• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
DIABLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have decided i will play a Barb. I am traditional fellow. Then maybe the Monk. I will loots them all.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Gold isn't something you can deposit, it's a value shared by all your characters. In case you didn't know.

Being able to more easily trade gold and items between characters will be a huge motivation for me to try multiple characters/classes.

Valnen

Blizzard has said that rares have the potential of being better than a legendary. I imagine you'd need to spend millions of gold to run across such an item with 6 random properties though.

Blizzard has said that rares have the potential of being better than a legendary. I imagine you'd need to spend millions of gold to run across such an item with 6 random properties though.
Ah, yeah I think I do remember such a statement. Yeah, pretty much like D2 crafts but much more accessible then.

mbmonk

My guess: A DVD with an out-of-date client and a Product Key.

If you've got the bandwidth to download it, just go Digital.

Again, this is only a POOMA guess...

LMAO! Thanks for you honesty :).

If its like the SC2 copy it'll have a DVD, cd key and some trial keys for Wow, SC2 and maybe Diablo 3 if there's going to be a trial version of it. Personally I'd go with retail seeing as its €60 for a copy on Bnet and €40 from gamestop.

Fortunately, compared to the above situation, both retailers and Blizzard are charging $60. I think I am going to go with the physical copy, since once you register it you get a digitial version anyways.

Thank you both.

neoism

ok woow guys Diablo 2 is fuuunnn... but one thing that really scares me away is if you die all your stuff on that character is there until you go get it. But if you die again its gone forever... is this in D3 I didn't die in the beta even though I didn't play it much. Got a level 13 sorcerer it is fun... sooo much loot :D Still hate the death in the game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
ok woow guys Diablo 2 is fuuunnn... but one thing that really scares me away is if you die all your stuff on that character is there until you go get it. But if you die again its gone forever... is this in D3 I didn't die in the beta even though I didn't play it much. Got a level 13 sorcerer it is fun... sooo much loot :D Still hate the death in the game.

In d2 if you died again you had multiple corpses you could loot. Unless that was disabled on a higher difficulty.

maharg

idspispopd

Huh? I don't remember having to loot a body at all when I died in the beta. I just started back at the last checkpoint intact.

[edit] Oh, misread. No, it's not like that in D3. And if bodies disappear when you die multiple times for you in D2 you probably need to upgrade the patch version. That was true once, but it was changed in 1.10 or 1.9 or something.

For anyone that is confused as I was on how armor and resistance values work as you progress. I think it's worth repeating. I can't wait for an OT with a giant list of links to all of the details.

http://armadagaming.com/showthread.php?459-Armor-Resistances-and-Effective-Health

There are also videos from other curious/clever players.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Have you guys seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3agS-NE0R4&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=2&feature=plcp

This guy had been crunching numbers non-stop since the start of the beta, and Athene got wind of it. This guy Kripp is posing a huge threat to Athene's world first attempts, but its cool just to listen to their different views on how to approach the challenges ahead.
10-15 hours to 60?

Just talking out his ass, he may have done some shit before, but there's just no info.

back when i played D2 all the time, if you died again trying to get to your body the only thing you would lose would be your gold. all of your gear would still be on your corpse. online anyway.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
For anyone that is confused as I was on how armor and resistance values work as you progress. I think it's worth repeating. I can't wait for an OT with a giant list of links to all of the details.

http://armadagaming.com/showthread.php?459-Armor-Resistances-and-Effective-Health

Awesome, thanks for posting these! Gonna read up before the launch.

Valnen

Have you guys seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3agS-NE0R4&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=2&feature=plcp

This guy had been crunching numbers non-stop since the start of the beta, and Athene got wind of it. This guy Kripp is posing a huge threat to Athene's world first attempts, but its cool just to listen to their different views on how to approach the challenges ahead.

Oh god, I made it like 20 seconds in before I was sickened by the arrogant, condescending way he carries himself. =/

mbmonk

Thank you very much for posting these. I was looking for something just like this.

neoism

This is correct. I can loot multiple dead bodies in hell. Even as a ladder character.

just playin single-layer, but that is awesome... using /player 8 too, not sure if it works I can still kills goblins ... not sure. Just gonna play a little, maybe get to act 2. I feel if I play this is will just take away from D3... I really hope for a smooth launch..

injurai

Banned
Oh god, I made it like 20 seconds in before I was sickened by the arrogant, condescending way he carries himself. =/

I love how Athene carries himself in the video. I hope he is able to pull of the world first, but I won't be watching since I have to play myself.

Kalnos

Banned
I watched that a day or two ago when it was posted. I don't think Kripparrian came off as that condescending really. It's just a friendly shit talking attitude.

Valnen

I love how Athene carries himself in the video. I hope he is able to pull of the world first, but I won't be watching since I have to play myself.

I watched a bit more, Athene comes across as much less douchey than the guy on camera. Not sure I have the patience to listen for the whole hour.

It's just a friendly shit talking attitude.
There's such thing as friendly shit talking?

injurai

Banned
I think both are engaging in great dialogue. Obviously Kripp is trying to enter the world of streaming and is building a persona just like Athene did. Kripp is basing his entire attempt on that fact that he has gathered more knowledge on the game than anyone else and is knows his shit to pull off the world first inferno.

Athene is just hear to learn but over all its a great video to listen to.

maharg

idspispopd
just playin single-layer, but that is awesome... using /player 8 too, not sure if it works I can still kills goblins ... not sure. Just gonna play a little, maybe get to act 2. I feel if I play this is will just take away from D3... I really hope for a smooth launch..

Patch it. Multiple body looting was added at like 1.9 or 1.10.

Kalnos

Banned
Eh, shit talkers don't stop me from playing a competitive game, but they do make it less fun. Especially when I'm trying to learn.

I dunno man, it can be a part of the experience in some competitive games. Lots of high level players shit talk one another but it's really all in good fun. Some people are jerks, yeah, but not everyone.

injurai

Banned
It wasn't so much shit talking as it was egging on and challenging. Kripp was making it known to Athene that he is direct competition and he is not there to be another direct resource to him.

scy

Hm, yes ... math. Though not exactly all that in-depth (or even actually mathy at all) :( Can't wait to get my hands on the game to do some number crunching.

Buzzati

Banned
Shit's getting real! I'm supposed to go with my wife to my mother-in-law's retirement party on the 15th. She sprung this news on me just a few days ago. I might just flat out refuse to go. I'm still on the fence. I love my wife and her mom, but damn I really just want to stay home and play. We will see...

Hilarious.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I watched a bit more, Athene comes across as much less douchey than the guy on camera. Not sure I have the patience to listen for the whole hour.

There's such thing as friendly shit talking?

Athene seems to come across as naive and ignorant of what the game actually is. Whole thing is amusing actually i typically don't bother with this type of irrelevant drama. Guys need to get jobs or something.

SSJChar

so that kripp fellow, was he pretty big in wow? from what it sounds like, athene had wow down better than anyone, before anyone, and it sounded like kripps tried to, but did he ever do any big firsts?

gillFTR

so that kripp fellow, was he pretty big in wow? from what it sounds like, athene had wow down better than anyone, before anyone, and it sounded like kripps tried to, but did he ever do any big firsts?

As a former hardcore WoW raider, Athenes leveling world firsts don't matter much. Rather have the guy who has parses and has more top 50 boss kills.

HenryHSH

Never heard of either of these guys, but Athene doesn't come off as a douchebag like the other fella. The we're prepared for everything guy is obviously full of himself, and full of shit.
KuGsj.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's 6:05am... I tried getting some sleep but all I could think of was Diablo... so I woke up and here I am.

Fuck, what do I do... I think I'm gonna die.

LordCanti

It's 6:05am... I tried getting some sleep but all I could think of was Diablo... so I woke up and here I am.

Fuck, what do I do... I think I'm gonna die.

Just breathe....deeply into a rag that you've doused with chloroform. You'll wake up and the game will be some hours closer to launching.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:_: I'll just watch the videos Kripparrian's made. I've never heard of the guy until today so I have a lot of watch.... in my bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom