• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 01:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Cuban Legend

actually that looks like pretty decent driving for a sim with no assists.

oh wait i see, holyshit lol

Also I just understand why you said that. For the record, as much as I have flipped the car due to lack of skill, I did that purposely in celebration of finally getting a decent lap in :P
Dilly
(10-14-2011, 01:16 PM)
I'm at about 1.24-1.25 with the Formula B at Imola, really starting to feel the game a bit better.
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 01:22 PM)
Record a video :) I want to see how you attack it!

I lose a whole bunch of time on the last few corners. If I attack them I spin or run wide.
Dilly
(10-14-2011, 01:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Foliorum Viridum

Record a video :) I want to see how you attack it!

I lose a whole bunch of time on the last few corners. If I attack them I spin or run wide.

I'll try and record something tonight, first have to go to college!

There really isn't a big margin for error though, it's quite easy to get it wrong. Never really raced on Imola before either.
Stop It
Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
(10-14-2011, 01:32 PM)

Also I just understand why you said that. For the record, as much as I have flipped the car due to lack of skill, I did that purposely in celebration of finally getting a decent lap in :P

A likely story.

I wonder how quickly the game will progress as we watch. As soon as the game gets online play, I'm going to be all over it.
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 01:57 PM)
1:27.5xx and I was so close to flipping on several corners, heh.

I kinda like that although there's not much content at the moment we can still have a competitive element like this.
fresquito
(10-14-2011, 02:12 PM)
I think my time is around 1,30 at Imola with the FB. But I've spent most time tweaking the setup for my DFGT until it felt better. I had problems with my pedals too and that I have solved. Then I've been racing some laps at Con Hill and trying the different cars. So once I did that lap, I haven't spent any more time with the FB at Imola. I think I can do quite better. Let's see if today's build fixes the lag input.

I like both circuits. They are totally different. My highlight so far is the first few corners at Con Hill at full throttle with the FB.

As for my favourite cars so far I'd go with the FB and the Lotus77. Both are awesome.
Joseph Merrick
#2 Tingle Fan
(right after Beezy)
(10-14-2011, 02:17 PM)

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea...rite-track!-V2

I went with Spa... tough choice, though!

I voted historical tracks actually, surprising even myself

but definitely NEED nordschleife, spa, suzuka, zandvoort and monaco

potreo de los funes would be great. and old spa. and catalunya. and targa florio :-D
brotkasten
A bitter, cynical, safe moist as dude
(10-14-2011, 02:26 PM)
The game looks gorgeous, but it has the same problem all other PC sims have. I'm just not interested in driving those cars and I'd love to have some regular production cars in it. I know I'm aone with this opinion here, but damn, just look at it and imagine to drive the Maserati Gran Turismo in cockpit view with those graphics.
markao
(10-14-2011, 03:00 PM)

Originally Posted by amar212

DTM on Imola.

My God, Imola /*tears/

So amazing, so freaking amazing, I want to buy a PC after 10 years I scraped the damn PC out of my house thinking it is forever - and start to play this.

What is the ETA for this? Is there any concrete track list being thrown around? Is it online-only game? Are there going to be any road cars with stock values and no-racing tires? I want answers while I browsing for hardware-parts, I am amazed in levels of 2007.

Thank in advance GAF!

Other questions already answered, leaves ETA: 16/18 months.
TheProDaniel
(10-14-2011, 03:02 PM)
Really impressed so far. G25 just broke but that's nothing a soldering iron and 6 bottles of cleanskins can't fix!
Shawsie64
(10-14-2011, 03:03 PM)
Really impressed so far. G25 just broke but that's nothing a soldering iron and 12 bottles of cleanskins can't fix!
Joseph Merrick
#2 Tingle Fan
(right after Beezy)
(10-14-2011, 03:04 PM)

Originally Posted by brotkasten

Maserati Gran Turismo

christ on a bike
TheProDaniel
(10-14-2011, 03:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Shawsie64

Really impressed so far. G25 just broke but that's nothing a soldering iron and 12 bottles of cleanskins can't fix!

If you're gonna do something, do it properly. That reminds me, me kitchen draw broke. =(
Shawsie64
(10-14-2011, 03:06 PM)

Originally Posted by TheProDaniel

If you're gonna do something, do it properly. That reminds me, me kitchen draw broke. =(

Create a draw
fresquito
(10-14-2011, 03:48 PM)

Originally Posted by markao

Other questions already answered, leaves ETA: 16/18 months.

Missed that one. Yeah, something along this.

Originally Posted by brotkasten

The game looks gorgeous, but it has the same problem all other PC sims have. I'm just not interested in driving those cars and I'd love to have some regular production cars in it. I know I'm aone with this opinion here, but damn, just look at it and imagine to drive the Maserati Gran Turismo in cockpit view with those graphics.

Become a member. Propose this. Be vocal and convincing about it. Maybe win?
Fezan
(10-14-2011, 04:44 PM)

Originally Posted by TheProDaniel

Really impressed so far. G25 just broke but that's nothing a soldering iron and 6 bottles of cleanskins can't fix!

Originally Posted by Shawsie64

O_o
Betta Lines
(10-14-2011, 04:54 PM)
Does putting money towards the development of this result in a cheaper game to buy at release?
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Fezan

O_o

Managing alt accounts is hard.
Xanadu
Banned
(10-14-2011, 05:02 PM)
Blizzard
(10-14-2011, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Xanadu

Don't you mean 24? (I don't even know what cleanskins are)
fresquito
(10-14-2011, 05:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Pazuzu9

Does putting money towards the development of this result in a cheaper game to buy at release?

No, it means you will have it for free on release. Plus you can earn money depending on the profits and how much you invested (your tool pack). For more information I recommend reading the terms and conditions here: http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php
TheProDaniel
(10-14-2011, 06:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Xanadu

Kyaw
(10-14-2011, 06:12 PM)
Has the new build arrived yet?

Two cool shots from 'overcast' weather setting (not mine):

Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 06:23 PM)
Server is being hammered :( I want the new build!
BrLvgThrChmstry
Banned
(10-14-2011, 06:28 PM)

Server is being hammered :( I want the new build!

Yeah, 22% here. 25-30 minutes remaining though. Not too bad...
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 06:30 PM)
Mine has gone up to speed now.

About 400mb bigger than the last build. Good sign!
fresquito
(10-14-2011, 06:33 PM)
Remember it is recommended to uninstall the old build first.
Betta Lines
(10-14-2011, 07:01 PM)

Originally Posted by fresquito

No, it means you will have it for free on release. Plus you can earn money depending on the profits and how much you invested (your tool pack). For more information I recommend reading the terms and conditions here: http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

Aha. So you need to pay at least 25 to become a Team Member, then you'll get the game for free. But what if you just pay 10 to be a Junior? You're just paying for a demo?
desu
(10-14-2011, 07:02 PM)
New tracks, dunno if new cars. DX11 bug on nvidia still not fixed for me.
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 07:05 PM)

Aha. So you need to pay at least 25 to become a Team Member, then you'll get the game for free. But what if you just pay 10 to be a Junior? You're just paying for a demo?

I'm not sure, but ten euros for a monthly demo isn't too bad of a deal, to be honest.

Installing new build now!
fresquito
(10-14-2011, 07:06 PM)

You have some input and you will be able to play all content before release. And you can upgrade to Team Member anytime paying the extra 15
Dilly
(10-14-2011, 07:07 PM)
Just did a 1.25.4 after 3 laps, I'll upload it now.
Betta Lines
(10-14-2011, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by fresquito

You have some input and you will be able to play all content before release. And you can upgrade to Team Member anytime paying the extra 15

Aha. Sounds good!
desu
(10-14-2011, 07:18 PM)
Dunno if its because I got around to install the G25 software or because of the new build. But driving feels so much better for me now (probably didnt test the last build enough).

Has anyone played the testrack ? It seems shifting doesnt work there?
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 07:28 PM)
Shifting works fine for me.
desu
(10-14-2011, 07:31 PM)

Shifting works fine for me.

With 2-3 cars I couldnt shit automatic or manual setting. After getting reset to the garage it worked.
Dilly
(10-14-2011, 07:45 PM)
Here's my lap around Imola Foliorum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RRv3WeCbRY
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(10-14-2011, 07:48 PM)
You make it look so easy!

A few small differences in how I take some corners so I'll try to put in a better time on Sunday :)
brotkasten
(10-14-2011, 07:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Dilly

My God, it looks so good.
fresquito
(10-14-2011, 07:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Dilly

Awesome.
desu
(10-14-2011, 07:51 PM)

brotkasten
(10-14-2011, 07:53 PM)
I really need to try this.

How does it compare to iRacing?
Dilly
(10-14-2011, 08:34 PM)
A race against the AI with Open Wheelers is quite spectacular.
Kyaw
(10-14-2011, 08:36 PM)
How is the pre-alpha AI?

I might just get it tonight. :o
BobsRevenge
I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
(10-14-2011, 08:36 PM)
Fuck it, I'm buying this this weekend. Gorgeous game and I'm always looking for excuses to use my wheel.
Dilly
(10-14-2011, 08:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyaw

How is the pre-alpha AI?

I might just get it tonight. :o

It's quite funny, when the wheels of open wheelers touch a bit too hard the cars get launched in the air like you'd expect in real life, but it's a bit exaggerated.

They just don't drive on their line like in the GT games, but it needs a lot of tweaking. Sometimes they don't know you're there and they crash quite a lot.

-edit-

Uploading an AI video right now, it'll be done in about an hour.
Last edited by Dilly; 10-14-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Branson
(10-14-2011, 09:25 PM)
I want to try this. So it's 25 euros/dollars to get into it fully? And you get free updates with that? Like minecraft?
Last edited by Branson; 10-14-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Kyaw
(10-14-2011, 09:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Branson

I want to try this. So it's 25 euros/dollars to get into it fully? And you get free updates with that? Like minecraft?

It's sort of like minecraft. You test the game out, provide feedback, comment on what you want in the game and if enough people want it then it will be put in.

The minimum toolpack is 10 euros.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews...-and-fees-101/

You get the final game for free too. (I think, it could also be the last build before retail release)
You will be paid back your 10,25 or whatever euros you have put in when the game goes on sale and if it sell more than 250k, you'll get some profit too!
Dilly
(10-14-2011, 09:52 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHR6YGvnw-E

3 Lap race. The Lotus F1 88 car against 15 AI opponents. Quite some funky AI bugs going on there!