• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

HoosTrax
(04-09-2012, 06:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Tambini

Doesn't look that bad, has co-op aswell which is usually a plus.

Local co-op only, which is a bit curious sounding. I'll definitely be expecting an RPS "impressions" article on this.
Dascu
(04-09-2012, 06:58 PM)

Originally Posted by gdt

Oh wow, that looks awesome. Anyone have impressions?

I think Stumpokapow played it, with so-so impressions.
BobJustBob
LOL WTF I'm so drunk
(04-09-2012, 07:05 PM)
There's a quick look. Doesn't come off too well.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-09-2012, 07:06 PM)
Yeah, I tried the demo for Scary Girl on my PStriple and I lost interest pretty quickly. I might pick it up down the road just for the art.
Vastag
(04-09-2012, 07:08 PM)
Anyone has tried the daily (Sol: Exodus)? I could play a nice space sim.
jaundicejuice
(04-09-2012, 07:10 PM)
I'll pick up Scary Girl when I get home from work.

I picked up Hack Slash Loot the other day, guess I couldn't wait for Legend of Grimrock to come out and get my dungeon crawl on. I've only played it for about half an hour and damned near have as many characters as I have minutes in the game. First achievement I got was for dying in under 20 turns, it's actually pretty brutal and I'm not sure if I like it or not...but like every other Rogue-like I've ever tried to play, I'll keep on playing it (until I rage uninstall it). If you've got a bit of a masochistic streak in you, you love Rogue-likes and/or dungeon crawlers, then you should probably check it out. It's less than 5$ right now.
Zimbardo
(04-09-2012, 07:10 PM)
i wish Steam would have/start a spring sale. i would assume that they will since they had a fall sale.
xenoflux2113
(04-09-2012, 07:13 PM)
SOL: Exodus is the daily deal at 50% off.

Will this satisfy that space flight combat craving?
Stumpokapow
listen to the mad man
(04-09-2012, 07:15 PM)

Originally Posted by gdt

Oh wow, that looks awesome. Anyone have impressions?

Played maybe half an hour on XBLA. The presentation is really nice. The 2.5D level style is neat. It's supposedly based off an existing IP. There seems to be a pretty deep combat and movement system. I found the controls a little sloppy.
SteveWinwood
Banned
(04-09-2012, 07:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Xeno_Flux2113

SOL: Exodus is the daily deal at 50% off.

Will this satisfy that space flight combat craving?

I know it's heavily combat focused. And mission based. Theres a quick look of it too.
Blizzard
Banned
(04-09-2012, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by SteveWinwood

I know it's heavily combat focused. And mission based. Theres a quick look of it too.

There's also a demo, sweet.

I'm curious how they made an indie game that is "Unreal-powered" and yet a space simulator. As far as I'm aware, there are major problems with doing that with UDK unless you strictly limit area sizes or use other tricks...maybe they used an older Unreal version or something.
xenoflux2113
(04-09-2012, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by SteveWinwood

Might grab it then, 4.99 isn't bad and along with racing the space combat genre is severely lacking in my list of games (none).

Originally Posted by Blizzard

There's also a demo, sweet.

Or I guess I'll try the demo when I get home tonight.
Clomipramine
(04-09-2012, 07:38 PM)
PM me for a lucid key.

edit: gone
Imp the Dimp
(04-09-2012, 07:47 PM)
I need a discount on The Witcher 2 badly before the EE is released.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(04-09-2012, 07:49 PM)
Where are people getting these Lucid keys?
Volcynika
(04-09-2012, 07:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Ookami-kun

Read the thread. It's been posted multiple times.
HoosTrax
(04-09-2012, 07:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Zimbardo

i wish Steam would have/start a spring sale. i would assume that they will since they had a fall sale.

Are they even back from the company vacation outing yet?
cicero
by the sweat of thy brow
shalt thou eat bread
and you will be happy
(04-09-2012, 07:54 PM)

To quote myself from further up on this page, you can get 2 Lucid keys this way:

This worked for me just now. You send the message through your reddit account, which I think needs to be older than a day.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...e_hunt_i_just/

Just send a message to http://www.reddit.com/user/YeaBoingCodes/ and the bot will send you TWO Steam Keys.

Boss Doggie
(04-09-2012, 08:00 PM)
Oh, I don't have reddit (I refuse to make one) :(

Hmm... anyone willing to give?

EDIT: Welp, decided to give in and made one... but still have to wait for a day?
Leon Belmont
(04-09-2012, 08:02 PM)

Oh, I don't have reddit (I refuse to make one) :(

Hmm... anyone willing to give?

