• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
KnIRB.jpg

The Beta is now live!

d3betab8np.png

Videos:

Demon Hunter goodness: 14 minutes of 1080P HQ slaying:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiCwATxb0a0

13 minutes- Witch Doctor 1080p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SOyz0I5d7w

6 minutes Monk 1080p

traveler

Not Wario
thewalkingdeadzombies.jpg

Posted it in the old thread, but, what the hell, it's appropriate here too.

I expect an invite on my profile by this evening
because I'm assuming it's a mistake that it's not there right now :(
Blizzard.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There is no chance i can get in. The only 2 blizz games i have installed are SCII and i think the trial version for WoW. Yep, i think i'm fucked.

Damn i should buy Diablo 2 and the expansion pack ...

omg there goes my gpa...

PLEASE let me in the beta blizzard! you let me beta test war3x so why not this too? did i mention that i have every single blizzard game on my account, plus diablo, diablo hellfire, warcraft 1, warcraft 2, warcraft 2 beyond the dark portal, and warcraft 2 bne? :(

Salz01

This is the part I hate. 1. Worrying about getting in. 2. Worrying about official release date if I can't get in beta.

Nirolak said:
Why would someone break up the install file like that.

It's Blizzard's new feature they introduced with World of Warcraft - you can start playing once a certain % of files finish downloading i.e. starting areas, etc. Everything else will download in the background while you play at the beginning.

mxgt

Banned
I got into every WoW expansion beta and SC2 beta

If I don't get into this skulls will be cracked

Venfayth

Nirolak said:
Why would someone break up the install file like that.

Yeah it's actually pretty cool. Once you get past the red mark you can actually start playing the game while it background downloads the rest. Load times are insanely long but you actually get a moderately functioning game. Which opposed to the alternative is pretty cool.

Kosma

Banned
Castor Krieg said:
It's Blizzard's new feature they introduced with World of Warcraft - you can start playing once a certain % of files finish downloading i.e. starting areas, etc. Everything else will download in the background while you play at the beginning.

It really does ruin the experience. I would never do that to my virgin game of D3.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Castor Krieg said:
Acullis said:
Yeah it's actually pretty cool. Once you get past the red mark you can actually start playing the game while it background downloads the rest. Load times are insanely long but you actually get a moderately functioning game. Which opposed to the alternative is pretty cool.
Oh I see, it's like the DDO thing.

I thought it was just some kind of triple locking at first. :lol

Thanks.

ultron87

Their streaming downloader thing is an unsung marvel.

Being able to start installing WoW on a computer and not have to wait a million hours for 20+ gigs (that's a random guess at how big WoW is) to download is great.

Venfayth

Quadratic said:
I never got into any Blizzard Beta. I hope I can get into the Diablo 3 one. I'm inbetween games at the moment.

I got into one beta (BC) - which ironically was the one that I didn't buy at launch. I have the CE of vanilla wow, CE of wrath, and CE of cataclysm. Actually I also got into the SC2 beta, but who didn't?

And the only reason I got into the BC beta was because I wrote a kickass guide that won a contest and earned me the key from TenTonHammer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom