• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

tjohn86
Member
(05-04-2012, 02:59 PM)
tjohn86's Avatar

Originally Posted by fluffydelusions

I think the better question is do you prefer ranged or melee? Honestly, I love ranged classes and will go with DH first but Barb was REALLY fun.

I generally play a barb. Love me some melee an I know what to expect.

WD seems like it might be a more unique experience though. I am afraid it will end up being like the Necromancer in D2 and not be viable in higher difficulties.
fluffydelusions
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:02 PM)
fluffydelusions's Avatar

Originally Posted by tjohn86

I generally play a barb. Love me some melee an I know what to expect.

WD seems like it might be a more unique experience though. I am afraid it will end up being like the Necromancer in D2 and not be viable in higher difficulties.

Yeah I don't think many know what to expect come higher difficulties. BTW, anyone know when the review embargo ends? Can't believe we are almost there :)
Twinduct
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:04 PM)
Twinduct's Avatar
So anyone want to point me into a direction if I want to learn some lore of Diablo? Are the published books canon and decent?
Aesthet1c
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:05 PM)
Aesthet1c's Avatar

Originally Posted by tjohn86

I generally play a barb. Love me some melee an I know what to expect.

WD seems like it might be a more unique experience though. I am afraid it will end up being like the Necromancer in D2 and not be viable in higher difficulties.

This is probably the single biggest reason I'm not starting with my first main as a WD.

I went Necro when D2 launched thinking it would be fun to have an army of undead fighting with me, just to learn that my entire army was useless in anything past normal, and since that's where all my points were invested, my necro was worthless.

I know D3 will be balanced better, but I'm still going to stick with the Barb for the first run, and if other classes seem more fun end game I will reroll.
DieH@rd
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:06 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twinduct

So anyone want to point me into a direction if I want to learn some lore of Diablo? Are the published books canon and decent?

Book of Cain is all that you need.
DragonSworne
Satoru Iwata and his Trilateral Commission cronies are suppressing the truth about Retro. Wake up, sheeple!
(05-04-2012, 03:07 PM)
DragonSworne's Avatar
The necro is a beast in D2 now..
Twinduct
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:11 PM)
Twinduct's Avatar

Originally Posted by DieH@rd

Book of Cain is all that you need.

The hardcopy is almost as expensive as D3 standard edition :<
Need a kindle version :<
Reluctant-Hero
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:20 PM)
Reluctant-Hero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twinduct

The hardcopy is almost as expensive as D3 standard edition :<
Need a kindle version :<

It's only $21 on Amazon.
helloresolven
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:21 PM)
helloresolven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xdrive05

Need advice... DH or WD? To be partied with:

1) A wizard and monk.

2) A barb and monk.

Thanks. :)

Edit: in terms of usefulness to the group

1. I'd go DH with a focus on single-target damage. Let the Wizard handle AOE/CC. Let the monk do whatever he wants.

2. Definitely the WD, since all the +dex, +str loot you see can goto the other two and you can take all their +int gear.
Twinduct
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:22 PM)
Twinduct's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reluctant-Hero

It's only $21 on Amazon.

Import tax on books pushes it to around $50.
locally I can get it for $45 :|
Boken
Banned
(05-04-2012, 03:26 PM)
Boken's Avatar
And I thought books were hella expensive in Australia.
99%
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:38 PM)
99%'s Avatar
Wtf where do you live Twinduct?

I got book of cain ordered but it will arrive like 1 day before the game -_-
injurai
Member
(05-04-2012, 03:41 PM)
injurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by DieH@rd

Book of Cain is all that you need.

or diablowiki.com but the book looks awesome and I have been thinking about picking it up myself. It depends on how satisfied I am with the CE once it arrives.
dskillzhtown
keep your strippers out of my American football
(05-04-2012, 04:09 PM)

Originally Posted by DieH@rd

Diablo 3 digital version fucking bought.

I'm ready.

Same here, did the download last night.

I have never played a Diablo game, but I did play Torchlight. The look of D3 got me hyped so I am on the bandwagon.
IceMarker
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:18 PM)
IceMarker's Avatar


Another update! Charts are now available on the battletag list! The charts are updated live as we add/update people on the list and they show class and region affiliation! Part of this information will go towards the flashy info graphic right before release day! Thanks in part to HenryHSH! Also, don't forget that even if you are already on the list, be sure and check to see if we've updated your Class and Region so they aren't just a boring "-". Thanks and keep posting! (Oh and you can also tweet me if you don't get my attention to add you on NeoGAF for whatever reason.)
Last edited by IceMarker; 05-04-2012 at 04:37 PM.
yukonrye
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:21 PM)
yukonrye's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister

Can you add me?

yukonrye
Pastafarian#1879
North America
Barbarian
Snkfanatic
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:22 PM)
Snkfanatic's Avatar
Wow that the Book of Cain looks amazing....may have to pick it up.
Loto
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Aesthet1c

This is probably the single biggest reason I'm not starting with my first main as a WD.

I went Necro when D2 launched thinking it would be fun to have an army of undead fighting with me, just to learn that my entire army was useless in anything past normal, and since that's where all my points were invested, my necro was worthless.

