• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who was the worst Looney Tune character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Sniffles was annoying as fuck. That was actually his main character trait!

Also, haha at this blatant copyright toe-stepping:
220px-Merrie_Melodies_title_with_Foxy.jpg

I think I also liked Ralph and the sheepdog because their fighting was just a part of the job. They were friends once they punched out.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
I like Taz, but this

Guevara said:
If you see a person with a Tasmanian Devil tattoo, you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is true.

Tweety is the worst. GAF may not agree on who's #2, but we know which Looney Toon sucks.

Tenks

I never really liked the Tunes as a kid. The only ones that held my interest were the Road Runner shorts. Other than that I found it pretty boring.

richiek said:
Wow, I'm surprised there's no mention of Lola Bunny yet.

EDIT: Goddamnit, missed that in the OP.
It needs to be said that in the new looney toons cartoon, Lola is Fucking hilarious.

I'm not sure how the writers managed to turn the worst looney toons characters in to one of the funniest, but they did.

Aeana said:
Can women not like something that is male?
I love Eeyore. Lots of other women do, too. Should we not because he's not female? I don't understand.

Yeah, but when you see car stickers on Tweety Bird in front of love hearts and pink stuff... It kinda looks a bit weird.

I hated Pepe lepew or whatever the stupid skunk's name was. Those were my least favorite of all Looney Tunes cartoons. At least when I was a kid that's what it was. Don't know for certain, but I guess I'll jump on the Tweety hate train.

I never liked Tom and Jerry either, although that isn't Looney Tunes.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for the first one, but:

IU9jb.jpg

or

Fn48P.jpg

I always disliked Wile E Coyote because while I understand that all the Looney Tunes characters operated on a formula, his felt the most one-dimensional to me. It was a gag that got old the first couple of times and never changed. Whereas Bugs and Daffy had different goals (for better or for worse), Wile E's singular goal just got tiresome. And like with the Trix rabbit, it begs the question "If he has all this money to buy these rouses and props, why doesn't he have the money to just buy what he's after?" I know it's not something we're supposed to question, but it incessantly pops up in my head. All this, plus the boring desert environment and equally 1-dimensional Road Runner character just always made his cartoons a real bore for me.

And Tweety? Well, Tweety was just never funny as a character.

starchild excalibur said:
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for the first one, but:

IU9jb.jpg

or

Fn48P.jpg

I always disliked Wile E Coyote because while I understand that all the Looney Tunes characters operated on a formula, his felt the most one-dimensional to me. It was a gag that got old the first couple of times and never changed. Whereas Bugs and Daffy had different goals (for better or for worse), Wile E's singular goal just got tiresome. And like with the Trix rabbit, it begs the question "If he has all this money to buy these rouses and props, why doesn't he have the money to just buy what he's after?" I know it's not something we're supposed to question, but it incessantly pops up in my head. All this, plus the boring desert environment and equally 1-dimensional Road Runner character just always made his cartoons a real bore for me.

And Tweety? Well, Tweety was just never funny as a character.

Coyote and Roadrunner started out as a parody of chase cartoons, but exploded in popularity, plus were easy to write and draw, and...well yeah.

Leunam

gutter_trash said:
Tweety haters hate the toned down darling Tweety by Friz,

but the creator, Bob Clampett made Tweety violent LOL,

here is what early violent Tweety was like:

http://youtu.be/3IyGFSs8HQM?t=3m14s

the two cats are parodies of Abbot & Castello

Oh my god. I think I had this on tape. I'm old enough to understand what a Victory Garden is. Thank you sir for finding this.

JGS

Banned
SatelliteOfLove said:
Coyote and Roadrunner started out as a parody of chase cartoons, but exploded in popularity, plus were easy to write and draw, and...well yeah.
Yep.

For some reason I will just laugh and laugh at what that Coyote gets himself into.

I think the lack of discussion helps. The other stuff is horrible in comparison.

I'm dying at this right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=lghIDQSbxw8

So much effort (I love the ladders getting him to the point).

Yep, definitely Tweety and that stupid kangaroo.

EDIT: Even as a kid it was so easy to tell when a bad LT was about to come on. If it had the 1960s style opening, it was probably going to be some badly animated crap.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Shig said:
Sniffles was annoying as fuck. That was actually his main character trait!

Also, haha at this blatant copyright toe-stepping:
220px-Merrie_Melodies_title_with_Foxy.jpg

tbqh Looney Tunes started it (the monkey)

Spike

CaptYamato said:
This has never been said. Even in the new cartoon the writers fucked with the audience by acting like they were going to finally say which sex Tweet is. He whispered it and they trolled everyone.

He's a boy. In one of the earliest cartoons, he is wearing a sailor hat exactly like Donald Duck. Sylvester paints his thumb like a bird, and puts a bonnet on it, and Tweety instantly runs over to her.

Oh, and the only good Tweety:

Cartoon2.jpg

Burrito

Neo Member
starchild excalibur said:

Perhaps money cannot buy everything one could possibly want.

+1 for
the male
Tweety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom