• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Enco
(09-08-2011, 09:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Netrunner2k2

Well, I have a solution for them. Give US the beta, take a couple days off, and we'll give them a whole host of things to fix. Things they don't even know about.

And UK.
Not a Jellyfish
but I am a sheep
(09-08-2011, 09:23 PM)
Geez, when is this beta going to start? I am going crazy over here.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(09-08-2011, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Nostalgia~4ever

a friend who works at starbreeze says that dice is panicking to fix everything before release. Unbelievable crunch time for them right now.

Man that sucks.
DenogginizerOS
BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
(09-08-2011, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

Man that sucks.

Indeed. I sincerely hope Dice has a smooth launch, but that would be a first for them.
zephervack
(09-08-2011, 09:29 PM)
Must be insane knowing that changing the release date is not an option, the release date is key to everything, 2 weeks before MW2 and they have millions of dollars set up for marketing on that date. daaamn
Nostalgia~4ever
Banned
(09-08-2011, 09:29 PM)

Man that sucks.

it does suck to work 7 days a week 16 hours a day or whatever, but hopefully it ends up rewarding.
Makoto
(09-08-2011, 09:34 PM)
Old?

Health regen is a server setting.
InfectedZero
(09-08-2011, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Snrub

So...is this subtle confirmation of settings for night maps?

This was already confirmed along with different color bullet tracers wasn't it?
Gareth Bale
(09-08-2011, 09:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Confidence Man

If you're planning on buying a new card for this (specifically a GTX series), you can get Arkham City free (edit: applies to any brand): http://www.evga.com/articles/00646/?sf2147908=1

I got a 560ti a few weeks ago. How would I find out the part number?
Anton Sugar
(09-08-2011, 09:40 PM)

Originally Posted by InfectedZero

This was already confirmed along with different color bullet tracers wasn't it?

Yeah, I posted that earlier, but he never said if that was for SP or MP. I assumed MP, but asked and...never got a response.

This tweet seems to confirm it more clearly, though.

Originally Posted by vidal

Old?

New, I think. People need to actually try this out before they freak out. I hope it doesn't affect disabling/health bleed.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(09-08-2011, 09:44 PM)

it does suck to work 7 days a week 16 hours a day or whatever, but hopefully it ends up rewarding.

I honestly don't think I could find any job rewarding enough to warrant those hours.
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(09-08-2011, 09:44 PM)
Thanks Irish for the 25% off codes! Preordered two more copies. OH GOD, HELL IS UPON ME! :D
Confidence Man
360 release: 2005
PS3 release: 2007
I need the reminder.
(09-08-2011, 09:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Bungieware

I got a 560ti a few weeks ago. How would I find out the part number?

Not sure, but I think it only applies if you buy the card from today on.
Anton Sugar
(09-08-2011, 09:45 PM)

I honestly don't think I could find any job rewarding enough to warrant those hours.

I don't know, man. Have you seen their office?
Gareth Bale
(09-08-2011, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Confidence Man

Not sure, but I think it only applies if you buy the card from today on.

Yeah you're right. Participating retailers as well.
Nostalgia~4ever
Banned
(09-08-2011, 10:00 PM)
hopefully there are a lot of server settings that are changeable. Makes sense.
SapientWolf
(09-08-2011, 10:05 PM)

a friend who works at starbreeze says that dice is panicking to fix everything before release. Unbelievable crunch time for them right now.

Launch of the beta or launch of the game? I was thinking that they were treating the beta like a soft launch but now I'm not so sure.
subversus
I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
(09-08-2011, 10:10 PM)

Originally Posted by DenogginizerOS

Indeed. I sincerely hope Dice has a smooth launch, but that would be a first for them.

it won't happen

I'll start to play the game in December earliest.
Arcipello
(09-08-2011, 10:16 PM)

Originally Posted by vidal

Old?

BC2 basically has that also... its part of the hardcore mode.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(09-08-2011, 10:19 PM)

Originally Posted by firehawk12

I don't know anything about the Nordic art scene, but I have to imagine there will be films, novels, art installations about that subject soon enough - maybe on the anniversary of the event.

Meanwhile, they can't even figure out how to put civilians into a fictional game where you probably slaughter thousands of Russian soldiers.

I know, I know, games are not art so it shouldn't matter or something.

I think they're like MGS4 or Heavy Rain. Really good single moments wrapped around a lot of shitty writing.

They can figure out they just don't believe in putting civilians in the game and I agree with them. What I would say is they should be releasing mod tools and if that happens let others put in civilians.
MrCompletely
(09-08-2011, 10:32 PM)

I don't know anything about the Nordic art scene, but I have to imagine there will be films, novels, art installations about that subject soon enough - maybe on the anniversary of the event.

Meanwhile, they can't even figure out how to put civilians into a fictional game where you probably slaughter thousands of Russian soldiers.

I know, I know, games are not art so it shouldn't matter or something..

Huh? Your previous post mentions that DICE left civs out due to sensitivities about players killing them, and here you chalk it up to tech deficiencies. Make up your mind.

In any regard, civilians have never been in a battlefield game. That region of the world was rocked by the recent massacre, if any deliberate decision about cutting that kind of content was made, I would bet it was due to sensitivities around that event.
charsace
Banned
(09-08-2011, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Arcipello

BC2 basically has that also... its part of the hardcore mode.

And it sucked really bad on a selfish team.
Makoto
(09-08-2011, 11:44 PM)

There will be no Air Superiority mode at launch, but may be added later.

If they do Air Superiority, it needs be like 1942's Coral Sea (an actual, inspired objective) instead of 1943's Coral Sea (TDM, really).

Edit: I know, I should have quoted and replied to this back when it first posted. :P
Last edited by Makoto; 09-09-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Angelcurio
(09-09-2011, 12:38 AM)

There will be no Air Superiority mode at launch, but may be added later.

They should have included it, it's definitely one of my favorite modes in 1943.
Megasoum
(09-09-2011, 01:27 AM)
Sweet...

Mortar has smoke and HE rounds...!

But what's HE rounds?
Enosh
(09-09-2011, 01:28 AM)

MY FUCKING IDEA WAS KINDA IMPLEMENTED: if you spawn on Radio Beacon outdoors, you parachute in. If indoors, you just spawn

great, just what I needed, a delay in actualy getting into the fight and holding up a big neon sign saying "here I come, please shoot me"
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(09-09-2011, 01:29 AM)

I think they're like MGS4 or Heavy Rain. Really good single moments wrapped around a lot of shitty writing.

Pretty much. There are a lot of innovative and really original ideas in the stories. Now playing as a character who dies is played out, but in 2007? I loved the sequence where you play as the executed president and the soldier who dies in the nuke blast.

BC2 had nothing like that whatsoever. It didn't even succeed as a dumb action film kinda campaign. It was just bland from start to finish. I'm not sure what to think of what I've seen of BF3's story so far. In many ways it looks like an improvements with much better setpieces, but I don't know if DICE are capable of doing those epic setpieces/moments which really makes the Infinity Ward games memorable.

I know BF3 is mostly about MP, but if the SP isn't a huge improvement over BC2 I'll be pretty sad. It is half of the game, afterall.
Anton Sugar
(09-09-2011, 01:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Megasoum

But what's HE rounds?

High Explosive.

Originally Posted by Enosh

great, just what I needed, a delay in actualy getting into the fight and holding up a big neon sign saying "here I come, please shoot me"

Well...it IS a deployable spawn point. Any better ideas on balancing it?
Megasoum
(09-09-2011, 01:30 AM)

High Explosive.

Oh...sweet!
Revenant
Patrick Kane @ St Patty's Day
(09-09-2011, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Megasoum

Sweet...

But what's HE rounds?

high explosive, it just goes boom
matt05891
(09-09-2011, 01:31 AM)

Terrible hours but imagine if they were paid HOURLY? 72 hours a week of overtime. Too bad most are salaried in anyway or are considered "independent contractors" for some testers so they don't get overtime. I hope their bonus at the end pays for this.
InfectedZero
(09-09-2011, 01:32 AM)
Nice list man! God this game is going to be fucking incredible.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(09-09-2011, 01:33 AM)

Demize is fucking throwing out answers tonight:

All this is really great info, especially the stuff about the Radar Becon. I can't wait to give it a shot.
DTKT
(09-09-2011, 01:34 AM)
UH-1 chopper firing Stingers from the passenger seats.

I want. Now.
Enosh
(09-09-2011, 01:34 AM)

Well...it IS a deployable spawn point. Any better ideas on balancing it?

then why isn't it a problem indors, it will just be annoying if some dumbshit is squad leader and places the thing somewhere in the open, otherwise you can just place it in the nearest building

the thing doesn't sound like a balance fix at all, it just sounds like another style over substance thing
belvedere
Junior Butler
(09-09-2011, 01:42 AM)
Great news on the radio beacon.

Beta please.

Please....
woober
(09-09-2011, 01:47 AM)
To the dismay of some of you, BF3 will not have TrackIR support:

Twitter

@ripper998 no support for trackir

SapientWolf
(09-09-2011, 01:49 AM)
I'm excited about the possibility of CTF. Seems like they scaled back on some features to get the game shipped on time though.
Deadbeat
(09-09-2011, 01:50 AM)

Brand new hitreg system for BF3,

Ill believe it when I see it. Hint Hint release the beta already.
Nizz
(09-09-2011, 01:58 AM)

Damn. And their release date is set in stone too. Maybe it probably wouldn't have made much difference but maybe they should have released a week later? First week of November?
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(09-09-2011, 02:19 AM)
Radar beacon sounds fine... I mean if it's gone when you die, it's pretty much just like regular old squad spawn, except now you have to parachute in lol.

Not as bad as I first imagined. No one will use it.
Anton Sugar
(09-09-2011, 02:31 AM)
Not near my comp now, but I think another tweet of his mentions that they haven't yet finalized the unlock order. Maybe beta feedback will help?
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(09-09-2011, 02:34 AM)

Not near my comp now, but I think another tweet of his mentions that they haven't yet finalized the unlock order. Maybe beta feedback will help?

I'm really surprised about that. I figured that the order would be locked down by now, there would just be tweaking to the amount of points to unlock them.
mr_nothin
Banned
(09-09-2011, 02:36 AM)

if you spawn on Radio Beacon outdoors, you parachute in. If indoors, you just spawn

Sounds good. If it HAS to be implemented then that seems like the only way it would work. =]
Now take out full squad spawning.
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(09-09-2011, 02:37 AM)

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

I'm really surprised about that. I figured that the order would be locked down by now, there would just be tweaking to the amount of points to unlock them.

Well... it's no longer per kit. Now that things unlock per weapon, you kind of have to consider the context/usefulness of unlocks on a weapon by weapon basis, in addition to thinking about specs for kits.

Hopefully they are doing this... as you'd expect different order of unlocks for a sniper rifle vs SMG. And different specs for recon vs engineer, for example.

Originally Posted by mr_nothin

Sounds good. If it HAS to be implemented then that seems like the only way it would work. =]
Now take out full squad spawning.

I'd think this beacon basically confirms they've ditched the full squad spawning... I mean it'd be completely redundant (and actually a disadvantage) otherwise. Unless I'm misunderstanding something?
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(09-09-2011, 02:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Evolved1

Well... it's no longer per kit. Now that things unlock per weapon, you kind of have to consider the context/usefulness of unlocks on a weapon by weapon basis, in addition to thinking about specs for kits.

Hopefully they are doing this... as you'd expect different order of unlocks for a sniper rifle vs SMG. And different specs for recon vs engineer, for example.

True, that stuff probably still needs to be sorted out. I figured the gun order would be planned out by now though.
SneakyStephan
(09-09-2011, 02:44 AM)

Ugh, best to wait 2 or 3 patches before buying then, it'll have tons of problems.

Humans aren't machines, you can't work them 16/7 and expect quality work and high productivity.

The fuck are they rushing it for anyhow.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(09-09-2011, 02:45 AM)

Originally Posted by SneakyStephan

Ugh, best to wait 2 or 3 patches before buying then, it'll have tons of problems.

Humans aren't machines, you can't work them 16/7 and expect quality work and high productivity.

The fuck are they rushing it for anyhow.

EA won't let them ship after MW3.