• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

CRD90
Member
(04-10-2012, 01:15 AM)
CRD90's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

Here are the Kweens of the UK The Saturdays, everyone loves to hate on them mostly because they are the Kmart version of Girls Aloud(or the human B-Side of Girls Aloud more like it) but idc idc (plus they cant dance much, but they do sing great live except Frankie who should just not open her mouth and look pretty)

Apart from that song with Travie someone, On Your Radar was perfect. PERFECT. I was disappointed they didn't release more singles from it, but I suppose it was probably because one of them was pushing out a baby.
Kyon
Banned
(04-10-2012, 01:17 AM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by CRD90

Apart from that song with Travie someone, On Your Radar was perfect. PERFECT. I was disappointed they didn't release more singles from it, but I suppose it was probably because one of them was pushing out a baby.

Una :) diva divine. I so agree!
The God of Nonexistence
Member
(04-10-2012, 01:18 AM)
The God of Nonexistence's Avatar

Originally Posted by CRD90

I was disappointed they didn't release more singles from it, but I suppose it was probably because one of them was pushing out a baby.

Should've just gotten a surrogate like Beyonce.

But I do agree that White Lies should've been a single
Last edited by The God of Nonexistence; 04-10-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Kyon
Banned
(04-10-2012, 01:26 AM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by The God of Nonexistence

Should've just gotten a surrogate like Beyonce

She got preggerz by accident with her bf. She admitted it in an interview lol she still went on tour with tue girls and did other live events with them lmfao

EDIT: Should have been a single instead of 30 Days but both are flaw free so who am I to complain lmfao
Last edited by Kyon; 04-10-2012 at 01:28 AM.
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 01:37 AM)
krypt0nian's Avatar
OMGOMGOMG Tamyra Gray is in one of the Kelly Clarkson cover vids! I'm floating!

Kelly Clarkson and Tamyra Gray in Atlanta sing Whitney Houston's "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-n2BTcf2ps
godelsmetric
Banned
(04-10-2012, 01:39 AM)
did we talk about the fact that robyn and snoop dogg might be collaborating together again?

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/ro...r-a-new-video/

it might be u should know better but it would be TWO YEARS LATE

also, girl is playing snoop, boy is playing robyn
Crumpet Trumpet
Trumpet Strumpet
(04-10-2012, 01:40 AM)
Crumpet Trumpet's Avatar

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

OMGOMGOMG Tamyra Gray is in one of the Kelly Clarkson cover vids! I'm floating!

Kelly Clarkson and Tamyra Gray in Atlanta sing Whitney Houston's "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-n2BTcf2ps

There's also this one! Whitney & Mariah's "When You Believe".
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 01:45 AM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crumpet Trumpet

There's also this one! Whitney & Mariah's "When You Believe".

*faints*

Kelly Clarkson - Till The World Ends - Stronger Tour 2012 Nokia Theatre LA Live 4/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeX69xbON38
Last edited by krypt0nian; 04-10-2012 at 01:54 AM.
SecretMoblin
Member
(04-10-2012, 01:49 AM)
SecretMoblin's Avatar

Originally Posted by godelsmetric

did we talk about the fact that robyn and snoop dogg might be collaborating together again?

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/ro...r-a-new-video/

it might be u should know better but it would be TWO YEARS LATE

also, girl is playing snoop, boy is playing robyn

I would hope it's a new song, but still! Great news!

We know what Robyn can come up with when she has creative control.
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 02:00 AM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

*faints*

Kelly Clarkson - Till The World Ends - Stronger Tour 2012 Nokia Theatre LA Live 4/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeX69xbON38

Haha.

It's like you're catching up on the last few months of Crumpet's regular Kelly fan request performance updates.
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 02:07 AM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mumei

Haha.

It's like you're catching up on the last few months of Crumpet's regular Kelly fan request performance updates.

It was the post he just made with ALL of them. =)
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 02:09 AM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

It was the post he just made with ALL of them. =)

Oh, I know. Saw and (slightly) shaded already. ;)
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 02:10 AM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mumei

Oh, I know. Saw and (slightly) shaded already. ;)

Some were bad but some were wow. All in all fun considering the lack of practice for them.

I love the idea of celebrating 10 years since Idol with more audience participation. I also love that Kelly doesn't give a shit.
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 02:16 AM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

Some were bad but some were wow. All in all fun considering the lack of practice for them.

