• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Discotheque
Pam Oliver sextape
(12-06-2011, 03:59 AM)
Discotheque's Avatar
Okay...well this happened a few hours ago. I suppose I should start the story off before I start asking for advice and stuff but....damn I got beat up pretty freaking badly.

So I'm friends with this girl (lol friendzoned etc. etc., nah it aint like that. I've been really tight with her for about 6 years. There is sexual tension once in a while which is inevitable but I just attempt to get with her friends cause I'd never wanna fuck this up oh man I'm going off on a tangent my bad back to the story)

background history
Well anyways a couple weeks ago I went out with some friends including her, and her muthafucking ex-boyfriend shows up. This would be cool if he was cool and shit but apparently this was that abusive badboy aj from backstreet boys muthafucka. So I kinda relax, I don't want to start any shit. I'm friendly as fuck with everyone.

A couple days later she tells me that her ex was all jealous and shit (yeah I wasn't doing anything, just talking to her like I always do though) and he was calling her a skank and saying racial slurs about me in these text messages.

She goes to the bathroom. I get my drizzy drake on and check her phone to see what this muthafucka said, and God-damn it pissed me off a lot. I should have let it slide but he was definitely going overboard with some of the comments.

Today
Small-town, I run into him and a couple of his friends (this is where I get fucked up) today outside a mall. I was swaggered up listening to that LiveLoveASAP so for some reason my confidence is at the point where I'm willing to provoke him in front of some of his friends.

First thing this guy does is try to act all cool and stuff with me, like a snake. Mr. Iago from Othello being like "oh how you been?" and shit like that. Well I mention the messages I read and there was definitely a change in tone of his voice.

We were doing the whole face-to-face Monday Night Raw thing and then it escalated to shoving and the like. I was handling myself fairly well with the dude but it got really fucking ugly very soon. His friends jumped in and got me on the ground and started booting the shit out of me. I did that "fetal position" thing with emphasis on covering my head most of all.

Now I've got welts all over my torso and I'm sore as fucking hell. I also got one of those silly looking bruises on the bridge of my nose and it's gonna be a bitch to go to school and explain these. I'm probably just gonna say I fell down the stairs if anybody asks.

I need your advice
I've been in a few fights here and there (mostly when I was a lot younger though, like junior year of high school and junior high and shit like that).

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH GETTING HIT? I've heard the old saying that you get 'used to the pain' but dear God it fucking hurt (tears in my eyes fam! but no time to cry when you've got to cover your shit). It was bad enough with the one dude but when the other 2 jumped in it was pretty excruciating.

Has anybody ever had to deal with more than one person before? I'm sure there are people capable of it, but personally I think only Batman can juggle this shit. I probably would have been fine if it was just the one dude, I was doing alright and I gave as well as received but once again the hits all hurt pretty bad. When THEY jumped in, I knew I was done for.


TL:DR - My face hurts, my body hurts. I was stupid as fuck and should have approached him at a more appropriate time if at all

Sorry for the long-winded explanation. I just assumed I should be as descriptive as possible with a thread like this.
elrechazado
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:01 AM)
elrechazado's Avatar
Fighting is idiotic. Here's a protip: don't fight with people, unless you're an uneducated preening douche with something to prove.
Ferrio
real-time lotion physics
(12-06-2011, 04:02 AM)
Ferrio's Avatar
Advice: Numbers usually always win.

Why you decided to start shit solo infront of his friends is beyond me.
Amagon
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:02 AM)
Amagon's Avatar
entrement
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:02 AM)
entrement's Avatar

Originally Posted by elrechazao

Fighting is idiotic. Here's a protip: don't fight with people, unless you're an uneducated preening douche with something to prove.

^^^ Yep.
Discotheque
Pam Oliver sextape
(12-06-2011, 04:02 AM)
Discotheque's Avatar
Indeed. It is stupid. But really if I aired out any grievances with the dude (alone or not) he would have definitely went at me.

Some people are like that.
freenudemacusers
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:03 AM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar
Don't start none won't be none.

And you against multiple people? Without training? You like getting beat on?
Count Dookkake
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:03 AM)
Count Dookkake's Avatar
1) Don't start a fight with a group of guys.
Complex Shadow
Cudi Lame™
(12-06-2011, 04:03 AM)
Complex Shadow's Avatar
workout montage?
Old Gimlet Eyes
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:03 AM)
Old Gimlet Eyes's Avatar
Doesn't sound like much of a fight. Sounds like dudes bitch friends got involved and stomped on you. Hard to have a "fair" fight when you are outnumbered and getting the shit kicked out of you be multiple people.
ggnoobIGN
Junior Member
(12-06-2011, 04:03 AM)
I'm in the same situation except the fight hasn't happened yet.
Rage Kage
Junior Member
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
Rage Kage's Avatar
Almost seems like a joke post.... almost.

Maybe try not provoking a group of guys who unless you were a black belt could not handle yourself against.
nskinnear
Best Buy is my bitch
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
nskinnear's Avatar

Originally Posted by Discotheque

Now I've got welts all over my torso and I'm sore as fucking hell. I also got one of those silly looking bruises on the bridge of my nose and it's gonna be a bitch to go to school and explain these. I'm probably just gonna say I fell down the stairs if anybody asks.

No one is going to believe this lol. Just tell them you got into a fight.
I've never fought anyone or really had the urge to, so I can't offer any advice. But good luck!
Zeke
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
Zeke's Avatar
well if you talk the same way you post I can't really feel sorry for you. Also thats pretty fucked up you would just go ahead and look thro someones phone.
Ripclawe
Banned
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
Ripclawe's Avatar

I was stupid as fuck and should have approached him at a more appropriate time if at all

Such as when he is ALONE. You think his friends were going to just step back? Plus if you have to fight multiple never get grounded, stick and move
perryfarrell
Banned
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
perryfarrell's Avatar
don't hang out with trash
orangecaramel
peanutbutterchocolate
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
orangecaramel's Avatar
Provoking someone while he's with a group of friends? Good stuff.

Unless you're this guy.. http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...Z7FfL0hN2f60v7
Discotheque
Pam Oliver sextape
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
Discotheque's Avatar
lol why am I even asking for advice on this matter? the answer's simple as shit. I'll be honest I only added the advice part so I could use this forum as my livejournal for this one.


Originally Posted by Zeke

well if you talk the same way you post I can't really feel sorry for you. Also thats pretty fucked up you would just go ahead and look thro someones phone.

as obnoxious as that post may be, I speak eloquently in real life. I don't even use the term 'swag' to be honest.
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy
it's 4th of July in my asshole
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy's Avatar
Press charges. Criminal record for them. lol.

Also carry pocket sand wherever you go. Sha sha sha.
Grinchy
Banned
(12-06-2011, 04:04 AM)
Grinchy's Avatar
Maybe they are annoyed by dudes who use 700 words to describe something that could have been described in 100.
JetBlackPanda
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:05 AM)
JetBlackPanda's Avatar
my advice: Grow The Fuck Up!
ThoseDeafMutes
Very good! Keep thrusting!
(12-06-2011, 04:05 AM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar
I usually stay in the background casting healing/recovery spells while my friends tank and deal out the damage. Just gotta watch dat aggro.
Count Dookkake
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:05 AM)
Count Dookkake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Discotheque

lol why am I even asking for advice on this matter? the answer's simple as shit.

Don't feel bad.

This is true of most threads.
Socreges
smarter than the average commie
(12-06-2011, 04:05 AM)
Socreges's Avatar

Originally Posted by Count Dookkake

1) Don't start a fight with a group of guys.

All that needs to be said.
NomarTyme
(12-06-2011, 04:05 AM)
NomarTyme's Avatar
Lick your wounds and move on or press charges!
sixghost
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:05 AM)
sixghost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rage Kage

Almost seems like a joke post.... almost.

Maybe try not provoking a group of guys who unless you were a [professional boxer] could not handle yourself against.

Fixed that part. Blackbelt dude? This isn't the 80s, Karate blackbelts aren't magicians.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(12-06-2011, 04:06 AM)
DrForester's Avatar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA1CG4TN1FY
PhoenixDark
(12-06-2011, 04:06 AM)
PhoenixDark's Avatar
Don't fight unless you have to. And if you have to, make sure you either beat the shit out of the person - or get beaten up yourself but take it well.
Orayn
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:07 AM)
Orayn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Complex Shadow

workout montage?

Remember, those don't work unless you jog up and down the steps of the capital.

And yes, the best way not to get beaten up is not to pick fights.
Brannon
Ladies! On my signal,
unleash boobs.
(12-06-2011, 04:07 AM)
Brannon's Avatar
One vs many? Should've just walked away on that one. Hell, even one on one isn't worth it most of the time unless you're willing to go dirty.
freenudemacusers
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:07 AM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

I usually stay in the background casting healing/recovery spells while my friends tank and deal out the damage. Just gotta watch dat aggro.

Watch out for someone casting silence spells, they'll fuck you over bigtime.
quickwhips
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:07 AM)
quickwhips's Avatar
I fought two guys at once. You can win unless you know some shit. Just get some good licks in and maybe you will get lucky. I go for cheap shit but I'm not a big guy. I've been in a few fights though.
apana
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:07 AM)
apana's Avatar
What was the conversation like between the two of you? You indicated to him that you didn't like what he had to say about you a few weeks before and then what did he say?
Bit-Bit
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:07 AM)
Bit-Bit's Avatar
I never really had a problem with fights. Most people don't know how to fight. They just wail their arms wildly hoping to hurt you. So stand strong, hands up to protect yourself, and do actual punches and jabs. A street fight shouldn't last more than 30 seconds. If you're good, you can take on all three of them chumps. Just one-two punch each one as they advance towards you and they'll either drop or back off cause their nose won't stop bleeding.
NomarTyme
(12-06-2011, 04:08 AM)
NomarTyme's Avatar

Originally Posted by macuser1of5

Watch out for someone casting silence spells, they'll fuck you over bigtime.

Not if you have a ribbon on.
StriKeVillain
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:08 AM)
StriKeVillain's Avatar
Bas Rutten has you covered OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHFPzNrkKQ0
MC Safety
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:08 AM)
MC Safety's Avatar

Originally Posted by Discotheque

Okay...well this happened a few hours ago. I suppose I should start the story off before I start asking for advice and stuff but....damn I got beat up pretty freaking badly.

So I'm friends with this girl (lol friendzoned etc. etc., nah it aint like that. I've been really tight with her for about 6 years. There is sexual tension once in a while which is inevitable but I just attempt to get with her friends cause I'd never wanna fuck this up oh man I'm going off on a tangent my bad back to the story)

background history
Well anyways a couple weeks ago I went out with some friends including her, and her muthafucking ex-boyfriend shows up. This would be cool if he was cool and shit but apparently this was that abusive badboy aj from backstreet boys muthafucka. So I kinda relax, I don't want to start any shit. I'm friendly as fuck with everyone.

A couple days later she tells me that her ex was all jealous and shit (yeah I wasn't doing anything, just talking to her like I always do though) and he was calling her a skank and saying racial slurs about me in these text messages.

She goes to the bathroom. I get my drizzy drake on and check her phone to see what this muthafucka said, and God-damn it pissed me off a lot. I should have let it slide but he was definitely going overboard with some of the comments.

Today
Small-town, I run into him and a couple of his friends (this is where I get fucked up) today outside a mall. I was swaggered up listening to that LiveLoveASAP so for some reason my confidence is at the point where I'm willing to provoke him in front of some of his friends.

First thing this guy does is try to act all cool and stuff with me, like a snake. Mr. Iago from Othello being like "oh how you been?" and shit like that. Well I mention the messages I read and there was definitely a change in tone of his voice.

We were doing the whole face-to-face Monday Night Raw thing and then it escalated to shoving and the like. I was handling myself fairly well with the dude but it got really fucking ugly very soon. His friends jumped in and got me on the ground and started booting the shit out of me. I did that "fetal position" thing with emphasis on covering my head most of all.

Now I've got welts all over my torso and I'm sore as fucking hell. I also got one of those silly looking bruises on the bridge of my nose and it's gonna be a bitch to go to school and explain these. I'm probably just gonna say I fell down the stairs if anybody asks.

I need your advice
I've been in a few fights here and there (mostly when I was a lot younger though, like junior year of high school and junior high and shit like that).

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH GETTING HIT? I've heard the old saying that you get 'used to the pain' but dear God it fucking hurt (tears in my eyes fam! but no time to cry when you've got to cover your shit). It was bad enough with the one dude but when the other 2 jumped in it was pretty excruciating.

Has anybody ever had to deal with more than one person before? I'm sure there are people capable of it, but personally I think only Batman can juggle this shit. I probably would have been fine if it was just the one dude, I was doing alright and I gave as well as received but once again the hits all hurt pretty bad. When THEY jumped in, I knew I was done for.


TL:DR - My face hurts, my body hurts. I was stupid as fuck and should have approached him at a more appropriate time if at all

Sorry for the long-winded explanation. I just assumed I should be as descriptive as possible with a thread like this.

I do not fight, but I would suspect your first mistake was to use the phrase "drizzy drake," which makes you seem like a big douche. Second, do not use your friend's phone without permission as it makes you seem like a big douche.

Next, do not provoke people. Doing so greatly increases the risk they will fight you. It is another big douche move. Finally, do not attempt to pick a fight with a person who is traveling with backup as it increases the risk you will be beaten by multiple people.

These tips will help you avoid a fight, which is the best thing anyone can do. I am certain there are times one must fight, but yours was not one of them.

Slurs are hurtful, to be sure. But you initiated a fight and shouldn't be surprised that you got one.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(12-06-2011, 04:08 AM)
wenis's Avatar
You should have done better.

also, I have this dude who says he's "coming after me" because I protected a friend of mine over the thanksgiving weekend. I already know what I will do. It won't be the way the OP handled it though.
TheMan
Careless With His Member
But not with what comes out of it!
(12-06-2011, 04:08 AM)
TheMan's Avatar
Sounds like you definitely provoked a situation that could have been avoided.

But you're asking for fighting tips, so here's mine.
1. Turn your back on the guy (weird I know but keep reading)
2. Look back over your shoulder. As you're doing this, lift your left knee into the air.
3. Lower your left knee until your foot touches the ground, making sure that your foot has advanced forward from its original position.
4. Repeat with your right leg.
5. Do this cycle over and over as fast as you can.
Mumei
“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man […] but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him"
(12-06-2011, 04:08 AM)
Mumei's Avatar
I try to avoid it!
Darias
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:08 AM)
Darias's Avatar

I get my drizzy drake on and

I got this far. Does the OP come in English?

Also - you don't act like a jackass towards three people and not expect to be outclassed.
odin toelust
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:09 AM)
odin toelust's Avatar
when you are outnumbered like that there is no shame in going for a swift kick to the balls followed by a jab to the throat, assuming you even had the opportunity
Angry Grimace
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:09 AM)
Angry Grimace's Avatar
It sounds a bit like you should have really figured out an ass whuppin was coming

Protip: Don't fuck with anyone you don't know
OJdaKiller
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:09 AM)
OJdaKiller's Avatar

Originally Posted by elrechazao

Fighting is idiotic. Here's a protip: don't fight with people, unless you're an uneducated preening douche with something to prove.

Completely true...Also douches run in packs and so do people who pick fights (typically). You usually don't seen the loner with no one else around picking fights, instead it's the jackass who has backup. So yeah, unless you have backup, or are a really good fighter, probably make the smart choice and avoid fighting.

Also, you probably shouldn't have checked your friend's phone (if I read that correctly). See what your curiousity did?
Last edited by OJdaKiller; 12-06-2011 at 04:13 AM.
InertiaXr
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:09 AM)
InertiaXr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ferrio

Advice: Numbers usually always win.

Why you decided to start shit solo infront of his friends is beyond me.

Yeah, this guy seems incredibly....not sure what the word is.


1. Fights against groups
2. Says 'swaggered up'
3. Says 'drizzy drake'
4. Checks other people's phones


Anyways, you answered your own question at the very end, you should not have done anything. It doesn't matter what other people who you don't even know the names of say in text messages to others about you, who gives a shit? You talk about having to explain this at school, are you still in high school or something? But then you say when you were a 'lot younger' in 'like junior year of high school.' Regardless, who cares what others at school at any level even think?
GamerSoul
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:09 AM)
GamerSoul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ferrio

Advice: Numbers usually always win.

Why you decided to start shit solo infront of his friends is beyond me.

This. If there isn't that one guy smart enough to tell you guys it's not worth it, then you're not in a good position.

Originally Posted by ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Also carry pocket sand wherever you go. Sha sha sha.

Yes, this guy gets it. lol. You should've blinded them all in one quick move then escaped.
egoextrico
Banned
(12-06-2011, 04:10 AM)
Your priority shouldn't be learning how to fight it should be learning how to be a mature person. Thanks for the laugh though
Complex Shadow
Cudi Lame™
(12-06-2011, 04:10 AM)
Complex Shadow's Avatar
Jokes aside. I hope your ok, your ego is broken, and the only way that's gonna be fixed is if you go and workout. Srsly go train yourbody before you start shit. Learn your limits.
VGChampion
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:10 AM)
VGChampion's Avatar
Follow the Footloose method and just dance. Worse case scenario you have yourself a tractor race.
Count Dookkake
Member
(12-06-2011, 04:10 AM)
Count Dookkake's Avatar
Also, shame on you for going through your friend's texts. You should respect people's privacy.

Thread Tools