• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread

Baha

Just a bit of advice for anybody who is planning on or is already doing a giveaway on steamgifts.com : Do NOT add the winner of your giveaway to your friends list. There are already reported cases of scammers impersonating winners (changing profile names, descriptions & avatars to trick the person giving the game away). Stick to sending gifts via email (you'll have this option available to you under "manage your giveaways" by clicking send gift). This'll ensure that the deserving winner gets his prize and scammers can go fuck off.

C_H_T

Baha said:
Just a bit of advice for anybody who is planning on or is already doing a giveaway on steamgifts.com : Do NOT add the winner of your giveaway to your friends list. There are already reported cases of scammers impersonating winners (changing profile names, descriptions & avatars to trick the person giving the game away). Stick to sending gifts via email (you'll have this option available to you under "manage your giveaways" by clicking send gift). This'll ensure that the deserving winner gets his prize and scammers can go fuck off.

Thx for the advice.

Edit: Btw; I'd love an invite.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Invites? I get a BONER for invites. I love me some invites!

Ark

Well I'm gunna go chop down a tree (literally, that thing is a bitch) so if someone could PM me an invite, I'll love you for eternity.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
iNvidious01 said:
everyone watching iadien like a hawk

It will be a while, they made it harder to generate points, which are used to create invite codes.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'd love an invite. I have a few games to raffle off at the moment, so this would be pretty cool.

By PM, if possible...I can't access the steamgifts site at work. :(

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
wilflare said:
the speed of generation is painful :/

It use to be much easier, giveaways don't give anywhere near as many points anymore. the cap of 300 points also sucks.

iNvid02

ok i didnt miss anyone out, 5 dudes who got iadien's earlier invites are off the list now.

if you wanna put yourself down for one, quote me and add your name to the list.

iNvidious01
snoopeasystreet
VGChampion
Kifimbo
Anony
Interfectum
awwyeahgurrl
Gala
Zeliard
KiKaL
Borman
Darklord
Hugoboss21
Datwheezy
JKTrix
Fox1304
Leon Belmont
GodfatherX
Clever Pun
blackMamba1187
Enco - *jumped ship*
Rengoku
mikespit1200
Like2Drive
LiK
echthegreat
pilonv1
GWX
Ark
Pennybags
UnluckyKate
Tonza
DRock
vectorman06
Yottamol
Pulka
balddemon
MikeE21286
MightyKAC
Label
Spanish Wrath
weekendCONFIRMED
C_H_T
Vastag
Andrefpvs
poserdonut
Sunflower
Marrshu
thy_
trh
Spwn
deduce
Great King Bowser
punkypine
The_Squirrel_Menace
Prodigal
TDLink
Juancho9
Freedom = $1.05
Zafir
TheExodu5
Dechaios
krpiper
itxaka
cooljeanius
Ifrit
Sethinon
Cronen
DarkUSS

LQX

Question: So Steam gifts is just you giving way extra copies of your games if you have like left overs from group buys?

Enco

Scrap it. Remove me from the list.

Too much hassle for some free games. The site is closed and you get over 1k entrants for each game. Pretty much no chance of winning anything.

Top Bottom