• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Overdoziz

Banned
yeah, Oman 4 Flags is (Head-On) Conquest and all the other variants on console (Wake 3 flag, Sharqi 3 flag, Sharqi 5 flag, Oman 3 Flag, Karkand 3 flag, Karkand 5 flag) are Assault Conquest.
Yeah, I figured that out today after playing. I don't get why there are multiple versions of the maps without the ability to filter between them.

JJD

Wow!!! After more than 1 month away from the game it's good to be back! What an amazing Tehran game Faceless!!! Just two gaffers and a team of randoms against 4 KoBF guys (lvl. 45, 29 and two 11) and we still won!

You were fucking awesome on the tank taking and holding A man! Probably the reason why we won the game. After that they all spawned at their base to capture C, and by the time they got to B the game was over.

Also, is it just me or the lag has gotten a little better? Didn't take more than 5 minutes to readjust and the controls felt much smoother...

Didn't a Dice manager said that they were going to announce something today?

Lourio

Hey guys, any active PS3 players? I been playing religiously and want get some games going on with some fellow GAFers.

PSN ID: Lourio

Oh yea, is there a way that I can setup my Battlefeed account other than doing it via in game? I keep jumping in games and forget to sign up lol.

Miggytronz

Hey guys, any active PS3 players? I been playing religiously and want get some games going on with some fellow GAFers.

PSN ID: Lourio

Oh yea, is there a way that I can setup my Battlefeed account other than doing it via in game? I keep jumping in games and forget to sign up lol.

online. Go to the website.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dream: Package found. I have it. Let me know whenever you want to play co-op, since it seems do-able but annoying. :/

TheSeks

How can I set down the needed kills for SQDM in the server browser of the PS3-version?

You can't. Custom server features are PC-only. Yes, it's fucking stupid.

Also Faceless let me know whenever you go back to Rush mode. Otherwise I'm going to level up in Call of Duty since no one is playing BF3 anymore. :/

olimpia84

Lost connection to the game, tried to re-join two seconds after being kicked out "the game is full". On top of that I'm given a loss to my stats. Fuck this game.

so, after 100 kills with the SV98... why are people complaining about sniping in BF3 again? the sway sucks, but the straight pull bolt is awesome!

You can't. Custom server features are PC-only. Yes, it's fucking stupid.

Also Faceless let me know whenever you go back to Rush mode. Otherwise I'm going to level up in Call of Duty since no one is playing BF3 anymore. :/

smh...

Lost connection to the game, tried to re-join two seconds after being kicked out "the game is full". On top of that I'm given a loss to my stats. Fuck this game.

the wins and losses only count towards your stats if you complete the game. names greyed out in the battlelog scoreboard just get a higher quit %

OG Kush

Just play the frickin game who cares about wins and losses.. I seriously believe some ppl are in doubt about how rushed BF3. The stock maps are shit (except firestorm, caspain) all huge clusterfucks, they COD-ified it a hell of a lot and now people just focus on unlocking shit and ranking up.
man, call me jaded but this ain't how its supposed to be. Do we really need 150 fucking guns and 100 different attachments and shit, just go simpler and more balanced IMO. all these stupid unlocks for vehicles. I don't even remember you dying this quick in BF2 as well.
i'm just pissed at the moment, might have to reinstall BF2 to relive the nostalgia.

JJD

The game is fine, people worrying about their stats is only natural, and amazingly some of the clusterfuck maps have grown on me. I actually appreciate Op. Metro conquest now. I think is a nice change of pace from the bigger maps.

I've also pretty much adapted to BF3 players hit points. When I began I thought players died too quickly in comparison to BC2, but now I'm OK with it. It's a nice trade off to guns not having pinpoint accuracy at extreme ranges IMO (Lol UZI BC2).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just got a nice gift: DICE Soldier tags.

Mad props to the BF3 Community Team.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Small photo:
N7GjL.jpg

TheSeks

ReggieNotMyProblem.jpg

"Faceless Battlefield 3: In the menus."

Me: :D!

DICE
EA
FROSTBITE ENGINE 2
DOLBY DIGITAL

BAHBAHBAHBAH--

Battlefield 3: Press Start

Loading your profile. Please don't turn the game console off.

Faceless: In the menus.

Me: :D!!!!!!!

"Join: Rush, 22 or there about to where there is room."

Go to inv--

Faceless: Battlefield 3: Shitty 3-Flag on Sharqi

Me: SMH. *goes to other games*

Seriously: Every. Single. Time!

:lol If you do that, I honestly don't notice since you're always in Conquest I'm like "yeah, I'm going to take a break *gets offline*"

i tend to join games already already in progress to play with people on my friends list, and most of them play Conquest. It's the same on 360, people scurr'd of Rush now. there's no incentive for defenders to do anything but camp and they have prone which helps greatly in that task.

