• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2011 (Dec 19 - Dec 25)

May16

Since four is feared superstitiously as being linked to Death in Japanese culture, I'm gonna say the Vita sold 44,444 units.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Averon said:
What's out there for Vita to justify it selling 50,000? I don't see anything. Quite frankly, Sony should be thankful if the Vita can keep its head above 25,000 a week.
PSP 1k stayed above 50k for first 2months or so - and that launch lineup had what - one game?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just realised I'm eating sausage egg McMuffins while awaiting the Vita sales figures.

Nuclear Muffin prophet confirmed.

pramath

Banned
But it also sold out and had a cheaper SKU from the get go. Not directly comparable either way.
The PS Vita also has a cheaper SKU. Granted the cheaper SKU is as expensive as the costlier PSP SKU, but the point still stands...

72K in second week was hilariously low.
No, that was worryingly low. The numbers in this thread, these are hilariously low.

What would be a realistic number for you?
49k-51k would be the lowest I expect.

braves01

Banned
When are the numbers coming? I thought they'd be here by now.

Since four is feared superstitiously as being linked to Death in Japanese culture, I'm gonna say the Vita sold 44,444 units.

I like your number because there are also four horsemen of the apocalypse.

allan-bh

I expected 2 drops for PS Vita:

-2nd to 3rd week drop

-After Christmas week drop

So, less than 50k is plausible, maybe less than 40k.

fernoca

Guess I'll go to sleep then...

C6SIq.gif

Ashodin

in a good way or a bad way?

Lol sorry for misunderstanding you. What did you mean? :p

It's gonna happen either way, I think.

Jaw drop if it climbs higher than 70k

Jaw drop if it slumps lower.

If it climbs higher, then interest just waned for a moment.

if it slumped lower, interest was for sony fans, and they blew their load.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
They're still not here? But I just woke up!

They're going to announce that they've been on holiday for another week and to expect numbers next week now, I tell you...

Top Bottom