• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
1BbqX.png

2010-09-02_15-27-58_202.jpg

(Photo via Deadly Cyclone from PAX 2010, taken with a Droid X)

***---IN PROGRESS. PARDON OUR DUST---***

The Details:
Who: Halo fans worldwide!
What: HaloFest at PAX 2011
When:
• Friday August 26 – 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM PST
• Saturday August 27 – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST
• Sunday August 28 – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST
Where: The 2011 Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle, Washington at Washington State Convention Center’s 3rd Floor Annex.
Why: To celebrate Halo’s 10 year anniversary and all the fans/employees who have built and loved the series since its 2001 inception via Bungie Studios as well as to celebrate the franchise’s future with 343 Industries.

coverage.png

IGN’s HaloFest Coverage: http://www.ign.com/events/halo
Halo Waypoint’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/HaloWaypoint
HaloGaf at PAX Twitter List - http://twitter.com/#!/ncsuDuncan/halogaf-at-pax
Forward Unto Dawn's Summary: http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/halofest-summary-hub/

shce.png

• Friday, August 26th

Halo: Anniversary
COMPLETE
Panel Video - IGN

Halo Community: Fragging, Forge, and Flowers
COMPLETE
Panel Video - IGN

What’s Next for Waypoint
COMPLETE
Panel Video - IGN

Halo Universe
COMPLETE
Panel Video - IGN

• Saturday, August 27th
Bungie: Hatching the Cosmic Halo Egg
COMPLETE
Panel Video - Youtube

Halo: Building a Universe of Toys and Collectibles
COMPLETE
Panel Video - IGN

Halo Universe Fiction
COMPLETE
Panel Video - IGN

Halo Anniversary Campaign Discussion
COMPLETE
Panel Video - IGN

• Sunday, August 28th
Halo 4
COMPLETE

Xbox talks 10 years of Halo
COMPLETE

Halo Anniversary Multiplayer
COMPLETE

Red Vs. Blue Table Read
COMPLETE

Tournament Schedule

7pANy.png

HaloFest Trailer - IGN
HaloFest Show Floor Preview - IGN
Damnation Video Flythrough - IGN
Battle Canyon Gameplay (Battle Creek) - IGN
Ridgeline (Timberland) Flythrough - IGN
Solitary (Prisoner) Flythrough - IGN
Solitary (Prisoner) Flythrough - YouTube
Installation 04 (Firefight) flythrough - IGN
Behind the Scenes: Multiplayer - GameTrailers
Behind the Scenes: Multiplayer - YouTube
Special: 343 Talks Halo 4 - IGN
Halo Anniversary Terminal Video (Warning, Potential Spoilers)
Anniversary Single Player Walkthrough - IGN
Halo Anniversary Kills Montage - IGN
Energy Sword FTW Video - IGN
Halo Anniversary: A Shot to the Face - IGN
Headlong Remake Video - IGN
Halo Store Walkthrough - Kotaku
The "Duke" Controller Modded for the Xbox 360
Terminal 2: First Look - IGN
Our first Hands-On - MSNBC
Mega 64: Early Anniversary? - Mega 64
Blue Team's Kill Streak - IGN

3orP8.png

hcea.png

Experience “Halo” like Never Before in Immersive Steroscopic 3D

For the first time, fans will be able to experience the original “Halo” campaign in a whole new dimension as they step onto the legendary ring world in stereoscopic 3D. Using a custom made top-and-bottom 3D technology, 3D-TV owning fans will be able to experience the amazingly remastered “Halo: Anniversary” in a more immersive experience than ever before. Attendees can see this first at the immersive LG Cinema 3D Experience at Halo Fest.

New “Halo: Anniversary” Maps

Announced and playable today at Halo Fest are two stunningly reimagined battlefields and a brand new Firefight map for “Halo: Anniversary”: Timberland, Prisoner and Installation 04.

· TIMBERLAND –Timberland is “Halo: Anniversary’s” beautifully reimagined multiplayer map from “Halo PC,” set in the classically alpine environment so familiar to “Halo.” Once serving as a watch point for the immense relay complex below, the monitoring outposts nestled atop this ridge became a staging ground for human forces during their time on Installation 04. Toward the end of the conflict, a Covenant assault brought the marines here to a tragic end. Timberland is a tree-covered valley, sporting undulating hills, surging rivers, and a terrain perfect for large-scale vehicle mayhem. (8 – 16 players)

· PRISONER –The return of “Halo: Combat Evolved’s” Prisoner delivers a claustrophobic and frenetic multiplayer experience now elaborately recreated for “Halo: Anniversary.” These spinning confinement platforms are a testament to the technological prowess of the Forerunners. In the event of a security breach, the facility’s suborbital location and frigid temperature were thought to be able to keep any threat at bay, but it appears those plans were… optimistic. Prisoner is a multi-level facility, with tightly-woven corridors and many bridges and ramps, perfect for the chaos of close-range combat. (2 – 8 players)

