• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

I think Nicki is hot, don't really care for her music.

But...

She is the last of a dying breed.
can actually sing

tumblr_m3iyfsumxv1r6ah6io1_500.gif

You will fit well here.

Icicle

goddess of the highest order.
I've got no beef with either of your goddesses. When Xtina went Dirrty, she became a lesser fave of my own, actually. I hope she manages to turn things around for herself. Both have got such amazing vocals, but I didn't ever fully connect with Christina, and didn't even try to with Mariah, although I did and still do enjoy a number of her songs.

sexiest body

nicki_15.gif

DKpyf.gif

This right here is where your GAF-Pop career got derailed. It's OFFICIAL:

GNH1K.gif

I'm not bothered that you are willing to name goddess for specific attributes as opposed the overall package an artists presents. I have a number of these myself for incredibly specific qualities, but I do not go about putting them in my Top Tier nor hail them as goddesses.

But I think the most offensive thing about the situation is that your sincere choice for the "sexiest body" within the music world is none other than Nicki Minaj? She called herself the"Harajuku Barbie" for a long time because she's nearly made up entirely of plastic too.

Here are some very telling Before and After shots of her surgeries, but stay tuned because I'm sure there will be plenty more ahead. Nicki had always adamantly denied rumors of getting work done and being totally real, but in an interview just this past week, she was avoiding very pointed questions about the subject.
FhMSv.jpg

She's gotten so much attention for the size of her ass, it blows my mind. I don't see how more people aren't calling her out on her bullshit when it looks like it does here. It's so ridiculously proportioned, it makes me laugh every time I look at the picture.
WaE82.jpg

And finally, here's your introduction to a gif that was well-received here a few months back. Only a slight exaggeration of what her face actually looks like, really...
k8K72.gif

Lil' Kim enjoying the all the shade on this hot day
RkC2T.gif

Aren't most of these new chicks singing with less skill than, say...

tumblr_m2h9a4GCEa1r4xwq9o1_500.gif
Please clarify your statement for me. It sounds an awful lot like you're stepping to JoJo, but perhaps I'm imaging this in my head. If you are coming at her, and for her singing ability at that, this shit is about to get
Nicki Minaj
ugly.

3i68I.gif

Icicle

There are several grounds on which to criticize Ms. Minaj.

Physical attractiveness is not one of them.

A check of your post history to learn of your allegiances showed me that you are nowhere near credible enough to attempt challenging my opinions, or my authority for that matter.

One thing you (all) must understand...
OsNfA.gif

So please don't react negatively to our disagreements, I'm really just looking out for you guys because I care. The next time I rip the weave right out of your hair, a "Thank you" would be appreciated for once. There is nothing malicious about one wishing to show others the way to enlightenment.

uR9Aq.gif

As long as the wrong favorites are being championed in here, I will continue descending upon this thread to rip out the offender's weave.

If that was an attempt to shade Robyn, it was certainly a bizarre way to go about it.

*sigh

But if you want to drag, I can drag. Just let me get my gloves.

2ag5q.gif

Nemesis_

They are both TRASH
one is a baseless h* the other one is a certified flop

VuORD.gif

Did we forget our meds again dear?
8wNVm.gif

There are many things you could possibly call Robyn that I would consider to be valid and credible arguments or shades.

But trash?

LgAfH.gif

No Marius my dear. She is anything but. And while you call her a flop, she really isn't. Sure she doesn't reach the levels of sales that the "bigger" stars do. But at least she's got artistic credibility that's ALL HERS and ONLY HERS.

tumblr_lqwi2yw0Ip1qlrey0o1_500.gif

Your shades are flops, Marius. Not Robyn.

wQdH7.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
No Marius my dear. She is anything but. And while you call her a flop, she really isn't. Sure she doesn't reach the levels of sales that the "bigger" stars do. But at least she's got artistic credibility that's ALL HERS and ONLY HERS.

not this hipster talk, the flop is from the lowest denominator of pop music, just because she isn't as a big doesn't mean she has artistic credibility, it means her music is TRASH and unwanted

a flop
ibl5PfB3dq2uYZ.jpg

Nemesis_

not this hipster talk, the flop is from the lowest denominator of pop music, just because she isn't as a big doesn't mean she has artistic credibility, it means her music is TRASH and unwanted

a flop
ibl5PfB3dq2uYZ.jpg

6M8am.gif

Define trash for me then. Properly. I'm waiting

iNlDk.gif

I'm anything but a hipster. We're in the fucking POP GAF thread.

wGSJs.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
fail shade, especially when Onika holds more success and hits on her fingers than Whobyn

enough of this dumpster talk, someone call me when the TRASH is taken out
ivLJSEPOZzlRc.gif

Icicle

What an embarassment you've become in such a short amount of time.