I know D3 will be balanced better, but I'm still going to stick with the Barb for the first run, and if other classes seem more fun end game I will reroll.

When was the last time you played D2? Necro-Summoner is OP
Outdoor Miner
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:29 PM)
Outdoor Miner's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister


Outdoor Miner
outd00rminer#1805
North America
Wizard
Raide
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:36 PM)
Raide's Avatar
How many sleeps now?
scy
(05-04-2012, 04:38 PM)
scy's Avatar
Just realized that I won't be able to download the client until the 15th, huh ... :( Damn Collector's Edition!

Originally Posted by MrMister



Another update! Charts are now available on the battletag list! The charts are updated live as we add/update people on the list and they show class and region affiliation! Part of this information will go towards the flashy info graphic right before release day! Thanks in part to HenryHSH! Also, don't forget that even if you are already on the list, be sure and check to see if we've updated your Class and Region so they aren't just a boring "-". Thanks for your support and keep posting!

Forgot to do this earlier!

GAF Name: scy
Battletag: scy#1745
Region: North America
Class: Monk
IceMarker
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:39 PM)
IceMarker's Avatar

Originally Posted by scy

Just realized that I won't be able to download the client until the 15th, huh ... :( Damn Collector's Edition!

I have the CE pre-ordered as well, you can still download the client and install on/before the 15th, you just need to put in your key into Battle.net ASAP. In twinducts situation he's even getting the key emailed to him on the 15th before his physical CE arrives!
profit
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:41 PM)
profit's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister

Can you update my region? Europe(Belgium) Barbarian
syllogism
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:45 PM)
syllogism's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister


syllogism
syllogism#1209
Region: Europe
Class: Wizard
Raijin_Cain
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:47 PM)
Raijin_Cain's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister

Ok, I just checked the list and realized Im the only one who said South America. Since I imagine that there are other South American Gaffers interested in this game, people probably mean server. :P

So please change mine to North America please (server I will play on)
IceMarker
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:51 PM)
IceMarker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raijin_Cain

Ok, I just checked the list and realized Im the only one who said South America. Since I imagine that there are other South American Gaffers interested in this game, people probably mean server. :P

So please change mine to North America please (server I will play on)

Done and done, and Twinduct since you're most likely going to be playing on European servers I'm changing your region to Europe, if that's okay!
scy
(05-04-2012, 04:51 PM)
scy's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister

I have the CE pre-ordered as well, you can still download the client and install on/before the 15th, you just need to put in your key into Battle.net ASAP. In twinducts situation he's even getting the key emailed to him on the 15th before his physical CE arrives!

Well, Googling a bit more seems to have found something so I guess I should've looked harder before posting!
Realyn
Member
(05-04-2012, 04:53 PM)
Realyn's Avatar
10 more days or so, wehaaaaaa
Bradach
Member
(05-04-2012, 05:04 PM)
Bradach's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister


Bradach
Bradach#2758
EU
Barbarian

Thanks, Really looking forward to this! None of my PC owning friends are getting this game so I hope to play with some Gaffers!
Philthy
Member
(05-04-2012, 05:05 PM)
Philthy's Avatar

Originally Posted by tjohn86

WD seems like it might be a more unique experience though. I am afraid it will end up being like the Necromancer in D2 and not be viable in higher difficulties.

Initially this was true, it eventually ended up arguably the second strongest class.
BrokenEchelon
Member
(05-04-2012, 05:06 PM)
BrokenEchelon's Avatar
BrokenEchelon
Raein#1935
US
Barbarian
Twinduct
Member
(05-04-2012, 05:08 PM)
Twinduct's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister

Done and done, and Twinduct since you're most likely going to be playing on European servers I'm changing your region to Europe, if that's okay!

Hey yeah thanks.
I though it was region, not server :p

Thanks though =)
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(05-04-2012, 05:19 PM)
Yoshichan's Avatar

Originally Posted by profit

Damn Yoshi, I really want to group up with you, but I do not know if HC is for me.... Never even finished D2.

My main will certainly be in softcore so worry not! I shall play with you all :3

Calderas
Junior Member
(05-04-2012, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by MrMister



Another update! Charts are now available on the battletag list! The charts are updated live as we add/update people on the list and they show class and region affiliation! Part of this information will go towards the flashy info graphic right before release day! Thanks in part to HenryHSH! Also, don't forget that even if you are already on the list, be sure and check to see if we've updated your Class and Region so they aren't just a boring "-". Thanks and keep posting! (Oh and you can also tweet me if you don't get my attention to add you on NeoGAF for whatever reason.)

Add me to the list plz:

NeoGAF Username:
Calderas

Battletag:
Calderas#2772

Region:
Europe (Belgium)

Favorite Class:
Monk
Colkate
Member
(05-04-2012, 05:25 PM)
Colkate's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister

Colkate
EhnnZhed#2506
Europe
Wizard
geekamania
Junior Member
(05-04-2012, 05:27 PM)
geekamania's Avatar
It's weird that DH is the second most popular class of those that have added their battletags, but virtually no one that's added theirs recently is playing DH. Did all the DH players sign up early?
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(05-04-2012, 05:27 PM)
Yoshichan's Avatar
When the OT arrives, we're not doing the Battle-tag list thing right? It'll get very cluttery. Are we doing it in another separate thread, perhaps?
scy
(05-04-2012, 05:30 PM)
scy's Avatar

Originally Posted by geekamania

It's weird that DH is the second most popular class of those that have added their battletags, but virtually no one that's added theirs recently is playing DH. Did all the DH players sign up early?

For what it's worth, DH is my solo class with Monk being my primary one while playing through with friends.

...or maybe Wizard instead of DH... damn it, choices!
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(05-04-2012, 05:32 PM)
Yoshichan's Avatar
Yeah on a second thought, I'm glad the paladin isn't in this game. It would have clearly been played by 90% :3
TrAcEr_x90
Member
(05-04-2012, 06:07 PM)
TrAcEr_x90's Avatar
there is probably no way to get a CE Edition is there?
FrontalMonk
Member
(05-04-2012, 06:14 PM)
FrontalMonk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yoshichan

Yeah on a second thought, I'm glad the paladin isn't in this game. It would have clearly been played by 90% :3

it took real effort to keep from rolling a zealadin for my last run through D2.
Calidor
Member
(05-04-2012, 06:21 PM)
Calidor's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister



Another update! Charts are now available on the battletag list! The charts are updated live as we add/update people on the list and they show class and region affiliation! Part of this information will go towards the flashy info graphic right before release day! Thanks in part to HenryHSH! Also, don't forget that even if you are already on the list, be sure and check to see if we've updated your Class and Region so they aren't just a boring "-". Thanks and keep posting! (Oh and you can also tweet me if you don't get my attention to add you on NeoGAF for whatever reason.)

you can update my entry... I'm going wiz @ HC East :)
aliencowz7
Member
(05-04-2012, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by FrontalMonk

it took real effort to keep from rolling a zealadin for my last run through D2.

Zeal pally is probably my favorite build in d2 even though it doesnt do the most damage or anything like that. Just really fun to play for me. I have probably had about 5 fully decked out hammerdins over the course of my d2 playtime but they are pretty boring ;l

I think zealadin smite pally and javazon are probably the most fun builds to me in d2 for some reason.
AllIsOneIsNone
Member
(05-04-2012, 06:23 PM)
AllIsOneIsNone's Avatar

Originally Posted by FrontalMonk

it took real effort to keep from rolling a zealadin for my last run through D2.

I'm hoping that way of 100 fists for the monk is the rightful successor to zeal.
Houston3000
(05-04-2012, 06:24 PM)
Houston3000's Avatar
I really wish I had more time with the beta than the stress test... I have no good idea what class to play. I only got to try out the DH and WD, both seemed fun but I'm hearing so many good things about the Monk, and the Wizard seems badass.

I'm leaning toward the Witch Doctor right now since I want to play ranged (at least being that there's no Paladin class) and the Demon Hunter's damage was underwhelming to me and slower than I had hoped. My second most played D2 character was a Sorc so I'm a little weary of rolling a Wizard as my main at first but I haven't tried it. Problem is I'm really not a fan of pets, I like to kill stuff myself and even get a tiny bit annoyed with my companion getting in the way - kind of limits my available skills as a Witch Doctor.
Kyoufu
(05-04-2012, 06:26 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yoshichan

Yeah on a second thought, I'm glad the paladin isn't in this game. It would have clearly been played by 90% :3

I'm still bummed that they didn't include Paladin... My favourite class in every game ever.
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(05-04-2012, 06:27 PM)
Yoshichan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

I'm still bummed that they didn't include Paladin... My favourite class in every game ever.

We've still got templars! YOU WERE A TEMPLAR, JONDARRRRRR!
Calidor
Member
(05-04-2012, 06:28 PM)
Calidor's Avatar

Originally Posted by aliencowz7

Zeal pally is probably my favorite build in d2 even though it doesnt do the most damage or anything like that. Just really fun to play for me. I have probably had about 5 fully decked out hammerdins over the course of my d2 playtime but they are pretty boring ;l

I think zealadin smite pally and javazon are probably the most fun builds to me in d2 for some reason.

I agree, although Javazon was the most fun I had back in D2
piratepwnsninja
Volition Dev
(05-04-2012, 06:28 PM)
piratepwnsninja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twinduct

So anyone want to point me into a direction if I want to learn some lore of Diablo? Are the published books canon and decent?

Diablo 3 - Diablo Lore Series: Part 1 (Pre Diablo 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ghu8RzsWvs

Diablo 3 - Diablo Lore Series: Part 2 (Diablo 1 Lore)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid...&v=pg5EhW_ac5g

Diablo 3 - Diablo Lore Series: Part 3 (Diablo 2 Lore)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...otation_387840

Some of his pronunciations are funny, but it gets the lore across just fine.
Last edited by piratepwnsninja; 05-04-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Jetku
Member
(05-04-2012, 06:30 PM)
Jetku's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMister

Can you just create a thread for this, or create a community thread for it? It's annoying that it constantly pops up here, and I am sure it will be even worse once the OT hits..

Thread Tools