• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I need to be the first one to post it:

Pearl%20Jam%20Ten.jpg

A few albums that are hard for me to break up in my head.

Girl Talk - Feed The Animals
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
Mew - And the Glass Handed Kites
Radiohead - The Bends and OK Computer
Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die

jambo

Draft

The last album I bought that felt like a cohesive thing from beginning to end, and was successful at maintaining a theme from track to track, and that just is fucking awesome:

c7lbW.jpg

Dr Eggman said:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xOqhiBlpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg[ /IMG][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=dustin][IMG]http://www.everythingathon.com/justice-cross-900.JPG[ /IMG][/QUOTE]
No album names, huh? I wish I could hate you to death. Both of you.
[QUOTE=HiResDes]Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars?...C'mon dog![/QUOTE]
Got a problem with that? I'd have put The Wiggles - Big Red Car in the OP too, but there probably aren't that many parents on GAF. I could launch into a defense of ABBA here, for instance.

Good music is good regardless of who listens to it or who it's aimed at.

Jeramii

Banned
Blu_LED said:
http://beatlesalbumcovers.net/wp-content/uploads/the-beatles-rubber-soul-album-cover-parlophone.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://beatlesalbumcovers.net/wp-content/uploads/the-beatles-sgt-peppers-lonely-hearts-club-band-album-cover.jpg[/MG]

Probably the only 2 actual perfect albums in this thread.[/QUOTE]

and you're welcome to that opinion.

Altazor

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here, The Beatles' A Hard Day's Night, Revolver, Sargeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road, The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds

MAYBE Radiohead's Kid A, Peter Gabriel's So, Yes' Close to the Edge (sorry prog rock haters), Genesis' A Trick of the Tail (sorry PG-era lovers or prog rock haters). Something more recent... maybe Opeth's Blackwater Park.

HiResDes

viciouskillersquirrel said:
No album names, huh? I wish I could hate you to death. Both of you.

Got a problem with that? I'd have put The Wiggles - Big Red Car in the OP too, but there probably aren't that many parents on GAF. I could launch into a defense of ABBA here, for instance.

Good music is good regardless of who listens to it or who it's aimed at.
I think Tyler has pretty much said all that needs to be said about Bruno...

Anth0ny

Michael Jackson - Thriller : Just to get the obvious out of the way. Every song on this album could have been released as a single. This album changed the world in its own minor way and showed us what pop music could be. Even the rejected songs like Streetwalker and For All Time were amazing.

Yup. I think Thriller is the only album I would deem perfect.

ShinAmano

Pearl Jam - Ten
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Nirvana - Unplugged in New York
Fear Factory - Obsolete
Lost Boyz - Legal Drug Money

jambo

Altazor said:
Yes' Close to the Edge (sorry prog rock haters), Genesis' A Trick of the Tail (sorry PG-era lovers or prog rock haters)

How could I forget those two gems?!

And fuck the haters!

Clegg

U2- The Joshua Tree

Seriously, Joshua tree has the 3 greatest opening songs of any album I've ever listened to.

Seriously, 'Where the Streets Have No Name' followed by 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' followed by 'With or Without You'. The last song is called 'Mothers of the Disappeared' which is underrated by just about everyone.

Of course, this is entirely subjective and in my opinion no album can ever be perfect. JT is just my favourite.

u2_-_1987_the_joshua_tree.jpg

etiolate

Banned
I love everything on Pearl Jam's first three albums. I think Ten makes the list here pretty easily. They also get bonus points for not only having solid albums, but enough material left over for b-side hits.

acheron_xl said:
Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die

Man! I was wracking my head trying to think of something that I couldn't make a significant complaint about. Don't know if this covers it, but it's awfully close.

If I could drop one track from LCD Soundsystem's 'This Is Happening' that would about do it too.

EDIT: If your favorite albums are exactly equivalent to albums you think are perfect, I do not understand the way that you hear music. Different strokes and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom