• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

tokkun

I was hoping that they would make the Domnhall set better with the patch. It looks cool, but the stats are so terrible and it can't even be upgraded.

All the other patches came out on 360, right? I had to download an update when I bought the game. Has it been like this for every patch? I refuse to play PvP until the balance and exploits are fixed, and complete silence worries me.

Kyoufu

duckroll said:
There is no 360 version in Japan. This is normal. It doesn't mean nothing is being done, it just means Namco Bandai's PR sucks and isn't up to From's high standard in Japan.

I guess so.

hteng said:
it's kinda dumb they dont buff the heavy equipment sets, you can find dresses that gives the same exact defense but with superior resistance and weight. oh well.

Ornstein's armour is buffed, along with the Silver Knight set.

Zeliard

MechaX said:
The patch note page listed previously in this topic is down. I'm reading off of GFaqs right now. But so far, the Elite Armor got some nerfs, while the Silver Knight Armor got buffed. A lot of shields got nerfed (Hollow Soldier Shield now has lower stability at max). Antiquated Dress got nerfed into the ground, but that got covered here already. Pyromancy got a nerf (I think at max it's now 230 instead of 280 or something in its attack rating), and Quelaag's Fury Sword got a nerf in fire damage for some reason.

wuahah, my Silver Knight Shield is now the ultimate parry shield winnar

Speevy said:
I want people to invade me.

I'm at level 92 and not one person has ever invaded me.

I'll take you all on! just give me that chance. :(

This is your problem. your level is too high. I intentionally stopped leveling at 50ish and get invaded constantly, plenty of people around to summon, etc.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
MechaX said:
The patch note page listed previously in this topic is down. I'm reading off of GFaqs right now. But so far, the Elite Armor got some nerfs, while the Silver Knight Armor got buffed. A lot of shields got nerfed (Hollow Soldier Shield now has lower stability at max). Antiquated Dress got nerfed into the ground, but that got covered here already. Pyromancy got a nerf (I think at max it's now 230 instead of 280 or something in its attack rating), and Quelaag's Fury Sword got a nerf in fire damage for some reason.

Edit: Reports are saying that the stat scaling has been "fixed" in the sense that Str or Dex goes up to A after upgrading it at a certain point. Don't know if they've fixed things deeper than that.

Quelaag's Furysword getting a nerf may imply that there's reasonably significant increases in scaling damage. It was already one of the few weapons that could hang with maxed Lightning and Fire weaponry in terms of damage output, and it also scaled with stats as well. If they improved stat scaling without reducing its base damage it would probably become hideously powerful.

Zeliard said:
wuahah, my Silver Knight Shield is now the ultimate parry shield winnar

Really? That's my default walking-around shield. Looks like everything's coming up ixix.

Sinople

duckroll said:
- Fixed various English translation errors in the overseas version of the game.

Wouldn't that be: "-Correction to part of the text written in English based on the modifications made for the overseas version"?
(i.e. no more Engrish?)

MechaX

ixix said:
Quelaag's Furysword getting a nerf may imply that there's reasonably significant increases in scaling damage. It was already one of the few weapons that could hang with maxed Lightning and Fire weaponry in terms of damage output, and it also scaled with stats as well. If they improved stat scaling without reducing its base damage it would probably become hideously powerful.

Some reported the nerf actually being pretty insignificant (by 10 or 15, or something like that). If they either completely revamped how scaling works or bumped its Dex Scaling to an A, that may be the case.

But I think the Grant now has Faith scaling instead of the Dex scaling it did before. So it's possible it may scale with something else entirely now.

linko9

MechaX said:

Edit: Reports are saying that the stat scaling has been "fixed" in the sense that Str or Dex goes up to A after upgrading a weapon to a certain point. Don't know if they've fixed things deeper than that.

Furysword nerfed? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! That's my main weapon, favorite in the whole game. Guess I'll make a chaos shotel+5 or something to simulate it... I'm so used to the moveset. Or maybe I'll just exclusively use greatsword of artorias now. Or maybe I don't need to do a 4th playthrough of this game :(

Dresden

MechaX said:
Some reported the nerf actually being pretty insignificant (by 10 or 15, or something like that). If they either completely revamped how scaling works or bumped its Dex Scaling to an A, that may be the case.

But I think the Grant now has Faith scaling instead of the Dex scaling it did before.
Yeah, Grant was changed. The R2 it has is pretty cool - basically a Wrath of God that it fires on use. Wonder how viable it might be now for faithers.

Haunted

Great patch.

Lots of bugfixes, lots of necessary balance changes. Will gladly start a NG(+) when I have a bit of free time with this. ^_^

Jonsoncao said:
Yes, Twinkling Titanite added in the giant blacksmith's vendor.
614gK.gif

vilmer_

Sinople said:
Wouldn't that be: "-Correction to part of the text written in English based on the modifications made for the overseas version"?
(i.e. no more Engrish?)

If YOU DESTROYED is fixed into something cohesive, I quit.

web01

Amazing changes.

Awesome they nerferd the HSS, completely ridiculous that a shield dropped by some of the very first enemies in undberg was the best medium shield in the game.

Great change on nerfing the op light clothing also. Made no sense cloth was stronger than iron and metal.

So when will this be out for the 360??? Ever??? I realize that you all will not be able to give me a date, but I am just about to start my new game plus.. and want the new scaling for weapons and such.. as well as the new prices for sin and covenant...

Please tell me it's coming?

Feindflug

duckroll said:
What I suggest you can do (and all other 360 players, honestly) is to email Namco, or post on their Facebook/Twitter, etc, and make it known that there are Dark Souls fans on 360, and you don't appreciate being left in the dark like this. Not that I think they will listen, but since you paid for a game, you should stand up and demand to be taken seriously by the publisher. It's worth giving it a shot.

I asked Filthyrich (which is supposedly the Namco Bandai community manager) if the 1.04 patch is coming to the 360 a week ago on twitter and he simply didn't bother to answer.

Zeliard

ixix said:
Really? That's my default walking-around shield. Looks like everything's coming up ixix.

Ditto. And with Twinkling Titanites now much easier to come by, it's easier to upgrade it.

ixix said:

Yeah the Furysword is one of the few weapons that adds significant elemental damage yet still keeps scaling.

Ornstein buff is interesting, since that set can't be upgraded yet was also too weighty to be of much functional use most of the time. Typically at lower levels if you were going to wear that armor for functional purposes it would be mixing and matching it with Havel's or something so you get a good resistances:weight ratio. Good that they're making the set more useful on its own.

hteng

Banned
Kyoufu said:
I guess so.

Ornstein's armour is buffed, along with the Silver Knight set.

man ornstein's set is already pretty good even though it can't be upgraded, i was looking forward to buffs on black knight set, silver knight set is ugly.

Pumpkins

Feindflug said:
I asked Filthyrich (which is supposedly the Namco Bandai community manager) if the 1.04 patch is coming to the 360 a week ago on twitter and he simply didn't bother to answer.

Went ahead and asked him myself just now. Will update if he responds.

360 Dark Souls people, do the same!

Yo Gotti

Banned
QisTopTier said:
LOL wtf ornestiens GOT BUFFED?

Haha, I thought it was already pretty overpowered. 70 Physical at 12LBS is pretty damn good.

What are the new stats?

\/\/\/\/ That's true, for the hell I went through to get the armor, I'll never take it off.

sleepykyo

cj_iwakura said:
Pyro is crazy broken. Does way more damage with less cost, and less charge. The only advance to sorcery is safer distance.
Crystal Soulmass does 1280 and has 10 charges . What pyromancy spell has the same damage ? range and ability to pre cast the spell .

It isn't the damage alone that was the issue . Pyromancy´s lack of a stat requirement is the issue since lvl 1s could could run around with great combustion on ascended plus 5 living flame.

Pyrrhus

I hope they haven't fixed the pathfinding glitch that makes the grind point in the Darkroot Garden so profitable...

ixix

QisTopTier said:
LOL wtf ornestiens GOT BUFFED?

Doesn't seem all that unreasonable. If Twinkling Titanite can be bought it's way easier to upgrade a lot of suits of armor. If it didn't get improved at all it'd be virtually worthless.

Zeliard

ixix said:
Doesn't seem all that unreasonable. If Twinkling Titanite can be bought it's way easier to upgrade a lot of suits of armor. If it didn't get improved at all it'd be virtually worthless.

Something like Lautrec's wipes the floor with it.

Feindflug

Pumpkins said:
Went ahead and asked him myself just now. Will update if he responds.

360 Dark Souls people, do the same!

Asked again just now, let's see if he bothers to give us an answer this time...

I'm still trying to beat Demon Souls before I move on to this. I really hope the patching makes a big difference. The biggest issue for me when reading about the game is the lack of invasion. I seriously hope this gripe has been permanently fixed from here on out. I'd hate to hear two weeks from now that they need to fix it again.

ixix

Zeliard said:
Something like Lautrec's wipes the floor with it.

And Lautrec's, coincidentally, becomes available at the exact same time.

With Twinkling Titanite now purchasable armor sets that can't be upgraded would become totally marginalized without buffs.

Haunted

duckroll said:
Yeah I think people don't realize that the difference between a Pyro and a Sorc is that a Sorc MUST level up to do more damage with spells, while a Pyro does not. This means that given a certain amount of grinding, a Pyro can remain at lvl10 or so but end up dealing damage which totally out-classes characters in that level range.
Strong early on because it's stat-independent yet outclassed later on for that same reason. That's how I understood Pyromancy to be like.

Invasions/PvP should be available at SL50 and above only.

MechaX

Pyrrhus said:
I hope they haven't fixed the pathfinding glitch that makes the grind point in the Darkroot Garden so profitable...

To be honest, after getting far enough in the game it ends up being quicker to just kill them outright. And you'll still get the most amount of souls near a bonfire than any other location in the game save for one case.

With that said, I'm expecting them to decrease the amount of souls you would even get from killing them.

theta11

Has anyone found a change with the elemental weapons? They still seem OP and the little changes to scaling don't seem like it will address the massive disparity between them. Guess we'll have to wait and see what effect scaling has in relation to the stats.

MechaX

Wow... Pyromancy got nerfed WAY harder than I thought.

At Ascended +5, it was previously 270.

After the patch at Ascended +5, it's now 130.

Pyro users better hope this thing scales with something.

Dresden said:
That's just soul spear, though.

50 int + Crystal Homing Soulmass + Crown of Dusk + Bellowing Dragoncrest + Tin Crystallization Catalyst = 2k+ damage. And you get ten charges every ng.

If you're using tin crystalization catalyst, it's only +5 charges per NG+ run, since tin crystalization catalyst causes spell totals to 1/2 when equipped. :)

Makes me sad I already got my platinum for this, as some of the changes sound like it would've made my life a little easier. :)

MechaX said:

It damn well better scale with INT or something. Maybe the S scaling for INT now applies to magic adjust instead of physical strikes (R2).

--

Anyone comment on whether or not the bad text placement (overlap) in menus for US/EU versions has been cleaned up?

def sim

Wait this patch is out already? Anyone confirm?

If the 360 version is receiving the update at the same time frame, we should be getting it 5AM EDT.

MechaX said:

Fuck.

ixix

MechaX said:

If that's accurate, that is completely excessive. Wonder if there might be something changing behind the scenes if that's the case.

duckroll

MechaX said:

I refuse to believe this. You're all making up numbers and lying to me. Nope, I'm not having a meltdown right now. NOT ME. No sir! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nooooo? No!!!! :(

Top Bottom