• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

roosters93
(02-23-2012, 08:19 AM)
This is weird. You guys aren't being crazy positive about everything. WAY TO CHANG
Quick
(02-23-2012, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Dan

Yeah, Chang as a student wasn't great, but I've really enjoyed him as a security guard. The episode where Britta was his nemesis was fantastic. I dug the noir storyline quite a bit too. I think I'm agreement with Dan Harmon that Chang is best in roles of faux-authority.

Senor Chang is best Chang. We haven't seen enough of Security Chang to really compare, but I like what I've seen so far. I also liked the noir episode.

Sketch_Turntable
(02-24-2012, 01:28 AM)
The "Community" PaleyFest panel is going to be available on Hulu on March 15th. What a great day that is shaping up to be!

Not sure if all of it will be available for free on regular Hulu or on Hulu+
gabbo
(02-24-2012, 02:16 AM)

Originally Posted by roosters93

This is weird. You guys aren't being crazy positive about everything. WAY TO CHANG

It's because someone dumped a bunch of frogs with sombreros on my lawn.
Hot Coldman
(02-24-2012, 02:48 AM)

Originally Posted by ActStriker

Rob Corddry to return in the season finale

Hopefully this time he's the one to get chloroformed by Annie.
WanderingWind
Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
(02-24-2012, 05:11 AM)
The lost pen episode was magic.

"Dammit Annie, you're going to Nancy Screw me out of my credit aren't you?"

:jnc
Last edited by WanderingWind; 02-24-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Hydrogen Bluebird
(02-24-2012, 05:25 AM)

Originally Posted by WanderingWind

The lost pen episode was magic.

"Dammit Annie, you're going to Nancy Screw me out of my credit aren't you?"

:jnc

I think the lost pen and the conspiracy theory stuff are actually 2 separate episodes.
WanderingWind
(02-24-2012, 05:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Hydrogen Bluebird

I think the lost pen and the conspiracy theory stuff are actually 2 separate episodes.

Yes. I am almost done with the conspiracy episode. Back to back.

"Guess what? Annie's got a GUN!"
Mudita
(02-24-2012, 05:38 AM)
Finally able to post and just want to check in as a long time lurker of this thread and Community fanatico. I recently forced a friend to start watching and he is grateful now that we are about halfway through season 2. He was wary at first but now is starting to catch on. Watched Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking the other day...butterfly in the skyyyy!
Jasoco
Banned
(02-24-2012, 07:44 AM)
Well, I got my dad addicted to the show. All he had to do was watch the scene in "The Science of Illusion" when Annie runs after Jeff firing the pepper spray. After that he sat while we watched all the way to the end of the season. He laughed more than he does most of the time. Of course he now has to start at the beginning and watch the first 19 episodes too before continuing to season 2 where he will "find out who Jeff picks" because he was very curious about that.
roosters93
(02-24-2012, 11:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Mudita

Finally able to post and just want to check in as a long time lurker of this thread and Community fanatico. I recently forced a friend to start watching and he is grateful now that we are about halfway through season 2. He was wary at first but now is starting to catch on. Watched Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking the other day...butterfly in the skyyyy!

Welcome! Introducing other people to something so awesome is awesome. Love doing it.
Razgriz-Specter
(02-24-2012, 11:10 AM)
You know as happy as I am that this is coming back I really wish they had given Outsourced(never recovered from xmas break) a second chance.

Really missed this show. Going to try and give it my full support from now on.
Last edited by Razgriz-Specter; 02-24-2012 at 11:15 AM.
gabbo
(02-24-2012, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Jasoco

Well, I got my dad addicted to the show. All he had to do was watch the scene in "The Science of Illusion" when Annie runs after Jeff firing the pepper spray. After that he sat while we watched all the way to the end of the season. He laughed more than he does most of the time. Of course he now has to start at the beginning and watch the first 19 episodes too before continuing to season 2 where he will "find out who Jeff picks" because he was very curious about that.

I think I may be able to sway my dad in the near future. I picked up season 1, and my parents season 2 for my brother's birthday, and having the dvd's on hand is how I got him into watching a couple seasons of Chuck, so Community should be an even easier sell with it's silly humour.
Rehynn
(02-24-2012, 04:30 PM)
Speaking of turning other people on to the show: Community for Newbies: Five Episodes to Get You Hooked

I would definitely add Regional Holiday Music to that list.
Last edited by Rehynn; 02-24-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Hot Coldman
(02-24-2012, 04:42 PM)

Yes. I am almost done with the conspiracy episode. Back to back.

"Guess what? Annie's got a GUN!"

Still probably my favourite episode... OK, second favourite after Debate 101.
GBONZZZZ
(02-24-2012, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Rehynn

Speaking of turning other people on to the show: Community for Newbies: Five Episodes to Get You Hooked

Very upsetting that Advanced Criminal Law and Debate 109 aren't listed. Those were both hilarious episodes.
Salvadora
(02-24-2012, 06:28 PM)
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons should be on the list.
Nappuccino
(02-24-2012, 06:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Rehynn

Yeah... i really don't think that is a good list.
Slevin
(02-24-2012, 07:21 PM)
I've been telling as many people as I can about this show. I recently got my best friend hooked on it. We both really love Scrubs and I enjoy watching shows with someone else laughing too as opposed to by myself. So I kept telling him about Community and finally sat him down to watch the first season DVDs. He was hooked after the first episode. He made me marathon the second season a week later once we finished the first.

I wish more people watched it. It's not for everyone but there are definitely people that would love it and are missing out. I know I missed out when the first season started, thankfully I made myself check it out.
gabbo
(02-24-2012, 08:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Slevin

I've been telling as many people as I can about this show. I recently got my best friend hooked on it. We both really love Scrubs and I enjoy watching shows with someone else laughing too as opposed to by myself. So I kept telling him about Community and finally sat him down to watch the first season DVDs. He was hooked after the first episode. He made me marathon the second season a week later once we finished the first.

I wish more people watched it. It's not for everyone but there are definitely people that would love it and are missing out. I know I missed out when the first season started, thankfully I made myself check it out.

I'm surprised the audience for Scrubs hasn't latched onto this show to be honest. They seem so similar in delivery and occasional tone (except Jeff is kind of all the mean characters from Scrubs rolled into one)
WanderingWind
(02-25-2012, 03:54 AM)
What the claymation am I watching?
Nappuccino
(02-25-2012, 04:05 AM)

exactly what you should be watching.

And one of the more genuinely touching xmas episodes i've seen.
Quick
(02-25-2012, 04:11 AM)

They're silicone bodies with ball-and-socket armatures.
Flatline
(02-25-2012, 04:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Quick

Senor Chang is best Chang. We haven't seen enough of Security Chang to really compare, but I like what I've seen so far. I also liked the noir episode.

That gif is so good.
gabbo
(02-25-2012, 06:07 AM)

The true meaning of Christmas
Nappuccino
(02-25-2012, 06:09 AM)

Originally Posted by gabbo

The true meaning of Christmas

Lost?
Jasoco
Banned
(02-25-2012, 06:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Nappuccino

Lost?

No, that represents lack of payoff.
Canuck76
Banned
(02-25-2012, 06:20 AM)
If were serious Community fans here guys, we'll admit that Senor Chang was waaaaaayy better as a teacher than a student/security guard. That noir episode was really bad, just not funny.
Al-ibn Kermit
(02-25-2012, 06:25 AM)
I loved the noir episode. You're really bad, you're just not funny.

The blanket fortresss was so beautiful.
Jasoco
Banned
(02-25-2012, 06:36 AM)
Continuing my marathon of Community. Onto Season 2.

Just noticed, and this is weird to notice now, that Professor Betty White said "Form groups of no more than 8 people and try to mix up the races". Then Chang shows up and I realized that he ends up being their 8th group member. I never noticed how blatant it was. And that in season 3, the new Wire teacher instead goes the opposite route and tries to make smaller groups but ends up punishing them by putting them together anyway at the end. (Though whether Todd is still a member of the group or not is unknown because, well, they didn't really do that many episodes taking place in the school after that yet.)

It's the little things really. A detail I didn't notice the first dozen times I watched.
Nappuccino
(02-25-2012, 06:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Canuck76

If were serious Community fans here guys, we'll admit that Senor Chang was waaaaaayy better as a teacher than a student/security guard. That noir episode was really bad, just not funny.

Security guard chang has potential. I think the issue is that the writers are trying to include student change's persona in the mix. He should be just teacher chang (controlling, manipulative, and a bit nuts) instead of throwing in pathetic and completely psycho chang in the mix too.
rekameohs
(02-25-2012, 07:03 AM)
Season 1 has the best Chang, Season 2 is the best overall season (though obviously this can change - or Chang!) and Season 3 has the best episode, the Chaos Theory one.
roosters93
(02-25-2012, 07:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Canuck76

I liked it! Some of the jokes fell flat but it was a funny parody.
WanderingWind
(02-25-2012, 07:13 AM)
They're going to just continue with the Jeff/Annie thing, eh? And the Jeff/Britta thing. And probably the Jeff/Abed thing.

Jeff is a whore.
Nappuccino
(02-25-2012, 07:38 AM)

They're going to just continue with the Jeff/Annie thing, eh? And the Jeff/Britta thing. And probably the Jeff/Abed thing.

Jeff is a whore.

Jeff / Britta

Troy/ Annie / Abed

Awwww yeah.
gabbo
(02-25-2012, 05:16 PM)

Jeff is a whore.

Troy/Britta is where it's at. Pierce would not approve, nor would his recently deceased father.
GoutPatrol
Forgotten in his cell
(02-26-2012, 12:36 PM)

Originally Posted by roosters93

I liked it! Some of the jokes fell flat but it was a funny parody.

The best part of that was when he started coming up with bad stand-up bits.
Expendable.
(02-27-2012, 04:28 AM)
Dean Pelton just won a FUCKING OSCAR! Called that shit!
WanderingWind
(02-27-2012, 04:41 AM)
I was very disappointed in the D&D episode. I think the only laugh we got out of it was Pierce on his makeshift throne. Every joke told has been done a billion times before.

Meh. On to the next one.
Quick
(02-27-2012, 04:43 AM)

DEAN DEANDEANDEANDEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN!
Jasoco
Banned
(02-27-2012, 05:53 AM)

I was very disappointed in the D&D episode. I think the only laugh we got out of it was Pierce on his makeshift throne. Every joke told has been done a billion times before.

Meh. On to the next one.

You're the worst!
Incendiary
(02-27-2012, 05:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Expendable.

How many episodes have they filmed so far? If they don't shoehorn a reference to that into one of this season's episodes I'll be disappointed.
Quick
(02-27-2012, 05:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Incendiary

How many episodes have they filmed so far? If they don't shoehorn a reference to that into one of this season's episodes I'll be disappointed.

They just wrapped up shooting.
EatinOlives
Harass A Bull?
Report to HR.
(02-27-2012, 06:01 AM)

Originally Posted by rekameohs

Season 1 has the best Chang, Season 2 is the best overall season (though obviously this can change - or Chang!) and Season 3 has the best episode, the Chaos Theory one.

Yes, yes, and YES.

<3
Shaneus
(02-27-2012, 06:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Expendable.

Did he make it on stage? I bet he looked weird in a suit.
Talon
(02-27-2012, 06:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Shaneus

Brooks Brothers has a children section.
big ander
(02-27-2012, 07:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Shaneus

of course did, I mean he co-wrote it with Faxon and Payne.

he even spent his time on stage making fun of angelina jolie's weird standing stance.
mclem
(02-27-2012, 02:45 PM)

They wrapped *shooting*... but an oscar doodle on Jim Rash's credit in the intro would be awesome.
gabbo
(02-27-2012, 06:11 PM)

Plenty of time to do a couple of quick "re-shoots" and drop a joke in here or there.
Have a character mention that someone looking like the dean was at the Oscars during the opening library table shot when they're all just talking over each other
Last edited by gabbo; 02-27-2012 at 06:15 PM.