• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddemon

Banned
Do girls normally give guys a date they'll have sex with them?! The girl I'm talking to said if we're still dating on Oct 5th (one month after we met), we'll bang. I don't get it. That's just a lot of added pressure (especially for me, I'm a virgin), and it's really annoying. UGH but I'm still attracted to her, so I guess it's working...

EDIT: woo first post new page

Typographenia said:
At the risk of sounding horribly ignorant or generalizing...

I'm curious, Girls of Gaf, what's with the big appeal of changing hair color?
Most of the time it's that thing where girls bleach their hair blonde or just the tips or something, but why? Is it that you just want to wear it differently, don't like the original color, or some other reason?

It's always perplexed me, as I think dyed hair tends to look tacky more often than not. Natural hair color just looks so much nicer, in my opinion.

I've never dyed my hair but I did use a couple temporary rinses to make it darker or a bit reddish. It didn't take long to realize that I looked best with my regular hair color.

Still, it's kind of like playing dress-up. Sometimes you just want to change the way you look and see if you find yourself more attractive that way. We all just want to look as attractive as we can. I don't think that's a girl only thing.

Jin34

balddemon said:
Do girls normally give guys a date they'll have sex with them?! The girl I'm talking to said if we're still dating on Oct 5th (one month after we met), we'll bang. I don't get it. That's just a lot of added pressure (especially for me, I'm a virgin), and it's really annoying. UGH but I'm still attracted to her, so I guess it's working...

That kinda sounds like she's messing with you, girls don't give a "if you make it to here, panties off!" time.

ajf009

balddemon said:

yeah.. I remember high school

no offense

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
This is probably a question I should be posing to "Girl-Age" as opposed to "Girl-Gaf" - but I am kind of curious as to what kind of advice I'd get from each side. Plus, everyone else is doing it... so...

Anyway, girl (Let's call her L) and I have been seeing each other/hanging out casually for a few weeks, we had another date a few nights ago, and it went well, but our text messages were weird today. Today she was saying things like "I really am happy we're hanging out" and "I think you're having a positive effect on me" and other much more emotionally involved things I don't want to get into. The problem is, I don't want anything serious. She knows that. Heck, when I met her and we got to discussing my situation, she said "You should -not- be in a serious relationship right now. Just go out and meet a lot of girls and have fun, and hey, I am a fun girl." and it seemed sincere! But now I am worrying that she might be thinking about something more.

Do I nip it in the bud now? Am I over thinking it, is it nothing? Do I wait and see if anything else comes up before making any sort of decision?

A question on womens fashion.

Right now I'm really into this cute girly brand called Liz Lisa.

1464501_IMG_0810.jpg

wtaqvn.jpg

What do you think? Is the cutsy look a big turn off for guys?

Kisaya

Typographenia said:
At the risk of sounding horribly ignorant or generalizing...

I'm curious, Girls of Gaf, what's with the big appeal of changing hair color?
Most of the time it's that thing where girls bleach their hair blonde or just the tips or something, but why? Is it that you just want to wear it differently, don't like the original color, or some other reason?

It's always perplexed me, as I think dyed hair tends to look tacky more often than not. Natural hair color just looks so much nicer, in my opinion.

I'm a weird one, I really like my hair color and have no intention of ever dying it.

And girls always want to try something new. Dying your hair to some girls is nothing cause it's not permanent, so they take the risk of trying a new look. That's my perspective.

ajf009

shanshan310 said:

1464501_IMG_0810.jpg

wtaqvn.jpg

its a very cutesy girly style.. but it all depends on what kind of guy you want to attract. I personally wouldn't be "turned on" by this style. I mean it's cute an all, but its not my thing. I go for alt / skater type girls (or girl since thats my gf) and I wouldn't go out of my way seeing a girl like this. But I know plenty of guys who absolutely would!

so like i said, it all depends on what kinda guy u want

edit: and to the hair dying thing, I'm a guy (^obviously^) and if I had the money for it I would totally dye my hair a different color like every month, I love changin it up and styling it too

Well, I have fun wearing it but I don't think my bf likes it much. Come to think of it, I'm not sure what style of clothes he's into. I'm gonna go with "no clothes" :p

Kinitari said:
Anyway, girl (Let's call her L) and I have been seeing each other/hanging out casually for a few weeks, we had another date a few nights ago, and it went well, but our text messages were weird today. Today she was saying things like "I really am happy we're hanging out" and "I think you're having a positive effect on me" and other much more emotionally involved things I don't want to get into. The problem is, I don't want anything serious. She knows that. Heck, when I met her and we got to discussing my situation, she said "You should -not- be in a serious relationship right now. Just go out and meet a lot of girls and have fun, and hey, I am a fun girl." and it seemed sincere! But now I am worrying that she might be thinking about something more.

Do I nip it in the bud now? Am I over thinking it, is it nothing? Do I wait and see if anything else comes up before making any sort of decision?

I'm kinda thinking the opposite actually. Saying things like "I'm happy we're hanging out" seems to suggest that she's hinting "hey, I like being your friend". I mean, that's the kind of thing I'd say to a guy when I want to make it clear I really like being his friend, but have no interest in dating him.

Kisaya

Kinitari said:
This is probably a question I should be posing to "Girl-Age" as opposed to "Girl-Gaf" - but I am kind of curious as to what kind of advice I'd get from each side. Plus, everyone else is doing it... so...

If you already told her then you shouldn't worry about it, just as long as you don't throw in anything that suggests you want something serious (which you didn't). In the end it's her fault if she thinks of it seriously when she already knew what she was getting into.

ikkemenx

shanshan310 said:

http://cdn2.lookbook.nu/files/looks/medium/2011/08/06/1464501_IMG_0810.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/wtaqvn.jpg[IMG]

What do you think? Is the cutsy look a big turn off for guys?[/QUOTE]

I think it looks good on the girls who can pull this off (basically petite azn girls, or petite girls that have the "cute" thing going in general). When I was in Japan I did a lot of clothes shopping and sadly sooooo many of the boutiques were carrying clothes like this which just looked ridiculous on me (I'm tall, pear-shaped, and hardly "that" type). I pretty much only bought T-shirts and like loose tops and stuff while I was there. Heaven forbid I try any of the jeans...

Leeness

shanshan310 said:

http://cdn2.lookbook.nu/files/looks/medium/2011/08/06/1464501_IMG_0810.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/wtaqvn.jpg

Oh man, that's all super cute. I think you have to have a certain frame to pull it off, though. Like, those kind of clothes go with the waifish/pixie type, that can also pull off pixie cuts, haha.

That's just how I see it, but I'm pretty sure I'm also a fashion disaster, so...

But yeah, probably going to attract guys who are more into cute than sexy, I think, haha.

Prax

shanshan310 said:

1464501_IMG_0810.jpg

wtaqvn.jpg

I dunno. Cute is cute!

It probably just means you'll attract more guys that like cute. Maybe that means they will be more of the "protective" type. Which I guess begs the question: What kind of guy are you looking to attract?

Otherwise, just wear what you want. >_>

Ooh, seems ajf009 repeated my sentiments!

Kisaya

Rikkun said:
I know, I made a long post in the dating-age thread some days ago and a guy told me "Just ask her out, geez" so here I am.
She's a semi-coworker, 4y younger than me, don't wanna ruin the mood at workplace, we both work way too much, hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to ask her.

Ah, the guy also said to don't rape her, so I'll be careful if I'll get the date.

Doesn't seem like your that close to her so you shouldn't feel this nervous about it. Just casually ask her if she wants to hang out and go on from there~

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I'm kinda thinking the opposite actually. Saying things like "I'm happy we're hanging out" seems to suggest that she's hinting "hey, I like being your friend".

kisaya said:
If you already told her then you shouldn't worry about it, just as long as you don't throw in anything that suggests you want something serious (which you didn't). In the end it's her fault if she thinks of it seriously when she already knew what she was getting into.

I like these answer because it means I don't have to do anything or be racked with guilt if anything goes wrong.

Alucrid

Banned
shanshan310 said:

http://cdn2.lookbook.nu/files/looks/medium/2011/08/06/1464501_IMG_0810.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/wtaqvn.jpg[/IM

Those two are fine ando are pretty tame tsome of the other outfits on the site which are a bot of a turn off. To

shanshan310 said:

1464501_IMG_0810.jpg

wtaqvn.jpg

I honestly could give a shit what guys think about my outfit. I dress up way more for other girls. Also, I love that style of clothes. I've still got some shirts and dresses like that from when I visited Japan. Unfortunately, most of it won't fit my bust size.

SRG01

shanshan310 said:

http://cdn2.lookbook.nu/files/looks/medium/2011/08/06/1464501_IMG_0810.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/wtaqvn.jpg

It's not a turn-off, but it only really works for thinner body-types. If you have curves, I suppose there are smart ways to hide them.

ikkemenx said:
Is Vox-Pop a guy or a girl and why does everyone always talk about him/her??

He's a guy who is attracted to very thin/cutesy girls.

ikkemenx

SRG01 said:
It's not a turn-off, but it only really works for thinner body-types. If you have curves, I suppose there are smart ways to hide them.

