• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Irish
Member
(03-30-2012, 06:06 PM)
Irish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Risible

Why does everyone hate on Sniper? Serious question, I have no idea.

Who knows. My favorite pusher (carry larry) by far. That dwarf just eats through creep waves and towers when properly built. He starts off with pitiful damage, but after a few levels he really cranks that crap up.

I just hate that he is so squishy. Still, it's not as big of a deal with his range.
close to the edge
Member
(03-30-2012, 06:06 PM)
close to the edge's Avatar

Originally Posted by Risible

Why does everyone hate on Sniper? Serious question, I have no idea.

Super squishy, no escape skill, completely dependent on positioning (admittedly made easier by his ridiculous range, but still). His skills are pretty cool, his ultimate is pretty awesome but you need good Dota fundamentals to be good with him. Not a good hero for a beginner.
The_Player
Member
(03-30-2012, 06:09 PM)
The_Player's Avatar
Dazzle so good, so good. Was solo laning with him against Puck and Huskar, decided to go Medalion. Well, even Huskar's passive can't save him if he's facing this much physical damage, that's for sure.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(03-30-2012, 06:14 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

I think I have found the mother of all console commands, the command to display information related to the hero performance!

dota_hero_standings_debug

Turn developer mode on (developer 1), and feast your eyes on numbers.

I can't seem to find instructions on how to turn on developer mode.
tsunami643
Member
(03-30-2012, 06:19 PM)
tsunami643's Avatar
Played a game as Naix with a VS, Slardar and a Dazzle with Medallion. Built AC.

Open wounds someone, quadruple/quintuple armor debuff...

Sanjay
Member
(03-30-2012, 06:30 PM)
Sanjay's Avatar

Originally Posted by Irish

Who knows. My favorite pusher (carry larry) by far. That dwarf just eats through creep waves and towers when properly built. He starts off with pitiful damage, but after a few levels he really cranks that crap up.

I just hate that he is so squishy. Still, it's not as big of a deal with his range.

Originally Posted by close to the edge

Super squishy, no escape skill, completely dependent on positioning (admittedly made easier by his ridiculous range, but still). His skills are pretty cool, his ultimate is pretty awesome but you need good Dota fundamentals to be good with him. Not a good hero for a beginner.

What lies! Dwarfs are little tanks, 2.3khp lvl18. Build tanky items, no escape? build Skadi kite them all day long, have a good team to back you up.

Remember what are snipers? best support for you infantry. Always be behind your team, get caught? lol try killing me with 2k plus hp while my team helps me.



Irish
Member
(03-30-2012, 06:33 PM)
Irish's Avatar
Bah, no need to do that. Sniper shouldn't even be at risk to need that much health. You should be doing more damage and quicker!
Swag
Member
(03-30-2012, 06:40 PM)
Swag's Avatar
That Screenshot is disgusting for so many reasons Sanjay
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 06:56 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Player

Dazzle so good, so good. Was solo laning with him against Puck and Huskar, decided to go Medalion. Well, even Huskar's passive can't save him if he's facing this much physical damage, that's for sure.

I love dazzle. Whats a medalion do?
Togglesworlh
Banned
(03-30-2012, 06:59 PM)
Togglesworlh's Avatar

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

I love dazzle. Whats a medalion do?

Reduces their and your armor.

Great for Dazzle because both of his damaging spells do physical damage.
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 07:01 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Togglesworlh

Reduces their and your armor.

Great for Dazzle because both of his damaging spells do physical damage.

Ah thanks.

I wish everyones abilities said if it was physical or magic. I'm sure i could read up on it somewhere but it would be nice to see in game, then i would know what to buy on people
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(03-30-2012, 07:11 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar
Got probably my most absurd win ever last night.

Match started fine. I was mid with Drow; lion and SB were bot against Omni + Axe. Omni and Axe start off ridiculously aggressive, chasing bot beyond the t1 tower. I go down to help and we get an immediate double kill. Up 2-0, things are going smoothly.

Well, I must not have been paying good attention because by the 7-minute mark I look up (expecting to see 2-0 or something like that still) and it's like...2-9 in their favor. By the 12-minute mark its something like 20-3. The majority of my team is feeding, so I pretty much conclude that it's all over but the crying. I keep playing it out anyway even though we're getting molested. By the 30 minute mark all our towers are down (all but one of theirs stands) and we're pushed in our base trying to fend off waves of creeps, trying to absorb aegis axe, etc. we lose a couple of tier 3's and the top rax, so we're trying to push top out as far as possible while dealing with their pushes. Somehow we get 3 consecutive successful team fights (resulting in their mid towers getting pushed down), and their key players run out of money for buy-backs. The last engagement happens at mid and baby, they don't see us coming. invis bounty + shadow drow + shadow lion + sb doing *just enough* to silence/stun down omni, gem exposes riki next...np nowhere around...axe and viper goes down quickly...and we win the game.

I still don't believe it. when 3 characters on your team go a combined 8/41...you don't expect to win.

Never give up. That's the lesson for the day.
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 07:19 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar
haha singsings stream, its nothing but people spamming him for invites to play with him. Yeah i know what that feels like *flexes*



^that is a weird win.. well that riki had 0 farm
Forkball
Member
(03-30-2012, 07:21 PM)
Forkball's Avatar
Honestly, what's the best way to stop farm heavy heroes like Ursa, Lycan, Druid etc. I know you will say " don't let them farm/jungle" but they seem to get built up so quickly and by the time you see them, they can already wreck you.
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 07:23 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forkball

Honestly, what's the best way to stop farm heavy heroes like Ursa, Lycan, Druid etc. I know you will say " don't let them farm/jungle" but they seem to get built up so quickly and by the time you see them, they can already wreck you.

I kinda suck and have no clue what im talking about. But i would guess the best way is to force team fights. If they have someone in jungle just 5 man up and push a lane to force that other person out of the jungle. If they dont come out of the jungle to help, then just keep taking towers
Lactose_Intolerant
Member
(03-30-2012, 07:25 PM)
Lactose_Intolerant's Avatar

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

haha singsings stream, its nothing but people spamming him for invites to play with him. Yeah i know what that feels like *flexes*



^that is a weird win.. well that riki had 0 farm

Bear Knight went 17-3 and he still lost. His team was so bad.
Guesong
Member
(03-30-2012, 07:25 PM)
Guesong's Avatar
Is Hyuna gonna fuck up SingSing

IS HE
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 07:29 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar
holy shit

hyuna is playing singsing

he just said fuck this guy to hyuna haha

he admitted to being outlast hit mid by hyuna

GO GAF

edit: swag said hyuna isnt online, DAMN HIM and his imposters
Last edited by dorkimoe; 03-30-2012 at 07:32 PM.
SamVimes
Member
(03-30-2012, 07:33 PM)
SamVimes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guesong

Is Hyuna gonna fuck up SingSing

IS HE

That's a dumb fucking storm spirit man
Lactose_Intolerant
Member
(03-30-2012, 07:33 PM)
Lactose_Intolerant's Avatar

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

holy shit

hyuna is playing singsing

he just said fuck this guy to hyuna haha

he admitted to being outlast hit mid by hyuna

GO GAF

edit: swag said hyuna isnt online, DAMN HIM and his imposters

"that is the dumbest storm spirit I've ever seen" after sing gets first blood on him

haha, he's still trolling him
HenryHSH
Member
(03-30-2012, 07:34 PM)
HenryHSH's Avatar

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

holy shit

hyuna is playing singsing

he just said fuck this guy to hyuna haha

he admitted to being outlast hit mid by hyuna

GO GAF

edit: swag said hyuna isnt online, DAMN HIM and his imposters

Yeah... And I've seen other people with the same name. HyunA(1), etc.

I'd like to think that stupid first blood wasn't him. lol
Guesong
Member
(03-30-2012, 07:36 PM)
Guesong's Avatar
Awww.

Does Hyuna stand for anything? You'd think there wouldn't be alot of people using that nickname. K-Pop idol?
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 07:38 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar

Originally Posted by HenryHSH

Yeah... And I've seen other people with the same name. HyunA(1), etc.

I'd like to think that stupid first blood wasn't him. lol

maybe its hoothoot undercover


Originally Posted by Guesong

Awww.

Does Hyuna stand for anything? You'd think there wouldn't be alot of people using that nickname. K-Pop idol?

yeah google search, its some jpop,kpop,pooppop thing
Procarbine
Forever Platinum
(03-30-2012, 08:07 PM)
Procarbine's Avatar
Wasn't our hyuna
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(03-30-2012, 08:11 PM)
HK-47's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forkball

Honestly, what's the best way to stop farm heavy heroes like Ursa, Lycan, Druid etc. I know you will say " don't let them farm/jungle" but they seem to get built up so quickly and by the time you see them, they can already wreck you.

If you have multiple jungling heroes like Dark Seer, Chen, Enchantress, etc, you can offensively jungle the shit out of them. But you need good coordination.
Schweinehund
Member
(03-30-2012, 08:23 PM)
Schweinehund's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forkball

Honestly, what's the best way to stop farm heavy heroes like Ursa, Lycan, Druid etc. I know you will say " don't let them farm/jungle" but they seem to get built up so quickly and by the time you see them, they can already wreck you.

What really screws me up is an agressive venomancer. Venomancer + a Bounty Hunter will just own junglers. Using his wards to block spawn camps and venomous gale ganking + putting pressure on solo lane with wards makes venomancer a very good choice.
Finalow
Member
(03-30-2012, 08:37 PM)
Finalow's Avatar
sniper is just the worst carry in the game.

btw sing_sing just lost against a 21 - 3 ss called Hyuna, not this gaf Hyuna tho (this ss was a good player you know). so yeah, a lot of Hyuna.
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 08:37 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar
Is there going to be an all random mode? Or was there in dota1?
throwawayname
Member
(03-30-2012, 08:41 PM)
throwawayname's Avatar

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

Is there going to be an all random mode? Or was there in dota1?

Its already there in lobby games and might come soon to matchmacking.
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 08:43 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar

Originally Posted by pnn

Its already there in lobby games and might come soon to matchmacking.

Oh never noticed. Nice. Gives me an excuse to try a new hero and suck
Sanjay
Member
(03-30-2012, 08:45 PM)
Sanjay's Avatar
Look at the map.


Windrunner doing her best to stop weaver and mega creeps from taking the base while the other 4 of us are doing the same after wining teamfight, came down to a 10% left on our base while we took theirs. Man this game was a high to low back to high.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(03-30-2012, 08:50 PM)
Drkirby's Avatar
Looking though some texture files, I did find what I think is an unused texture relating to bounty hunter's track, since it's called status_track_scroll.



Also, a bunch of the items actually have models to them.
Last edited by Drkirby; 03-30-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(03-30-2012, 08:52 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

I can't seem to find instructions on how to turn on developer mode.

anyone?
Sanjay
Member
(03-30-2012, 08:55 PM)
Sanjay's Avatar
Do you mean console mode?

http://www.neutralcreeps.com/2011/10...2-console.html
Schweinehund
Member
(03-30-2012, 08:57 PM)
Schweinehund's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

anyone?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=289478

developer 1

in console
dorkimoe
Banned
(03-30-2012, 09:09 PM)
dorkimoe's Avatar
When I get home I need to setup my bindings so I can learn how to micro. I want to learn to play chen and all those people
Archie
Second-rate Anihawk
(03-30-2012, 09:10 PM)
Archie's Avatar
Fnatic's HoN team moves to Dota 2
Schweinehund
Member
(03-30-2012, 09:11 PM)
Schweinehund's Avatar

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

When I get home I need to setup my bindings so I can learn how to micro. I want to learn to play chen and all those people

I've been wanting to switch my keybinds up and use camera pan on wsad, items on alt 12345, skills on 12345, controls groups on f1-f5.
SteveWinwood
Banned
(03-30-2012, 09:15 PM)
SteveWinwood's Avatar
Getting extra money from randoming makes me just want to do it all the time. Getting boots that much faster really helps. I can't wait to be burned by it hard and never want to do it again.
The_Player
Member
(03-30-2012, 09:29 PM)
The_Player's Avatar

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

Ah thanks.

I wish everyones abilities said if it was physical or magic. I'm sure i could read up on it somewhere but it would be nice to see in game, then i would know what to buy on people

Actually, you can find this kind of information in skill popups.

Originally Posted by Drkirby

Looking though some texture files, I did find what I think is an unused texture relating to bounty hunter's track, since it's called status_track_scroll.



Also, a bunch of the items actually have models to them.

Hey, Cyborgmatt, you forgot to relogin.
Last edited by The_Player; 03-30-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Irish
Member
(03-30-2012, 09:32 PM)
Irish's Avatar

Originally Posted by finalozzo

sniper is just the worst carry in the game.

I would have called him a Pusher from the start.
Sanjay
Member
(03-30-2012, 09:39 PM)
Sanjay's Avatar

Originally Posted by Archie

Fnatic's HoN team moves to Dota 2

Get Freshpro and Trixi back to make the best team possible.
Artanisix
Member
(03-30-2012, 09:43 PM)
Artanisix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Risible

Why does everyone hate on Sniper? Serious question, I have no idea.

They hate him because he's the greatest carry known to man.

Also if you look at the latest filipino competitive replays, Naga Siren is a top pick and top ban. Interessttiiiiiiiiiing.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(03-30-2012, 09:52 PM)
Drkirby's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Player

Actually, you can find this kind of information in skill popups.



Hey, Cyborgmatt, you forgot to relogin.

I am surprised matt never posted about these:




















I finally know what Shiva's actually looks like, the icon looked like some arctic mushroom.
Lactose_Intolerant
Member
(03-30-2012, 10:02 PM)
Lactose_Intolerant's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanjay

Get Freshpro and Trixi back to make the best team possible.

They already asked Trixi back, he said no. Then probably drew a penis.
Darkkn
Member
(03-30-2012, 10:09 PM)
Darkkn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

I am surprised matt never posted about these:
]

...

I finally know what Shiva's actually looks like, the icon looked like some arctic mushroom.

Why have they modelled items in 3d when all you can see ingame is 2d icons?
Lirlond
Member
(03-30-2012, 10:12 PM)
Lirlond's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkkn

Why have they modelled items in 3d when all you can see ingame is 2d icons?

So the heroes can carry them
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(03-30-2012, 10:14 PM)
Haly's Avatar
Maybe we'll finally see the items on our heroes now.

Originally Posted by Artanisix

Also if you look at the latest filipino competitive replays, Naga Siren is a top pick and top ban. Interessttiiiiiiiiiing.

Makes me happy. I <3 Siren.
KScorp
Member
(03-30-2012, 10:16 PM)
KScorp's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkkn

Why have they modelled items in 3d when all you can see ingame is 2d icons?

Probably for when you drop items on the ground. Most items are the generic item box atm, only a few have models, like the TP scroll, Divine Rapier, and Gem.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(03-30-2012, 10:19 PM)
Dreams-Visions's Avatar

Originally Posted by JiveTurkey

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=289478

developer 1

in console

ty.

my 5-bar Drow:

hero_id: 6
wins: 41
losses: 28
hero_performance: 1.6209232
hero_variance: 1.4757149

almost 5-bar Windrunner:

wins: 8
losses: 6
hero_performance: 1.1853285
hero_variance: 1.0267502


almost 5-bar Zeus:
wins: 41
losses: 37
hero_performance: 1.1460303
hero_variance: 1.6454581

Thread Tools