• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

duckroll

john tv said:
Hey duck, the last one isn't referring to translation errors. The bulletpoint is talking about changes made to the JP game as a result of changes made for the overseas version as well, which wouldn't be translation-related, but more likely stuff that's English in both versions (i.e. YOU DEFEATED).

That's not to say they couldn't have fixed errors too, but they're not talking about that here in the JP patch notes at least.

As for YOU DEFEATED, if anyone can beat a boss and check post-patch, it'd be greatly appreciated! Super curious to see if/how they updated it.

Oh okay, thanks. I'll correct that. It started off by mentioning that it was with regard to changes in the overseas versions, so it was kinda confusing.

TP

elty said:
結晶輪の盾が
亡者戦士に撃ったときに
ダメージ1200から180になった

Crystal Ring Shield
Undead warrior
Before 1200 now 180

Tomb of Giants just got a whole lot more dangerous

scosher

From Gamefaqs:

Hollow Soldier Shield +15 is now at 70 stability, down from 85, rofl. Waste of a slab, but whatever, I'm glad there's more shield choices now than a starter item.

Most medium shields got the nerfbat in stability which is a good thing since it was ridiculous that they could match greatshields in stability. Silver Knight Shield or Balder Shield look to be the best medium shields with 100% physDEF with around 74-76 stability.

Spider Shield is also at 70 stability, making it clearly superior and more useful than Hollow Soldier Shield.

Varna

MikeE21286 said:
ctrl+f "frame"

really, nothing about the framerate :?

They aren't going to redo their entire engine in a patch...

Looking forward to tomorrow. Think I will just reroll. Should take what... 15 hours at the most to finish the game again. :p

I still plan to make the crystal ring shield. Doesn't it have the highest mag defense in the game?

Guevara

Dresden said:
New players won't be able to Iron Flesh tank bosses while four-shotting them with CRS now.

Good.
Not just new players, I'm on the Anor Londo bosses and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the game now :-X

Also, I just spent all these souls ascending my Crystal Shield. I may have to unplug my PS3 for a while.

Zeliard

Iron Flesh nerfed, Crystal Ring Shield nerfed, Sorcery + Pyro NOIFED

People are runnin outta that delicious cottage cheese :D

ElFly

john tv said:
Hey duck, the last one isn't referring to translation errors. The bulletpoint is talking about changes made to the JP game as a result of changes made for the overseas version as well, which wouldn't be translation-related, but more likely stuff that's English in both versions (i.e. YOU DEFEATED).

That's not to say they couldn't have fixed errors too, but they're not talking about that here in the JP patch notes at least.

As for YOU DEFEATED, if anyone can beat a boss and check post-patch, it'd be greatly appreciated! Super curious to see if/how they updated it.

YOU DEFEET

Zeliard

scosher said:
From Gamefaqs:

Hollow Soldier Shield +15 is now at 70 stability, down from 85, rofl. Waste of a slab, but whatever, I'm glad there's more shield choices now than a starter item.

Most medium shields got the nerfbat in stability which is a good thing since it was ridiculous that they could match greatshields in stability. Silver Knight Shield or Balder Shield look to be the best medium shields with 100% physDEF with around 74-76 stability.

Silver Knight Shield has that sweet 75% fire resistance, and 65% lightning.

elty

elty said:
- Base equip weight is now +10
- Elemental weapon - not much change
- Stat scaling weapon - increase
- Armor: no change except a few pieces
- Shield: many nerf
- Crystal ring shield: nerf
- Iron Flesh: nerf
- Great magic shield: no longer invincible
- Transquil walk of peace: swamp moving speed (?), duration down to 10 seconds
- Fog effect: can lock on now
- Anger ???
- Lightening Spear: no change
- Enemy location: some changes
- Twinkling titanite: 8000 souls, maybe limited
- Dragon head bug: gone
- some other bug: gone
- online match: no info available

キャラ装備重量上限:↑(緩和、一律+10?)
属性武器:→(変更なし)
補正武器:↑↑(補正倍率大幅上昇、一部弱体化あり)
防具:→(古スカート等一部修正あり)
盾全般:↓(受け値が下方修正)
結晶輪の盾:↓(右武器攻撃力が乗らなくなった?)
鉄の体:↓(効果下方修正)
強魔盾:↓(無敵効果廃止、本来の効果+ガード時スタミナ消費なしへ変更)
平和:↓(敵が沼程度の速度になる+効果時間が10秒位へ変更)
霧効果:↓(透明な森のキャラ→普通にロックオンできた)
怒り:→(変更なし?)
雷の槍系:→(変更なし)
敵配置:一部変更あり
光石:店売り化(1個8000ソウル、個数制限なし?)
竜頭バグ利用:消滅
ふわふわバグ利用:消滅
マッチング:報告待ち

Additional info:

Magic: nerf especially homing soul mass, but cast time reduced for soul arrow
??
Soul gain from enemy 2x - 2.5x up
Humanity on discovery rate : up
Humanity on physical defense: down, no change to other resistance
Re positioning of some enemy, lower aggro radius
Something: seems to be weaker when 2nd one appear
Boss drop: some drop humanity/twin humanity and homeward bone
Twinkling Titanite: 8000 souls, no limit
Master key: 5000 souls
Dark wraith: now drop dark hand (rare)
Covenant item: drop rate +++
Something regarding message: can now use SELECT to operate
Lockon: increase responsiveness
Online: level range increase
Attack lag: waiting on report
Rapid fire bug: gone
Dragon head bug: gone

攻撃魔術:↓(追尾塊が威力ダウン。ただしソウルの矢などは詠唱時間が短縮)
木目:→(変更なし)
取得ソウル:↑(従来の2~2.5倍程度へアップ。スケルトン・亡霊からもソウルが入る)
人間性ステによるアイテム発見力上昇:↑(上昇値アップ。20でカンスト)
人間性ステによる物理防御上昇:↓(上昇値ダウン。他の防御ステは変更なし)
ザコ敵:一部に配置変更あり。従来より怯みやすくなっている。索敵範囲ダウン。
ハム:2体目以降の出現時間が伸びるなどやや弱体化?
ボスドロップ:クラーグ(人間性の双子)、爛れ(人間性+帰還の骨)などドロップ追加
光石:店売り化(1個8000ソウル、個数制限なし)
万能鍵:店売り化(5000ソウル)
ダークハンド:小ロンドのダークレイスにドロップ追加
原盤・誓約アイテム:ドロップ率大幅アップ
共鳴:まさかの復活。1分ほど表示されるように
メッセージ:↑(セレクトボタンから操作可能に)
ロックオン:↑(レバー反応性上昇)
マッチング:↑(マッチング範囲緩和?)
アクション発生遅延:報告待ち
速射バグ利用:×(消滅)
竜頭バグ利用:×(消滅)

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Zeliard said:
Iron Flesh nerfed, Crystal Ring Shield nerfed, Sorcery + Pyro NOIFED

People are runnin outta that delicious cottage cheese :D

Even if there's been an ~25% damage reduction across the board Sorcery's still pretty brutal.

I am a little curious if the change came from tweaking internal damage calculations or if the MagAdjust on the catalysts has been altered. And if the latter, are most of the catalysts still statistically identical or have they differentiated them?

MechaX

I'm personally curious about the Moonlight Greatsword.

And the farming spot too, since it seems like soul rates have actually been increased somewhat.

tokkun

Would be nice if they patched in something for the Pendant. No use in game and doesn't even have its own item description.

Zeliard

ixix said:
Even if there's been an ~25% damage reduction across the board Sorcery's still pretty brutal.

I am a little curious if the change came from tweaking internal damage calculations or if the MagAdjust on the catalysts has been altered. And if the latter, are most of the catalysts still statistically identical or have they differentiated them?

Yeah no doubt higher-level Sorcery stuff still wipes the floor with enemies. Magic is probably always going to be quite powerful in these games. It's just the nature of being at a safe distance and unleashing havoc on foes.

elty said:

snapples

elty said:

Maybe this means you no longer need to activate that stupid stone.

yeb

I'm so happy with most of these balance changes.

Something I saw on GameFAQs:
http://i.imgur.com/jCwBi.png

It looks like the scaling actually improves along the normal upgrade route now, rather than just the base damage. This makes me really curious about a lot of weapons.

tokkun

So they reduce sorcery damage but also reduce casting time.

Doesn't this actually make it better? Even with 25% less damage you can probably still one-shot most characters at high level and now are much less vulnerable when casting.

Dresden

tokkun said:
So they reduce sorcery damage but also reduce casting time.

Doesn't this actually make it better? Even with 25% less damage you can probably still one-shot most characters at high level and now are much less vulnerable when casting.
A lot of the damage was overkill, anyways. It's a net gain, methinks.

ixix

elty said:
Additional info:

Magic: nerf especially homing soul mass, but cast time reduced

Cast time reduced? Sorcery's still tops, baby!

Soul gain from enemy 2x - 2.5x up

Really? That seems drastic. Across the board or specific enemies?

Huh. This is going to change some assessments of what equipment is best, I reckon.

Making it easier to use Orange Soapstone? Would be wonderful if that's the case.

Online: level range increase

Any specifics available on this? I think the co-op level range could stand to be wider than the invasion level range.

Thanks for all the translations, by the way. This info is great to have.

Zeliard

yeb said:

It looks like the scaling actually improves along the normal upgrade route now, rather than just the base damage. This makes me really curious about a lot of weapons.

Interestingly, you only need chunks to take that weapon (is that the Iaito?) to A scaling, not the slab.

Edit: well fuck

sixghost

yeb said:

Yeah it looks like more things scale to A now at higher upgrade levels. Occult Claymore claymore scaling with Faith at A gets me excited.
Haunted said:
YOU DEFEATING
YOU DELETED

Varna said:
They aren't going to redo their entire engine in a patch...

Looking forward to tomorrow. Think I will just reroll. Should take what... 15 hours at the most to finish the game again. :p

I still plan to make the crystal ring shield. Doesn't it have the highest mag defense in the game?

Yeah, but no reason for some of the areas to be as bad as they are.

elty

The cast time reduction seems to be soul arrow (and its family probably) only. No word about the homing variant.

ixix

elty said:
The cast time reduction seems to be soul arrow (and its family probably) only.

Wonder if that includes White Dragon Breath. I've actually had a lot of luck with that spell in PvP, and its only real drawback is the long cast time.

yeb

I want to know if they fixed the stunlock problem. Some weapons (especially the faster greatswords it seems) had enough hitstun that one hit would guarantee the next, so you could just eat 6 hit combos and die from 100%.

RyanDG

yeb said:
I want to know if they fixed the stunlock problem. Some weapons (especially the faster greatswords it seems) had enough hitstun that one hit would guarantee the next, so you could just eat 6 hit combos and die from 100%.

Stunlock is only really a problem if you are running around with little poise. In which case, your build should be trying to take advantage of your speed and agility and not eating the first hit.

ixix

yeb said:

Hitstun is determined by your Poise. Heavy weapons hitting a low Poise target will be able to guarantee every hit of a combo will land, against a high Poise target they won't. If you're getting trapped in combos and insta-killed you should try heavier armor or the Wolf Ring.

yeb

RyanDG said:
Stunlock is only really a problem if you are running around with little poise. In which case, your build should be trying to take advantage of your speed and agility and not eating the first hit.
ixix said:
Hitstun is determined by your Poise. Heavy weapons hitting a low Poise target will be able to guarantee every hit of a combo will land, against a high Poise target they won't. If you're getting trapped in combos and insta-killed you should try heavier armor or the Wolf Ring.
I know about poise. However, certain weapons seemed completely disproportionate. Even a Black Knight Greataxe, probably the craziest combination of speed and power in the game, can't stunlock someone with no poise. But a Flamberge can kill people who DO have a little poise, if they don't have enough to shrug off a hit.

Is this patch out in North America yet? I kind of got distracted by BF3 for the past week, but I'm getting an urge to play more Dark Souls now.

Foxix Von

I took an extended break from this game thanks to the capra demon.... I feel a need to revisit that bastard and kick his ass now.

sleepykyo

Dresden said:
Guys, +15 weapons can be buffed with resin/miracles/CMW, and there aren't two resistances to go through. This is a good change.
I used to think that. But applying the lightning resin to a dragon tooth + 3 with 40 strength just jumped the damage from 200 to 220 on a black knight . Then again maybe the comp black knights have a high lightning tolerance.

hteng

Banned
sleepykyo said:
I used to think that. But applying the lightning resin to a dragon tooth + 3 with 40 strength just jumped the damage from 200 to 220 on a black knight . Then again maybe the comp black knights have a high lightning tolerance.

i use a Zweihander +15 with Sun Light blade miracle and i was hitting the clams (NG+) for 700+ per hit. without the miracle it's more like 490ish.

Raxus

Spells deserve the nerf but I am disappointed. At least I will have a reason to go in slashing instead of using spells to take a boss down.

Any word on the PvP/Co-op changes? It is impossible to do covenants at the moment.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Cloudius12 said:
Hopefully Namco Bandai get their asses together and announce something for 360 side.

srsly, I want to buy some damn twinkling titanite to pimp out my giant's armor set.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Holiday here in Japan tomorrow so perfect timing to get in a big play session tonight. Finally rang the second bell last week so off to Sen's we go!

Great stuff, working through my first playthrough slowly but surely, this should make NG+ a blast.

Very nice changes so far, good that most merchants sell arrows now.

So what does this mean for me who hasn't started upgrading a weapon past +5? Should I still go elemental path?

Fuuuuck I feel so behind in this game. At Anor Londo with +5 Iaito, +5 Knight Armors, +5 Eagle Shield. Iunno, halp

Thagomizer said:
I aproove of Ornstein buff. It's the coolest armor in the game and should be better.

PREEEAAAACCCHHHH. Pyromancy/Sorcery nerfed to hell, Fog Ring/TWOP nerfed into the ground AND my Iaito +15 wrecks shop now?

This patch needs to be out like, now.

Top Bottom