· INSTALLATION 04 – Installation 04 brings fans back to one of the most iconic environments in “Halo’s” history, the base of an enormous Forerunner spire from “Halo: Combat Evolved’s” campaign mission “Halo,” now stunningly returning in “Halo: Anniversary’s” Firefight mode. Set on one of the many cliff sides of Alpha Halo, this beacon served as a rendezvous point for survivors of the Covenant attack on the UNSC Pillar of Autumn. These survivors, including the legendary Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, were forced to stave off numerous Covenant attacks until rescue finally came. Installation 04 is a familiar precipice studded with ancient Forerunner structures which make a perfect defensive position against an invading alien enemy and marks the first Firefight experience to include ally AI players who will defend the installation alongside you. (1 – 4 players)

Previously announced, playable fan favorite maps also made their US debut at Halo Fest including:

· DAMNATION –A fan favorite multiplayer battleground from “Halo: Combat Evolved,” Damnation is impressively brought back to life with amazing detail. As the primary satellite of the Unggoy home world, Buwan provides the perfect environment for this massive Covenant hydro-facility used to power and refuel a variety of capital ships. Though still operational via automated subsystems, the station was abandoned shortly after the breaking of the Covenant. Damnation is an asymmetrical, multi-tiered complex, replete with long lines of sight and tightly-crafted choke points. (2 – 8 players)

· BEAVER CREEK – The classic “Halo 2” multiplayer map Beaver Creek returns, tracing its roots back all the way to “Halo: Combat Evolved’s” legendary Battle Creek. The rocky warrens of this part of Halo provide the ideal environment for an array of impressive telemetry clusters. These spires’ synchronization conduits ensure that the ring’s translocation grid is always fully operational. Beaver Creek’s symmetrical bases in a small, creek-fed canyon are excellent for both free-for-all and team-based game types. (2 – 8 players)

Each of the competitive multiplayer maps that ship with “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” will include two variants which let players experience maps in both their classic layout as well as a modified, reimagined version with changes that account for the dynamic gameplay created by “Halo: Reach’s”Armor Abilities. For a sneak peek at the explosive multiplayer action that awaits, fire up Halo Waypoint or visit HaloWaypoint.com to see a new behind-the-scenes feature from 343 showcasing five of the seven beautifully reimagined maps included in “Halo: Anniversary.”

Halo Anniversary Preview - Joystiq

reach.png

Halo Reach Title Update Information (September Release)
The Halo: Reach Title Update will add more options and flexibility to Halo: Reach's Multiplayer. It will roll out in late September and gives 343 designers the following levers to create game variants in Matchmaking playlists. Of course while all of these features can be enabled via Matchmaking playlists, players should remember that 'normal' Reach gameplay can and will continue untouched in its own Matchmaking playlists. The features and elements listed here are tools available to us and will be used and implemented appropriately.

News on the timing of the Title Update release will be revealed at the Halo: Anniversary panel at 10 am on the 26th of August during Halo Fest.

Specifics:

Make damage bleed to health through shields possible.

Make reticle bloom configurable.

Modify Armor Lock.
• Sticky grenade will not be nullified if you use Armor Lock after being stuck.
• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.
• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.

Modify Active Camo.
• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.
• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.

Remove Sword block.
• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than another Sword.

Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE.

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

Halo Anniversary Multiplayer Blowout - Article - IGN
Clearing the Fog in Halo: Anniversary - Article - IGN

h4.png

Halo 4 Warthog in Forza 4's Autovista Mode - Eurogamer

HALO 4 Concept video via panel - Xbox.com

Stills via Halo 4 end video:
Bhww5.jpg

UOHlu.jpg

U6EqA.jpg

eqLg4.jpg

5RGIH.jpg

YkxVI.jpg

AXIEP.jpg

QzinE.jpg

(Thanks to Speedymanic)

uni.png

Changes Coming to Halo Waypoint - Article - IGN

Halo Waypoint Changes: (Summary via Forward Unto Dawn)
ForwardUntoDawn said:
Overall Visual Refresh
The Xbox version of Waypoint will lead a massive visual change that will sweep across Halo Waypoint’s various media versions. A “wonderwall” that displays content front and centre will replace the current layout making accessing content easier than before. Finding content, particularly fiction content, will be smoother and easier.

Gamer Card
This will serve as a visual conssolidation of every player’s Halo identity, displaying your rank, BPM and customisable backgrounds, it will be available in on the new Waypoint Xbox hub, web site and Windows Phone versions.

Statistical Explosion
The Waypoint site will overhaul the available stats available to each player and create parity with the level of stats available on Bungie.net. It will go further and add additional features to surprise players.

Waypoint Forum Omega
The Waypoint forums will see a complete upgrade with new forum software bringing a wealth of new features leaving behind the current bug-riddled beta forums.

Reach Custom Challenges
Thanks to the new stats pipeline, you’ll be able to soon create custom challenges similar to the current daily and weekly challenges. With an online editor, you’ll be able to craft, challenge your friends, track and exchange them among your fellow battle bros. and enjoy challenges like never before.

7kdUf.png

IGN HaloFest Live Stream

phto.png

EOIeGl.jpg

(Via Devin Olsen)

btyiO.jpg

HaloFestLogo.jpg

Devolution - Banners
HaloGaf - Support and Bloom
Devin Olsen - Photos
Ghaleon - HaloFest Treats for Attendees

Frank-O-Conner-is-Leaving-Bungie--1.jpg

blamite

Yay Halo Fest!

I really wish I was in Seattle right now, but at least I get the convenience facer from just watching streams. :p

feel

Fantastic job OP!!! <3

Let's party! Can't wait to get home in a couple hours to experience it all properly, and post some gifs

PS: post the picture with the Halogaffer waiting in line with 15 hours to go

Great OT. Bring it, 343. I believe.

Though, for the love of god, make everything in Halo 4 less blocky. It's like I'm looking at MegaBloks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Letters said:
Fantastic job OP!!! <3

Let's party! Can't wait to get home in a couple hours to experience it all properly, and post some gifs

PS: post the picture with the Halogaffer waiting in line with 15 hours to go

Where is the pic?

wwm0nkey

Man that Forza Warthog video was awesome when they did the Daedalus story, really shows how awesome a vehicle the Warthog is.

blamite

PooBone said:
Since the war's over and all, what's the worry?
Well, not all conflict is over, as we've seen in some of the Evolutions stuff, and the new novels coming, like Glasslands. There could definitely still be a need for military weapons.

BUT! If this is the actual 2554 Warthog that appears in Halo 4, we now have a general timeframe for how long after Halo 3 the game takes place, and we know that there will be some sort of UNSC presence to deliver vehicles and weapons. :eek:

PooBone

blamite said:
Well, not all conflict is over, as we've seen in some of the Evolutions stuff, and the new novels coming, like Glasslands. There could definitely still be a need for military weapons.

BUT! If this is the actual 2554 Warthog that appears in Halo 4, we now have a general timeframe for how long after Halo 3 the game takes place, and we know that there will be some sort of UNSC presence to deliver vehicles and weapons. :eek:
According to Frankie the hog takes water, so for obvious reasons, red tanks =/= explosive hazard.

And it couldn't have been more than a couple years after Halo 3, Cortana's getting kinda old.

wwm0nkey

Phonomezer said:
With Gears of War 3 and Uncharted 3 in 3D, Halo CE in 3D just might tip me over the edge and buy a 3D TV :p
Im getting a new TV later this year so I will probably be going 3D, I mean hell it only cost a little extra so might as well.

blamite

PooBone said:
According to Frankie the hog takes water, so for obvious reasons, red tanks =/= explosive hazard.

And it couldn't have been more than a couple years after Halo 3, Cortana's getting kinda old.
Heh, good point. It still seems weird to have huge red gas tanks on the back of the Hog, whatever's in them, but I guess it's just one of the weird design choices we have to get used to.

I definitely hope Cortana's age plays into the story in some form. That was kind of a missed opportunity in Halo 3, having 80% of the game filled with crazy, maybe-rampant Cortana yelling things in your ear, only to have her immediately return to normal.

It just struck me that Halo 3 will be 5 years old by the time 4 is released. It definitely doesn't feel like it's been that long.

ElRenoRaven

Not enough bloom in the thread. 1/10.

j/k good job. Don't know that I'm liking that Warthog design for Forza though. If that's what it really is going to look like in Halo 4 then I'm worried that other stuff may look awful like that too.

PooBone

blamite said:
Heh, good point. It still seems weird to have huge red gas tanks on the back of the Hog, whatever's in them, but I guess it's just one of the weird design choices we have to get used to.

I definitely hope Cortana's age plays into the story in some form. That was kind of a missed opportunity in Halo 3, having 80% of the game filled with crazy, maybe-rampant Cortana yelling things in your ear, only to have her immediately return to normal.

It just struck me that Halo 3 will be 5 years old by the time 4 is released. It definitely doesn't feel like it's been that long.
I know right, I thought Cortana would flicker out sooner rather than later because of all the data she downloaded from the Icontrol room console on 04. The way she was described in Karen Traviss' short story in Evolutions was fuckin awesome. But alas.

I bet some of that comes around in the new trilogy though. And it's hard to believe it's been 4 years already since we last saw the Masterchief.

PooBone

The Real Napsta said:
I can't wait for some title update and CEA news!
Prolly won't get all the TU details til Sunday. Hope I'm wrong. That's when the CEA Multiplayer panel is.

Top Bottom