• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flib

Having played through the beta with every character now, what amazes me is how freaking fun every class is. Still have no idea what toon to roll first (though leaning WD).

The class I wasn't loving was the monk, but once you start unlocking the runes, all the abilities get way more fun, and suddenly instead of just punching dudes in the face, you're teleporting around shooting lightning and fire from your hands and feet, and it feels really good.

Class I probably like least is Demon Hunter, but maybe that's because I played a hunter all through WoW and don't really feel like playing a kiting class. Also had really bad loot luck on that run and was really underpowered. Even the stuff I crafted ended up being all +3 strength.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Sorry if this is a newb question, but how does dual wielding effect dps? Like which stats are best in your weapons? Is it tied more to attack speed? Sometimes I will equip a powerful weapon in my off hand and it says my dps drops. And then sometimes my dps goes up if I replace my off hand weapon with a shield and just go sword and board. I can't figure it out.

Also, are there certain abilities restricted to dual wielding or 2 handing? Or can you use any ability regardless?

Xdrive05

What kind of FPS can I expect based on the beta's performance? Thanks in advance.

AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3.6Ghz
8GB ram
560ti 1GB @ 950Mhz x 2200Mhz
1680 x 1050 res w/ full AA

PatzCU

2 weapons is 10% boost to attack speed. DPS is averaged.
No limits on abilities.

So 2x weapons of 10dps dual wielded = 10dps?

I was wondering why Blizzard chose to gimp 2handed weapons in the face of dual wield, and now I know (it's not gimped). Definitely rolling a 2hand weap Barbarian in retail. Leaping into a crowd of enemies still hasn't gotten old.

KorrZ

I was wondering why Blizzard chose to gimp 2handed weapons in the face of dual wield, and now I know (it's not gimped). Definitely rolling a 2hand weap Barbarian in retail. Leaping into a crowd of enemies still hasn't gotten old.

2 handed barb has been ridiculously fun to play. I love just smashing enemies with a cleave and watching them all fly. Makes my wizard seem super weak when barb just runs in and fucks everything up.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I thought dual wielding got 15% IAS
Ah, looks like 15.

More pool of mods you can put on weapons. Faster attack vs stronger hits. Increased generation of fury/spirit.

ShaneB

2 handed barb has been ridiculously fun to play. I love just smashing enemies with a cleave and watching them all fly. Makes my wizard seem super weak when barb just runs in and fucks everything up.

This is pretty much how I feel right now too. I really didn't want to start with a barbarian since it seems like it'll be the go-to class for most folks, but man, like you said, it's just a badass feeling to go in and smash the hell out of everything.

Hey, quick trade offer to make here. Recently randomly got a couple more Dota 2 beta invites, looking to trade them for a d3 beta key. If interested, pm me the code and the 2 steam ids/ email addresses you want the keys sent to. Or if you just want one, that's cool too.

If there are no bites, I'll just post them in the dota 2 thread sometime tomorrow.

Artanisix

Hey, quick trade offer to make here. Recently randomly got a couple more Dota 2 beta invites, looking to trade them for a d3 beta key. If interested, pm me the code and the 2 steam ids/ email addresses you want the keys sent to. Or if you just want one, that's cool too.

If there are no bites, I'll just post them in the dota 2 thread sometime tomorrow.

Don't post them in the main dota 2 thread, only the dota 2 key community thread. You'll get banned if you post them in the main thread.

Thrakier

They guys who made torchlight, weren't they from a former Diablo team? Or WoW team? I wonder if they have the same source of work because the artstyle is just so similar.

hypernima

Banned
meh there's already bots for this game.
not sure if i'm going to pick it up this time around.
d2 was terrible with bots and terribly unfair advantages were had. it was good for devs but very bad for the laymen.

TylerD

meh there's already bots for this game.
not sure if i'm going to pick it up this time around.
d2 was terrible with bots and terribly unfair advantages were had. it was good for devs but very bad for the laymen.

I wouldn't make any judgments about bots and hacks just yet. Blizzard doesn't have warden running on the servers.

Bots can go fuck themselves as far as I am concerned but im not going to let them detract from my game experience. They can't pick up my loot and we are going to have a big enough pool of gaffers that we should be able to easily have full games where bots aren't going to matter.

hypernima

Banned
I wouldn't make any judgments about bots and hacks just yet. Blizzard doesn't have warden running on the servers.

Bots can go fuck themselves as far as I am concerned but im not going to let them detract from my game experience. They can't pick up my loot and we are going to have a big enough pool of gaffers that we should be able to easily have full games where bots aren't going to matter.

I hope so, seeing botter greed and the way it makes people act really sucks.
I hope there's no hacks either, so many people couldn't duel legit, it was really horrid. haha.

lordy88

Beta officially ends on May 1st: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4905211/The_Diablo_III_Beta_Draws_to_a_Close-4_17_2012#blog

Blizzard said:
We'd like to thank everyone who has participated in the Diablo III beta. You've done an admirable job of testing, and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback you provided during this critical phase of development.
In preparation for the launch of Diablo III on Tuesday, May 15, the beta servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, May 1. At that time, all beta accounts and character information will be reset. Leading up to Diablo's May 15 launch date, players will only be able to create comments and forum posts on the official Diablo III community site if they have pre-purchased Diablo III or have a StarCraft II or an active World of Warcraft game license attached to their Battle.net account. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to stay tuned to this website for exciting news and updates regarding the upcoming release.
Thank you again for your participation, and we'll see you soon on Battle.net!

RDreamer

Now I'm really bummed. They're taking the beta down May 1, so I kind of doubt I'll ever get to play it. This whole non-invite to the beta has really deflated my hype for the game. I really need and want to test the game on my computers, and I didn't expect it to be impossible to get into a beta, especially since the beta is apparently barely more than a demo as far as areas. They should have been giving that thing out like candy.

Is there ANY way to get in now?

This is probably of limited use to everyone in this thread, but NewEgg has a $10 off promo going for D3 right now (enter EMCNFJC22 at checkout). No release date delivery of course.

There is probably going to be a lot of security this time around, I would expect a lot of bans from people using bots/other hacks. If they allowed bots it would completely water down the in-game economy, thus making blizzard less money. Don't be tryin to take blizzards money.

Chemo

Quick question, if you get Diablo 3 from the WoW anual pass do you also have access to the beta?

No... but you could get into it regardless. My Diablo III license came from my World of Warcraft Annual Pass, and I did get into the DIII beta in the last wave. My getting into the beta was not at all impacted by my Annual Pass, though, I don't believe.

No... but you could get into it regardless. My Diablo III license came from my World of Warcraft Annual Pass, and I did get into the DIII beta in the last wave. My getting into the beta was not at all impacted by my Annual Pass, though, I don't believe.

no, it's not dependent on it. I got my beta invite like a month after I signed up for the AP, you got it in the very last wave. I'm pretty sure the WoW pass and the D3 beta are totally unrelated.

no, it's not dependent on it. I got my beta invite like a month after I signed up for the AP, you got it in the very last wave. I'm pretty sure the WoW pass and the D3 beta are totally unrelated.

Ok so to get in the beta you simply have to check the mark in the "Beta Profile Settings" and hope for the best?

How many waves are still left?

Chemo

Which is exactly what I said. That I have the Annual Pass, and got into the beta, but that my beta entry was not impacted in any way by my Annual Pass.

Ok so to get in the beta you simply have to check the mark in the "Beta Profile Settings" and hope for the best?

How many waves are still left?

yep, that's how it's supposed to work.. I don't think they're gonna do any more waves though, like lordy88 posted earlier, the beta's over in like 2 weeks. You're just gonna have to wait the month now. :-/

Edit: @Chemo I know, I was agreeing with you, and giving my anecdotal evidence to back you up. Sorry if the leading "No" threw you off, though.

FinKL

2 weapons is 10% boost to attack speed. DPS is averaged.
No limits on abilities.

I did notice that weapons don't have a chance for Magic Find mods. I wanted to dual wield as well, but if your a MF junkie, you're going to have to 1-hand and shield it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom