• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Just a question: Can you get a game without paying anything if you have enough credit in your account? I'm thinking about buying Super Meat Boy, and with the 5€ from the referral (I've never bought anything there) I might get Isaac if they begin to sell it or just another cheap game.

Ledsen

Fare Godmace said:
Just a question: Can you get a game without paying anything if you have enough credit in your account? I'm thinking about buying Super Meat Boy, and with the 5€ from the referral (I've never bought anything there) I might get Isaac if they begin to sell it or just another cheap game.

Yes. You can also trade your games back to them for more credit (not Steamwork games though).

Sober

Derrick01 said:
What am I supposed to do with this when they still don't have Zenimax games and EA games up?
Doesn't matter, they turned off the 15% preorder for today so you can't stack it normally like you would with a 20% code on a preorder to get a 50$ game down to around 34$.

Where do you check pre-orders? All I see is what's on the front page.

Football Manager 2012
Might and Magic: Heroes VI
Renegade Ops
Stronghold 3

That can't be all.

Flunkie

Banned
Sober said:
Doesn't matter, they turned off the 15% preorder for today so you can't stack it normally like you would with a 20% code on a preorder to get a 50$ game down to around 34$.
Yep. This isn't as good of a deal as it sounds.

Hm, seems like you can only use the code once. I used it on Football Manager 2012 and when I went back to buy Rise of the Shogun it kept saying the voucher code was invalid. :(

And away went all my precious credits, aww. Looks so empty now.

Marsipolami said:
Hm, seems like you can only use the code once. I used it on Football Manager 2012 and when I went back to buy Rise of the Shogun it kept saying the voucher code was invalid. :(

And away went all my precious credits, aww. Looks so empty now.

Re-Enter the coupon code and it will take on the 2nd game.

Thinking about buying Deus Ex and Dead Island, such a big backlog though, don't know if I can pull the trigger.

Some of the standout deals using the 25% off code.

Rounded up:

Steam - Dead Island - $32 USD
Steam - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $38 USD
Steam - Duke Nukem Forever - $15 USD ;)
Assassins Creed Revelations - $38 USD
Driver San Francisco - $38 USD
Batman: Arkham City - $38 USD

Plus with the $5 credit added to your account for a referral (PM me lol), you can't get much better than that.

Was the BIG announcement just the 25% off code for today, or are we expecting another company to be added to their portfolio?

wilflare

Our SUMME-RBLOW-OUT25 voucher is being extended through the weekend! Lots of time to buy some games! :D /James

https://twitter.com/#!/GreenManGaming/status/119697670553079808

good news for some :D

WaywardGMG

Neo Member
Hey guys - apologise for my absence here, we've gone through a lot of changes since the Dead Island mess :)

To answer some questions:

Refunds

Our refund policy is found at the bottom of the site. There are 'special situations' which may be why some people find it easier to get a refund than others. Not working for customer services I can't be much more detailed than that I'm afraid.

Ubisoft in America

We're in talks with Ubi. We should have their games available in America sometime in October - until then you may see a 404.

EA

EA games are coming - we just have to test our delivery system for them a little more. The first ten should be online in a week or so, I think we've got around 50 more to go up after that.

Blowout Sale

Someone turned the voucher off early - oops! We're extending it over the whole weekend to give America a chance to grab the sales.

We don't have the 15% to 35% stack on discounts this time - these were one time sales with incredibly intense discounts that we can't run all the time. Maybe we'll get a 35% discount back at some point in the future, until then I think 25% on the entire catalogue is a fairly good deal ;)

confused

Banned
Anybody want to list the games that can be bought for less than $20 USD ? Only Steam redeemables, please.

Have $20 bucks in my paypal and wouldn't mind getting a good game and If I buy it in euro's the 25% would only cover the regional difference.

Anilusion

Green Man Gaming: BF3 won't be up in time for the voucher, plenty of other games to go for though :D As far as future deals when the game comes out, I couldn't possibly say :p /James

wilflare

confused said:
Anybody want to list the games that can be bought for less than $20 USD ? Only Steam redeemables, please.

Have $20 bucks in my paypal and wouldn't mind getting a good game and If I buy it in euro's the 25% would only cover the regional difference.

Renegade Ops
Clash of Heroes

(off my head for now)

Benedict

Sober said:

The 15% discount on Civ V DLC is stackable with 25% code.
Makes it for example $3.18 for a DLC.

Does anyone know what's the difference between the 2 Game of Thrones games on GMG?

A Game of Thrones - Genesis Get this game for $24.85 Trade-in
$49.95

A Game of Thrones - Genesis (International) Get this game for $14.85 Trade-in
$39.95

Card Boy

Banned
The $49.95 one has a 404 error for me and the International one doesn't.

I assume the $49.95 is for a different region

Card Boy

Banned
Also this happened. Nerfed referrals.

This is a little news post to let everyone know that the credit provided to users for referrals is being reduced from £5 to £2. I’m sure some people will be upset by this but hopefully you will understand the reasons behind it.

We offered the generous £5 referral scheme when we started as a means to generate a good feeling towards the site and reward our customers who helped us to build up our fanbase. This has been an enormously successful endeavour, and we’d like to thank everyone who has helped us with this.

Here at Green Man Gaming we like to think we’re a very unique company that connects with our customers in a more meaningful way, and whilst we’re reducing the reward provided we’re still keeping it in place. And there’s nothing to worry about with the review rewards! They’ll still be there too at the same reward levels as ever!

We’ll also always have our awesome deals going on – and with the EA catalogue available I hope you’re all pumped up for what’s coming!

- James

Community Manager

According to the GMG forums James is now community Manager and Rob is in charge of getting the games on GMG. So i think James will be posting through Robs Gaf account.

Is $13 a good deal for Crysis? I know I could get it (much) cheaper on a CD Key site, but I don't know if I can trust those things or not... :/

Vyrance

MadraptorMan said:
Is $13 a good deal for Crysis? I know I could get it (much) cheaper on a CD Key site, but I don't know if I can trust those things or not... :/

It was just $7.50 on Steam a couple of days ago. You can usually find it for $7.50 every few weeks, so I'd say wait for that price unless you absolutely need something to play.

Derrick01

Banned
I tried to use that code for BF3 and it wouldn't work.

Not that I was going to buy it anyway I just wanted to see how low I could go since I have credit as well. I really wish they would put THQ or Bethesda games up, I'd like to go for Skyrim or Saints Row.

Derrick01

Banned
3chopl0x said:
It worked for Crysis 2 when I tested, might just not allow it on pre-orders? No idea.

I guess not. I tried Bulletstorm and it worked, knocked about $2 off since it was only $15.

With my credit I can get it for $8, that's awfully damn tempting but sadly I need every dollar for the November avalanche of games.

edit: Well hang on a second, the code worked for Arkham City too. I guess it just doesn't work with BF3. I can get Arkham City for $31...ugh why can't it be steamworks? :(

WaywardGMG

Neo Member
Hey all - Rob here (James made his own account which is pending validation)

The voucher will work for most games on site, but not games we're already discounting heavily. So, no, it won't work for Battlefield 3.

I was hoping to give some copies away here on NeoGAF but I'm not sure of the rules of doing so. Can I make a thread and run a competition, or is that not allowed?

WaywardGMG said:

The voucher will work for most games on site, but not games we're already discounting heavily. So, no, it won't work for Battlefield 3.

I was hoping to give some copies away here on NeoGAF but I'm not sure of the rules of doing so. Can I make a thread and run a competition, or is that not allowed?

Hey Rob, whats the word on Hard Reset?

Vyrance said:
It was just $7.50 on Steam a couple of days ago. You can usually find it for $7.50 every few weeks, so I'd say wait for that price unless you absolutely need something to play.

Seriously? Damn I missed that...waiting it is! Thanks.

Anilusion

WaywardGMG said:

Afaik competitions are allowed.

Maladict

Neo Member
Hey Rob. Does that mean that there won't be any viable vouchers for BF3 until after it's released, or is it just the current code?

Will BF3 be similar to Steamworks games in that you're only passing out a key which ties it to Origin or will we actually be required to DL the game files from GMG using capsule?

Top Bottom