• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobunaga's Ambition X Pokemon announced (DS, 2012, SRPG, Koei Tecmo X Nintendo)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/ranse/

Definitely new thread worthy. And yes, you read that right. Just announced at... some expo, I guess? JUMP Festa. Dengeki's Twitter just posted a load of pics from this expo's show floor, though.

The basic gist: Nobunaga's is a strategy role-playing game that started on the NES, developed by Koei. Pokemon is lol you know what Pokemon is. This is more the former than the latter, with over-head maps that you move Pokemon around on to fight and such. You start the game with an Eevee- no idea how evolution, catching Pokemon and such works just yet. Information shouldn't be too far behind- it'll be in the January issue of CoroCoro, so we'll have more info then.

Ag02QdGCAAA24HT.jpg:large

Ag01j10CAAIwLFE.jpg:large

Ag01dnVCAAAe2Dr.jpg:large

Ag00OiICMAEK0C6.jpg:large

Ag0zxdwCEAAIChM.jpg:large

Ag0zKOFCQAAYo1E.jpg:large

Ag0y3JGCIAELwsW.jpg:large

Update: More screenshots:

Promo vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hxi4rdnOUbQ

Roster thus far:

Hmm, looking over the screens, the current roster of Pokemon is...

Eevee, Bidoof, Piplup, Panpour, Oshawott, Horsea, Jigglypuff, Pansage, Sewaddle, Chimchar, Zubat, Charmander, Tepig, Snivy, Articuno, Mewtwo, Groudon, Zekrom, Scraggy, Emolga, Gabite, Scollipede, Drillbur, Blitzle, Arbok, Mincinno, Skorupi, Infernape, and presumably all their related evolutions.

No Johto Pokemon, oddly enough, but we see every other Gen so I'm guessing there simply aren't any in the preview. And we're getting Espeon, Crobat, Umbreon, and Kingdra, though, since their pre-evolutions are in.

Also, I just realize...there are 17 castles, and 17 Pokemon Types. :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pokemon tactics title ? It looks interesting, i hope this doesn't stay Japan exkclusive.

Strangely enough, Pokemon Musou would make more sense at this point in time. Still looking forward to seeing what this game is all about though.

PK Gaming

Ooh this looks like it has a ton of potential. I hope your character gets to choose his starting pokemon like in the Mystery Dungeon games.

Just when I thought I was past the point where a new game announcement could make me go "WTF?! AWESOME!"

Out of left field, sounds incredibly intriguing. Will buy.

I'll go ahead and predict right now that this will be 3DS when it eventually hits NA with minimal new features, similar to the Phoenix Wright games.

Cipherr

Oh fuck, is it really confirmed to be an Strategy RPG? Is that actually confirmed, and not just expected? Wow...

Edit: Oh wow. Dude... Somewhat interested.

Top Bottom