• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC Performance discussion

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
pc6bzda.jpg

Special thanks to Kyaw (Banners, FXAA), BoobPhysics(Guide, knowledge) ,TheOctagon(Guide, knowledge),Durante(Expertise), ColonialRaptor(Mod round-up), and all fellow GAF contributors.

BEFORE STARTING
This thread is for the casual but made for the enthusiast who wants to get the most out of the game and hardware. Many are willing to help and answer questions.

PLEASE NOTE there are countless issues with different HW configurations and XF/SLI setups. Performance gains may not happen until new drivers or patches.

When editing ini settings, always make backups. Backup your saves too. Especially when using uGrids.

It would be very helpful to keep your links active and images hosted that are added to this OP. That way future visitors can come in and finds things without any potentially broken links.

news2j0xti.jpg

01.23.12- Beta Patch up for users with Steam beta option enabled.
01.19.12- Patch 1.4
01.03.12-Thread split.
12.20.11- Patch4- LAA officially implemented.
12.7.11- Patch 1.3
11.30.11- Patch 1.2
11.21.11- TESV.exe "patch". BREAKS LAA. See uGrids for solution
11.11.11. Patch 1.1

###DRIVERS###

NVIDIA 290.53
AMD Catalyst 11.11c
CAT 12.1 Preview

tipsandtricksdsz80.jpg

Frame limiters like dxtory can help cap frames for smoother experience. May not work for everyone*
*Notes about Dxtory:
1)Leaving Dxtory's FPS display on the screen will cause random crashes on loading screens. Turning it off fixes this.
2)Using in conjunction with the LAA patch, it'll increase load times dramatically.
Alternatively- Lowering or backing up of saves can help alleviate issues.
Still Crashing? Disable Steam in-game overlay.- Thanks to Aeana

Solution for indoor fps drop?

Can you run Skyrim?*
*Note - you must install a plugin for proper results.
Bethesda forums HW Guide
Good Startup Essentials

fixes22wbd2.jpg

Bethesda forums (unofficial) buglist/fixes
Skyrim help with Mouse Control and Physics Glitches by GAF member Linearskillz

Sound issues?
fAudioMasterVolume=4.0000 in SkyrimPrefs. If not, wait for Beth to fix as it's still a known issue. I ain't even mad.

Shadow Tweaks
Note- The higher the distance(8000.0000), the lower the resolution. The lower then distance (400.0000), the shadows will be higher resolution but drawn far less.
iShadowMapResolution=XXXX (4096 or 8192 for ex) is important. It's best to find a happy medium for your own HW configuration.

Settings I tested and worked.
HW
2500k@4.5
6970@950/1450
8GB RAM
W7x64

Good distance and detail
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
fInteriorShadowDistance=2000.0000
fShadowDistance=5000.0000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowMapResolution=4096

Mid-range High-res
fShadowDistance=5000
iShadowMapResolution=8092

Low distance high-res
fShadowDistance=400.0000
iShadowMapResolution=8092

Experimental Memory Tweak for system memory
SkyrimPrefs
[Papyrus]
iMinMemoryPageSize=100000
iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1800000000 - I set mine to 3800000000 (3.8GB)

ini8sz4i.jpg

Proven to work. None the less, use at your own risk and always backup ini/saves.

Five Fast Skyrim Tweaks- by NVIDIA + Tweak Guide
HARDCOP Tweak Guide

Skyrim Tweak Guide by BoobPhysics101
NOTE: These tweaks are focused on high end rigs.

HW:
i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz
GTX 570 @ 900/2100
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Asus P8Z68-V mobo
90GB Vertex 2 SSD
42" 1080p HDTV

This rig has a ridiculous CPU, a GTX 570 that's as fast as a GTX 580, SSD, lots of RAM. If you have a similar level of hardware, these settings/tweaks should get you to my level of performance.

General Tweaks/Tips

BEFORE WE DO ANYTHING:

Go to the Skyrim config program (Start up Skyrim from Steam, go to Options), set your resolution etc, set MSAA to 8x, set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x. EVERYONE SHOULD BE USING 16x AF.

Beneath that, under Detail, click Ultra. Go to Advanced, make sure everything is maxed out, TURN OFF FXAA (unless you like it, blech.)

