• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Muffdraul

Over the weekend I finished replaying Brotherhood to get ready for Revelations. I had to have more, so I started a new game of AC2. I've already played it from beginning to end like six times since it came out, but I'm loving it as much as ever. Pretty sure I'll finish it long before Nov. 15, so I'll probably end up going through AC1 again too, which I've also replayed a stupid number of times. Revelations is my most anticipated game this season, but I've been staying somewhat in the dark about it up to this point... reading the OP was almost overwhelming. My body is SO fucking ready right now.

BF3, MW3 and AC:R take the OTs to a whole new level. Absolutely amazing. I actually think this one takes the cake, but the MW3 and BF3 ones are amazing as well.

BEST OT EVER

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Typo in the thread title, it's "requiescat".

Technically, it should be "requiesce" if directed to the dying person in second person (may you rest in peace) instead of third person (may he rest in peace), but whatever.

Brigandier

What a fantastic OT really enjoyed reading through it and is one of the best yet imo well done sir.

I honestly can not understand why so many people are complaining about how big the OT is... Seriously do you people not want an informative and well presented OT made anymore?.

When people go out of there way and spend a lot of there own time making up a thread like this for the Neogaf community you should at the very least show some respect.

People like you guys piss me off.

exYle

I claim this avatar!

Also, fuck the haters. Even if this OT can be labeled as a "PR dump", the OP grabbed all the 'PR' he could find, made it aesthetically pleasing, threw in some extra stuff (story summaries for the past three games? Fuck yeah) and posted it so that we didn't have to search for the information ourselves. It'll make a good read later on.

CrazyDude said:
I am going to wait till people's impressions are out for this game. I am still a little skeptical about the yearly production time even after brotherhood.
I am skeptical also, but its one of those games that has carved out a nice little niche for itself in terms of both gameplay and story so I haven't grown bored of it yet. Day 1 purchase for me, 100% regardless of the fact that it's going to be something along the lines of Assassin's Creed 2.8.

ninj4junpei said:
Goddamn, was the OP sponsored by Ubisoft? Great job either way.
If it had been sponsored by Ubisoft, it's unlikely that it would contain a tenth of that information. I didn't even know most of it existed or was publicly available yet.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Radec said:
WHAT
THE
FUCK

Will there be a Steelbook release without other shit included (except maybe 1 or 2 dlcs) ?
Future Shop in Canada has an exclusive Steelbook.

10181163.jpg

Kaizer

Banned
Damn, amazing OP. Can't wait for next week, went it to GameStop to pre-order last week for the Signature Edition. I never got a chance to play Brotherhood, so I'm really excited for this new one.

Darkgran

Holy Cow. Incredible OP.

Really excited to see how the story turns out. Pretty sure I know what to expect with the game play.

rataven

Anybody familiar with Gamestop's preorder upgrades?

I preordered from them after I found out GS would be the only retailer selling the Signature Edition, but now I'd really like to pick up the Ultimate Bundle. Does my preorder automatically upgrade to that, or do I have to contact the store?

Aurarian

rataven said:

I preordered from them after I found out GS would be the only retailer selling the Signature Edition, but now I'd really like to pick up the Ultimate Bundle. Does my preorder automatically upgrade to that, or do I have to contact the store?

I think it only upgrades automatically to the Signature Edition.

rataven said:

You were upgraded to the Signature edition but that's it. You'd need to contact the store for the Ultimate Bundle.

Speaking of which, did they eventually allow you to preorder the Ultimate Bundle in store? I tried a month ago and figured it must just have been an online only thing.

rataven

Aurarian said:
I think it only upgrades automatically to the Signature Edition.
thewesker said:
You were upgraded to the Signature edition but that's it. You'd need to contact the store for the Ultimate Bundle.

Speaking of which, did they eventually allow you to preorder the Ultimate Bundle in store? I tried a month ago and figured it must just have been an online only thing.
Thanks guys. Can you make adjustments to your preorder online? I rarely shop at Gamestop so I'm not all that familiar with their practices. Otherwise, I'll pay my local GS a visit later today to make the upgrade.

Bit-Bit

I'm excited for it. The cliff hanger ending was awesome. There's so many ways they can go with the story, I'm glad there's amazing gameplay to back up their equally insane story that I enjoy very much.

I was excited for the game, but I am even more so cuz of the OP. Going through it brought a lot of memories back. Some of the architecture in the concept art looks nuts. Very exciting stuff.

Mupod

The fact that this game's existence implies that Ezio was going around, uh, leaving descendants in his 50s amuses me a bit. I mean it's just something you'd expect of him.

-NeoTB1-

Great job on the OT. Very informative timeline of the entire series up to this point. Screw the haters, I appreciate and enjoy when someone puts in that much work for a game/series they clearly love.

Laekon

Thumbs down on the OP. I don't need every piece of info ever put out about a well known series in a OT for a new game.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
oddworld18 said:
that is stunning. we don't get anything nearly as cool here in the US as far as I know.

I have my pre-order at Gamestop. Might have to make a pre-order at Future Shop, pick-up the game and the steelbook and then just return the un-opened game later.

Mest30

Banned
Laekon said:
Thumbs down on the OP. I don't need every piece of info ever put out about a well known series in a OT for a new game.

Then skip shit you don't want to read. I'd rather have too much info then not enough. And some people like reading every piece of info as a nice refresher.

rukland

Holy Mother of God amazing OP. Can not wait for this game and after seeing this thread I have so much reading to do...

Bruiserk

Hot damn, this one is up there in the list of Best OT's. Good job!

Hopefully the game's framerate is faster than the time it took to load all of this on my netbook...

Arment

Argh I need to beat Brotherhood...but I stopped about an hour in once I decided I did not like the PC controls. I need to go pick up a 360 controller today.

Only one question! Will this game be as hard as the first one?

Remember that one resident evil 5 review hating on it for "not being scary"? I could see that same reviewer giving this game the same review, but replacing "but not scary" with "but not hard"

hiryu

I hope you people are getting paid to make these threads. These OT that go beyond the initial post a overkill and annoying when on my phone.

Nora Kisaragi said:
Only one question! Will this game be as hard as the first one?

Remember that one resident evil 5 review hating on it for "not being scary"? I could see that same reviewer giving this game the same review, but replacing "but not scary" with "but not hard"

Hard? Probably not, the sequels have stream-lined the combat a lot.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
lawblob said:
These professional OTs are seriously getting out of control, IMO.

The only one I liked was the majestic MGS4 one because of the amazing layout art and because it fitted with the series (eheh) imo, and even that one was 10 posts too long.

Who's gonna read or even need that much crap, I feel dirty just looking at it, it reads like what Ubisoft would feed me on the game, not something out of a fellow gamer. I can appreciate the work the OP has put into it of course, but for me it just helps giving birth to fanboy-masturbating only threads where every kinda negative opinion gets dogpiled by the mob.

No game will ever need anything more than a two posts OP and even one is more than fine in 99% of the cases.

Nice banner, pricing/release/platform details.
Mechanics
Recap on the series
Best videos/interesting screens/tidbits
Unlockables/preorder bonuses.
DLC
Reviews and tidbits from pro/con impressions from GAFfers

Gamertags/psn/steam IDs it is an online multiplayer game.
Little wiki if it's something like Demon's Souls.

That covers everything.

Wazzim

Banned
That OT is out of control. I know how much work this must have been and stuff but shit man, this is a bit ridiculous.

EDIT: didn't want to come over as a whiner btw, sorry if it looked like that

Top Bottom