NQCnk.gif

FjaF0.gif

Oh Lord, the irony. Of all the gifs you could have used with your 'diss', you chose Lana Del Fucking Ray. Her career became an abject embarrassment the moment it went "mainstream." She is all but forgotten as a musician today, but as a twirling bitch that shows up up in other gifs, she's done alright.

zQ2UI.gif

What an embarassment you've become in such a short amount of time.

Believe me, I'm shaken to my very core that a complete stranger, apparently having read and remembered enough of my posts to make such a determination, thinks my recent posts have sharply declined in quality such that he now considers me an 'embarassment.'

I'm not even sure how to approach that, so I'll let my friend Kathy end it right here.
z1oMK.gif

You can continue being 'embarassed' by me. I'm not too concerned with the opinion a total nobody has of me, formed solely through following my many posts here reaching several months in the past, assuming that you aren't just taking out of your ass.

You should know, however, I will do my best to step my game up. I thought I would look at some other posts for guidance, but realized that I should read your posts in particular since your posts would be flawless each time. I learned very quickly that nothing could be further from the truth. On top of your high horse, you acted condescendingly toward me because you found my newer posts 'embarassing,' which you notably failed to spell wrong. How 'embarassing!'

hoFKY.gif

Without further ado, here are two posts of yours from the past couple days:

Sai-kun said:
I'm pretty sure that would make me a Calvin Harris-stan, not a Rihanna-stan. So...

Yes, that gif was your entire response. Nobody knows what that thing is nor did anybody care to ask, so I hope it made you laugh.

That was apparently worthy of its own thread too. This one wasn't even in response to anything in particular. After going just 3 days back in this thread, I decided it was too much for me.

Like I said, I could not care less about what you think of my posts. But considering the fact you thought I'd be affected by your negative opinion of me, that your posts are much worse than you realize, and that you missed the memo about the post I made which triggered your comment being a joke, I don't see how you can keep up in this place.

sbr0u.gif

I also thought I spotted certain gifs appearing frequently within a short span of time. So I did a bit of checking and saw that you have reused every single one of these gifs within the past 3 pages alone. It ain't cute and just reeks of laziness when you regurgitate things that offers nothing new to the thread.
uHiwr.gif

----------------

s7UFH.gif

LgAfH.gif

EUWkj.gif

dSNJb.gif

----------------

wkaws.gif

After investing a great deal of time and energy producing a masterful post, I click "Submit Reply" and change into my slut uniform.
hAHeE.gif

OWWNED

botty

Banned
so much versatility

tumblr_m0pd3cgoIG1qzljpeo2_250.gif

tumblr_m0pgyajtmV1qzljpeo1_250.gif

tumblr_m0qyzkHL6N1qzljpeo2_r1_250.gif

it's a shame that people think she is extinct, when she has clearly transcended above the game.

tumblr_lyxfyeD0mr1qjt59eo1_250.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
o_O

This thread has clearly jumped the shark. I'm not sure what to make of the last page. I wonder what Rihanna would do in this situation.

Mumei

...as for Jojo, she is the measuring stick for the other girls. But the only way to contrast xtina is pulling the whitney card.

isanVNEKjj9N2.gif

And putting aside singers whose vocal heydays were between 1985 - 1991 and 1990 - 1996 - though Mariah is still better than Christina today - she's not even the best of her own generation.

Nemesis_

Oh Lord, the irony. Of all the gifs you could have used with your 'diss', you chose Lana Del Fucking Ray. Her career became an abject embarrassment the moment it went "mainstream." She is all but forgotten as a musician today, but as a twirling bitch that shows up up in other gifs, she's done alright.

Blowing up the charts in Australia and Europe sis. Perhaps do your research a little bit better that you seem to covet oh so much.

ibk0zddgx3F6cf.gif

Believe me, I'm shaken to my very core that a complete stranger, apparently having read and remembered enough of my posts to make such a determination, thinks my recent posts have sharply declined in quality such that he now considers me an 'embarassment.'

I'm also shaken that someone has made the effort to actually search up my post history rather than just make assumptions made by just following this thread properly. It's just humbling

Esb7E.gif

You can continue being 'embarassed' by me. I'm not too concerned with the opinion a total nobody has of me, formed solely through following my many posts here reaching several months in the past, assuming that you aren't just taking out of your ass.

Once again, not really here to waste time Detective-GAFfing delving through other posts, so I have not gone months back. I think you're getting your shades confused sis.

qyOEr.gif

which you notably failed to spell wrong.

'''several months in the past, assuming that you aren't just taking out of your ass.

USNrG.gif

Yes, that gif was your entire response. Nobody knows what that thing is nor did anybody care to ask, so I hope it made you laugh.

Some do. Perhaps if you paid a little bit more attention you would understand the relevance. Our friendships in this thread extend beyond.

xTFKg.gif

Like I said, I could not care less about what you think of my posts. But considering the fact you thought I'd be affected by your negative opinion of me, that your posts are much worse than you realize, and that you missed the memo about the post I made which triggered your comment being a joke, I don't see how you can keep up in this place.

For someone who doesn't care you've really written quite a bit about me and researched my post history.

iiHWkRmI53Iy5.gif

I also thought I spotted certain gifs appearing frequently within a short span of time. So I did a bit of checking and saw that you have reused every single one of these gifs within the past 3 pages alone. It ain't cute and just reeks of laziness when you regurgitate things that offers nothing new to the thread.

I'm a bit stripped for time, juggling all my responsibilities both online and off, but perhaps if you're the first one to complain about my "repetitive" and "lazy" GIF use then I think I'm doing just fine considering my tenure here.

Gt2uK.gif

newj5x93.gif

7rWNm.gif

We're done here.

I wasn't using Xtina, Flopbyn shouldn't even be compared to that type of powerhouse

iw3UPNWP9je3g.gif

Let's put our differences aside either way and agree to disagree. Your GIF has cheered me up.

WatWs.gif

botty

Banned
isanVNEKjj9N2.gif

And putting aside singers whose vocal heydays were between 1985 - 1991 and 1990 - 1996 - though Mariah is still better than Christina today - she's not even the best of her own generation.

I'll just say that this is as good as it gets:

tumblr_lo2ccezs0w1qco6swo1_500.gif

While Xtina beats out the rest in raw talent.

tumblr_m0vc5fC0YY1qcxeix.gif

I'll just say that this is as good as it gets:

tumblr_lo2ccezs0w1qco6swo1_500.gif
I'm actually sort of trending toward Whitney lately.

Mariah/Whitney are like an embarrassment of flawless riches. So all this Madinosaur/Janice/Rihfund/Garbaj action on these last few pages...so much wasted tea spilled at the feet of legends whose EVERYTHING your faves could simply...never.

B87H7.jpg

#glassheart2012worlddomination

Mumei

I'm actually sort of trending toward Whitney lately.

I go back and forth, and right now I am also trending Whitney. I think her basic instrument is better in terms of its inherent size and tonal quality. I do think Mariah is slightly better technically in terms of what she can do and is more variable (in terms of both genre and vocal colors), and holistically they're really about the same for me.

But sometimes I'm really in the mood for what Whitney has that Mariah doesn't do as well. For the last few months I've been leaning Mariah, but recently I've been leaning Whitney again.

Mariah/Whitney are like an embarrassment of flawless riches. So all this Madinosaur/Janice/Rihfund/Garbaj action on these last few pages...so much wasted tea spilled at the feet of legends whose EVERYTHING your faves could simply...never.

Surveying the lessers:

ibzltOVM4Ym1al.gif

Edit: Hah. Didn't see he was going to use the same gif <3

royalan

Wow, I leave GAF for a day and come back to another Xtina stan!

Between Botty, myself, Kyon, Vect (I think), and Xtina Stan High Priestess Cynosure, we've got us a little Xtina posse growin' all up in herre...

IzUUS.gif

botty

Banned
Wow, I leave GAF for a day and come back to another Xtina stan!

Between Botty, myself, Kyon, Vect (I think), and Xtina Stan High Priestess Cynosure, we've got us a little Xtina posse growin' all up in herre...

IzUUS.gif

there can never be enough...

tumblr_lzazgm5DUV1qgr50do1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom