• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Saints Row: The Third Review

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just got the new issue of Play UK Magazine and it has a World Exclusive review of Saints Row: The Third. Score is above, will scan if there's a request to. Otherwise I'm lazy!

''It has its issues, it has its drawbacks, but Saints Row: The Third is an utterly wanton, totally ridiculous bag of laughs. It's difficult to dislike anyway, and even harder to dislike with such an enjoyable, escalatory campaign. Great stuff.''

Score: 88%

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/first-saints-row-3-review---88/1257752?page=1

Covers:

Play_211_BAG-small.jpg

Play_211-SMALL.jpg

Dennis

Banned
You know something is wrong with the state of reviews when my reaction to reading 88% was: "oh shit, bomba incoming!"

Keasar

Aw shit, if it only had been 91/100 I would have at least considered it, aw well, sad luck.

But seriously, I am so getting it, looks hilarious no matter what score, though a good review average is a bonus too. :p

OneLetter

pje122 said:
Why are there two of the same girl on the cover...?
Those are the DeWynter sisters.

Note the difference in sunglasses color. One is Viola (white), one is Kiki (pink) and they are identical twins. They are the top associates of Phillipe Loren from the Morningstar gang, and have business sense like no other.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gravijah said:
saints row 2 has a metacritic around 81, fwiw.
Was going to post this. These scores are still an improvement, and plenty of us loved SR2 despite the flaws and preferred it to GTA4.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Interfectum said:
88/100
9/10

hmm... disappointment of the year?
Shh. We're not allowed to joke around anymore.

MMaRsu said:
I hope those voices in the character creator arent fucking fjnal, wheres my black guy voice?

Uh.. The second one is the black guy voice.

inky

I can justify buying an 89% game 'cus there's a 9 in there, so it could be good, but an 88% one feels like an average game to me imho personally.

Corto

So 88% for a multiplatform sandbox game that's not from Rockstar and it's published by THQ? Pre-ordered.

mjc

Shahadan said:
What were the main problems with Saints Row 2, btw? Never played it.
The primary issue was that it was buggy as all get out. At least I remember that being an issue.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You people really need to learn to read the quotes instead of looking at the score and going ape shit over nothing.

''It has its issues, it has its drawbacks, but Saints Row: The Third is an utterly wanton, totally ridiculous bag of laughs. It's difficult to dislike anyway, and even harder to dislike with such an enjoyable, escalatory campaign. Great stuff.''

If that doesn't sound awesome then i don't know.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sn4ke_911 said:
You people really need to learn to read the quotes instead of looking at the score and going ape shit over nothing.

If that doesn't sound awesome then i don't know.
I'm pretty sure everyone's joking and trying to get a certain site desperate for hits to write another review on us.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Shahadan said:
What were the main problems with Saints Row 2, btw? Never played it.

Technical problems were the only things I could say were ever at fault really. Some game modes might not have been the best they could have been, but the game overall was just pure unadulterated fun.

Having both the PC and 360 versions of SR2 I have to say the buggyness and technical issues were never actual issues in the game, they were just noticeable hiccups every now and again, like how cars would often disappear after a short distance and new ones would appear. Goofy shit like that.

Top Bottom