TheSeks

i tend to join games already already in progress to play with people on my friends list, and most of them play Conquest. It's the same on 360, people scurr'd of Rush now. there's no incentive for defenders to do anything but camp and they have prone which helps greatly in that task.

Eh, throw some explosives. But I find Conquest boring after a few games, like I've said. So when you're in Conquest I go "yeah, I'll pass, I'm not feeling that."

In any case I'm about 25-50% through Survival Ops in MW3. That leaves the stupid hard Co-op and the do-able Veteran Singleplayer run and then I'll be done trophy whoring Dream's copy of the game that he gave me since he got another one.

KRS7

Hey what's up GAF.

Do any Xbox players seem to get a lot of freezes when the scoreboard is up at the same time as the respawn screen? It seems that if I am hitting back to look at the scoreboard while the kill cam is following the guy who killed me, and it then switches to the respawn screen with the scoreboard still up, it will freeze. Not all the time, but often enough that I noticed the pattern. It seems if I hit back again it usually goes better than if I hit B, which usually results in a total console freeze.

Relevant pic:

ZBykIl.jpg

Soma

That's interesting because i'm on PS3 and I get that same (or at least a really similar) freezing problem every so often. It would happen pretty randomly though. Sometimes after an hour of playing other times maybe like after 10 minutes of playing. I kinda just chalked it up to my PS3 acting up. It hasn't happened in a few weeks though so I dunno.

If I bring up the scoreboard during killcam and press "B," hard lock every time. On 360, obviously. You have to be very conscious about pressing "back" instead of "B."

Overdoziz

Banned
Why is it that Seine Crossing is the only map on which the game freezing for a few seconds every once in a while? Does anyone else have this problem? It doesn't happen on any other map.

olimpia84

My game froze again, what the fuccckkk. It's been really annoying lately, it's almost like I can't get more than 3 games straight without a disconnection or freeze. Fuck this shit

Hey, I've only played online for about 5 hours now but so far even with the hd pack the graphics online seem extremely botchy or whatever you want to call it which is making it harder for me to aim since the characters can be hard to see with all the jaggies and what not. Is something wrong with my copy/install or is the console version just like this? Besides this fact its awesome so far.

Miggytronz

Hey, I've only played online for about 5 hours now but so far even with the hd pack the graphics online seem extremely botchy or whatever you want to call it which is making it harder for me to aim since the characters can be hard to see with all the jaggies and what not. Is something wrong with my copy/install or is the console version just like this? Besides this fact its awesome so far.

erase the HD pack off your HDD and reinstall it.

did you install the game to your HDD? if you have uninstall that too. reinstall after you install your HD pack.

Daigoro

i think i need to reinstall my HDD pack as well. been getting some funky ass textures recently. hopefully that fixes it.

If I bring up the scoreboard during killcam and press "B," hard lock every time. On 360, obviously. You have to be very conscious about pressing "back" instead of "B."

i didnt even know you could pull up the scoreboard that way. ive always used back. maybe its better that i didnt know. hope i dont subconciously try the B button now that i know. lol

Why is it that Seine Crossing is the only map on which the game freezing for a few seconds every once in a while? Does anyone else have this problem? It doesn't happen on any other map.

yes. its the only map that does it for me too in several different areas of the map. its annoying, just one more reason to dislike that map for me.

its the perfect quit the server or sign off for the day map for me lately.

olimpia84

I lost connection AGAIN. At least it saved the ribbons I made in that last round which means I got my 3rd MCOM defender award. Only 47 to go for the medal

Calion

No one is going to believe this, but I actually won an Operation Metro Rush Attack round yesterday night. I want to believe it was because our team was better, but in reality, I know the enemy team wasn't competent. Oh well. I implemented a new tactic that did help us on the 3rd set a bit, but we'll see.

Still though. I do like that map for some reason, but it's just so fucking unbalanced.

JJD

No one is going to believe this, but I actually won an Operation Metro Rush Attack round yesterday night. I want to believe it was because our team was better, but in reality, I know the enemy team wasn't competent. Oh well. I implemented a new tactic that did help us on the 3rd set a bit, but we'll see.

Still though. I do like that map for some reason, but it's just so fucking unbalanced.

Huh? It's been ages since I played with you (mostly on BC2 waaay back) but you always seemed to be a pretty good player IMO!

Something happened that made you suck at BF? Because that's the only way I would have trouble believing you won a game! ;-)

TheSeks

Holy shit. They revamped the Bad Company site. Bad Company.ea.com doesn't go to the stats site anymore. It goes to Battlefield.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company. You can't check your stats at the EA supported site anymore. GG EA. I guess they're going to close the servers down soon. NOOOO I STILL NEED 6K MORE KILLS! D:

Top Bottom