• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Grayman

MisterAnderson said:
Have you tried using D3DOverrider to force triple buffering? And what is GPU Transcoding?
if the game is open GL that is not going to work is it?

the game is single player so it may not matter but even triple buffering has always caused some mouse response degradation in id's games.

Salsa

LeonSKennedy90 said:
But I thought this was id software and they can't do wrong?

what are you trying to do here? you sound like a child right now man, complaining about a game that's getting 8s and 9s in reviews..

Wallach

Yeah, totally unplayable right now. What the fuck, id.

BTW I'm already using the "RAGE Performance" drivers from AMD and they don't fix shit. The fucked up artifacting/flickering and texture streaming problems are there. And the framerate is obviously fucked up.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
lol if you spin in a circle real fast all the textures are blurred and the screen tears like mad wow was not expecting this still gonna give it a shot and see if they can patch it up

edit: yes i have a radeon HD 6800

Derrick01

Banned
SalsaShark said:
what are you trying to do here? you sound like a child right now man, complaining about a game that's getting 8s and 9s in reviews..

from what we're seeing here now they must have all played the console version. The PC version seems to be so bad it may just be a dev build after all.

I mean...I hope it is at least. The early say is not good :(

Peterthumpa

This is REALLY disappointing. I really didn't care about reviews, the setting and the graphics were the selling points for me.

With that in mind, why the FUCK is this game running like it is on GTX 580+ and similars?
Where's the whole "it'll scale for your hardware and blah blah blah" shitty talk?

I guess that there was a reason why nobody reviewed the PC version.

ID, I AM DISAPPOINT.

Zefah said:
Yep. I stopped playing because of it within 3 minutes of entering the game.

The flickering, texture load (or rather failure to load) and screen tearing bothered the shit out of me.

The framerate was smooth at least.

Yup, that's exactly what I was talking about, it's unplayable.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
ProtoCents said:
I'll check back into this OT on Friday. I think the PC performance discussion will die down by then.
I don't think it will. And I think this thread will be aptly named for that discussion.

bounchfx

so I activated my game on steam.. but I dont want to wait for the DL, so I'm installing it via disc... am I going to wind up with 2 copies or will it smartly put it where it needs to be ?

AwRy108

LeonSKennedy90 said:
But I thought this was id software and they can't do wrong?

You're also approaching a GameFAQs level of posting, definitely trying to pick a fight with that comment
and you're not in a very safe place to do so...

Wallach

Seriously, if you are waiting on PC version don't bother right now. Something is obviously completely dicked up on this build.

Good god, all of you having problems have triple or quadruple the performance on your pc's then mine..i'm completely scared...id what have you done?!

Wallach

Mutagenic said:
ATI Rage driver performance impressions would be welcome as soon as you guys install them, thanks.

Had them installed before the game unlocked, they don't do anything to help.

Geoff9920

AMD's new drivers don't help. Constant texture loading when looking around and a really annoying flashing issue. I don't know if it's an issue with Rage or AMD, but this shit needs fixed. Completely unplayable at the moment.

Specs:
i7 @ 3.4
8 GB RAM

trilobyte

Geforce GTX 460 here w/ Core 2 Duo and 4GB RAM. Just starting the game and it freezes every 2 seconds (even on lowest settings possible)

wtf :(

burgerdog

I'm guessing a refund is out of the question? Fuck, I ran witcher 2 with everything but über and that gave me 30fps. I get 10-15 in rage.

Peterthumpa

SalsaShark said:
reason was cause review copies were console ones
Time to stop Salsa, I really wanted this game to be flawless too (at least technically) but they didn't gave away PC review copies for a reason. Well, there's our reason in the last 30 posts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
burgerdog said:
I'm guessing a refund is out of the question? Fuck, I ran witcher 2 with everything but über and that gave me 30fps. I get 10-15 in rage.
This worries me.

Salsa

If these awful issues are THIS widespread i really hope we hear news of a patch before the game unlocks for me.. would be beyond surprising if we dont get one though.

Derrick01

Banned
trilobyte said:
Geforce GTX 460 here w/ Core 2 Duo and 4GB RAM. Just starting the game and it freezes every 2 seconds (even on lowest settings possible)

Why is it even detecting low settings? Compared to the specs you should be able to run it on near max. Damn they really fucked this up.

Oh I didn't notice the core 2 Duo part. That might explain some of the problem at least.

trilobyte said:

Oh GAWD, i have your specs minus the GTX460..I'm running GTX285, great!

EDIT: Great as in im fucked :(

Pretty much unplayable, another shitty pc game release, first Dead Island now this, and from ID of all people. Really hope they release a fix asap.

Gvaz

Banned
If someone later on could tell me how it runs on a system similar to this I'll be grateful (I'm slowly slumping off to bed):
Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.7
8GB DDR2
1GB 4890 @ 1920x1200

Like FPS wise and/or performance. I can't stand tearing but I generally can ignore popin.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I can't believe this is happening.

That special AMD driver did jack and shit to help this problem.

Flickering, artifacting, horrible texture load, constant tearing, and relatively shoddy framerates.

There's no way this could have escaped testing if there was any actual testing of the PC version. Most of us are on some very common setups.

This has really soured my opinion of id as a company. They were one of the few big developers I thought I could have faith in on the PC scene.

So I just awoke from the pod and left to reveal the "wasteland." Texture's pop in when you quickly turn with the mouse, and texures far away look like they just won't load properly...I'm getting consistent 60 FPS with 8x AA though. But I haven't done anything but literally look around as of yet. Looks kind of shitty and distracting with the texture pop in...

i7 920
12 GB RAM
GTX 580

Top Bottom