• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TellTale Damages the Jeep of Something Awful's Boomerjinks

Minamu

Absolutely pathetic :( The amount of work they have put in to make this problem go away could've solved the issues ten times over, and probably cheaper too.

shoplifter

echoshifting said:
I'm starting to wonder if the higher-ups at TellTale even really know what is going on yet, they can't be this stupid. This is a company that relies on the good will of the "core" audience to survive and it is eroding by the hour.

Based on his comments on Reddit, it sounds like the CEO/President of TTG was well aware of it at PAX.

DarkJC

Agreed, talk about scummy. He even gave them multiple opportunities to let them do it right (i.e. Let him arrange transport, let him be the one that signs off on the car being delivered)

FatBaby

I remember seeing the Jeep at PAX and I definitely remember there being a tear in the seat when I got a close look at it. At the time I thought it was actually supposed to be like that, as if it was screen used or something, but reading through this thread I have to say I am very disappointed in TellTale with how this all went down.

I'd hate to say it, but if it was my Jeep/car/whatever, the second I would of seen an open car carrier, I would of called it off right then in there. I guess that would mean I would be "that guy" but I didn't sink a ton of money into something I love to have it transported like that.

It reminds me of a story that my Mom told me that at this car museum she works at, where one of the docents lent his 1963 Studebaker Avanti to the movie Gattaca. When he let them the car, it was yellow, and when he got it back, they had painted it blue/green or something. I think he just shrugged his shoulders over the whole thing, but I'd be a little less than pleased I think. Unless the paint job was super awesome. :)

I really hope he can get it worked out.

Posted in the other Jurassic Park thread but this is pretty terrible. I have lost any respect I ever had for this company. They need to own up to this shit.

Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah and their involvement in this situation is pretty bad, too.
GLNnm.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Forsete said:
This is awful. :/

Would you dare suggest that this is Something Awful?

Because it is.

Now, not only is there a problem with how this guy's car was treated, but they've got a problem with addressing the situation. Even if they decide to fix the car, which I'm sure they will, the fact that he had to take the issue public to get any action of them is going to seriously hurt the reputation of the company.

webrunner

This is like the stupid Bethesda thing. HEY, THE LAWYERS WORK FOR YOU NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND DONT LET THEM MAKE DECISIONS FOR YOU

FatalT

Banned
Boomerjinks has had a website set up for the construction and life of his Jurassic Park jeep. He now has an insert about this incident on it.

You can go now here for a consolidated place with all the news and info regarding TellTale damaging the Jurassic Park jeep:

http://www.jurassicjeep.com/

(Added to the OP)

FoneBone said:
Their Facebook page is getting flooded.

Good.

It's really started to explode. I'd say they had a nice, long window to resolve this without this story getting too big and they done fucked up. It's going to be everywhere, now.

My former friend and roommate works at TellTale, and right around the time he went totally psycho on me he also got in two minor collisions in the space of a few weeks. Not that I think he's the culprit, but it's the first thing I thought of when I read this.

Dr. Hoofington

Neo Member
I'm shocked Tell Tale haven't issued a press release resolving this issue in a classy way. Owning up to the problem and fixing it in a timely fashion would actually generate good press for them. They done goofed.

Kusagari

It amazes me that a company, especially one that relies a lot on internet/digital sales, could be so stupid. Did they not expect him to tell the internet about this?

sk3tch

So funny. TT could have resolved this so quickly and easily (and cheaply) with $2k and now they are going to lose much more money due to bad consumer perception. Granted, it's just us hardcore...but if this gets picked up by some more sites it could really get bad. They need to resolve this NOW. What idiots.

Wario64 said:

I'm not sure what they could possibly say about this to sway me at this point, but I'm all ears Alan. Let's hear it.

As he has now implied there is "another side" to this story we haven't heard, there better fucking be one. If it all amounts to "well we had to run it through legal first lol," that's bullshit. This has been going on for months.

Azih

The TellTale Lawyers are in full effect on this one. It's not their bad as they're paid to be absolute gigantic nitpicking jerks on behalf of their company. It *IS* the bad of those higher up at the company who could have very easily stepped in and told the lawyers to cool off and compensate the man for the damage.

The only way to get Telltale to fix this now is to get their PR department scared of their brand name being rightfully dragged in the mud. So yeah until that jeep is restored back to the original condition FUCK Telltale.

Nope, definitely took down the tweet. BUT NOT BEFORE I COULD MAKE A VERY WITTY RESPONSE TO IT on my twitter account I barely ever use.

Man this is some pretty shoddy handling of what could of only cost them $500 to $1000 most to fix at the time.

Dachande

FatBaby said:
It shows up if you go here:

http://twitter.com/#!/TheAlanJohnson/

No, it's definitely gone now. His last tweet is this one about Mario Land 3D: https://twitter.com/#!/TheAlanJohnson/status/136158351976431616

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be surprised if the people who actually make the games and take part in the bits of Telltale people even care about saw the complaints or have anything to do with this. This seems like something that a (somewhat lazy) community manager would just handball to legal, no? It's lame, but it certainly isn't a reason to ruin the whole company's reputation.

Vamphuntr

FatBaby said:
It shows up if you go here:

http://twitter.com/#!/TheAlanJohnson/

Guess something is wrong with my twitter because I only see his last tweet from 2 hours ago about Super Mario 3D Land.

Ha ha, yep, it's gone now. Anybody capture it? Not that inflammatory, I suppose, but he was basically implying there was some sort of wrongdoing on Boomerjinks part which is certainly bullshit.

Just handling this horribly. Wow.

Top thread on reddit now.

Azih

Rez said:
I'd be surprised if the people who actually make the games and take part in the bits of Telltale people even care about saw the complaints or have anything to do with this. This seems like something that a (somewhat lazy) community manager would just handball to legal, no? It's lame, but it certainly isn't a reason to ruin the whole company's reputation.
It is until they issue a full mea culpa and compensate the dude.

Edit: Even then they've at best gone from being a cool game developer that makes good PC games to just another asshole company that needs to be dragged kicking and screaming towards doing the right thing.

WTG TT.

FoneBone

Rez said:
Decisions made by individuals on behalf of the company affect the entire company's reputation. Nobody's blaming every individual employee there.

Maffis

I would expect this kind of behaviour from Activision or EA maybe, but not TellTale. Damn it, TellTale; I used to like you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Azih said:
It is until they issue a full mea culpa and compensate the dude.
I just feel bad for what I can only assume are the majority of Telltale who read this story banging their heads against the wall, powerless to actually do anything to help the guy, short of dipping into their own pockets (which is absurd, given that they probably had nothing to do with any of this).

Top Bottom