• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Pranay_
Member
(09-04-2011, 10:45 PM)
Pranay_'s Avatar
The New Trailer looks quite great :)
Untracked
Member
(09-04-2011, 11:00 PM)
Untracked's Avatar

Originally Posted by MercuryLS

Only thing i want is matchmaking for spec ops. please tell me this is confirmed.

It was confirmed somewhere. Can't remember where though.
Mush
6.0
(09-04-2011, 11:10 PM)
Mush's Avatar
No MP achievements?
Spinning Plates
Member
(09-04-2011, 11:14 PM)
Spinning Plates's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brian Fellows

It'll probably be 20 MP maps with the option to play each one in Survival with no new actual Spec Ops missions.

I'd be fine with that just as ong as they don't try and recycle a bunch of MW1/2 maps like they did last time. It should be 4 old returning maps at most.

Treyarch also showed them how it should be done when bringing back old maps with there Cliffside to Hazard remake.

.
palpabl_purpura
Member
(09-04-2011, 11:41 PM)
Having high regards for the Quake arena and Unreal Tournament series as the gold standard for multiplayer FPS, I can't comprehend how high the weapon damage is in this franchise. And in the latest installment, it's even higher !! This combined with health regen and killstreaks -are you surprised that camping is a problem in this game?
Danny 117
Member
(09-04-2011, 11:42 PM)
Danny 117's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mush

No MP achievements?

There never have been MP achievements in the newer CoD games IIRC, except for prestige in world at war for 0G.
Psycho Powaa
Member
(09-04-2011, 11:56 PM)
Psycho Powaa's Avatar
Juggernaut Recon gameplay

http://youtu.be/YTWMWLm2M4o

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is the one under Support Strike called Juggernaut Recon, hence the Riot Shield. Not quite sure what the Juggernaut under Assault Strike is like.
Last edited by Psycho Powaa; 09-05-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(09-05-2011, 12:07 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by Strider2K99

Juggernaut Armor gameplay

http://youtu.be/YTWMWLm2M4o

Thats gonna be interesting.
Enosh
Member
(09-05-2011, 12:13 AM)
Enosh's Avatar
looks like gamespot has the finals up, some 53 mins long, 720p avalible
http://www.gamespot.com/events/codxp...ml?sid=6332743

wait, fuck wrong thread, meh still MW3 related
Brolic Gaoler
formerly Alienshogun
(09-05-2011, 12:15 AM)
Brolic Gaoler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Strider2K99

Juggernaut Armor gameplay

http://youtu.be/YTWMWLm2M4o


Jesus christ, between this and "unlock all the perks," how could anyone think these are good ideas?
richisawesome
Member
(09-05-2011, 12:26 AM)
richisawesome's Avatar
Not interested in MW3 myself, but thought UK Gaf should know about this.

The hardened edition (free COD Elite for a year, XP boost, 100 page art book) is currently 89.99 at game and gamestation, and 79.99 at Amazon.co.uk.

Blockbuster are doing it as an in-store preorder for 64.99. It's only 20 more than the standard edition, and you get all the map packs free with the COD Elite membership. Definitely worth going to pre-order it while it's that price, as it's the cheapest in the UK right now.
BlackFlip
(09-05-2011, 12:30 AM)
BlackFlip's Avatar

Originally Posted by Strider2K99

Juggernaut Recon gameplay

http://youtu.be/YTWMWLm2M4o

:lol :lol these fucking devs.
Weenerz
Banned
(09-05-2011, 12:32 AM)
Weenerz's Avatar
Are the hardened edition or cod elite coming to PC?
Calibur
Member
(09-05-2011, 12:33 AM)
Calibur's Avatar
Was this cleared up, when you die now do you lose the killstreaks you never used?
richisawesome
Member
(09-05-2011, 12:33 AM)
richisawesome's Avatar

Originally Posted by Weenerz

Are the hardened edition or cod elite coming to PC?

Not sure, I only knew about the PS3 and 360 versions. I can ask about it tomorrow, I guess.
Untracked
Member
(09-05-2011, 12:41 AM)
Untracked's Avatar
After coming off MW2 and watching that Tango Down trailer I'm noticing they've improved sound quality slightly. It seems crisper and sounds awesome.
Glad it doesn't sound like BLOPS. Yes, I'm a soundwhore.

Looking forward to trying it in 5.1.
Last edited by Untracked; 09-05-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Mush
6.0
(09-05-2011, 12:43 AM)
Mush's Avatar

Originally Posted by Danny 117

There never have been MP achievements in the newer CoD games IIRC, except for prestige in world at war for 0G.

I know, but you'd think they'd try and cash in on them since you know, that's half the reason people play the series.
vatstep
This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
(09-05-2011, 01:12 AM)
vatstep's Avatar

Originally Posted by Strider2K99

Juggernaut Recon gameplay

http://youtu.be/YTWMWLm2M4o

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is the one under Support Strike called Juggernaut Recon, hence the Riot Shield. Not quite sure what the Juggernaut under Assault Strike is like.

I'm guessing the "Assault" Juggernaut can use weapons. This one seems to just have a riot shield, so it's more for defense, in line with the other "Support" streaks. If that's the case, I'm surprised it's such a high streak.
Xux
Member
(09-05-2011, 06:32 AM)
Xux's Avatar

Originally Posted by Strider2K99

Juggernaut Recon gameplay

http://youtu.be/YTWMWLm2M4o

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is the one under Support Strike called Juggernaut Recon, hence the Riot Shield. Not quite sure what the Juggernaut under Assault Strike is like.

It gets an M60 instead.

Originally Posted by Alienshogun

Jesus christ, between this and "unlock all the perks," how could anyone think these are good ideas?

Doesn't seem that good. Especially with a riot shield. Having all of the perks at once doesn't seem that good, either.
Bumblebeetuna
Member
(09-05-2011, 03:18 PM)
Bumblebeetuna's Avatar
I'd imagine that Jugg support streak would be great for demolition or domination.
Reckless Onion
Member
(09-05-2011, 04:10 PM)
Reckless Onion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xux

It gets an M60 instead.

Are you serious? Any quote you can link me?
Neverender
Member
(09-05-2011, 05:07 PM)
Neverender's Avatar
Just heard this is not going to be a Prestige Edition this time? Why wouldn't they?
DRE Fei
Member
(09-05-2011, 05:36 PM)
DRE Fei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienshogun

Jesus christ, between this and "unlock all the perks," how could anyone think these are good ideas?

The simple fact that you can protect yourself from every other killstreak in the game by using the assassin+blind eye combination really weakens the air support a lot. The way things are looking now, the juggernaut killstreak will probably be the only serious threat in this game, but maybe things can change later.
Xux
Member
(09-05-2011, 05:45 PM)
Xux's Avatar

Originally Posted by Razor 81

Are you serious? Any quote you can link me?

http://www.gamespot.com/events/codxp...;15&pid=995751

Jack Scofield
Member
(09-05-2011, 05:51 PM)
Jack Scofield's Avatar

Originally Posted by DRE Fei

The simple fact that you can protect yourself from every other killstreak in the game by using the assassin+blind eye combination really weakens the air support a lot.

I agree with you, but even the inclusion of Cold-Blooded and Stingers in MW2 didn't stop people from bitching about "OP'd" killstreaks. Nevermind that you could take out most of them yourself before they even got a kill. People love to complain but refuse to take the initiative and switch to the anti-air weapons provided in the game.

It's easier to bitch and moan.
zeelman
Member
(09-05-2011, 06:10 PM)
zeelman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jack Scofield

I agree with you, but even the inclusion of Cold-Blooded and Stingers in MW2 didn't stop people from bitching about "OP'd" killstreaks. Nevermind that you could take out most of them yourself before they even got a kill. People love to complain but refuse to take the initiative and switch to the anti-air weapons provided in the game.

It's easier to bitch and moan.

I think the people who were bitching about the high end killstreaks were complaining about how the good players knew where everyone was, so Cold-Blooded was basically useless. I can't shoot down something when I die the exact second I spawn in.
Spinning Plates
Member
(09-05-2011, 06:15 PM)
Spinning Plates's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xux

It gets an M60 instead.


A Death Machine would have been better.

.
Khal_B
Member
(09-05-2011, 06:25 PM)
Khal_B's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jack Scofield

Nevermind that you could take out most of them yourself before they even got a kill. People love to complain but refuse to take the initiative and switch to the anti-air weapons provided in the game.

This is true. Though I must admit there were instances where my two stinger missiles failed to kill a simple harrier. Now that shit was infuriating.
DRE Fei
Member
(09-05-2011, 06:59 PM)
DRE Fei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xux

One of the Prestige bonuses you can pick from is carrying over something to the next prestige.

Juggernauts can't jump.

If I choose to keep the desert eagle after I presige for example, does it stay unlocked forever or just until I prestige again?
Last edited by DRE Fei; 09-05-2011 at 07:02 PM.
MustacheBandit_
Member
(09-05-2011, 07:00 PM)
MustacheBandit_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Strider2K99

Juggernaut Recon gameplay

http://youtu.be/YTWMWLm2M4o

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is the one under Support Strike called Juggernaut Recon, hence the Riot Shield. Not quite sure what the Juggernaut under Assault Strike is like.

wow that looks pretty unneeded in the game. i wish they would have put less killstreak rewards.
Xux
Member
(09-05-2011, 07:21 PM)
Xux's Avatar

Originally Posted by DRE Fei

If I choose to keep the desert eagle after I presige for example, does it stay unlocked forever or just until I prestige again?

