• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Datamined: Lots Of New Info, [February Open Beta Is Likely]

x3r0123

Ark said:
Where the feck can I find me some Dota 2 builds? I'm convinced my Windrunner build is bollocks.

Also, is anyone else having problems with the camera angle? I don't know why but in LoL I have no problems but with Dota 2 I keep finding myself not being able to see as much as I think I ought to.

http://www.playdota.com/guides

look for windrunner

itemwise build really depends on the situation and the heroes picks

bottle + phase boots + mek + force staff is my usual core build

Conceptor

Halycon said:
Okay, how are you guys binding your items. I like HoN's Alt + QWEASD but every time I use it I inadvertently ping, which is kind of annoying.

I hate 123456 btw.
I could never get around the alt+qweasd that HoN had by default. I've been using ctrl+qweasd instead because I find it a lot easier to manage. Buuuuut.. I tried to set that the other night and it wouldn't let me :( - so I guess I'm back to clicking items again?!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Conceptor said:
I could never get around the alt+qweasd that HoN had by default. I've been using ctrl+qweasd instead because I find it a lot easier to manage. Buuuuut.. I tried to set that the other night and it wouldn't let me :( - so I guess I'm back to clicking items again?!

I've been using 456, space bar, and mouse button 4 and 5 personally.

I may change the 4 5 and 6, though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How do you use Ctrl + QWEASD?

Your hand is best suited to hit alt with the thumb and QWER with your index, middle and ring fingers. You'd have to bend your wrist the other way every time you hit ctrl with your pinky.

Stahsky

Halycon said:

Your hand is best suited to hit alt with the thumb and QWER with your index, middle and ring fingers. You'd have to bend your wrist the other way every time you hit ctrl with your pinky.

I'm not sure for him, but back when I played WoW arenas, I had 36 keybinds, using shift/ctrl/alt modifiers and alt was always the modifier I hated most :x

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I used 123456qwartg and Ctrl, Alt and Shift.

Ctrl gave me a lot of pain because of how I had to twist my hand and extend my pinky in an awkward position each time.

Although Alt + 6 also required some serious arm gymnastics.

Stahsky

Looking at it, yeah I can see where you are going with the ctrl issue. I guess I've just never had an issue twisting my wrist like that. To be honest, I'm not even sure why alt is such a pain for me considering where my finger is placed at all times.

Conceptor

Halycon said:

I dunno! How do you use ALT! My hand naturally goes to WASD and reaching over to CTRL with my pinky is easy. My thumb usually lies on spacebar or C (for HoN). I do hope they give us total freedom for keybinds in the release version though..

Valygar

Awesome compilation of Na'Vi (Dota 2 champion team) best moments from The International tournament:

http://youtu.be/1vIBAw_BwN0

Watch it, it's not very long and it's pretty good edited. Sometimes they show you the abilities/items they have used to escape/initiate if I'm not mistaken. Awesome stuff.
It's mostly artstyle though, and I think he's not in Na'Vi anymore.

Ark

Why the feck is the AI so shit when they're on your team? I've pretty much got the mechanics down with the game & Windrunner now (Storm Spirit is amazing too :eek:) so my and Kyaw are there pushing their base at 57 minutes in and our three AI team mates are all at our base doing fuck knows what against the mass of creeps around the nexus/thing. But when you're playing against the AI, they're a tonne more competent than allied AI.

At the end the AI were all like level 13 and like 1/22/12.

Also from what I've seen, Tidehunter looks pretty OP, but I don't know.

Valygar

Ark said:
Why the feck is the AI so shit when they're on your team? I've pretty much got the mechanics down with the game & Windrunner now (Storm Spirit is amazing too :eek:) so my and Kyaw are there pushing their base at 57 minutes in and our three AI team mates are all at our base doing fuck knows what against the mass of creeps around the nexus/thing. But when you're playing against the AI, they're a tonne more competent than allied AI.

At the end the AI were all like level 13 and like 1/22/12.

Also from what I've seen, Tidehunter looks pretty OP, but I don't know.

Well, I think it is that way because the All AI team has a consistent strategy. They probably communicate together things, the same way they try to communicate with you saying "i'm ganking top" or whatever. You can't communicate with them (yet?), and I guess they don't guess very well the human player intentions/reactions to events. But they surely know perfectly what's the plan of their IA teammates.

Link0080

Burnt Offerings

Today’s update adds Warlock, a master of the Dark Arts and the only hero capable of summoning a mighty flaming golem.

anc_hero_07_warlock_small.jpg

Top Bottom