• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

bluemax
Banned
(12-28-2011, 08:56 PM)
So I was perusing jobs on Gamasutra and I see this:

Senior Software Engineer Console Network

Job description:

Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for ensuring the best implementation of sophisticated networking systems on consoles.

Of course my first thought was wondering if I was qualified for the job, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.
Blablurn
(12-28-2011, 08:57 PM)
e3 2012 - release date announcement for pc and consoles. release some time in fall 2012. including wii u.
Xater
(12-28-2011, 08:58 PM)
They have been hiring a couple of console guys lately. There is definitely something coming...
Auto_aim1
MeisaMcCaffrey
(12-28-2011, 09:00 PM)
Well yeah, they (Blizzard) did mention earlier that they're interested in the consoles. They were hiring for it some time back as well.

We are still in active exploring mode. We haven't officially announced a product. We like our product announcements to be a big deal. We haven't been as secretive about this one because our biggest barrier is actually getting a console team.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/19/bliz...th-diablo-iii/
epmode
(12-28-2011, 09:01 PM)
I'm having a hard time figuring out who exactly will be surprised by this when it happens.
LiK
(12-28-2011, 09:02 PM)
pretty much a no-brainer
scy
(12-28-2011, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by epmode

I'm having a hard time figuring out who exactly will be surprised by this when it happens.

The iOS and Android crowd.
Malio
(12-28-2011, 09:03 PM)
Of course it will be on consoles. Do you think Kotick will allow tons of $$$ to be passed up?
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(12-28-2011, 09:04 PM)
Oh I like the idea of this. Have to imagine the real-world currency auction house won't make it in, at least on MS's side.
Infamous Chris
Banned
(12-28-2011, 09:05 PM)
Not this gen. Probably for the nextbox.
LiK

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Oh I like the idea of this. Have to imagine the real-world currency auction house won't make it in, at least on MS's side.

Maybe no online only as well.
Dennis
Wasn't this pretty much a fact already?
Xamdou
(12-28-2011, 09:06 PM)
I would much prefer a console (360) version of Diablo 3 so I can game with my pals. It would be even better if Blizzard/Activision was able to make cross-platform play across PC/360/PS3...
Orayn
(12-28-2011, 09:08 PM)

Originally Posted by DennisK4

Wasn't this pretty much a fact already?

Yeah, I was about to post this. Blizzard already admitted that a console version of Diablo 3 was a matter of when, not if.

That said, it would be nice if they ported the console control options back to PC, just because I want to try a Diablo-like with dual analog.

Originally Posted by Xamdou

I would much prefer a console (360) version of Diablo 3 so I can game with my pals. It would be even better if Blizzard/Activision was able to make cross-platform play across PC/360/PS3...

That's scheduled to be implemented, too. ETA is when hell freezes over because Sony and Microsoft are tremendous assholes about this.
Apoc87
(12-28-2011, 09:08 PM)
I thought this was already confirmed, given GAFs bitching about keyboard actions being bound to controller buttons last year.
Labadal
(12-28-2011, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by epmode

The internet will still go crazy when it happens.
MasterShotgun
brazen editing lynx
(12-28-2011, 09:34 PM)
A Wii U release could be pretty cool.
ShdwDrake
(12-28-2011, 09:35 PM)
Will the thread be as awesome as the FFXIII 360 reveal? Stay tuned!
KAL2006
(12-28-2011, 09:36 PM)
I'd like a Vita version
Respawn
Utilize all the SPU's on PS3 please....What am I saying PC for me muwhahaha
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?

Originally Posted by MasterShotgun

Wii U Tablet controller could actually be decent for Diablo 3. Easy access to hot keys and item management.
Danielsan
(12-28-2011, 09:39 PM)
Keyboard and mouse support for the PS3 version please.
Orayn
(12-28-2011, 09:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Mrbob

Wii U Tablet controller could actually be decent for Diablo 3. Easy access to hot keys and item management.

A Wiimote control scheme would also be excellent, since Diablo is a case where it's almost completely on par with a mouse.
demosthenes
(12-28-2011, 09:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Orayn

Yeah, I was about to post this. Blizzard already admitted that a console version of Diablo 3 was a matter of when, not if.

That said, it would be nice if they ported the console control options back to PC, just because I want to try a Diablo-like with dual analog.

That's scheduled to be implemented, too. ETA is when hell freezes over because Sony and Microsoft are tremendous assholes about this.

Sony allows PS3/PC. And allowed PS2/PC.
The Lamonster
(12-28-2011, 09:42 PM)
Can't wait for all the "Blizzard just shot themselves in the foot" posts when this is officially announced.
royalan
Lotus Member
(12-28-2011, 09:42 PM)

Originally Posted by MasterShotgun

Agreed. If Nintendo were smart they'd have their lips firmly planted on Kotick's ass right now.

Blizzard games would be right at home on the Wii U with that tablet controller, more so than any other console.
The Lamonster
(12-28-2011, 09:43 PM)

Originally Posted by royalan

Agreed. If Nintendo were smart they'd have their lips firmly planted on Kotick's ass right now.

Blizzard games would be right at home on the Wii U with that tablet controller, more so than any other console.

So damn true. Would be awesome.
StuBurns
just talking loud
and saying nothing
(12-28-2011, 09:44 PM)
I'll take it on console over PC myself, really hope they do it.
Infamous Chris
Banned
(12-28-2011, 09:45 PM)

Originally Posted by KAL2006

I'd like a Vita version

Hahahahah-

Oh, you're serious.

Originally Posted by demosthenes

So has Microsoft. He means cross 360/PS3, which they will go out of their way to never allow.
Last edited by Infamous Chris; 12-28-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Orayn
(12-28-2011, 09:46 PM)

Originally Posted by demosthenes

I was referring to the notion of getting all three platforms together. And yes, I can see this being one of the cases where PS3/PC cross platform play does work out.
Pimpbaa
Official Forum Cocksucker
(12-28-2011, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by The Lamonster

Can't wait for all the "Blizzard just shot themselves in the foot" posts when this is officially announced.

This shouldn't bother anyone, I hope. As it's going to be a port from the PC version, and not be a game that was designed from the beginning to be multiplatform (console focused).
bjaelke
(12-28-2011, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Infamous Chris

So has Microsoft. He means cross 360/PS3, which they will go out of their way to never allow.

Sony just needs to adopt GFWL and all will be good.
Vinterbird
(12-28-2011, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Pimpbaa

This shouldn't bother anyone, I hope. As it's going to be a port from the PC version, and not be a game that was designed from the beginning to be multiplatform (console focused).

Didn't Blizzard say something in regards to that when they launch their console version, it will be tailored to the console, and not just a port?
Infamous Chris
Banned
(12-28-2011, 09:52 PM)

Originally Posted by bjaelke

Sony just needs to adopt GFWL and all will be good.

GFWL needs to die!
blizzardjesus
Banned
Would prefer Diablo 3 on consoles.
epmode

Originally Posted by ShdwDrake

Will the thread be as awesome as the FFXIII 360 reveal?

It shouldn't be. I mean, an incredibly polished beta has been out for ages and it's pretty clear that the game is going to be great and it certainly doesn't feel like a console port*.

*although I will say that I noticed how very few of the skills require pinpoint mouse aiming. Very controller-friendly.
Pimpbaa
Official Forum Cocksucker
(12-28-2011, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Vinterbird

Didn't Blizzard say something in regards to that when they launch their console version, it will be tailored to the console, and not just a port?

That's fine. I'm just saying Diablo 3 was made for PC first. But if the future they start making their games multiplatform and dumb down their games as a result, then we have a problem.
zugzug
(12-28-2011, 10:03 PM)
It is not really fuel if they are openly admitting they'd like to look at how to code on the console at Blizzcon 2011 they admitted to the audience they wanted to hire people with console experience and if anyone in the crowd had exp with software to apply. Specifially the Diablo team said that at Blizzcon.

Title of thread Misleading Sounds like a Kotaku writer made this OP
kodt
Banned
(12-28-2011, 10:28 PM)

Originally Posted by KAL2006

I'd like a Vita version

That would be sweet actually.
Gaylord Sweetwood
(12-28-2011, 11:53 PM)
Just as long as this doesn't negatively effect the PC version. PC version will always be the best version.
peakish
(12-28-2011, 11:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Pimpbaa

That's fine. I'm just saying Diablo 3 was made for PC first. But if the future they start making their games multiplatform and dumb down their games as a result, then we have a problem.

Indeed. I think they might make some adjustments to fit several platforms but they've never settled for anything but the best so far, no reason to think they'll do it in the future (like, I've heard some people suggesting that their changes to the skill system with six active at a time is to make it controller friendly, don't know how true that is anf whatever the reason behind I think it sounds awesome). Besides, they've got Battle.net to push which I think gives them great reasons to keep the main focus on the PC versions.
Last edited by peakish; 12-29-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Atomski
(12-29-2011, 12:02 AM)
Some reason I thought this was already confirmed.

I doubt the real money auction hall will get on the 360.
Kenak
(12-29-2011, 12:06 AM)
Maybe a console version won't require internet connection to play it.
ZombieSupaStar
beaten too hard
or not enough <3
(12-29-2011, 12:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Kenak

Maybe a console version won't require internet connection to play it.

Diablo..... single ....player?

HERESY!
[Nintex]
Banned
(12-29-2011, 12:08 AM)
Diablo 3 for Kinect?
burgerdog
(12-29-2011, 12:10 AM)
Doesn't ff11 support ps2, ps3, windows, and 360 cross platform play?
blizzardjesus
Banned
(12-29-2011, 12:11 AM)

Originally Posted by ZombieSupaStar

Diablo..... single ....player?

HERESY!

It's the only way to play.
bigtroyjon
(12-29-2011, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by [Nintex]

Diablo 3 for Kinect?

PS3 exclusive and Move required. Sony gets it's first Move killer app.
Last edited by bigtroyjon; 12-29-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Cels
Cross-platform play would be icing on the cake.
Oblivionmancer
My first experience with Diablo was borrowing my cousin's copy of the PS1 release, so I can't really have a fit about them porting Diablo 3. I really hope they aren't holding up the pc version for a simultaneous release though, that would piss me right off.