I love the idea of celebrating 10 years since Idol with more audience participation. I also love that Kelly doesn't give a shit.

Which ones were bad? I've only seen a couple and I liked everything I saw.
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 02:17 AM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mumei

Which ones were bad? I've only seen a couple and I liked everything I saw.

I'd have to go back. I skipped the ones that didn't work right off.
Cosmic Bus
pristine morning snow
(04-10-2012, 02:06 PM)
Cosmic Bus's Avatar
I feel like most of pop-GAF could get something out of this NY Times article about Judy Garland, her gays, and the shifting concepts of singer-as-celebrity.
SecretMoblin
Member
(04-10-2012, 02:34 PM)
SecretMoblin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus

I feel like most of pop-GAF could get something out of this NY Times article about Judy Garland, her gays, and the shifting concepts of singer-as-celebrity.

I really didn't like the article, for several reasons. He turns "Brodie" into an ignorant patsy, berating and mocking him for not understanding Garland's connection with gay culture in the 1940s. I mean, what is this?

I asked, “Did your mother ever listen to Judy albums around the house?”

“She liked ’80s hair bands. Poison, Aerosmith, Journey. But I bet my great-grandmother listened to her.”

I asked, “Is this a dagger I see before me?”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

That kind of asinine cattiness is something that belongs in discussions about pop music on a video game message board, not the New York Times. He continues to publicly browbeat him for listening to Joni Mitchell (?) and for confidently asserting that "gay can be anything". He also brings up the frustrating, belittling garbage about Garland's funeral somehow inspiring the Stonewall Riots.

I think the "Friend of Dorothy' phenomenon is an interesting one - and one with an obvious modern nexus - but the article came off as glib. Still want to see the musical, though.
Dr. Malik
FlatAss_
(04-10-2012, 03:17 PM)
Dr. Malik's Avatar
From the Sony losses thread

A key concept in Hirai's strategy hinges on merging Sony's robust roster of entertainment properties - including singers Kelly Clarkson and Michael Jackson, and the "Spider-Man" and "Men in Black" film franchises - with its Vaio, Bravia and other electronics brands, in an effort to boost sale

Crumpet going Sony exclusive confirmed
Crumpet Trumpet
Trumpet Strumpet
(04-10-2012, 05:04 PM)
Crumpet Trumpet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Marius_

From the Sony losses thread



Crumpet going Sony exclusive confirmed

Not to shade my own fave or anything but Sony must be in dire straits if they mention Kelly Clarkson as part of one of their company saving initiatives
Last edited by Crumpet Trumpet; 04-10-2012 at 05:06 PM.
royalan
Lotus Member
(04-10-2012, 05:12 PM)
royalan's Avatar
Oh, Crumpet...*hugs*
CRD90
Member
(04-10-2012, 05:14 PM)
CRD90's Avatar
That's bringing back memories of Kelly at CES. That was awkward to say the least.
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 05:15 PM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus

I feel like most of pop-GAF could get something out of this NY Times article about Judy Garland, her gays, and the shifting concepts of singer-as-celebrity.

My favorite "Friend of Dorothy" anecdote comes from Randy Shilts' Conduct Unbecoming, a book about gays in the U.S. military:

"In the early 1980s, the Naval Investigative Service was investigating homosexuality in the Chicago area. Agents discovered that gay men sometimes referred to themselves as "friends of Dorothy." Unaware of the historical meaning of the term, the NIS believed that a woman named Dorothy was at the center of a massive ring of homosexual military personnel. The NIS launched an enormous hunt for Dorothy, hoping to find her and convince her to reveal the names of gay servicemembers."
Dr. Malik
FlatAss_
(04-10-2012, 05:20 PM)
Dr. Malik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crumpet Trumpet

Not to shade my own fave or anything but Sony must be in dire straits if they mention Kelly Clarkson as part of one of their company saving initiatives

Well who else can they use, Botney will be seen as another tech gadget, they lost Shakira to the chiva's label

and BeYAWNce will put everyone to sleep
Last edited by Dr. Malik; 04-10-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Kyon
Banned
(04-10-2012, 05:32 PM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Marius_

Well who else can they use, Botney will be seen as another tech gadget, they lost Shakira to the chiva's label

and BeYAWNce will put everyone to sleep

And if Gagita were signed to Sony she would be seen as another gimmick ;)

RCA is a standalone label now so P!nk and Brit aren't Sony. I think its under Sony but not a direct label anymore
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 05:37 PM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by SecretMoblin

I really didn't like the article, for several reasons. He turns "Brodie" into an ignorant patsy, berating and mocking him for not understanding Garland's connection with gay culture in the 1940s. I mean, what is this?

I was sort of amused by the accidental shade: "Yeah, I think OLD PEOPLE like Judy Garland."
royalan
Lotus Member
(04-10-2012, 05:42 PM)
royalan's Avatar
Ok, you guys are threatening to activate my Stan-o-meter with all this talk of Judy "HBIC" Garland.


Judy at Carnegie Hall? Done...
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 05:49 PM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by royalan

Ok, you guys are threatening to activate my Stan-o-meter with all this talk of Judy "HBIC" Garland.


Judy at Carnegie Hall? Done...

Oh, this topic.
Crumpet Trumpet
Trumpet Strumpet
(04-10-2012, 05:56 PM)
Crumpet Trumpet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mumei

Oh, this topic.

Still thread of the year. ♥
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 06:53 PM)
Mumei's Avatar
It is certainly in the running for me.

And Lord, is this a slaughter.
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 07:16 PM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mumei

It is certainly in the running for me.

And Lord, is this a slaughter.

Never a question, and from my pov Brown should have dropped out 4 clips ago with his mostly auto tune "high notes"
Kyon
Banned
(04-10-2012, 07:39 PM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

Never a question, and from my pov Brown should have dropped out 4 clips ago with his mostly auto tune "high notes"

Um no.

EDIT: JB AND CB<333333333333333333333
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 08:03 PM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

Um no.

EDIT: JB AND CB<333333333333333333333

For some reason, this doesn't surprise me at all.
Kyon
Banned
(04-10-2012, 08:07 PM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mumei

For some reason, this doesn't surprise me at all.

what's that supposed to mean? :<
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-10-2012, 08:14 PM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

what's that supposed to mean? :<

♥ (thanks Crumpet!)

It means I'm not surprised that someone on Pop-GAF prefers the singers that cannot sing / rely heavily on auto-tune over the singers who can actually hit the notes.

And that amuses me.
SecretMoblin
Member
(04-10-2012, 08:33 PM)
SecretMoblin's Avatar
Aw c'mon, Mumei, leave Chris Brown alone. He never hurt anyon...

Nevermind.

Carry on ~~
Kyon
Banned
(04-10-2012, 08:45 PM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mumei

♥ (thanks Crumpet!)

It means I'm not surprised that someone on Pop-GAF prefers the singers that cannot sing / rely heavily on auto-tune over the singers who can actually hit the notes.

And that amuses me.

I like Glambert :) he won the video for me no doubt. Ive been a Chris Brown stan since forever and i never really came to him because i thought he could sang its because he is an excellent entertainer and can out dance anyone in the game rn and Ciara comes close too. Same with Britney. If you wanna be a fan of the best singers thats cool tho :) The only people that i like for their singing is Brandy, Mariah and Leona. Those 3 dont dance or are entertainers they are just singers and that fine by me. I like a little of every pop tart flavor :D

EDIT: Plus sis you shouldnt expect much in the singing department its Pop music lol we have the few who can sing flawlessly and are relevant
Last edited by Kyon; 04-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 09:24 PM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

Um no.

EDIT: JB AND CB<333333333333333333333


Originally Posted by Kyon

I like Glambert :) he won the video for me no doubt. Ive been a Chris Brown stan since forever and i never really came to him because i thought he could sang its because he is an excellent entertainer and can out dance anyone in the game rn and Ciara comes close too. Same with Britney. If you wanna be a fan of the best singers thats cool tho :) The only people that i like for their singing is Brandy, Mariah and Leona. Those 3 dont dance or are entertainers they are just singers and that fine by me. I like a little of every pop tart flavor :D

EDIT: Plus sis you shouldnt expect much in the singing department its Pop music lol we have the few who can sing flawlessly and are relevant

But we were speaking only of singing ability, and my comment stands. I totally agree with loving entertainer (I worship Brit), but Brown is barely a singer when you're talking sheer ability.

In other words, stan who you like, but never pretend they can sing. :)
Kyon
Banned
(04-10-2012, 09:32 PM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

But we were speaking only of singing ability, and my comment stands. I totally agree with loving entertainer (I worship Brit), but Brown is barely a singer when you're talking sheer ability.

In other words, stan who you like, but never pretend they can sing. :)

He CAN sing. Just because he isn't Mariah don't mean much. He is a good singer.
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 09:37 PM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

He CAN sing. Just because he isn't Mariah don't mean much. He is a good singer.

In the case of the video, he was not hitting the last 4 or so notes, which was my point.

To which you said um no, which just isn't true. I won't even go after Biebs as its like hitting a dead horse. ;)
Kyon
Banned
(04-10-2012, 10:00 PM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

In the case of the video, he was not hitting the last 4 or so notes, which was my point.

To which you said um no, which just isn't true. I won't even go after Biebs as its like hitting a dead horse. ;)

I was talking about you saying he can't hit high notes without auto tune which isn't true
krypt0nian
Honourary member of the SISTERHOOD
(04-10-2012, 10:07 PM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

I was talking about you saying he can't hit high notes without auto tune which isn't true

Going to have to agree to disagree then.

EDIT: this thread gets way too catty. *HUGS* man. Everyone should love who they enjoy.
Last edited by krypt0nian; 04-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Dr. Malik
FlatAss_
(04-10-2012, 10:24 PM)
Dr. Malik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

And if Gagita were signed to Sony she would be seen as another gimmick ;)

Gaga is to Britney what an iPod is to a Walkman

Crumpet Trumpet
Trumpet Strumpet
(04-10-2012, 11:02 PM)
Crumpet Trumpet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Marius_

Gaga is to Britney what an iPod is to a Walkman

Does that make Akon Steve Jobs
Mau ®
Member
(04-10-2012, 11:14 PM)
Mau ®'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Marius_

Gaga is to Britney what an iPod is to a Walkman

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iw3S5blx7MKqd.gif[IMG]

So both are two of the most successful electronic products of all time?
Dr. Malik
FlatAss_
(04-10-2012, 11:49 PM)
Dr. Malik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crumpet Trumpet

Does that make Akon Steve Jobs

Originally Posted by inthezone

So both are two of the most successful electronic products of all time?

sure



but to move on to more important matters

ANIMALS!!! Miss you guys so much!!
I know you're getting anxious for new music. But don't fret cuz its on its way. I'm in the studio all day and all night...24/7 literally. Just to make sure you guys get the most badass album ever. I PROMISE this shit will be worth the wait. We are making some sick, dirty, sexy, sweaty, four on the floor COCK POP just for you. You WILL NOT be disappointed. It's. Gonna. Be. Epic.
And yes I will have some hot 2012 summer jams for you...
Has your Dance Commander ever lied to you?
I LOVE YOU ALL and can't wait for you to hear the new stuff – you're gonna shit your pants...in the sexiest way...

she is coming, your faves better keep it cute this summer because they will be getting cockpopblocked

Mau ®
Member
(04-11-2012, 12:07 AM)
Mau ®'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Marius_

but to move on to more important matters

So... where are these important matters you speak of?
Mumei
'Wait and Hope'
(04-11-2012, 12:10 AM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

EDIT: Plus sis you shouldnt expect much in the singing department its Pop music lol we have the few who can sing flawlessly and are relevant

This is why I stan for those who are dead or irrelevant*!

*Mariah could have another good album, but she hasn't had a *big one* since 2005, so I am not looking for it.

And anyway, I was understanding your comment the same way that krypt took it; that you disagreed about the autotune thing and that you were saying that he was the best in that video.

Which is obviously silly talk. :|
Dr. Malik
FlatAss_
(04-11-2012, 12:19 AM)
Dr. Malik's Avatar

Originally Posted by inthezone

So... where are these important matters you speak of?

pressed

lets not deny how she will blow up the charts with Dr. Luke at her side, the radio misses Ke$ha

I need her to do another The Harold Song tho
Delio
Member
(04-11-2012, 12:30 AM)
Delio's Avatar
God this entire post. http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...66.html#cutid2

Some good pics from that though...

Dr. Malik
FlatAss_
(04-11-2012, 12:34 AM)
Dr. Malik's Avatar
oh my god... first Zac Effron's ass and now this, what is life?


Thread Tools