Nvidia users:
Make sure to have 285.79 (these are the latest betas and have the most recent driver profiles for Skyrim
AMD users: Use the 11.10 Preview 3 or whatever is newest

Nvidia Inspector Tweaks:

1. Download Nvidia Inspector
2. Open Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim profile
3. Make it look like this:
RqtSv.jpg

Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini tweaks (Location: My Documents/My Games/Skyrim)

Skyrimprefs.ini:

Under [Display], change these settings as shown:

Code:
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
iWaterMultiSamples=4
iPresentInterval=0

Under [Grass]:
Code:
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=1
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=400.0000

Skyrim.ini
Under [Display], make sure to put this:
Code:
iPresentInterval=0

EXPERIMENTAL STUFF, USE AT OWN RISK, YMMV, NOT FULLY TESTED/SAFE... but fun!
Skyrim.ini
Code:
[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uInterior Cell Buffer=12
uExterior Cell Buffer=64
fdefaultfov=90
uGridsToLoad=9

Skyrimprefs.ini

Change these settings. I found these in the Skyrim main folder under VeryHigh.ini, so ensure these are set appropriately:

Code:
[Display]
iMultiSample=16
iWaterMultisamples=4
iMaxAnisotropy=16
iTexMipMapSkip=0
iTexMipMapMinimum=4
fDecalLOD1=500.0000
fDecalLOD2=1000.0000
iActorShadowCountInt=6
iActorShadowCountExt=6
fSpecularLODStartFade=2000.0000
fLightLODStartFade=3500.0000
fShadowBiasScale=0.15
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
bFXAAEnabled=0
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=9999999.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=9999999.0000
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=9999999.0000
fShadowDistance=8000.0000
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=100
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=25

[LOD]
fLODFadeOutMultActors=15.0000
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=15.0000
fLODFadeOutMultItems=15.0000

[TerrainManager]
fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000
fBlockMaximumDistance=250000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=70000.0000
fBlockLevel0Distance=35000.0000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.5000

[Grass]
b30GrassVS=1
fGrassStartFadeDistance=7000.0000

[Imagespace]
iRadialBlurLevel=2

[Water]
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODTrees=1
bReflectSky=1

[BlurShaderHDR]
bDoHighDynamicRange=1

[Decals]
bDecals=1
bSkinnedDecals=1
uMaxDecals=1000
uMaxSkinDecals=100
uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=60

Give that a shot, ymmv, adjust to preferences. I still need to work on those settings as they MAY cause random CTD's (crash to desktop).

I will add further tweaks as they are confirmed working/tested by me and the other pros in this thread.

Credit
Liquidmetal14 for the OP/constant vigilance when it comes to updating the OP
TheExodu5 for tweaks/experimenting and reporting results
TheOctagon for Large Address Aware tweaking/results
Durante for a previously posted 'mini-tweak guide'
Anyone I missed.

AMD Guide by BoobPhysics

AMD users, want better performance + image quality? This is for you!

Start with a default ini. Tweak things only after confirming you get smooth 60fps as this is what worked for LiquidMetal14.

Download RadeonPro.
Make a profile for Skyrim.
Modify your settings to look exactly as shown below.

For 5850, 5870, 6850, 6870, 6950, 6970 users:
rp1c48k4.png

sltij4.jpg

For 4850, 4870, 5770, 6770 users:
5870orlowervy8tm.png

Durante
Ultra defaults and only changed resolution and distance. Notable alterations...
fInteriorShadowDistance=5000.0000
fShadowDistance=12000.0000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096
iShadowSplitCount=2
fShadowBiasScale=0.1500
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iShadowFilter=3

Thanks to Durante for the following ini tweaks (these are little more dated but have some good explanations).

Here's a summary of the most important tweaks so far:
All .ini files are stored in My Games/Skyrim.

iPresentInterval=0 in [Display] to reduce (eliminate?) input lag

In SkyrimPrefs.ini:
bTreesReceiveShadows=1 and
bDrawLandShadows=1 in [Display] to improve environment lighting and depth with a small performance hit
bMouseAcceleration=0 in [Controls] to disable mouse accleration
iPresentInterval=0 in [Display] possible again, but the Skyrim.ini setting seems to override it

Nvidia inspector settings for NV owners:
CSAA and multisampling transparency AA work well for this game, with the 0x20000000 compatibility setting:
settingsefdju.png

If you use settings like these you should turn off FXAA, it will only reduce IQ.

TheOctagon's high end Configs---Screens HERE

LiquidMetal14's 6970/2500k/8GB RAM ini- Screens- Vista Comparison- Lighting LOD Distance TIP
580SLI Guide by Jubly
Kyaw's GTX480 ini config

ugrids2ialyn.jpg

This section will be segmented due to the nature and effects that this may cause. As always, back up your ini's and saves!

TheOctagon's uGrids tutorial+Reverting back saves

uGridsToLoad should be a harmless setting to play with if you know how to restore your saves.
As said before, your save becomes effectively 'bound' to the value you specify and will crash the game if you try it with a lower value.
What you need to do is load the save with the value it was saved at, then rewrite and refresh the ini, then save again.

Here's how:
1) Load game with uGridsToLoad at the 'safe' setting - the one it was at when you saved.
2) Load the save, which should load correctly.
3) Open the console and type the following:

setini "ugridstoload:general" 5
saveini
refreshini

This has restored the uGridsToLoad setting to its default while your save is already open.
4) Save the game. The save you create now will work at any uGrids setting from the default up.

I'm playing the game at 2160p with FXAA (no multisampling - that's a performance killer) and it's smooth as butter, so these tweaks do work.
As with Oblivion, though, once you've taken all the necessary steps, only the intricate configuration of your PC can really determine how stable they are.

Something else to bear in mind is that this is with a vanilla install. In all likelihood, once a significant HD texture mod arrives, uGridsToLoad will become a much more volatile thing to play with.

One other thing regarding uGridsToLoad. You should probably read and apply this information from the excellent TweakGuides.com. This is for Oblivion but evidently applies to Skyrim as well.

Memory Tweaks:

uInterior Cell Buffer=3
uExterior Cell Buffer=36

The above values determine how many cells (whether for interior or exterior areas) are buffered into RAM.
Note that usually the value of the Exterior Cell Buffer variable is automatically set by the engine based on the size of the uGridstoLoad variable.
The higher that variable is, the higher the engine will raise this value. However if you want to smooth out your FPS, try manually setting a higher value for both of these, depending on how much RAM you have.
For 1GB I recommend doubling the values (6 and 72 respectively).
For 2GB of RAM, I use 16 and 102 respectively. For higher amounts of RAM, try raising them higher, however note that you should also raise the iPreloadSizeLimit value below.

iPreloadSizeLimit=26214400 - This setting appears to determine the maximum amount (in bytes) of RAM allowed for preloading game data. The higher the value, the more chance you have of reducing stuttering.
The default value equates to around 25MB (divide the setting by 1024 to get KB, then by 1024 again to get MB). For those with 1GB of system RAM, try doubling the variable to 52428800.
For those with 2GB, try double again at 104857600 (100MB).
You can raise these values even further to experiment, however note that raising this to a large amount doesn't force all the game data to sit in RAM, and can actually cause crashes.
I suggest the maximum anyone should set this to should be around 262144000 (250MB), even for 2GB of RAM. Make sure to raise your Cell Buffer values accordingly (see above).

Good initial test settings
In Skyrim.ini
[General]
uGridsToLoad=7, 9 for good HW
uInterior Cell Buffer=6, 17 for good HW
uExterior Cell Buffer=64, 102 for good HW
iPreloadSizeLimit=262144000

580 TRI-SLI UGRIDS Tests and comparison

commandqnx6d.jpg

Open console through tilde key~

~fDefault1stPersonFOV=75.0000
~fDefaultWorldFOV=82.5000
~fDefaultFOV=65.0000
Regarding FOV edits
- fDefault1stPersonFOV is FOV of hands and weapons in 1st person view.
- fDefaultWorldFOV is FOV used to render the game world in 1st, 3rd and map view.
- fDefaultFOV is FOV of inventory 3D icons, lockpicking and book reading. You should leave this at default 65 value or these things will get smaller and inventory icons misplaced.
~showracemenu - Bring up character customization menu (NOTE: Your health Magicka, Stamina, and Health levels will be spread evenly on using this depending on your character's level.
It will remove any point distributions that were custom)
~TGM - Toggle God Mode (invincible, also removing encumbering effect and unlimited magicka and stamina)
~TCL - Toggle Collision (no clipping mode; interacting possible, walk pointing up to fly into the air)
~TMM (0) - Toggle Map Markers (all locations, tmm 1 turns on, tmm 0 turns off)
~TFC - Toggle fly cam (removes the body and set the camera free, you will not be able to interract)
~TAI - Toggle Artificial Intelligence (freezes npc, they can't walk, move, or anything.)
~TCAI- Toggle Combat Artificial Intelligence (same as TAI; however only makes the NPC not being able to combat)
~TDetect- Toggle AI Detection (You can steal all you want and no one will see you, doesn't work with pickpocketing)

Codes using player target command:

~player.addperk <ID> ( 000581e7 for Augmented Flames level 1 ; "player.addperk 000581e7")
~player.removeperk <ID> Perk Codes/ID's
~player.addspell <ID> ( 0007e8e1 for Raise Zombie : "player.addspell 0007e8e1")
~player.additem <ID> (F # for gold, A # for lockpick ; "player.additem F 100" adds 100 gold for example)
List's of ID's
Alchemy ID's
Apparatus ID's
Armor ID's
Item ID's
Alternative item list DL

~player.modav carryweight XX - where XX is the amount by which you wish to increase your carrying capacity; e.g. if your current weight limit is 300 and you wish to raise it to 1000, use a value of 700.
~player.setcrimegold XXX - Set it high if you want to fight, set it at 0 if you want to be free.
~player.setlevel X - Make X equal your desired character level.
~player.setav speedmult X - Where X equals your movement speed in a percentage value. (100 = 100%)
~player.setav skill X - Sets skill without messing with level gains. The skill name can be found from the skill list, and X equals the value you want that skill to be.
This also works for health, stamina, magicka, and carryweight. Example: [player.setav marksman 50] sets your archery to 50.
~player.modav skill X - Buffs or debuffs a skill. The skill name can be found from the skill list, and X equals the value you want that skill to be.
Example: If your Block skill is 30, you can "player.modav block 10", activating a buff to your Block and setting it to 40 (with the skill level appearing green as if a spell or item is affecting the skill).
The same can be done in reversing by using a negative integer. Using "player.modav block -10" would activate a permanent debuff to your Block and set it to 10 (with the skill level appearing in red).

Other helpful codes:

Note on timescale's
If the timescale breaks a quest, change it back to the default (30) until done.
~set timescale to XX (Replace XX with number, use 1 for 24hour cycle). Changes the speed of day/night cycle.
~show timescale- View the current timescale.
~movetoqt- teleports you to quest target (currently not working for me, but is recognised by console.It will only work on quests with target markers, Bethesda quests;
will not work on side quests with the new variable target locations.)
~AdvSkill- Give the player the desired amount of skill usage points [AdvSkill onehanded 100] (after some testing the number placed at the end of the command would indicate usage points, not skill points.
For example: if you used advskill onehanded 100, it would be the equivalent of 100 swings of a one handed sword, not 100 skill points.) Skill list
~IncPCS- Increase the players skill points by one point [IncSkill onehanded] - See above link.
~player.modav carryweight ## - Adds amount to weight limit (Can also use health or magicka or stamina instead of carryweight to increase those totals.)
~PSB - Adds every spell
qqq- quits the game without exiting to the main menu.
~unlock - Target the desired chest or door by clicking on it and then type "unlock"
~lock XXX - You can lock chests and door, or people by targeting them and typing "lock" followed by the level of difficulty you wish to set it at.
~kill - Target your enemy by clicking on them once in the console menu and type "kill" and it does just that.
~killall - Kills all hostiles in your immediate vicinity
~ressurect - Killed someone you didn't mean to? Target them once in the console menu and type "ressurect" and it will bring them back from the grave.
~removeallitems - Target the desired character from the console menu and then type "removeallitems" and they will be stripped of everything in their inventory, including their clothes.

Darklord

Banned
From what I've heard a generally high end PC(i7, 570, 6gb ram) can still be given a workout at max with around 30-60 fps.

I'm interested in:

Comparisons between PC and console
Impressions on 360-controller integration

Darklord said:
From what I've heard a generally high end PC(i7, 570, 6gb ram) can still be given a workout at max with around 30-60 fps.

Wow, that's pretty shocking (very similar to my rig except w/ 12GB ram) given the relatively lower recommeneded specs

Could be good (looks siginificantly better than consoles) or really bad (terribly optimized).

Gvaz

Banned
Darklord said:
Can't wait for the driver updates and patches, that's fucking shitty.

thefil

Interested in INI tweaking. You can disable the mouse acceleration via Documents/My Games/Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs.ini, but I haven't heard of anything for FOV yet (except the console).

Also, I'm playing on a 2.6 Ghz Core 2 Duo and Radeon HD 4770 at 1920 x 1200 at High settings with the AA turned down to 2x and the draw distances all turned up. Got 30+ frames through the opening of the game.

MikeE21286 said:
I'm interested in:

Comparisons between PC and console
Impressions on 360-controller integration

Wow, that's pretty shocking (very similar to my rig except w/ 12GB ram) given the relatively lower recommeneded specs

Could be good (looks siginificantly better than consoles) or really bad (terribly optimized).

Word on the internet streets is that controller integration works great. Icons and everything

Alexios

Banned
How does it run on a dual core system? The engine and overall content quality outside the nicer art style seem similar enough to Oblivion (which run on Pentium 4s!) to me so I would think it doesn't even need anything beyond that unless you want to enable some fancy new thing they've added like fully dynamic shadows or whatever. Right?

TheExodu5

Banned
A general note about GameBryo: don't have all the sliders maxed out. Keep all the detail and effects to max, but the distance sliders can be reduced with minimal loss in visual fidelity.

Peterthumpa

TheExodu5 said:
A general note about GameBryo: don't have all the sliders maxed out. Keep all the detail and effects to max, but the distance sliders can be reduced with minimal loss in visual fidelity.
Bu bu bu it isn't Gamebryo anymore.

Since some people are getting their hands on the PC version, I am curious if anyone can tell me what to expect with these specs:

Intel q6600 quad core cpu
asus gtx 560 1gb
4gb ram
Win 7 x64

I'm hoping it is playable on high settings or whatever, not sure if there is ultra or anything like that.

KKRT00

TheExodu5 said:
But its not a gamebryo anymore.

Damn You felipepl :p

grendelrt

nickbreckon said:
Crossfire and SLI are both supported.

I know you are not AMD but do the current drivers 11.10 with Cap4 work fine with Skyrim. I saw one poster in the OT mention he was getting blinking in crossfire, but he didnt list what drivers he was using. Thanks!

KKRT00

TheExodu5 said:
Has all the same slider settings. =\

I'll rephrase that, then: "A general note about Bethesda games..."
Actually every game :) Draw distance and LOD distance will always be performance hog.

news10gameguys

Neo Member
I know that in my copy of the 360 version, I had some freezes/skips in video as well as some general glitching with companion characters, NPCs (one spawned buried up to her bust in the ground), and enemies (a wholly mammoth fell from the sky -- no joke).

Treemonkeys said:
Since some people are getting their hands on the PC version, I am curious if anyone can tell me what to expect with these specs:

Intel q6600 quad core cpu
asus gtx 560 1gb
4gb ram
Win 7 x64

I'm hoping it is playable on high settings or whatever, not sure if there is ultra or anything like that.

Recommended Specs

•Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
•Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
•4GB System RAM
•6GB free HDD space
•DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce
•GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
•DirectX compatible sound card
•Internet access for Steam activation

Minimum Specs

•Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
•Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
•2GB System RAM
•6GB free HDD Space
•Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
•DirectX compatible sound card
•Internet access for Steam activation
You should easily play on high settings, but some of the talk in here makes me think otherwise right now.

KKRT00

Totobeni said:
it's just modified Gamebryo
Just like Frostbite 2 is modified Frosbite 1, Cryengine 3 is modified CE 2 and Idtech 4 is modified 3 :)
Yep, they share some code, but they can be totally different beasts.

Shadow780 said:
Can my laptop run it with 6650M?

i7, 8GB
Of course. 30fps on High or Med probably, depends of resolution.

coopolon

MikeE21286 said:
You should easily play on high settings, but some of the talk in here makes me think otherwise right now.

If this guy's experiences are typical...

thefil said:
Also, I'm playing on a 2.6 Ghz Core 2 Duo and Radeon HD 4770 at 1920 x 1200 at High settings with the AA turned down to 2x and the draw distances all turned up. Got 30+ frames through the opening of the game.

this game is not going to be very demanding at all to get running on high. Ultra is probably another matter.

K.Sabot

KKRT00 said:
Just like Frostbite 2 is modified Frosbite 1, Cryengine 3 is modified CE 2 and Idtech 4 is modified 3 :)
Yep, they share some code, but they can be totally different beasts.
Heeheehahahahahaha.

I'm gonna have some fun with the code when it comes out.

TheExodu5

Banned
Why the hell do developers turn on mouse acceleration by default? Ridiculous.

Anyways, my main concerns with this being a modified Gamebryo:

1) Mouse lag unless you reduce "CPU render ahead" in your GPU options to 0.
2) Stuttering when looking at light sources

I really hope those issues are gone.

I am going to post this in here as it is PC Skyrim related. Anyone buy from Greenman? Does it give you the key right away so you can preload?

coopolon

TheExodu5 said:

Anyways, my main concerns with this being a modified Gamebryo:

1) Mouse lag unless you reduce "CPU render ahead" in your GPU options to 0.
2) Stuttering when looking at light sources

I really hope those issues are gone.

Seriously. Who even wants it turned on in games?

KKRT00

TheExodu5 said:
Probably because of pad support and Windows has acceleration set by default, so they take it as a 'standard'.

schragnasher

Neo Member
From the screenshots it seems there is no SSAO, is this correct? Someone did it for Morrowind, wonder if they can do it for this.

TheExodu5

Banned
schragnasher said:
From the screenshots it seems there is no SSAO, is this correct? Someone did it for Morrowind, wonder if they can do it for this.

I really hope so. SSAO can go a long way to making a game seem a lot more realistic.

thefil

KKRT00 said:
Probably because of pad support and Windows has acceleration set by default, so they take it as a 'standard'.

In my imagination, game developers look at the literature, which says mouse acceleration is easier for people to use (which is true for targeting tasks like hitting icons on a screen) and assume it's uniformly true, even for a first person game where it's relative motion, and not targeting, that is important.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
i5 2500k, 4GB RAM, 2GB 6950. Hoping to max it out and be 30+fps. As its an RPG I'm not going to fuss too much about occasional drops.

Kritz

Banned
This is more control performance than graphical performance, but the menus are reaaaally clunky with a mouse. You have to really use WASD to navigate instead of the mouse, because the sensitivity is absolutely fucked. Even with 6000dpi at max sensitivity in the game, menus are an absolute crawl.

Game also has a weird time alt tabbing, and I notice when using the steam overlay, it does the same thing Witcher 2 did where it will think the shift key is still being held down AND MAKE YOU TALK LIKE THIS>

Peformance wise, with a 5850 on the latest drivers and a 965 CPU, the game runs absolutely fine on Ultra with 8x AA. I turned it down to 4x anyway because I don't notice the difference between 4-8, and it seems to run the same.

So besides shitty console port stuff, game runs fine for me.

For what it's worth, I'm getting a pretty steady 60 with dips to the 50s with a 1GB 6870, X4 955 @ 3.2GHz and 4Gb RAM; All high 4x FXAA, 16x AF at 1080p (this is in a big open area for reference). Hopefully this will help some people who were wondering what performance they'd get on a similar system.

Emitan

TheExodu5 said:
I've never had a problem with maxing out Oblivion. Plus I NEED to have that random coin being rendered from 500 feet away.

thefil

MNC said:
i5 2401m @ 2,3Ghz
4GB Ram
NVIDIA GT 540M

Hoping to play at 1366x768 at medium high @ 30 fps.

My computer is worse than yours in every way and I am playing at a higher resolution on those settings at that frame rate. Be free, friend.

Top Bottom