• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Medal Of Honor Announcement Teased With BF3 Insert, Presumably Unveiling Soon

See You Next Wednesday said:
Let's no get overboard with that. The SP is at best, decent.

A 4 hour game with only the second half being good.
Even then, the "good" parts are littered with bad game design & terrible amateurish scripting.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. I thought the entire game was superb except for perhaps the heli level. I had no issues with the scripting or the level design.

It is definately a short game but I knew that going in and I paid accordingly.

SmokyDave

Nert said:
Nah, it's a turn based JRPG featuring lawyers starting their own practice in an effort to uncover the truth of it all.

The last boss is God.
If there's one thing I'm sick of this generation, it's turn-based JRPG's featuring lawyers. No sale.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Nert said:
Nah, it's a turn based JRPG featuring lawyers starting their own practice in an effort to uncover the truth of it all.

The last boss is God.
I'd much rather have this exist as a joke game than Dudebro 2. What are the Barkley Gaiden guys doing these days?

Colocho

Banned
I've never understood the praise MOH's SP campaign gets while every COD campaign gets laughed at. I really don't see the difference, they're both your run of the mill dudebro shooters, both have crappy stories, the only difference is that COD runs at 60 fps on consoles which makes infinitely better and it has plenty of those "cinematic" moments which makes them a much better experience.

Xater

Colocho said:
I've never understood the praise MOH's SP campaign gets while every COD campaign gets laughed at. I really don't see the difference, they're both your run of the mill dudebro shooters, both have crappy stories, the only difference is that COD runs at 60 fps on consoles which makes infinitely better and it has plenty of those "cinematic" moments which makes them a much better experience.

Me neither. As much as I am ind of done with COD I would probably take any of their campaigns over MOH. MOH just felt absolutely forgettable and was plagued by bad scripting.

Colocho said:
MoH is more grounded and realistic in terms of setting and setpieces. For that alone, I liked it better than CoDBlops's SP.

Jb

Colocho said:
I would guess it 's because of the overall tone of the game. For as many military shooters that have come out in the past years none has really tried to replicate what our military is going through in the ME.

And for as janky and poorly executed as most of the campaign was, I really like this approach.

Edit: what he said ^^

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Sephiroth503 said:
Never played the last one, is it worth a pop? SP obviously as I assume the MP is dead and buried by now.
The MP is still active on PC, at least.

Tron 2.0

Snarfington said:
What I want to know is why it's supposedly the 360 version's insert, but only has PSN/PS3 logos on it. Hmm.
The picture in the OP is not from the unboxing video linked in the OP.

You can tell because the picture is a Euro insert, but the video's copy is clearly from North America.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BigJiantRobut said:
What's the point of juggling two semi-realistic modern war game franchises? Seems cannibalistic.
I think the plan is to alternate years so that they aren't going head to head while still allowing full dev cycles.

2San

Bought MoH on a steam went in with no expectations. It was pretty average from what I played, I got bored after 90 minutes.The multiplayer was bad as well imo, it has no place in the current market. I'm surprised people liked the game since it screams mediocrity in every way, it doesn't do anything to set itself apart either. Are there really people excited to play a sequel to that?

Activision does the interesting alternate between Modern Warfare and WWII/ Cold War games.

What would be different between BF3 SP and MOH SP?

I... can't see it working that well.

XPE

StoppedInTracks said:
Activision does the interesting alternate between Modern Warfare and WWII/ Cold War games.

What would be different between BF3 SP and MOH SP?

I... can't see it working that well.

This is going to be the big problem, there is very little point with this game if its going to be like BF3

Tron 2.0

XPE said:
This is going to be the big problem, there is very little point with this game if its going to be like BF3
I didn't play the last Medal of Honor, but my understanding is that the multiplayer was more akin to Call of Duty than Battlefield.

Battlefield and Call of Duty multiplayer are very different.

Singleplayer? Well, the games aren't sold on their singleplayer. I guess that could be a problem for those that buy the games for the campaign.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
RoboPlato said:
Cool. I liked MoH quite a bit. I'm definitely in for a sequel.

I liked it too. Though it definitely spawned a number of sequels of steadily diminishing quality.
1035119613-00.jpg

;P

GQman2121

Banned
This is funny because I just picked up the previous game on the PS3 because its on sale this week for $15. I really want to see Frontline in HD.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
GQman2121 said:
This is funny because I just picked up the previous game on the PS3 because its on sale this week for $15. I really want to see Frontline in HD.

That's a download code with new copies, right?

EDIT: PS3 only, too, right?

XPE

Tron 2.0 said:
Singleplayer? Well, the games aren't sold on their singleplayer. I guess that could be a problem for those that buy the games for the campaign.

Battlefield Yes MOH I'm not to sure about that I remember enjoying the 1st one and it add on quite a bit.

Tron 2.0 said:
I didn't play the last Medal of Honor, but my understanding is that the multiplayer was more akin to Call of Duty than Battlefield.

Battlefield and Call of Duty multiplayer are very different.

Plenty of people (perhaps not the majority but a significant number that Activision and EA would be foolish to ignore) do buy these games for the single player campaigns.

Tron 2.0

XPE said:
Battlefield Yes MOH I'm not to sure about that I remember enjoying the 1st one and it add on quite a bit.
Sorry, I should have said that in the post-Modern Warfare era the games are primarily multiplayer driven. The early games certainly had more noteworthy campaigns.

Neuromancer said:
Plenty of people (perhaps not the majority but a significant number that Activision and EA would be foolish to ignore) do buy these games for the single player campaigns.
Well I don't doubt they'll continue to include a campaign mode, but the games are unquestionably marketed and sold based on their multiplayer.

Would the sales of Battlefield or Call of Duty be significantly hurt if the games went multiplayer only? I doubt it, but I'm sure Activision and EA have the data to tell us.

Tron 2.0 said:
Sorry, I should have said that in the post-Modern Warfare era the games are primarily multiplayer driven. The early games certainly had more noteworthy campaigns.

Well I don't doubt they'll continue to include a campaign mode, but the games are unquestionably marketed and sold based on their multiplayer.

Would the sales of Battlefield or Call of Duty be significantly hurt if the games went multiplayer only? I doubt it, but I'm sure Activision and EA have the data to tell us.
I disagree, looking at how many campaign trailers they put out. If anything I'd say it's a 50/50 split, in terms of what makes it to the average consumer. Part of that could be that story trailers look more coherent than MP footage though.

Colocho

Banned
Neuromancer said:
I mostly agree with this, but I don't think plenty people buy it for the SP campaign, I just think a lot of people wouldn't buy it if it didn't have one, so yeah it's in their best interest to include one.

Raide

New MoH? Time to reboot the games and start from WWII again. Pretty much everyone is going after CoD's modern military shooter crown and that leaves the WWII section nearly empty. Start it all again!

Imbarkus

GQman2121 said:
I think its on the disc. I'll have to check when I get home. I haven't opened it yet.

Is it?

olore said:
MoH:AA redone in Frostbite/Epic/IdTech Whatever would be cool

At this point I think the Allied Assault name has more weight to it then Medal of Honor. They should still go back and make a true sequel to the first game.

I was immensely disappointed with MoH 2010, hopefully they do a much better job with the sequel.

Some moments of the SP were very good, and were more down to Earth and authentic than anything a CoD/BF campaign has ever come close to presenting. But the overall campaign was very meh imho and had way too many bugs and design issues for a retail release. The game was so linear that sometimes if you strayed too far from the set path, invisible enemies would kill you. Also, in the later levels there were tons of enemy spawn issues. Playing Tier 1 mode or whatever and getting to the end of a level only to die because infinite enemies keep spawning behind you sucks.

And the MP.. ugh. No recoil on the guns, no content at all and then they tried to sell us DLC like 3 weeks after release.

Top Bottom