• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazingly AWESOME fan art

Status
Not open for further replies.
the chris said:
Here is a fun game, go to Deviantart and search for your name and "the Hedgehog" and post a result.
b122af413dc483602cc783b9e6e8deb5-d3ebda5.jpg

His backstory apparently.

His name is Stanley De Laviin and his species is a hedgehog.

He is friendly and obliging, he always tries to keep his mood up high, so you rarely see him without a smile on his face.

He is 19 years old and works in the fashion world.
If you would happen to doubt it then yes, he is homosexual.

* His background story

When Stanley De Laviin was a kid neither his family, his friends or himself knew or cared about his sexual direction; he and his friends from school were just kids and wanted to play around constantly.

Stanley always had a very feminine behavior, and since his friends had been used to it right from the beginning they didn't mind it at all, they found it completely normal and so did he.

It was first when Stanley and friends turned teenagers that they found out just how different he actually was, and they all realized he was homosexual.

His family was very supportive about this since they had seen it coming. His parents would keep telling him that it was okay to be different that way, some people just couldn't understand that. They told him that he should always be positive, glad and obliging towards other people, that way he would never be disliked by any good person.

Aware that he was a different person himself Stanley would never be judgmental against other people ever. You see, many people had judged him only by his looks and sexual orientation and then they quickly turned their back to him. Stanley had often thought that if only they knew him better then they would probably be able to get along well, like he had with the other people who had given him the chance.

All the girls would as matter of course still accept him; he was still their dear friend. Aware of the fact that he's gay, the girls thought of him as the "perfect guy", not only was he obviously sensitive and friendly, he was also very good looking too.

His boy friends had another opinion though. They didn't hate him, they just kept a certain distance and they didn't talk to him as much as they used to. They could still have friendly conversations though but that was it.

Few years later when his class had to start on a new school it went wrong. On that school there were students who were very shallow and disliked people who were different, so especially Stanley would be a very vulnerable target. The first couple of months he was ignored and got sometimes mocked by groups of bullies. It's from this period that he gained his great fear for bullies.

There was a very good thing about the new school though, which was that he found out there were other people like him there. He had never met other homosexual people before and he was greeted with happy and warm faces. Whenever he was with them he felt happy to the fullest and he started to get more cheerful again.

His new friends and his parents' advice helped Stanley finishing school, and he felt ready to welcome the world.

Since fashion had always interested him he started studying and working in the fashion world, where he would design the newest and hottest styles in fashion.
He was respected on his place of work and the respect was truly returned. He always appreciated it deeply when he was accepted by other people, and whenever those people were in trouble or were upset about something, Stanley would be very eager to show them how much he cared by being as supportive as possible.

* Present personality

Stanley De Laviin has a wonderful personality today; he's very friendly and obliging towards every person he meets. He's very caring about the people he already has in his life, he wants/ tries to understand those around him, and to show his gratefulness he'll always try to be as helpful and supportive as he can towards those who has given him a chance.

* Present Issues

The issues Stanley is dealing with today is among other things that he has fallen madly in love with a straight guy, Jack Rittler (another character of mine), who of cause does not return his feelings since he's straight.
Stanley knows that their relationship unfortunately isn't going to lead anywhere because they don't "play on the same team", but poor Stanley cannot help his feelings for Jack. Jack is also aware of Stanley's crush, and he prefers to keep a certain distance from him since he thinks he's too clingy. Jack is already very judgmental and especially towards homosexual people, but even though he sees Stanley as a nuisance he also considers him a friend, so the whole situation makes him very uncomfortable.

Besides of Stanley's crush he can also be very sensitive, causing him to get hysterical and bitchy in some situations. The thing that he is most sensitive about is his look: He can spend at least as long time in front of the mirror as his girl friends and he would never walk out a door without looking perfect.

As mentioned earlier, his biggest fear is still bullies who might want to beat him up because of his sexual direction. It is among other things the reason for why Stanley occasionally works out. The other two reasons would be to stay in shape and to impress Jack.

Unlike his love, Jack, Stanley always prefers to stay on the safe side: He never walks out in the city alone at night and if he sees someone with a hostile look towards him then he'd step away immediately. The last thing Stanley wants is trouble.

Island

I came in here looking for Awesome fan art, only to be bombarded by crappy Sonic/Anime fanfic and horrible pictures. Is there something I am missing here? Is this a joke thread?

EDIT: Ok this has to be a joke thread. I thought we actually had an awesome art thread; this is not it.

the chris

Island said:
I came in here looking for Awesome fan art, only to be bombarded by crappy Sonic/Anime fanfic and horrible pictures. Is there something I am missing here? Is this a joke thread?

EDIT: Ok this has to be a joke thread. I thought we actually had an awesome art thread; this is not it.
Why would you assume this is a joke thread?
oUcQo.gif

Island said:

thornberrry-troll_large.png

Well, now I know where to go if I'm in a bad mood.

