• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Finalow
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:45 PM)
Finalow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lirlond

Storm Spirit is hard to carry as, you normally get loads of assists(But this is a good thing, bloodstone!) and are really vulnerable. Good use of your ult is the way to survive with storm, you become invulnerable in it, so use it to disjoint stuns, and big nukes.

well ok for the stun but silence? Can't do much with that on.
geez, last game I was 6 - 1 and finished 6 - 6 'cause no one wanted to ingage first. =/
loss ofc. fuck yeah.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(02-28-2012, 05:46 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar

Originally Posted by finalozzo

well ok for the stun but silence? Can't do much with that on.
geez, last game I was 6 - 1 and finished 6 - 6 'cause no one wanted to ingage first. =/
loss ofc. fuck yeah.

my favorite teams are the ones where nobody picks anyone with a stun. wheeeeeeee.
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(02-28-2012, 05:48 PM)
HK-47's Avatar

Originally Posted by finalozzo

well ok for the stun but silence? Can't do much with that on.
geez, last game I was 6 - 1 and finished 6 - 6 'cause no one wanted to ingage first. =/
loss ofc. fuck yeah.

Nope, silence is a big counter to SS until he has BKB. Unless they have Doom, in which case good luck with that.
Archie
Second-rate Anihawk
(02-28-2012, 05:48 PM)
Archie's Avatar
So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Juggernaut
Storm Spirit
Enchantress
Axe
Baller King
Queen of Pain
Batrider
GLaDOS
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(02-28-2012, 05:52 PM)
HK-47's Avatar
Puck, instantly. If she has more fae talk and story references.
Guesong
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:53 PM)
Guesong's Avatar

Originally Posted by Archie

So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Bane
Windrunner
Invoker

So I got my sexy female voice, my freakishly outworldish voice and my awesome voice, on top of the default one.

Who needs more!
Sanjay
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:54 PM)
Sanjay's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rinku

I can understand your frustration, but I still stand on my argument. Use a clarity as soon as you use one or two chain lightning, that way you will not have to wait to use it again. Grab a bottle, arcane, whatever necessary to keep spamming. Make him pay for having to come and try to get that last creep kill. And if he does, you can always right click on him to drag the creeps to you, make the ranged creep attack you, and have him miscalculate the last hit, from there which you can deny.

Will work against bad players but If the players are even I'm sure BS has the match up on Zeus, as your forgetting BS can also silence you for 6 seconds (120 dmg) and surely he can just last hit during this to regen his HP back.

The best way is to make sure you get every rune so ward one end and ask another support to sit the other then gank mid loads of times.


Originally Posted by Archie

So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Make a thread, we will vote on it. But here are mines:-

Earthshaker
Windrunner
Last edited by Sanjay; 02-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Insured
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:04 PM)
Insured's Avatar

Originally Posted by Archie

So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Shadow Shaman and Death Prophet.
Artanisix
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:15 PM)
Artanisix's Avatar
Shadow Shaman
Leshrac
Sniper

So I got my sexy female voice, my freakishly outworldish voice and my awesome voice, on top of the default one.

Who needs more!
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(02-28-2012, 06:16 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar

Originally Posted by Archie

So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Juggernaut
Storm Spirit
Enchantress
Axe
Baller King
Queen of Pain
Batrider
GLaDOS

Storm Spirit + Zeus. They're both hilarious.
JustinBB7
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:17 PM)
JustinBB7's Avatar
I'd buy Pudge, Doom and a few of the girls would be great.
Finalow
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:20 PM)
Finalow's Avatar

Originally Posted by HK-47

Nope, silence is a big counter to SS until he has BKB. Unless they have Doom, in which case good luck with that.

bkb? After 40 min I have or Orchid or Blood lol, not even both.
Ultrabum
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:22 PM)
Ultrabum's Avatar
Storm spirit, axe, and enchantress announcers !
1.09
Low Tier
(02-28-2012, 06:30 PM)
1.09's Avatar
Viper
Viper
Viper
Tide
Swag
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:43 PM)
Swag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Archie

So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Death Prophet, and Tide if they made him say he could eat a hero everytime they do something.

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

I agree that eventually, he can be nuked. But in that laning situation, by the time Zeus hits level 6, BS is closing in on level 8 due to all the successful last-hits and denies. Oh, and Zeus basically got no meaningful farm out of the first 7 minutes of the game, so it's not like he's a threat to solo kill BS at that point either. Maybe you'd have to see it to get a really clear idea of what I'm talking about, that heal neutralizes any harass Zeus has between level 1-6. Zeus can't kill him before level 6 even if he wanted to. Only thing I can see slowing Bloodseeker farm against Zeus is a gank. A couple of them.

Your thinking too far ahead, by level 3 you win the lane, chain lightning creeps to early bottle ( this will also harass him), then lightning bolt him till he's forced out of lane. You may have to sacrifice him gaining some HP to get runes, but that's not a problem if you get a good enough rune to kill him.

Feast is only 10/15% at 1/2 so you should be able to keep him out of the creep line without fear of dying, considering its BS.

If he starts with a Magic Stick your probably fucked though.

You can check out 6351091 to see me vs Milk mid on Zeus, it's not exactly the BS vs Lesh matchup but you can kinda see how effective Zeus can be at keeping someone out of lane
Last edited by Swag; 02-28-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Bo
shoot bullets from her arse
(02-28-2012, 06:52 PM)
Bo's Avatar
Earthshaker, Sand King, Storm Spirit, Drow, Tidehunter. "I could eat a Night Stalker".

Q: Does Legion Commander's ult disable items activated prior to the ult? ie Blade Mail.

Concept Art Day (Lycanthrope, Syllabear, Shadow Demon) and/or Assassin Day.
Artanisix
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:55 PM)
Artanisix's Avatar
^ Nope. Pop BKB or Blade Mail or use Heaven's Halberd on the enemy and proceed to whoop on em.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(02-28-2012, 07:01 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sebulon3k

Your thinking too far ahead, by level 3 you win the lane, chain lightning creeps to early bottle ( this will also harass him), then lightning bolt him till he's forced out of lane. You may have to sacrifice him gaining some HP to get runes, but that's not a problem if you get a good enough rune to kill him.

Feast is only 10/15% at 1/2 so you should be able to keep him out of the creep line without fear of dying, considering its BS.

If he starts with a Magic Stick your probably fucked though.

You can check out 6351091 to see me vs Milk mid on Zeus, it's not exactly the BS vs Lesh matchup but you can kinda see how effective Zeus can be at keeping someone out of lane

would like to see that replay, yes. and I'll definitely give it a try next time around. I spent a lot of my early mana trying to bolt/chain lightning HIM instead of the creeps, which is undoubtedly why he had so much to eat (and subsequently so much to eat). Also, by level 3 he started silencing me and scooping up good amounts of life back by getting a few last hits in during that time.

I think the kid was just good. Coulped with the fact that I hadn't seen the matchup before, I didn't play it very well.
Bo
shoot bullets from her arse
(02-28-2012, 07:01 PM)
Bo's Avatar
Damn, that does sound a little hellish to deal with, especially if you're going to be the squishy support he zeroes in on every single teamfight. Something like a Pugna might come in handy.
Guesong
Member
(02-28-2012, 07:06 PM)
Guesong's Avatar

Originally Posted by Botolf

Damn, that does sound a little hellish to deal with, especially if you're going to be the squishy support he zeroes in on every single teamfight. Something like a Pugna might come in handy.

It doesn't even have to be a squishy support. LC can cast his second skill on himself right before his ult, ensuring victory over pretty much anyone in a 1v1 forced-attack duel (on top of his passive).

Also keep in mind that you get the buff if the enemy hero dies while under the effect of the spell ; it doesn't have to be YOUR kill. Meaning he's an excellent ganker as well ; force attack, have your ally help you nuke him to death.

I think he'll definitively be tinkered around once 6.73 becomes Tourney-approved, and once he comes into DotA2 in a year or so.
Bo
shoot bullets from her arse
(02-28-2012, 07:29 PM)
Bo's Avatar
He certainly sounds a hair batshit, balance-wise.

Dazzle might be another good counter, if nothing else to run the clock and deny him the bonus damage (though you'd want levels in Grave so as to have more than 1 in a protracted teamfight).
Togglesworlh
Banned
(02-28-2012, 07:53 PM)
Togglesworlh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Balehead

It's no easier being the solo queuer, he gets shit on what ever he does since the bros are a tight gang. They have their picks on lock before the game loads up and go with the buddies on their buddy lanes, sometimes creating completely idiotic lanes.

Most solo queuers aren't jackasses, and thus I will not treat them as such. But when your team already has a Viper and the other solo queuer already went Huskar - already giving us two ranged carries, which could be fine given the right team makeup! - and the jackass solo guy goes fucking Weaver a minute into the game after we've had our team set up for a long while, fuck them, fuck them, fuck them.
Last edited by Togglesworlh; 02-28-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Lumine
Member
(02-28-2012, 08:15 PM)
Lumine's Avatar
I have the beta!

...so where do I begin? :(

I get the jist of the game, I've played a round with bots and I've played LoL/HoN before (a single game in each...) but it all still feels very daunting and overwhelming. I have no idea who to pick, what items to buy, what lane to go to, etc. I'm scared to just pick a hero and go for it haha. :(
Guesong
Member
(02-28-2012, 08:20 PM)
Guesong's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lumine

I have the beta!

...so where do I begin? :(

I get the jist of the game, I've played a round with bots and I've played LoL/HoN before (a single game in each...) but it all still feels very daunting and overwhelming. I have no idea who to pick, what items to buy, what lane to go to, etc. I'm scared to just pick a hero and go for it haha. :(

Which you probably should not do anyways, unless you want to potentially (read : most likely) get trashtalked to hell and back.

Pick an easy hero like Lich (check the guide in the OP for his general build) to start off with for a couple of games.
rasberryjam
Member
(02-28-2012, 08:21 PM)
rasberryjam's Avatar
So I got into the beta sometime in January. I don't have any extra keys or anything, though. Did they start giving you extra keys for friends after that?
Schweinehund
Member
(02-28-2012, 08:27 PM)
Schweinehund's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ikuu

Syllabear looks closer to release than Lycan based on the assets, not that it matters as you'll need to wait an extra week to play whoever they add to Test.

Yeah that's what I thought too but cyborgmatt is basing this on the fact that the mini map icons are patched into the test client right now I guess.

Originally Posted by Archie

So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Juggernaut
Storm Spirit
Enchantress
Axe
Baller King
Queen of Pain
Batrider
GLaDOS

Dragon Knight
QoP
Invoker
Pugna

Originally Posted by rasberryjam

So I got into the beta sometime in January. I don't have any extra keys or anything, though. Did they start giving you extra keys for friends after that?

I think I got my invite in october from a friend, I think they stopped doing it shortly after that.
Stahsky
A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
(02-28-2012, 08:41 PM)
Stahsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lumine

I have the beta!

...so where do I begin? :(

I get the jist of the game, I've played a round with bots and I've played LoL/HoN before (a single game in each...) but it all still feels very daunting and overwhelming. I have no idea who to pick, what items to buy, what lane to go to, etc. I'm scared to just pick a hero and go for it haha. :(

Play some bot matches. Learn these things:

How to last hit
How to deny
Map awareness
Figure out what item does what
Figure out the types of heroes (Initiator, carry, support, etc etc)

Then, find a few heroes that fit your playstyle, and learn their roles. Example: Don't last hit in the lane if you are Lich and you are with a carry. Harass the enemies, deny (with both his E and by pressing a on 40% or less ally creeps)

And learn how to use his ult. Also keybind your inventory items, as they are defaulted to the numpad for some weird reason.
Last edited by Stahsky; 02-28-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Holden
Member
(02-28-2012, 08:44 PM)
Holden's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stahsky

Play some bot matches. Learn these things:

How to last hit
How to deny
Map awareness
Figure out what item does what
Figure out the types of heroes (Initiator, carry, support, etc etc)

Then, find a few heroes that fit your playstyle, and learn their roles. Example: Don't last hit in the lane if you are Lich and you are with a carry. Harass the enemies, deny (with both his E and by pressing a on 50% or less ally creeps)

And learn how to use his ult. Also keybind your inventory items, as they are defaulted to the numpad for some weird reason.

40% :)
Stahsky
A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
(02-28-2012, 08:47 PM)
Stahsky's Avatar
Oh, whoops.
throwawayname
Member
(02-28-2012, 08:57 PM)
throwawayname's Avatar
What a nice feeling when your teammate furion sprouts you several times with an enemy inside and you cant escape and die. I hate solo matchmaking.
Stahsky
A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
(02-28-2012, 08:58 PM)
Stahsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by pnn

What a nice feeling when your teammate furion sprouts you several times with an enemy inside and you cant escape and die. I hate solo matchmaking.



I did that to a friend by mistake the other day and felt like a total douche
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(02-28-2012, 09:00 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar

Originally Posted by pnn

What a nice feeling when your teammate furion sprouts you several times with an enemy inside and you cant escape and die. I hate solo matchmaking.

happened to me 4 or 5 times in a single game once while playing as Riki. Dude just didn't seem to know when Riki does or doesn't need help.
Davidion
Rambunctious Rogue
yet
Regrets his Tag
(02-28-2012, 09:06 PM)
Davidion's Avatar

Originally Posted by pnn

What a nice feeling when your teammate furion sprouts you several times with an enemy inside and you cant escape and die. I hate solo matchmaking.

When I was playing with GAF I was trying to escape back to base, and while running up the mid river stairs the clockwork on my team popped the gears, trapping me on the stairs.

I didn't get upset, but that was a hell of a groan I let out.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(02-28-2012, 09:07 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar
Nothing is funnier than watching a Destoyer trap a teammate or himself in a team fight or while trying to escape.
kazabi
Member
(02-28-2012, 09:10 PM)
kazabi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Archie

So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Clockwerk

FLARES HERE
Artanisix
Member
(02-28-2012, 09:15 PM)
Artanisix's Avatar
RATTLETRAP
Hylian7
Member
(02-28-2012, 09:15 PM)
Hylian7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Archie

So, what announcer packs would you instantly buy?

Juggernaut
Storm Spirit
Enchantress
Axe
Baller King
Queen of Pain
Batrider
GLaDOS

Pudge
Queen of Pain
Broodmother
Death Prophet
Dragon Knight
Earthshaker
Ursa
Storm Spirit
Bo
shoot bullets from her arse
(02-28-2012, 09:16 PM)
Bo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Davidion

When I was playing with GAF I was trying to escape back to base, and while running up the mid river stairs the clockwork on my team popped the gears, trapping me on the stairs.

I didn't get upset, but that was a hell of a groan I let out.

Heh, I've done that (once).

If that was you, I apologize again!
Lumine
Member
(02-28-2012, 09:24 PM)
Lumine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guesong

Which you probably should not do anyways, unless you want to potentially (read : most likely) get trashtalked to hell and back.

Pick an easy hero like Lich (check the guide in the OP for his general build) to start off with for a couple of games.

Originally Posted by Stahsky

Play some bot matches. Learn these things:

How to last hit
How to deny
Map awareness
Figure out what item does what
Figure out the types of heroes (Initiator, carry, support, etc etc)

Then, find a few heroes that fit your playstyle, and learn their roles. Example: Don't last hit in the lane if you are Lich and you are with a carry. Harass the enemies, deny (with both his E and by pressing a on 40% or less ally creeps)

And learn how to use his ult. Also keybind your inventory items, as they are defaulted to the numpad for some weird reason.

I appreciate the replies. I think I got most of that figured out already.
Last hitting is the same as dealing the killing blow to creep so you earn gold, right? I suppose denying is doing the reverse? Killing your own creep so your enemy doesn't earn the gold? And I guess map awareness and knowledge of items and heroes comes with time. I've read about the roles on the wiki. Though not all of it is clear to me and it seems like a lot of info one needs to learn beforehand just to enjoy a simple multiplayer game, but alas. I guess I'll do another bot round and try Lich this time. I've tried anti-mage and ursa before. I've always had a thing for high risk, high damage, up close 'n personal, melee, glass cannons. Not sure if either one fits this description though. :P

Is there any rule to which hero should pick what lane or is this simply something that's discussed right before the match starts?
Davidion
Rambunctious Rogue
yet
Regrets his Tag
(02-28-2012, 09:31 PM)
Davidion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Botolf

Heh, I've done that (once).

If that was you, I apologize again!

Did you block a Lesh? Then I'm pretty sure it was you.

Don't even worry about it just expect to be yelled at later when I see you on. Because my ass got shanked pretty bad that day
Last edited by Davidion; 02-28-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Stahsky
A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
(02-28-2012, 09:36 PM)
Stahsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lumine

I appreciate the replies. I think I got most of that figured out already.
Last hitting is the same as dealing the killing blow to creep so you earn gold, right? I suppose denying is doing the reverse? Killing your own creep so your enemy doesn't earn the gold? And I guess map awareness and knowledge of items and heroes comes with time. I've read about the roles on the wiki. Though not all of it is clear to me and it seems like a lot of info one needs to learn beforehand just to enjoy a simple multiplayer game, but alas. I guess I'll do another bot round and try Lich this time. I've tried anti-mage and ursa before. I've always had a thing for high risk, high damage, up close 'n personal, melee, glass cannons. Not sure if either one fits this description though. :P

Is there any rule to which hero should pick what lane or is this simply something that's discussed right before the match starts?



Certain heroes benefit from mid better than others. Normally those who need to level up faster, or can gank to assist top or bot early. You may understand the last hitting and denying part, but the issue is actually doing it right. Every hero has a different attack animation, so make sure you learn 'em.

and there is nothing simple about this game. come in expecting to sit down and do your homework, or don't bother. this game can be ruthless
Cheeto
Member
(02-28-2012, 09:37 PM)
Cheeto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lumine

I appreciate the replies. I think I got most of that figured out already.
Last hitting is the same as dealing the killing blow to creep so you earn gold, right? I suppose denying is doing the reverse? Killing your own creep so your enemy doesn't earn the gold? And I guess map awareness and knowledge of items and heroes comes with time. I've read about the roles on the wiki. Though not all of it is clear to me and it seems like a lot of info one needs to learn beforehand just to enjoy a simple multiplayer game, but alas. I guess I'll do another bot round and try Lich this time. I've tried anti-mage and ursa before. I've always had a thing for high risk, high damage, up close 'n personal, melee, glass cannons. Not sure if either one fits this description though. :P

Is there any rule to which hero should pick what lane or is this simply something that's discussed right before the match starts?

Anti-Mage is actually a very tanky, low risk, high damage hero if you don't go the usual noob item route and build something like a basher or vlads first.
Kapura
Banned
(02-28-2012, 09:38 PM)
Kapura's Avatar
fuck windrunner, fuck having to go mid, and motherfuck dumbshit pubs.
Guesong
Member
(02-28-2012, 09:39 PM)
Guesong's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lumine

I appreciate the replies. I think I got most of that figured out already.
Last hitting is the same as dealing the killing blow to creep so you earn gold, right? I suppose denying is doing the reverse? Killing your own creep so your enemy doesn't earn the gold? And I guess map awareness and knowledge of items and heroes comes with time. I've read about the roles on the wiki. Though not all of it is clear to me and it seems like a lot of info one needs to learn beforehand just to enjoy a simple multiplayer game, but alas. I guess I'll do another bot round and try Lich this time. I've tried anti-mage and ursa before. I've always had a thing for high risk, high damage, up close 'n personal, melee, glass cannons. Not sure if either one fits this description though. :P

Is there any rule to which hero should pick what lane or is this simply something that's discussed right before the match starts?

That's mostly determined before the match starts. Some heroes may work better as mid, but can still be in a sidelane if needed.

Generally though, the carries (like Anti-Mage or Ursa) are to be sent to Radiant Bottom lane (if Radiant) or Dire top line (if Dire), because it is less susceptible to be ganked and the fight is closer to your home tower, making it easier to fall back if needed.

As a carry like AM or Ursa though, it is of utmost importance that you know about the ancient chinese tradition of ricing and farming, and awareness in teamfights. Since those type of things are generally acquired once you get a good feel for the game (and knowing what every hero can do and such), it is why it is recommanded for new players to go for easier, item-independants heroes such as Lich, Venomancer, Crystal Maiden.
Bo
shoot bullets from her arse
(02-28-2012, 09:42 PM)
Bo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Davidion

Did you block a Lesh? Then I'm pretty sure it was you.

Don't even worry about it just expect to be yelled at later when I see you on. Because my ass got shanked pretty bad that day

I think it was a Leshrac who got got nudged into a corner between a cog and the ramp edge. All came down to my facing when I popped the cogs, one of the rare times I lost track of it.
Davidion
Rambunctious Rogue
yet
Regrets his Tag
(02-28-2012, 09:44 PM)
Davidion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Botolf

I think it was a Leshrac who got got nudged into a corner between a cog and the ramp edge. All came down to my facing when I popped the cogs, one of the rare times I lost track of it.

It's alright, I've long come to terms with the fact that I was just a stepping stone on the path of the ascension of Protolf. :(
Last edited by Davidion; 02-28-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Bo
shoot bullets from her arse
(02-28-2012, 09:47 PM)
Bo's Avatar
Is the stepping stone a lesson in hapless mortification? If so, it lives on in my nightmares.
Gully State
Member
(02-28-2012, 09:53 PM)
Gully State's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stahsky

Certain heroes benefit from mid better than others. Normally those who need to level up faster, or can gank to assist top or bot early. You may understand the last hitting and denying part, but the issue is actually doing it right. Every hero has a different attack animation, so make sure you learn 'em.

and there is nothing simple about this game. come in expecting to sit down and do your homework, or don't bother. this game can be ruthless

This x1000. Not to mention last hitting while someone is harassing you.
JustinBB7
Member
(02-28-2012, 11:38 PM)
JustinBB7's Avatar
Played 2 AMAZING matches today. I'm almost done learning all the heroes, first game I was Necrolyte and my friend was Doom. Our team fed so hard, our Shadow Shaman died like 10 times in 15 minutes. We had to defend like crazy, we held them off, SS went suicidal again and kept pushing towers by himself, which worked for some reason and he got barracks (and then fed some more of course).

At the end both the ancients were exposed, 3/4 of us died, and we had to defend, we held them off again, and pushed back 2 times and finally got it. What a fucking game that was, jesus christ!


And just now we had a game where I was Warlock, friend was Doom again, we had a Drow on mid who bought a hyperstone first (and nothing else) then went to build Boots of travel and Mjollnir and nothing else besides that + feeding. They had a beastmaster at level 22 while we were all around 15/16/17. And again we came back and won with a miracle. With a lot of help from our Dark Seer who had Agh Scepter.

Really fun games, actually am tired from it, specially the first one.
Last edited by JustinBB7; 02-29-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(02-28-2012, 11:42 PM)
Haly's Avatar
The trick is not to memorize every single attack animation, obviously, but be able to readjust your last hitting/animation cancelling instincts within the first minute or so.

You should begin practicing last hitting on someone with a fast animation, like AM, Slar, or Dazzle, then eventually move to slower and slower ones like CM, ES, or Drow as you get more comfortable. The ultimate test of last hitting is Lina, with her whopping 0.75 seconds attack animation (not including travel time).
Last edited by Haly; 02-28-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Thread Tools