's highlander: there is a spy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
During Highlander I'm pretty sure Snake was targeting me since I don't have a mic and wouldn't call him out. But what would I say? It's highlander: there is a spy.

Location and disguise would help. Even a general spy call would make people turn around.

You and Losewood deserve the stabs! Though in your case, I think you like masked men sneaking up and sticking something behind you. :mad:

Oreoleo

Surprised?
Not really. I think GAF server used to be better about protecting engies (like, years ago), but maybe that's all in my mind.

SolidSnake confuses me when he starts screaming that he's behind me and I should turn around. I'm not sure what his evil plot is behind it....

Heh I do that sometimes if I'm chasing someone down as soldier or whatever: "Demoman look out behind you!" and then he turns around just in time for me to blow him the fuck up :D

82.2 mb update
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
Fixed a server crash caused by the Loch-n-Load
Fixed the Spy-cicle's fireproof attribute not working
Fixed the Quick-Fix's 'immunity to movement-impairing effects' attribute not being honored by the Pyro's airblast
Fixed the Quick-Fix not maintaining overhealed health
Fixed health drain happening faster for players with health above the normal overheal amount for their class
Fixed unusual particle effects not displaying correctly for the Pyro's Head Warmer
Updated the Black Rose so it can be traded
Updated the Ghastly Gibus
Added LODs for all classes
Fixed the position on the Sniper
Updated the vote system
Vote caller history is now tracked by SteamID to prevent vote cooldown exploits
Fixed players being able to disconnect before a successful kickvote to avoid being banned

Black Rose doesn't seem tradable yet.

Hopefully with this update I'll be able to save my replays without HL2.exe crashing. :\ It's like the replay editor breaks and then gets fixed every other month.

Proven

I probably shouldn't skip tonight because I won't be very free until at least Saturday, but there's work to be done...

Also, Quick-Fix buff. It's already pretty good against the average Pyro. Fun.

As for the Spy-shenanigans the night before, the big problem during the short time I played Pyro (Thunder Mountain defense) was that the Engineers never built anywhere I wanted to defend around. Then again, we only had one, and he soon switched, and then on offensive I switched to engineer, so oh well.

Yeef

It seems the latest patch added a bug where certain on-hit effects trigger on buildings. Ubersaw, Black Box and Blutsauger all work. Strangely enough, L'Etranger does not.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

T2g0f.png
Finally!

tear_of_joy_e.jpg

Top Bottom