• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daytona USA announced for XBLA, PSN

Jim

Holy shit!
$9.99, XBLA and PSN, multiplayer, supports racing wheels, widescreen, and coming in 2 weeks.

SEGA Revs Up the Engines for Daytona® USA

Classic Arcade Racer Coming to Home Consoles with Online Multiplayer This Month

SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced the triumphant return of the cherished arcade racer, Daytona® USA, coming this month to home consoles. Speeding out of the past from its 1993 debut, Daytona® USA will be racing onto Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®Network. The classic title has been tuned up and overhauled with enhanced graphics, steering wheel support and, for the first time on home consoles, online multiplayer. Daytona® USA will be available as a speedy digital download in North America on October 25 for PlayStation®Network ($9.99) and October 26 for Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox360 (800 Microsoft Points), and in late November in Europe.

Since its arcade debut, Daytona® USA has stood the test of time as one of SEGA’s top racing titles, thanks to its colorful tracks for drivers of all skill levels, breakneck-speed gameplay and competitive head-to-head multiplayer options. The game’s iconic soundtrack is instantly recognizable to SEGA and racing fans everywhere, and every detail of the original hit has been meticulously preserved, polished and presented for the ultimate version of Daytona® USA.

The re-release of Daytona® USA features:
  • Fresh Oil and a New Coat of Paint: Experience the classic retro graphics of the original arcade hit in an enhanced,16:9 widescreen format
  • Let’s Go Away: Relive your glory days of racing to the sounds of the original Daytona® USA soundtrack, also available in Karaoke Mode (admit it, you know you have been singing along anyway)
  • Pedal to the Metal: Drive like a pro with included support for the Logitech GT Driving Force steering wheel controller on PS3™, and all Xbox 360-supported steering wheel controllers
  • Reach the Winner’s Circle: Challenge AI opponents in Arcade Mode, race the clock in Survival and Time Trial Modes, and trade paint with up to eight players in online multiplayer to place on the worldwide leaderboard

Orayn

Whoa, they got the rights to the name back? I was almost certain this was going to be "Sega Racing Classic." Excellent! Hopefully it's arcade-perfect...

*faints*

I...I can't believe it. And I don't have to wait a year for it. It's coming in two weeks.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYTOOOOOOOOOOOONAAA!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
kokujin said:
This better be the Model 2 version.
Pretty sure it will be considering all the other ports have been on that DC/Naomi generation HW. I don't care and will take it either way.

Xater

Well we figured all that out through the previous announcment's terms and conditions, but it's nice to have it in an official way.

Edit: I meant the price and date.

Futureman

I thought 800 points was like $6?

Whatever, I'll pick this up and pretend I'm back on vacation when I was 10 years old begging my mom for quarters so I could go to the arcade on the boardwalk and play DAYYYYYYTONA.

Xater

Wait a second...

Daytona® USA will be available as a speedy digital download in North America on October 25 for PlayStation®Network ($9.99) and October 26 for Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox360 (800 Microsoft Points), and in late November in Europe.

WTF Sega? W T F???

Tain

aahahah karaoke mode.

I'm really curious about the controls. Part of me wants to say that they must be really strange to adapt to an analog stick, explaining Daytona DC's controls. I guess we'll see with this release.

UnluckyKate said:
I don't get it. Same graphics, but 16:9 ?

Model 2 still looks great in my eyes, for some weird reason. I guess it's because all the polygonal shapes were so clean.

Not sure if the textures will still be blocky, though. Would be cool if they could clean those up.

Temujin

Daytona® USA will be available as a speedy digital download in North America on October 25 for PlayStation®Network ($9.99) and October 26 for Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox360 (800 Microsoft Points), and in late November in Europe.

What the hell is this about? Sega got some 'splainin' to do.

Top Bottom