• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

Arucardo

Dx9 hehe , dont want to stress my poor pc more than necessary

Def. worth trying the dx11 shortcut (it's actually dx10 with that card since 11 is backwards compatible with dx 10 cards) and the 3D Vision thing that was mentioned. Though the 3D Vision drivers haven't caused any problems on my system and I tend to use 3D every now and then (watched Tintin last week, heh) on my pc.

Can anybody share their wheel settings with me? I have a Driving Force GT and I just can't figure what's best to use. 900 degrees seems like too much and I'm hesitant to touch all the other settings.

I use "allow game to adjust settings" in the Logitech profiler. If I want a quicker steering ratio, I'll adjust it in the car's setup.

The ffb seems to change every build, so I don't bother chasing it. I turn it down to 50%, and call it a day. There's a DFGT thread on the wmd forums with some settings if you're interested though.

markao

Nobody is playing my combo: I feel sad :-(
To busy with other things and spare time is going in to SC2. I still have to grow a pair to go online with that one, so I need the practise in that one a little more ;), but hopefully will have an hour to have a go tonight.

Regarding FFB, I'm in the same boat as BT, delete my old one each week and just set my setting like the devs (make sure you understand calibration process) and report if something feels odd/wrong. Next Friday we will have an other update and spending to much time fine tweaking FFB each week is rather a waist of time for me.

Arucardo

I was expecting more of a challenge this week :p . I'm just about to fire the game up and put in some more laps with a slightly different tune.

desu

So I noticed that not all people post their time, some forget to post their better times and so on. So I wrote a little program to create a list of all times based on the member list mclaren posted a couple of pages ago. This would be a little easier than looking through all the posts all the time...

Now possibly not everyone wants their time on the list, so I wonder if its okay with everyone? Sample of this weeks list:

NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #8 - Formula B @ Monterey (Build 207)

Arucardo - 1:06.932
Dilly - 1:07.231
kafiend - 1:08.299
fresquito - 1:09.800
_machine - 1:10.832
desu - 1:11.800
jet1911 - 1:12.994
magawolaz - 1:14.465
Globehopper - 1:14.500
pappakenoo - 1:15.564
felipepl - 1:18.899

fresquito

So I noticed that not all people post their time, some forget to post their better times and so on. So I wrote a little program to create a list of all times based on the member list mclaren posted a couple of pages ago. This would be a little easier than looking through all the posts all the time...

Now possibly not everyone wants their time on the list, so I wonder if its okay with everyone? Sample of this weeks list:

pappakenoo - 1:17.666
Awesome job. But I like it better without dilly :-D

_machine

That's great work, Desu.

Since my nick is outdated on the list here's my crappy pad-time: 1:10.832.
Didn't have time to plug in the wheel and had to throw a quick time with the pad.

I use "allow game to adjust settings" in the Logitech profiler. If I want a quicker steering ratio, I'll adjust it in the car's setup.

The ffb seems to change every build, so I don't bother chasing it. I turn it down to 50%, and call it a day. There's a DFGT thread on the wmd forums with some settings if you're interested though.
Thanks, I'll check it out. Seems like they added a bunch of new tracks in the latest build. I could be wrong, though.

desu, for a reason I won't go in to here, I'm not going to be doing the TT challenges much longer.

That's pretty damn awesome. Would you like to take over just running it every week? I want it to continue :) You've just made yourself a prime candidate for it!

desu

desu, for a reason I won't go in to here, I'm not going to be doing the TT challenges much longer.

That's pretty damn awesome. Would you like to take over just running it every week? I want it to continue :) You've just made yourself a prime candidate for it!

Hope you are alright.

I guess that fits perfectly then, will post the results from now on.

Haha, yeah I'm not dying or anything. Just going to be doing a project which will conflict with this in a way :)

Cool, glad to know we have someone who is willing! I didn't know who to ask. I look forward to no longer worrying I've missed someone's time in a post when I read this thread :p

pappakenoo - 1:17.666

That's awesome and totally cool with me! I haven't posted any times yet because, well, just look at it :) But I like the automatic collection and have no problem being included in it.

Lucius86

Banned
Yeah I'm not dying or anything.

thumb_1332710610306.png

Blizzard

Banned
Haha, yeah I'm not dying or anything. Just going to be doing a project which will conflict with this in a way :)

Cool, glad to know we have someone who is willing! I didn't know who to ask. I look forward to no longer worrying I've missed someone's time in a post when I read this thread :p
So you got hired by rFactor? QQ We'll miss you.

Uh that was a joke, haha. After 400 hours in F1 2010/11 I know that's what they need to hire :p But thanks anyway! Nah nothing glamourous at all, not in the industry. I sound like a cock tease now but there's valid reasons for not saying what it is! I didn't mean to make it sound like a mystery.

But yeah, I'll still be in this thread and taking part in it and all! I need to pad out the lower parts of the table, after all. I can't let Orgun be the only slow one here. ;)

Arucardo

Bah, now that I got used to the FB I was all over the place when I decided to give the FA a quick try on this weeks track.

Got close to beating my record but no cigar, I'd be looking at a nearly perfect lap to beat it, though I'm sure if markao gave it a go he'd blow my time away D: .

EDIT: Oh crap, he's getting closer already!

markao

Bah, now that I got used to the FB I was all over the place when I decided to give the FA a quick try on this weeks track.

Got close to beating my record but no cigar, I'd be looking at a nearly perfect lap to beat it, though I'm sure if markao gave it a go he'd blow my time away D: .

EDIT: Oh crap, he's getting closer already!
I did not know what you or others did, I was occupied with the 1.07 barrier :p and tonight could not get a ok-ish last sector to break it. Not sure if I have time tomorrow before deadline, but I will give it a go later, because I just hate not braking such a target ;)

My best sofar: 1:07.067

Xun

Uh that was a joke, haha. After 400 hours in F1 2010/11 I know that's what they need to hire :p But thanks anyway! Nah nothing glamourous at all, not in the industry. I sound like a cock tease now but there's valid reasons for not saying what it is! I didn't mean to make it sound like a mystery.

But yeah, I'll still be in this thread and taking part in it and all! I need to pad out the lower parts of the table, after all. I can't let Orgun be the only slow one here. ;)
Personal project?

I know you can't divulge, but I'm just saying. :p

Arucardo

I did not know what you or others did, I was occupied with the 1.07 barrier :p and tonight could not get a ok-ish last sector to break it. Not sure if I have time tomorrow before deadline, but I will give it a go later, because I just hate not braking such a target ;)

My best sofar: 1:07.067

Honestly I wish I'd recorded that lap, I'd love to go have a look at it to see where I could improve to get that last 0.048 seconds for the WR.

New build is out (as a 110Mb patch) and here's the changelog:

Build 211 (11/5/12, Team Member+)
NEW PROFILE REQUIRED
Do not shift into neutral when stalling and using manual gears
Disable crash recovery for all cars
Fix in final builds not saving out texturing information for skys
Harrison Pike Raceway - Add new textures for video wall
R500 and BAC Mono: revert tire force reduction in favor of a true FFB fix
Palmer JPLM: suspension animation runtime files. All LODs fully skinned
BAC MONO: Added new liveries
Besos foliage snapped to ground
Besos texture updates
Kart01: fixed 'gear_to' hand position, and offsets in cdv,cdp
Added applinks for the new Helmet and Speed Sensitive FOV options being added
Pagani Zonda R - Removing un-used placeholder interior texture
Harrison Pike - added white line textures for the build
New AIW for the new track and objects - Harrison Pike. Fixes most AI issues
Dropped final drive for better Harrison Pike gearing. Updated AI tyres for more straight line stabilty. Stockcar oval
New Palmer JPLM export
New Besos exports
New Loire export
New Harrison Pike export

Build 210 (10/5/12, Senior Manager)
Crash damage effect torque is now correctly scaled when applied to player vehicle while in contact with the world
Updated applying of forces to player vehicle, resulting from ground material change, while vehicle is in contact with the world
Updated comments about applying forces and torques to player vehicle
FFB: Default steering gain set to 1.0 for all wheels
Rearranged the T1/2 icons.
Harrison Pike Raceway - Add new textures for speaker poles and marshal shelters
New Pit Stands - export files .dds, .mtx, .vhf, .meb, .xml
First revision of Harrision pike inner trees
Updated HUD maps for Glencairn
Adding Besos HUD maps
Updated the Besos maps
Added Besos and Glencairn co-ords
Ariel Atom : removed duplicate files

Build 209 (9/5/12, Manager+)
Integrated particle system fixes
Change default Fanatec CSRE gain to 1.0
FFB: Reduce base drag a little
FFB: Reinstate all additional forces apart from kerbs, damper and spring
Caterham R500 and BAC Mono: Fix for steering pulling right under braking. Also set pushrods to match model so caster changes have the correct effect on weight jacking.
Harrison_Pike_Raceway - add new textures for Start finish podium
Pagani Zonda R: moved roof camera
Pagani Zonda R: fixed LODB rim UVs, fixed RR caliper pivot
Harrison_Pike_Raceway - Add new textures for Digital timer Board
Pagani Zonda R: minimum steering ratio lowered to 5.0:1
Leonus 86: added more space between feet, so they won't collide anymore
BAC Mono: Checked all LODs and fixed some minor bugs (see forum for details)
New tribunes related textures for Harrison Pike
Revert speed sensitive FOV experiment pending menu options
Fixed positioning of track HUD map
Adding Glencairn set of HUD maps
New BAC Mono export
New Zonda R export
New Harrison Pike Raceway export

Build 208 (7/5/12, Senior Manager)
Zonda steering wheel issue fixed
Few small bug fixes
New Pagani Zonda R export

Blizzard

Banned
Someone had better volunteer, because if it comes down to me and I download the latest version, I'm going to pick some car and force everyone to do Azure Coast.

markao

And you picked up my late improvement, even when I forgot to post it. Looking for a new Tv was more time consuming as I thought and still did not pick one, to much choice now a days ;)

If Arucardo has not picked one before, give him the honor, or otherwise just pick some nice short/national lay-out (shorter laps, easier for people who do not know the track).

Arucardo

And you picked up my late improvement, even when I forgot to post it. Looking for a new Tv was more time consuming as I thought and still did not pick one, to much choice now a days ;)

If Arucardo has not picked one before, give him the honor, or otherwise just pick some nice short/national lay-out (shorter laps, easier for people who do not know the track).

You beat me fair and square, I'll pick the car (Zonda R ;) ) you can pick the track.

Bologna again? :(

Zonda will be fun though. Haven't driven it yet. Got my new CPU in my PC today so I'm going to overclock it to hell and hopefully that means I'll be able to squeeze more out of this game!

Arucardo

Man, I haven't got a clue how the fastest guys go below 29 on this track, I don't think I can even manage going under 31.

EDIT: Ok, I'm starting to see it, I've been underestimating this car a bit :p .

malyce

magawolaz - 1:14.465
pappakenoo - 1:15.564

Totally forgot about this, but i had a short session the first day i think... casper: 1:08.228

Top Bottom