Didn't say. (he tweeted about the Prestige Shop a couple times)

Reduced knife lunge.

Another Prestige Shop option is resetting your stats so you can start back at level one after you max out on Prestiges.

Less of a grind towards the end of a Prestige compared to MW2.

Grenade launchers are "fairly weak".

Both the killer and whomever picks up the tags get's the Kill Confirmed medal and experience.

Report player function returns.

Daily and weekly challenges.
Loxley
Member
(09-05-2011, 07:39 PM)
Loxley's Avatar
Huh, Bowling said they want the focus of the gameplay to be all about gun-vs-gun again like in CoD4 and not the absurd killstreak-obsessed cesspool that MW2 became, so they decided the best way to go about doing that would be to add more killstreaks and make them even more extravagant and plentiful than ever before?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a line of supportive killstreaks (a lot, actually) but I just....Infinity Ward has a horrible history of addressing community balance concerns compared to their contemporaries, so I could only imagine that keeping all of these damn killstreaks and perks in line would present a logistical nightmare in terms of balance, especially at launch, and very especially without a beta.

Those of you willing to brave the storm the day MW3 launches, my thoughts and prayers are with you :P
TestOfTide
Member
(09-05-2011, 10:00 PM)
TestOfTide's Avatar

Originally Posted by DRE Fei

The simple fact that you can protect yourself from every other killstreak in the game by using the assassin+blind eye combination really weakens the air support a lot. The way things are looking now, the juggernaut killstreak will probably be the only serious threat in this game, but maybe things can change later.

Not quite. What about Recon Pro and Marksman? You can just mark an enemy with those perks, right?
RedSwirl
Junior Member
(09-05-2011, 10:26 PM)
RedSwirl's Avatar
Has there been any indication that Modern Warfare 3 will have the Combat Training mode from Black Ops?

I know IW doesn't like to retain anything that Treyarch comes up with, but you have to admit that bots and splitscreen online were worthwhile additions to the COD franchise that probably needed to be in every game.
Brian Fellows
Pete Carroll Owns Me
(09-05-2011, 10:31 PM)
Brian Fellows's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedSwirl

Has there been any indication that Modern Warfare 3 will have the Combat Training mode from Black Ops?

I know IW doesn't like to retain anything that Treyarch comes up with, but you have to admit that bots and splitscreen online were worthwhile additions to the COD franchise that probably needed to be in every game.

I think its safe to assume that there will be no combat training.
Bumblebeetuna
Member
(09-05-2011, 10:44 PM)
Bumblebeetuna's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jack Scofield

I agree with you, but even the inclusion of Cold-Blooded and Stingers in MW2 didn't stop people from bitching about "OP'd" killstreaks. Nevermind that you could take out most of them yourself before they even got a kill. People love to complain but refuse to take the initiative and switch to the anti-air weapons provided in the game.

It's easier to bitch and moan.

People bitch because it's true. And most of the people bitching and moaning are probably people who try to do exactly what you're describing. They are the lone people on their teams who actually have a class dedicated to shooting down the air shit. But when no one else on your team does, most of the time you're fucked. Unless the people controlling the AC130/CG and their teammates suck, you're usually dead before you can shoot it down. And then on many maps you're just stuck in the cycle of spawn, die, spawn, die. Which, of course, builds up better air shit for the opposing team, resulting in stronger air shit and then you're just fucked all over again as your teammates continually run out with their akimbo pistols out and ready, completely oblivious to the fact that they're getting destroyed.

It was a big enough deal that Black Ops took out stacking streaks, made both the CG and Gunship have a ridiculous amount of time that you can use to take it out before it even fires off a bullet, and designed the maps better so that you aren't stuck in air shit spawn rape hell. It still happens on a couple of maps but the design of those maps kind of makes it impossible to avoid it.

But yeah, the MW2 air barrage was overpowered and was horse shit and I am glad they are changing it.
Hey You
Member
(09-05-2011, 10:44 PM)
Hey You's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedSwirl

Has there been any indication that Modern Warfare 3 will have the Combat Training mode from Black Ops?

I know IW doesn't like to retain anything that Treyarch comes up with, but you have to admit that bots and splitscreen online were worthwhile additions to the COD franchise that probably needed to be in every game.

Nope, I was just reading 402's twitter and he said Combat training is not in and Spec Ops serves its purpose.
Psycho Powaa
Member
(09-05-2011, 11:09 PM)
Psycho Powaa's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedSwirl

Has there been any indication that Modern Warfare 3 will have the Combat Training mode from Black Ops?

I know IW doesn't like to retain anything that Treyarch comes up with, but you have to admit that bots and splitscreen online were worthwhile additions to the COD franchise that probably needed to be in every game.

No combat training, I guess the devs figure that Spec Ops Survival is your best bet in memorizing the MP maps.

Honestly, the Black Ops bots are either pretty dumb and super robotic in movement (on normal) or they act like wallhackers (on Hardened/Veteran).

It's a novel idea, but then you see the cracks once you play it enough. I'm glad that it was in the game though.
Xux
Member
(09-06-2011, 12:32 AM)
Xux's Avatar

Originally Posted by TestOfTide

Not quite. What about Recon Pro and Marksman? You can just mark an enemy with those perks, right?

Marksman just shows the enemy's name above their head from farther away than it usually does.

Originally Posted by RedSwirl

Has there been any indication that Modern Warfare 3 will have the Combat Training mode from Black Ops?

I know IW doesn't like to retain anything that Treyarch comes up with, but you have to admit that bots and splitscreen online were worthwhile additions to the COD franchise that probably needed to be in every game.

Splitscreen online's in.
amar212
Member
(09-06-2011, 12:40 AM)
amar212's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bumblebeetuna

People bitch because it's true. And most of the people bitching and moaning are probably people who try to do exactly what you're describing. They are the lone people on their teams who actually have a class dedicated to shooting down the air shit. But when no one else on your team does, most of the time you're fucked. Unless the people controlling the AC130/CG and their teammates suck, you're usually dead before you can shoot it down. And then on many maps you're just stuck in the cycle of spawn, die, spawn, die. Which, of course, builds up better air shit for the opposing team, resulting in stronger air shit and then you're just fucked all over again as your teammates continually run out with their akimbo pistols out and ready, completely oblivious to the fact that they're getting destroyed.

It was a big enough deal that Black Ops took out stacking streaks, made both the CG and Gunship have a ridiculous amount of time that you can use to take it out before it even fires off a bullet, and designed the maps better so that you aren't stuck in air shit spawn rape hell. It still happens on a couple of maps but the design of those maps kind of makes it impossible to avoid it.

But yeah, the MW2 air barrage was overpowered and was horse shit and I am glad they are changing it.

I agree with everything you have said.
Psycho Powaa
Member
(09-06-2011, 12:53 AM)
Psycho Powaa's Avatar
Has anyone been able to confirm if Scavenger (at least non-pro version for now) refills Grenade Launcher ammo?

I know explosives have been nerfed, but I'm just curious.
zeelman
Member
(09-06-2011, 12:56 AM)
zeelman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Strider2K99


It's a novel idea, but then you see the cracks once you play it enough. I'm glad that it was in the game though.

Combat Training really helped me learn the spawns in FFA. It makes FFA against real players mmuch less frustrating.
-Pyromaniac-
(09-06-2011, 12:57 AM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
Yeah I always laugh when people try to downplay issues because they don't care about them.
Nori Chan
Member
(09-06-2011, 01:02 AM)
Nori Chan's Avatar
No news on Prestige edition yet?
ajb1888
Junior Member
(09-06-2011, 01:09 AM)
ajb1888's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xux

Marksman just shows the enemy's name above their head from farther away than it usually does.



Splitscreen online's in.

Splitscreen's back? YES! I was hoping so. Day one a real possibility.
Xux
Member
(09-06-2011, 01:11 AM)
Xux's Avatar

Originally Posted by Strider2K99

Has anyone been able to confirm if Scavenger (at least non-pro version for now) refills Grenade Launcher ammo?

I know explosives have been nerfed, but I'm just curious.

It isn't replenished at the end of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFfpYYZpsco

He didn't reload it or have it out when he picked up the baggie, though, so I guess it's not confirmed completely.
H3xum
Member
(09-06-2011, 02:05 AM)
H3xum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Noriega

No news on Prestige edition yet?

Edit: Linked to hardened, whoops.

For anyone that still wants that info
Neverender
Member
(09-06-2011, 09:40 AM)
Neverender's Avatar

Originally Posted by Noriega

No news on Prestige edition yet?

EB Games in Australia have been telling everyone there won't be a Prestige Edition. Has anyone else heard this?
Brian Fellows
Pete Carroll Owns Me
(09-06-2011, 07:39 PM)
Brian Fellows's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xux



Splitscreen online's in.


I wonder if PS3 will get dual login this time.

Thread Tools