• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Sanjuro
Banned
(02-21-2012, 03:39 AM)
Sanjuro's Avatar

Originally Posted by CygnusXS

Bonus Pool is what teams will be allowed to spend in the first 10 rounds of this year's draft. Really sucks if you're the Pirates, Rays, Nationals, or Diamondbacks.

They deserve it anyway. dem Twinkees.
jakncoke
The Win is Forever
(02-21-2012, 03:47 AM)
jakncoke's Avatar
Oh hey fucked over again.
Sanjuro
Banned
(02-21-2012, 03:55 AM)
Sanjuro's Avatar
Unlike those other markets you do have a fanbase...they just don't show up. :/
jakncoke
The Win is Forever
(02-21-2012, 04:01 AM)
jakncoke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

Unlike those other markets you do have a fanbase...they just don't show up. :/

Can ya blame people? I mean nearly 20 years of losing is a lot of misery to want to show up. If we become good again someday we'll definitely be selling out most games or coming really close.
RBH
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:01 AM)
RBH's Avatar
Because you all demanded it............more Braves spring training photos!





















Joe Shlabotnik
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:04 AM)
Joe Shlabotnik's Avatar
MIFUNE BREAKER
h3ro
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:06 AM)
h3ro's Avatar
lol
talisayNon
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:09 AM)
talisayNon's Avatar
The new cba is completely ree taahh ded.
Sanjuro
Banned
(02-21-2012, 04:12 AM)
Sanjuro's Avatar
What happens when you click that little GAF ball, h3ro?
h3ro
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:20 AM)
h3ro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

What happens when you click that little GAF ball, h3ro?

It automatically quotes the post and puts it in an extra window at the bottom of the page. It's a Grease monkey script, NeoGAF:Quick Quote, Reply & Edit. Comes in hand in Sports-age. Also has extra options for automatically adding spoiler, strikethrough and highlight brackets around selected text as well as subscription options.

Example:

McNei1y
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:33 AM)
McNei1y's Avatar

Originally Posted by RBH

Because you all demanded it............more Braves spring training photos!

What! I did no such thing.
Windu
never heard about the cat, apparently
(02-21-2012, 04:34 AM)
Windu's Avatar

Originally Posted by McNei1y

What! I did no such thing.

you did subconsciously. deep down, everyone loves the braves.
McNei1y
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:39 AM)
McNei1y's Avatar

Originally Posted by Windu

you did subconsciously. deep down, everyone loves the braves.



Sure, only when it was the 90's.
Dmncnby2k9
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:40 AM)
Dmncnby2k9's Avatar
heck, its nice to see some Spring Training pics. (even from the Braves.)
rekameohs
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:41 AM)
rekameohs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Windu

you did subconsciously. deep down, everyone loves the braves.

I do love this.
Mr. Enigma
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:49 AM)
Mr. Enigma's Avatar

Originally Posted by McNei1y



Sure, only when it was the 90's.

And when the Braves come to town to face the Nationals. Unless everyone in Nationals Park is wearing Braves caps and cheer Braves home runs to be ironic.
McNei1y
Member
(02-21-2012, 05:06 AM)
McNei1y's Avatar

Originally Posted by AnEternalEnigma

And when the Braves come to town to face the Nationals. Unless everyone in Nationals Park is wearing Braves caps and cheer Braves home runs to be ironic.



Then again we sell tickets in bulk to other fans.
Mr. Enigma
Member
(02-21-2012, 05:14 AM)
Mr. Enigma's Avatar

Originally Posted by McNei1y



Then again we sell tickets in bulk to other fans.

lol great GIF
evil solrac v3.0
(02-21-2012, 06:19 AM)
evil solrac v3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by eznark

An intelligent writer tearing the shit out of an idiot? I'm not sure. How is it confusing?


I meant the original article, not the rebuttal that dissected the guy.
Last edited by evil solrac v3.0; 02-21-2012 at 06:31 AM.
jakncoke
The Win is Forever
(02-21-2012, 01:05 PM)
jakncoke's Avatar
Is he saying "Fuck You Pussy" ?
Sharp
Member
(02-21-2012, 01:27 PM)

Originally Posted by AnEternalEnigma

And when the Braves come to town to face the Nationals. Unless everyone in Nationals Park is wearing Braves caps and cheer Braves home runs to be ironic.

That doesn't even really happen, at least not to the extent that it does with the Phils.
yankeehater
Member
(02-21-2012, 01:32 PM)
yankeehater's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sharp

That doesn't even really happen, at least not to the extent that it does with the Phils.

The other day on 94.1 they had someone call in and explain to people in Philly how they can get around the Nats efforts to block sales to people from Philly. It will be interesting to see how the crowd breaksdown for the games against the Phils this year.
Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
(02-21-2012, 02:40 PM)
Kave_Man's Avatar
Feels good, spring is soon upon us. My twitter feed is ripe with Blue Jays discussion.

All is good right now.
nemss
Member
(02-21-2012, 03:03 PM)
nemss's Avatar
Ah. Morning talk radio is no longer about the Rams, and why should it be?

Now, all the discussion is on the Cardinals, and to an extent, the Blues. Life....is good.
ToxicAdam
Banned
(02-21-2012, 03:56 PM)
ToxicAdam's Avatar


5th place in the Central, confirmed.
h3ro
Member
(02-21-2012, 03:57 PM)
h3ro's Avatar
I'm so ready for some Yanquis Beisbol™.

Sanjuro, did the Grease Monkey script work for you? It's like free GAF Gold.
Sanjuro
Banned
(02-21-2012, 04:06 PM)
Sanjuro's Avatar

Originally Posted by h3ro

I'm so ready for some Yanquis Beisbol™.

Sanjuro, did the Grease Monkey script work for you? It's like free GAF Gold.

Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet. I primarily use Chrome, but have been liking the new Firefox builds.
captmcblack
God-Tier ghetto pass
(02-21-2012, 04:07 PM)
captmcblack's Avatar
I was all up in this thread and then I saw some 50 posts ago some madness about GOD retiring at the end of this season, and I couldn't bring myself to post in the thread for a bit. :(
h3ro
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:12 PM)
h3ro's Avatar

Originally Posted by captmcblack

I was all up in this thread and then I saw some 50 posts ago some madness about GOD retiring at the end of this season, and I couldn't bring myself to post in the thread for a bit. :(

I'm sticking my head in the sand on that one. Not touching that subject until it happens.
Sanjuro
Banned
(02-21-2012, 04:18 PM)
Sanjuro's Avatar
He is old and washed up. Personally, I would hate the guy for not allowing great young talent like Dolph Ziggler David Robertson to get their shot.
h3ro
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:20 PM)
h3ro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

He is old and washed up. Personally, I would hate the guy for not allowing great young talent like Dolph Ziggler David Robertson to get their shot.

Robertson is ok but he'll never be as great as great champion papelbon.
SuperMalo
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:21 PM)
SuperMalo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

He is old and washed up. Personally, I would hate the guy for not allowing great young talent like Dolph Ziggler David Robertson to get their shot.

Are you trying to say Mo is Triple H?
Sanjuro
Banned
(02-21-2012, 04:21 PM)
Sanjuro's Avatar
Has Mo even been on the cover of a video game?

Joe Shlabotnik
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:22 PM)
Joe Shlabotnik's Avatar
He's my favoritest True Yankee ever and I will be heartbroken when he is gone. The kind of player I will inadequately describe seeing live to my hypothetical children.

In a strictly mercenary sabrehead sense, though, they'll be OK.
Sanjuro
Banned
(02-21-2012, 04:23 PM)
Sanjuro's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperMalo

Are you trying to say Mo is Triple H?

Mo is more like Ric Flair, except his wives don't hit him.
carlos
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:26 PM)
carlos's Avatar
Apparently Dan Uggla put on 20 more pounds of muscle during the offseason to add to his already popeyesque arms....I'm not seeing this as a good thing, since more than a few guys have ruined their swings by adding muscle. Not to mention loss of flexibility on the field.
SuperMalo
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:26 PM)
SuperMalo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

Mo is more like Ric Flair, except his wives don't hit him.

h3ro
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:28 PM)
h3ro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

Mo is more like Ric Flair, except his wives don't hit him.

papelbon is like cena then. no one wants to see him.


new wrestling is terrible.


Holy crap. Pineda is bigger/taller than CC? :O
Does he wear hammer pants too?
Last edited by h3ro; 02-21-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Joe Shlabotnik
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:29 PM)
Joe Shlabotnik's Avatar

Originally Posted by carlos

Apparently Dan Uggla put on 20 more pounds of muscle during the offseason to add to his already popeyesque arms....I'm not seeing this as a good thing, since more than a few guys have ruined their swings by adding muscle. Not to mention loss of flexibility on the field.

Hahaha he's going to have the mobility of a T-Rex.
ToxicAdam
Banned
(02-21-2012, 04:35 PM)
ToxicAdam's Avatar
Oneof the great injustices in baseball is that Yankee fans haven't had to suffer through a season of having a shitty closer or closer by committee. It's a special kind of hell that every baseball fan should have to endure.
h3ro
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:38 PM)
h3ro's Avatar

Originally Posted by ToxicAdam

Oneof the great injustices in baseball is that Yankee fans haven't had to suffer through a season of having a shitty closer or closer by committee. It's a special kind of hell that every baseball fan should have to endure.

That time is coming. And it's going to be terrible.





I don't wanna think about it.
Sanjuro
Banned
(02-21-2012, 04:39 PM)
Sanjuro's Avatar
Red Sox get Chris Carpenter and a player to be named later from the Cubs for compensation from Theo.
eznark
john deere tramp stamp
(02-21-2012, 04:40 PM)
eznark's Avatar

Originally Posted by nemss

Ah. Morning talk radio is no longer about the Rams, and why should it be?

Now, all the discussion is on the Cardinals, and to an extent, the Blues. Life....is good.

Radio should be all Elliot all the time.
Doytch
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:43 PM)
Doytch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

Red Sox get Chris Carpenter and a player to be named later from the Cubs for compensation from Theo.

Also known as "the dude who you swindle unsuspecting fantasy managers with."
tc farks
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:44 PM)
tc farks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

Red Sox get Chris Carpenter and a player to be named later from the Cubs for compensation from Theo.

I've also heard the Cubs may be getting a PTBNL from the Red Sox as well.
h3ro
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:46 PM)
h3ro's Avatar

Originally Posted by tc farks

I've also heard the Cubs may be getting a PTBNL from the Red Sox as well.

Speaking of PTBNL, I hear that Mystery Team might be jumping into the bidding on him with an invite to spring training.
ActStriker
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:52 PM)
ActStriker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

Red Sox get Chris Carpenter and a player to be named later from the Cubs for compensation from Theo.

Where'd you hear this?
SuperMalo
Member
(02-21-2012, 04:53 PM)
SuperMalo's Avatar

Originally Posted by ActStriker

Where'd you hear this?

MLBtr
ToxicAdam
Banned
(02-21-2012, 04:58 PM)
ToxicAdam's Avatar
Carpenter appears to be a power-armed reliever (with little movement).
acheron_xl
Member
(02-21-2012, 05:07 PM)
acheron_xl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doytch

Also known as "the dude who you swindle unsuspecting fantasy managers with."

I believe he took that title from former Royals pitcher Ryan Braun.

Thread Tools