Been laughing for like 5 minutes. People in the office are buzzing me to find out what the fuck is going on.

OMFG, Nipples the Enchilada...

Oh god, people are walking in my office as I'm wiping away tears, my face hurts so much I can't even talk, and I dare not show them what I'm reading.

Damn you GAF!

Link Man

Banned
Island said:

Don't blame me, I got yelled at when I posted good fanart.

Link Man said:
Don't blame me, I got yelled at when I posted good fanart.
Well, this thread isn't about good fan art. If it is good fan art, it should have a humorous twist to it.

It's just a thread that was initially about ridiculous pictures through renamed by a mod.

Link Man

Banned
spindashing said:
Well, this thread isn't about good fan art. If it is good fan art, it should have a humorous twist to it.

It's just a thread that was initially about ridiculous pictures through renamed by a mod.
Then it's kind of ironic that I'm one of the few still sticking to the topic, huh?

Video_Girls__MEGA_MAN_by_GuitarAtomik.jpg

af___11__bass_by_hallucinoxygen-d499pp3.jpg

Oli

brody_3rd_new_fc_by_fleetwaysonic64-d3k6par.png

...he's actually a cop. (Notice the belt) I may change his shoes and a couple of other things on him but so far he's cool.

Brody the Hedgehog. My man.

To be fair, not any worse than some of the stuff Sega came up with.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Chet Rippo said:
ANc8v.jpg

I drew these back in 2007...

Took me a minute...but lol, awesome.

And check it out for Tyler...

RPgpn.jpg

YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIII~

Retro

Jzero15 said:

Since so many of these Sonic drawings are Mary Sue character wish-fulfillment fantasies for the artists, how in the fuck did the artist get past the military psych evaluation? Pretty sure they won't even let you scrape birdshit off the runway in Guam if you come back positive for being a furry. It's in the rules, I promise. Like.... 78% sure.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Jzero15 said:
:lol Jonathan the Hedgehog
8WUN3.jpg

So...um...I take it this is an actual guy in the Air Force who made this? 0.o

This bumps it up to creepiest. The rest I can believe are just young kids having fun, for the most part, but this...this!

I wonder if he wears that patch around the base. :0

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
TehOh said:
Meet Greg the Hedgehog:
greg_comic_five_by_Gregthehegehog.jpg
Is Greg wearing a sombrero?
Is Robotnik's mustache getting smaller when he goes Super Saiyan because most of it turns into hair?
So many questions.

ReiGun

Perry the Hedgehog:

perrySATSRTU3_solo_picture_by_perrythehedgehog.jpg

Backstory (he's a vampire apparently)

Name: Perry, rest of name unknown
Species: Hellblood vampire Hedgehog
Height: Unknown, just a little higher than Sonic.
Weight: 2 stone
Personality: Before the accident, chirpy and happy. After, nobody really cared for him, letting him turn Emo. He has yet to say this to his friends. Likes adventuring with he
is friends and Gender Bending.

When he's understood
Guns
Blood
Songs
Blaze
Werehog

Hates:
Eggman
Fans
Death
Government
Himself

History: Perry fell rather mysteriously from he sky one day. From then on, he was cared for by some unknown couple When he was 13, he was attacked by an unknown force and his heart was torn out. On the brink of death, he was saved by Lunar, a Hellblood vampire, becoming one too. Then, another accident involving Werehog left him transformed into a new, more angst-y person...

Weapon of choice: Hand-cannon V3.5 (the first version was modded then destroyed)

Element: Blood

Weaknesses: Gives in easily if depressed.

Narcosis

I used to think console fanboys were the worst people in the gaming community, but even they are not as bad as Sonic fans.

I think I'm just gonna start denying I ever played the 16bit games as a kid, maybe find a way to nuke that shit from my memories.

Joe Molotov

Personality: Before the accident, chirpy and happy. After, nobody really cared for him, letting him turn Emo. He has yet to say this to his friends. Likes adventuring with he
is friends and Gender Bending.

When he's understood
Guns
Blood
Songs
Blaze
Werehog

Hates:
Eggman
Fans
Death
Government
Himself

Wow.

jet1911

oliver_the_hedgehog_2_by_m_s_c_o_o_k-d3rhew8.jpg

Full Name :: Oliver The Hedgehog

Birth Day :: April 15

Specie :: Hedgehog

Alignement :: Dark

Dislikes :: Good Poeple,Heros,Boring Stuff,Girls

Personality:: Arrogant, Evil And Explode It, Does Not Care About Others

Weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdddddddddd...

N4Us

I have the same name as a popular anime character and it gave me like 500 results for that + Hedgehog.

I did not bother looking at a single result.

Forkball

Not sure what it is about Sonic that draws in so many disturbed people. I'm a fan of the Genesis games and I've enjoyed some of his later games as well, but nothing in those drove me to want to draw some of the most haunting things ever put on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom