• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Set for March 2012 in Japan

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ugh, Holiday 2012 for the states? I'll be playing Halo 4 all day at that time man! lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Give me a new TWEWY using this engine! NOW!

I would rather have them keeping the gorgeous 2D sprites - but they already have the models in 3D, so a next title will probably be in the same style as in 3D.

I would rather have them keeping the gorgeous 2D sprites - but they already have the models in 3D, so a next title will probably be in the same style as in 3D.

While I loved the 2D sprites, I think they could do a lot more with this engine for the battle system.

Whoa, I'm seeing something about a Tron Legacy world.

Edit: Yep, Tron Legacy is in, Pete and Maleficent return, and Axel is back is Lea.

Levyne

Banned
So this game is now gonna cameo people from its own series now rather than just Disney and Square?

Yo dawg.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pinocchio, Notredame, 3 Musketeers, Trom Legacy. Also, Sora looks like he can glide and shoot things

It is, it was also in Jump or Famitsu or something. Needs more Kariya and Yashiro, though.

They probably are, at this rate. I hope the TWEWY bunch aren't just there to bro out, and actually do something of purpose.

Also, chances of this having Daft Punk make it a legit contender for GOTY 2012 already

MAtgS

Xion? I uh, forgot about her. Hm.
fry.PNG

jackdoe

This sounds absolutely great. I loved BBS so it's pretty much a given that I'll love this game as well.

But man is the story arc going to become even more convoluted with characters popping in from the shitty DS KH titles. At least in BBS they were basic cameos and hopefully it's the case here as well.

jackdoe

Holy crap, Tron Legacy? That's unexpected. Wonder how they'll adapt the story there since Sora took the role of Flynn in KH2.
Sora will take the place of Flynn/Sam, combined role AND I bet it will end up being better than the actual movie, with Tron not being a throwaway character.

This game keeps sounding better at every turn, and it seems like they're packing it pretty full. I believe in SE Osaka and Lord Nomura-san.

Looks like I'll be buying a 3DS on whatever day this game comes out in the US.

This sounds amazing. So many TWEWY characters. I'm really curious how they will handle tron legacy.

The march 2012 release means the localizations should be released in 2012 as well.

Luigi87

What I wonder is if it will be a quick localization like KH2, or a long one like BbS, in which they redid a bunch of cutscenes in the latter (original Japanese versions using static models for some cutscenes, the English version using animated models).

What I wonder is if it will be a quick localization like KH2, or a long one like BbS, in which they redid a bunch of cutscenes in the latter (original Japanese versions using static models for some cutscenes, the English version using animated models).

There were bunch of other extra content as well. If they take forever to localize again I'd rather the western version just be exactly like the final mix. Oh well :<.

Tabris

Oh wow, I thought this was just going to be a 3D remake of the first game?

So it's an original game. That's good :)

duckroll

Yeah.

Worst. Choice. Ever.

I honestly cannot believe that Nomura would have watched that piece of shit and said "This could be great fun, let's put it in the next KH game". Seriously. There must be some other marketing reason going on here. Arghhhh.

Berordn

Wait, they're doing the Three Musketeers even though all the characters already in it are already staples in the series? The hell.

Excited for Tron Legacy, anyway. Guess we're going to go on a heartless killing spree to save Org XIII. And then deep inside ourselves to save Xion and Ventus.

Trike

Just in from Jump Festa.

More details as they come in.

http://twitter.com/#!/aibo_ac7/status/147830318156623873

Axel is in KH3D. Also Terranort and Vanitas. The video is supposedly awesome. Shiki from TWEWY is also in.
Tron Legacy is in, Pete and Maleficent return, and Axel is back is Lea. Rhyme from TWEWY confirmed, as well as Xion and Roxas.

Confirmed worlds: Pinocchio, Notredame, 3 Musketeers, Trom Legacy. Also, Sora looks like he can glide and shoot things

whaaaaaaaaaaat. Awesome. We get to see Olivia Wilde Kingdom Heart-ified. Maybe Jeff Bridges if they find a way to introduce him in. If Roxas or Vanitas is in, they could just have him take over Clu's role.

Top Bottom