He's a guy who is attracted to very thin/cutesy girls.

Or flaunt/accentuate those curves assuming you are not just talking about fat! xD

*waves to girl gaf* *doesn't see a wave back* :( bummer

One thing that i'm starting to see is women make the first move/break the ice more often, even though its still rare , nice to see since its always the hardest thing for us guys to do haha.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
ikkemenx said:

Vox-Pop is an odd guy. I am pretty sure a troll, or I at least pray to every deity that he is. He only likes women who either look extremely young or androgynous. He is simultaneously afraid of women, lonely and finds them 'icky' is a good way to put it. Also, he says things like "Why would anyone want to sleep with a girl who's slept with other guys?". But I am pretty sure he's a troll.

friskykillface said:

One thing that i'm starting to see is women make the first move/break the ice more often, even though its still rare , nice to see since its always the hardest thing for us guys to do haha.

A girl bought me a drink the other night... I felt so pretty :D.

Jin34

ikkemenx said:

Vox Pop is a guy gaffer who is really into young cute girly looking girls with small boobs/butt only and dislikes anything resembling curves though sometimes it feels like he's just messing with people.

Meh, I have no problem with vox-pop.

Kitsunebaby said:
I honestly could give a shit what guys think about my outfit. I dress up way more for other girls. Also, I love that style of clothes. I've still got some shirts and dresses like that from when I visited Japan. Unfortunately, most of it won't fit my bust size.

Finally, the one plus of having small boobs. Must say though, wearing those clothes make even my bust look a bit too big.

ikkemenx

friskykillface said:

*wave!*

There's a boutique near Japantown that sells clothes like that for hundreds of dollars. My jaw drops every time my curiosity is peaked about what they're selling in a given season.

Kisaya

shanshan310 said:

http://cdn2.lookbook.nu/files/looks/medium/2011/08/06/1464501_IMG_0810.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/wtaqvn.jpg[/IG]

I fit this frame but I'm not really into the whole cutesy look :/ Buut I kinda do like that top.

Devolution said:
There's a boutique near Japantown that sells clothes like that for hundreds of dollars. My jaw drops every time my curiosity is peaked about what they're selling in a given season.

That's the only problem. The price tag. -_-

I did find this online shop though that sell clothes at slightly cheaper prices.

SRG01

ikkemenx said:
Or flaunt/accentuate those curves assuming you are not just talking about fat! xD

Haha, well I don't think the cutesy look and flaunting curves go well together! I find the cutesy look to have looser tops and tend to hide things...

balddemon

Banned
Jin34 said:
That kinda sounds like she's messing with you, girls don't give a "if you make it to here, panties off!" time.

Well we've already done everything but have sex. Otherwise you'd be right, I think.

ajf009 said:
yeah.. I remember high school

no offense

OooOoOOOo ouch. I graduated high school is '09, she in '10. I'm 20, she'll be 20 in December. But I take your point.

none taken

Prax

Jin34 said:
Vox Pop is a guy gaffer who is really into young cute girly looking girls with small boobs/butt only and dislikes anything resembling curves though sometimes it feels like he's just messing with people.

Well, SOMEONE'S gotta like the cute little asian girls~! (and similar body types)
People just have different tastes and preferences. I dunno why you guys rag on each other about it. >_>

Okay, I admit that sometimes it comes off as creepy if they are a little too enthusiastic about their preferences, but on the whole: whatever floats your boat, man.

shanshan310 said:
Finally, the one plus of having small boobs. Must say though, wearing those clothes make even my bust look a bit too big.

But you will look supercute, so it's OK!

Devolution said:

You can find a lot of it on ebay for really cheap. Most of it's gonna be cheaper made clothes from china based off of japanese fashion, though.

Jin34

Prax said:
Well, SOMEONE'S gotta like the cute little asian girls~! (and similar body types)
People just have different tastes and preferences. I dunno why you guys rag on each other about it. >_>

Okay, I admit that sometimes it comes off as creepy if they are a little too enthusiastic about their preferences, but on the whole: whatever floats your boat, man.

It's that plus other things mentioned like virginal/innocence qualities , if it were just that it wouldn't be a problem. But in the totality it makes him look like someone Chirs Hansen would be keeping an eye on.

Kisaya

Devolution said:
The dress section has a bunch of gems now that you mention it.

http://kumimakiko.com/en/images/upload/Image/20110827180228062_46710606.jpg[/ig]

[img]http://kumimakiko.com/en/images/upload/Image/20110722004118187_46258962.jpg[/ig]

[img]http://kumimakiko.com/en/images/upload/Image/20110630145732125_88803496.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

The first two are kinda too cute for my taste. The last one though is nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom