• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer: South Park RPG by Obsidian/THQ (PC/360/PS3, Creators Writing/Overseein)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/01/cover-reveal-south-park.aspx

0wmew.jpg

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have never been shy about their love of gaming. From Randy Marsh playing Guitar Hero in his underpants to the legendary "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode, the comic duo have demonstrated an obvious familiarity with the medium. Now that they've conquered television, film, and Broadway, the next target on their hit list is the gaming industry.

Thanks to a collaboration with THQ and Obsidian, Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game. Unlike the cash-in Acclaim titles from over a decade ago, this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. As the new kid in South Park, it'll be up to you to make friends and defend the town from a wide range of threats. Be sure to check out our January issue for all the details, as well as an interview with Parker and Stone themselves.

This issue will begin arriving in subscribers' mailboxes throughout the next week, and you can check out the digital version when it goes live on December 8 (click here to subscribe to our digital edition).

South Park won't be out until sometime in 2012, but you can check out video interviews, extended info, and more on our hub throughout the month. Stay tuned!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wow. Surprised in a bad way.

Derrick01

Banned
The current kings of the RPG making a South Park game, and I love South Park.

My mind cannot contain the amounts of awesome this could end up being.

sonicmj1

I didn't think the game industry could surprise me anymore. Guess I was wrong.

Still have no idea what to make of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom