• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DmC: Devil May Cry gameplay [Dante Redesigned Again]

2San said:
The hot pants fuck up the image though, it doesn't go well with the rest of the image. Would've been a lot better without.
It's attempting to capture a modern aesthetic. What would you rather they wear?

God's Beard said:
Yeah I don't think SotC's framerate did the game any favors.
Unfortunately, that view varies depending on who you talk to. I remember previous SotC HD threads where people called me a blasphemer for wanting 60fps.

_dementia said:
Unfortunately, that view varies depending on who you talk to. I remember previous SotC HD threads where people called me a blasphemer for wanting 60fps.
It doesn't need 60fps, it needed a stable framerate period.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
_dementia said:

You can agree, though, that 60fps (vs. locked 30) is not as important for a game as slow and deliberate as SOTC, yes?

God's Beard said:

That's supposedly what they're doing with SotC HD.

But they're only locking it at 30 for "cinematic purposes" according to the director, hence the FPS argument in SotC threads.

Granger Danger said:
Probably too racy to be accepted by retail stores though, sadly.

That's why you put that cover on the limited editions. Won't see the light of day in Target and Walmart, but you still have an official release of it on Amazon, Gamestop behind the counter, etc.

gunbo13

God's Beard said:
It doesn't need 60fps but it would be better with it. The ones saying otherwise are the same crazies who say 30fps is OK for DMC.

Oh yea, I'm generalizing. Come at me.

X26 said:
All it needs is some editing, pretty good choice for a cover if they go with it
Half naked stripper/angels? In the US? With "Dante" pointing his finger at one of them as if it was a dick? Never going to happen.

SamBishop

Banned
God's Beard said:
It got that... and how. Feels like a Criterion re-release done by the director.

Also, this looks like Heavenly Enslaved, and I am okay with that. Capcom asked for a western Dante and Ninja Theory did it. Then they redesigned Dante to appease. Now they are finally showing off combat and it looks like it could be incredible to watch. Now, if it can PLAY as well as the old games, that will be something.

Mark my words, though. Even if they pull it off, there will be, invariably, an east/west bias to how people like the combat in this game.

ZephyrFate said:
Exactly why American covers are fucking terrible.
jiS4B.png

Top Bottom