• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

BY2K
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:42 PM)
BY2K's Avatar


This is priceless.
Len1978
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:43 PM)
Len1978's Avatar
That is so awsome!
Hollywood Duo
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:43 PM)
Hollywood Duo's Avatar
What a terrible location for gamestop to operate out of.
sixteen-bit
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:43 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
I hope to see BMW vs. Audi-esque billboard shenanigans ensue.
Valnen
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:44 PM)
Valnen's Avatar
That's hilarious, but I find their ads on hulu to be obnoxious and almost demeaning to gamers.
Omegasquash
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:44 PM)
Omegasquash's Avatar
I see that, and I have a mental picture of a middle finger.
WhatRobEats
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:45 PM)
WhatRobEats's Avatar


I can't see shit!
jediyoshi
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:45 PM)
jediyoshi's Avatar
obligatory reddit comment.
YuriLowell
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:46 PM)
YuriLowell's Avatar
How is this trolling?

I swear trolling is the Internets most overused word.
plagiarize
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:46 PM)
plagiarize's Avatar
using your competitors branding etc never strikes me as a good idea. obviously Best Buy are the bigger store here, but obviously they aren't the number 1 place to trade in games yet, or they wouldn't be doing it.

nothing screams 'we're number 2!' more than that kind of crap.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(12-01-2011, 08:46 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valnen

That's hilarious, but I find their ads on hulu to be obnoxious and almost demeaning to gamers.

I feel sad for the space marine guy who's getting traded in. =(
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(12-01-2011, 08:46 PM)
DrForester's Avatar
If you're going to trade, why wouldn't you trade at Best Buy. They give more, and even if they didn't I'd put a higher value on a $25 Best Buy credit than Gamestop, just because there's a lot more to buy.
LiK
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:47 PM)
LiK's Avatar
lol
flyinpiranha
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:47 PM)
flyinpiranha's Avatar

Originally Posted by jediyoshi

obligatory reddit comment.

Damn, beat me too it. Same title too I think.
speculawyer
clairvoyancy is no excuse for trollin'
(12-01-2011, 08:48 PM)
speculawyer's Avatar

Originally Posted by BY2K



This is priceless.

Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(12-01-2011, 08:48 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrForester

If you're going to trade, why wouldn't you trade at Best Buy. They give more, and even if they didn't I'd put a higher value on a $25 Best Buy credit than Gamestop, just because there's a lot more to buy.

Yeah Best Buy rocks, I got like $200 in credit not too long ago, I imagine I would have gotten half that from GS. Also it's nice because you can look up prices online, ahead of time.
Parallax Scroll
best in Shadow of the Beast
(12-01-2011, 08:48 PM)
Parallax Scroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valnen

That's hilarious, but I find their ads on hulu to be obnoxious and almost demeaning to gamers.

Demeaning? Soldier dude, master chief dude, and barbarian dude are all pretty funny to me.
Amagon
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:49 PM)
Amagon's Avatar

Originally Posted by jediyoshi

obligatory reddit comment.

hehe
Somnid
Corporate Ballwasher
Ignore everything I say
(12-01-2011, 08:50 PM)
Somnid's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrForester

If you're going to trade, why wouldn't you trade at Best Buy. They give more, and even if they didn't I'd put a higher value on a $25 Best Buy credit than Gamestop, just because there's a lot more to buy.

And because Best Buy has actual sales on new products. I got No More Heroes 2 for $8 yesterday and Nintendogs + Cats for $10 the week before at Best Buy. Both would be $20-$30 used at Gamestop.
SykoTech
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:50 PM)
SykoTech's Avatar
They'r really getting aggressive with this, huh? There was some generic flash animation thing on YouTube slamming GameStop which Best Buy was sponsoring as well.
Deadly Joker
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:51 PM)
Deadly Joker's Avatar
It would be funnier if I could actually read what it said.
DangerStepp
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:52 PM)
DangerStepp's Avatar

Originally Posted by jediyoshi

obligatory reddit comment.

I hate reddit.
Valnen
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:54 PM)
Valnen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Parallax Scroll

Demeaning? Soldier dude, master chief dude, and barbarian dude are all pretty funny to me.

It's sort of like when Hollywood puts a "video game" in a movie and they make it look like we're still playing primitive games from the 70's on our new consoles. That kind of demeaning.
sixteen-bit
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:55 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deadly Joker

It would be funnier if I could actually read what it said.

Something like: Stop, why trade in at a place that only sells Games?
MuseManMike
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:55 PM)
MuseManMike's Avatar
Two awful corporations.
Dragonzord
coaches in the WNBA
(12-01-2011, 08:55 PM)
Dragonzord's Avatar
Toys R Us, Amazon, and K-Mart always have way better deals than either.

BestBuy to me, is always crowded. Don't know if that's changed or not.
Dr. Malik
FlatAss_
(12-01-2011, 08:56 PM)
Dr. Malik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deadly Joker

It would be funnier if I could actually read what it said.

STOP trading your games somewhere that only sells GAMES

Use Game Trade In
Now Available at Best Buy

Use your credit towards ANYTHING we sell
Parallax Scroll
best in Shadow of the Beast
(12-01-2011, 08:57 PM)
Parallax Scroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valnen

It's sort of like when Hollywood puts a "video game" in a movie and they make it look like we're still playing primitive games from the 70's on our new consoles. That kind of demeaning.

I don't get it. Are you saying no one makes games about space marines, soldiers, or barbarian warriors anymore?
YuriLowell
Member
(12-01-2011, 08:57 PM)
YuriLowell's Avatar

Originally Posted by DangerStepp

I hate reddit.


downvote.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(12-01-2011, 08:59 PM)
Developers: Stop pirating our game and buy new :/
Dragonzord
coaches in the WNBA
(12-01-2011, 09:00 PM)
Dragonzord's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

Developers: Stop pirating our game and buy new :/

Consumers: Stop locking content on the disc.

It's the never ending ciiircclleeeee
sixteen-bit
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:01 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

Developers: Stop pirating our game and buy new :/

#occupybestbuy
nicoga3000
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:01 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar
I'm going to sound stupid when I say this, but I had NO idea I could trade games in at Best Buy. How do I do this??? I would go here forever instead of Gamestop.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(12-01-2011, 09:02 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

Developers: Stop pirating our game and buy new :/

Developer's children: our tummies are empty

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

I'm going to sound stupid when I say this, but I had NO idea I could trade games in at Best Buy. How do I do this??? I would go here forever instead of Gamestop.

They should have a counter set up in the games section, just roll back there. Check trade in value here before you go:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Ga...at232900050010

They give you a BB gift card with the balance.

You usually get an extra 40% or so if you preorder certain games at the time of trade in, but you can always cancel that preorder down the road... Hint hint.
Last edited by Neuromancer; 12-01-2011 at 09:04 PM.
YuriLowell
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:02 PM)
YuriLowell's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

Developers: Stop pirating our game and buy new :/

Stop making on disc dlc, and 10 dollar online vouchers.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(12-01-2011, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by zoner

Consumers: Stop locking content on the disc.

It's the never ending ciiircclleeeee

Isn't this gen awesome?
Special J
Banned
(12-01-2011, 09:02 PM)
Special J's Avatar
rofl nice.
chaostrophy
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:03 PM)
chaostrophy's Avatar
I thought the main problem with trading stuff in at Gamestop was their terrible trade-in values. If Best Buy's are better, they should advertise that. I thought people who had games to trade in are gamers, and tend to want new games. Does anyone really care about trading games in toward a dishwasher or whatever?
Dragonzord
coaches in the WNBA
(12-01-2011, 09:03 PM)
Dragonzord's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

Isn't this gen awesome?

I love my 3DS. I buy the game new, and I get everything on it.

...I'm sure Tales of the Abyss 3d will somehow find a way to pay to unlock costumes though.
apana
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:03 PM)
apana's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

Developers: Stop pirating our game and buy new :/

apana: Quit yer complainin and get back to work.
Typographenia
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:03 PM)
Typographenia's Avatar
How much does geek-squad charge to help me trade it in? Will I have to push over a dvd rack when I get mad?
dinosaur_hunter2
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:04 PM)
dinosaur_hunter2's Avatar
I lol'ed. But they're right, BestBuy is much better than Gamestop.
Sullichin
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:05 PM)
Sullichin's Avatar
Not a fan of either, but Best Buy doesn't smell as bad inside as Gamestop.
sixteen-bit
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:06 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Typographenia

How much does geek-squad charge to help me trade it in? Will I have to push over a dvd rack when I get mad?

Subscribe to the Geek Squad DVD resurfacing plan. Just $7.99 a month ensures you get maximum trade-in value on all your games!
Last edited by sixteen-bit; 12-01-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Kai Dracon
Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
(12-01-2011, 09:07 PM)
Kai Dracon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Parallax Scroll

I don't get it. Are you saying no one makes games about space marines, soldiers, or barbarian warriors anymore?

LOL, but actually, it's more like this:

Hollywood still thinks most hardcore video games are based around isolated levels, beating the game by getting a high score, and having a limited stock of lives after which "game over" sends you back to "the first level". Most writers see games like GTA where a character is wandering around an open world but don't grasp the implications of that. They think it's still a level or stage they're seeing, with a specific end point, after which "level 2" loads.

It's really just pop culture / the mainstream being 10 years behind nerdy stuff, which is nothing unusual. It does look really dumb tho to anyone who actually plays contemporary video games.

Hollywood does grasp online first person shooters (aka murder simulators) but then, there's not a lot about Deathmatch to misunderstand. And Doom had that in the early 90s.
Typographenia
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:07 PM)
Typographenia's Avatar

Originally Posted by _dementia

Subscribe to the Geek Squad DVD resurfacing plan. Just $7.99 a month ensures you get maximum trad-in value on all your games!

As long as I can get my year-subscription to "Blu-n-Yella" gamer magazine.
Blablurn
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:09 PM)
Blablurn's Avatar
cold as ice
Kwixotik
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:10 PM)
Kwixotik's Avatar
I don't understand why people trade in games at all. You get like 4-5x more money selling on ebay and you can use that money anywhere.

Originally Posted by Kaijima

LOL, but actually, it's more like this:

Hollywood still thinks most hardcore video games are based around isolated levels, beating the game by getting a high score, and having a limited stock of lives after which "game over" sends you back to "the first level". Most writers see games like GTA where a character is wandering around an open world but don't grasp the implications of that. They think it's still a level or stage they're seeing, with a specific end point, after which "level 2" loads.

It's really just pop culture / the mainstream being 10 years behind nerdy stuff, which is nothing unusual. It does look really dumb tho to anyone who actually plays contemporary video games.

Hollywood does grasp online first person shooters (aka murder simulators) but then, there's not a lot about Deathmatch to misunderstand. And Doom had that in the early 90s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghb_ZXg4E-0
Last edited by Kwixotik; 12-01-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Guevara
Member
(12-01-2011, 09:12 PM)
Guevara's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kwixotik

I don't understand why people trade in games at all. You get like 4-5x more money selling on ebay and you can use that money anywhere.

It's a hassle. My time is worth more than the money.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(12-01-2011, 09:19 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kwixotik

I don't understand why people trade in games at all. You get like 4-5x more money selling on ebay and you can use that money anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghb_ZXg4E-0

Really? Instead of getting $40 for a game at Best Buy (as has happened recently) you're saying I could have gotten potentially $200 on eBay? What a fool I have been.

Thread Tools