I've sent a message in order to get Two Lucid keys but I haven't received them yet, If (one day) I receive them I can spare one with you :D
Boss Doggie
(04-09-2012, 08:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Leon Belmont

I've sent a message in order to get Two Lucid keys but I haven't received them yet, If (one day) I receive them I can spare one with you :D

Ah okay, thanks!
Clomipramine
(04-09-2012, 08:08 PM)

I think your account needs to be at leat 24 hours old; yesterday i didn't get any keys, today the bot answerd me after 7 seconds.
Leon Belmont
(04-09-2012, 08:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Principe Nero

I think your account needs to be at leat 24 hours old; yesterday i didn't get any keys, today the bot answerd me after 7 seconds.

Mmm I sent the message after I registered my account, it was 1 day ago! So I think that maybe today will receive the keys.... I hope so!
SxP
(04-09-2012, 08:15 PM)
If someone wants a Lucid key, quote to reveal.

Chittagong
(04-09-2012, 08:15 PM)
So I am getting into PC gaming, lured in by 1080p 60fps with AA plus point and click games.

I had this image in my mind of going to Steam and finding tons of almost new games for a tenner, but so far everything I've looked (eg Skyrim, MW3, Fallout NV, Ridge Racer Unbounded etc.) at is 29.99 or something like that. So I take it I have to stay put and wait for sales and promotions?

Second noob question, Steam is really the only DD service I would trust to have staying power. Can I buy games from Origin and GOG, but somehow have the license stored in Steam?
JordanKZ
(04-09-2012, 08:16 PM)

Originally Posted by SxP

Thankie :D
Freeza Under The Shower
(04-09-2012, 08:19 PM)
so I just learned that Prototype 2 comes out this month. Looks like it's getting the "not CoD" advertising treatment, despite some advertising a year ago or so.

It's also nowhere to be seen on Steam. Is this normal for Activision, or..?
Vastag
(04-09-2012, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Chittagong

So I take it I have to stay put and wait for sales and promotions?

Basically this, you can also buy steam activable games on other stores, here is a list: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-WUSF-3601
Nabs
(04-09-2012, 08:21 PM)

So I am getting into PC gaming, lured in by 1080p 60fps with AA plus point and click games.

I had this image in my mind of going to Steam and finding tons of almost new games for a tenner, but so far everything I've looked (eg Skyrim, MW3, Fallout NV, Ridge Racer Unbounded etc.) at is 29.99 or something like that. So I take it I have to stay put and wait for sales and promotions?

Second noob question, Steam is really the only DD service I would trust to have staying power. Can I buy games from Origin and GOG, but somehow have the license stored in Steam?

If you can't wait for a sale, you can always find Steamworks deals on other sites like amazon/gmg. The games you listed are all Steamworks, and have to be registered to a Steam account.
Clomipramine
(04-09-2012, 08:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeitgeister

so I just learned that Prototype 2 comes out this month. Looks like it's getting the "not CoD" advertising treatment, despite some advertising a year ago or so.

PC version has been delayed to 24 july.

I'm interested in the game too. :/
YianGaruga
Banned
(04-09-2012, 08:22 PM)

Always check for Daily/Weekly sales and save up money for the big summer/winter ones. You will definitely get new-ish games for a tenner then. The normal prices on Steam are in line with retail, but on sale, dear god.

Just wait, in a few months you'll have more games than you can play in a lifetime.

Games on this list

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-wusf-3601

can be activated on Steam, no matter where you bought them from (also known as "Steamworks", even though not entirely correct).
Chittagong
(04-09-2012, 08:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Vastag

Basically this, you can also buy steam activable games on other stores, here is a list: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-WUSF-3601

Cool, so I can buy retail games on the cheap and register them too as long as they are on the list.

And do I get this right, I can buy Amazon DD too but register via Steam? Awesome if so
drizzle
Axel Hertz
(04-09-2012, 08:25 PM)

Mmm I sent the message after I registered my account, it was 1 day ago! So I think that maybe today will receive the keys.... I hope so!

You'll need to re-send the message.

Your profile has to say "redditor for 1 day" and THEN you can send a PM to the bot.
Nabs
(04-09-2012, 08:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeitgeister

Prototype 2 PC isn't coming out for a while.
Ben652
(04-09-2012, 08:48 PM)

Quote to reveal Lucid key.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(04-09-2012, 08:51 PM)

Edit: Gone. Congrats Grim Heaper. Enjoy.
The Grim Heaper
(04-09-2012, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by AndyD

I finally snagged one! Thank you.
zerokoolpsx
(04-09-2012, 09:01 PM)
Two Lucid keys. Already got Lucid. Quote to reveal. Didn't know I had to wait a day after registration. Sent another message and the bot responded with 2 keys within seconds. Reply if you claim them.

Lord British
(04-09-2012, 09:02 PM)
Dang, both gone. I'm slow.
No clue whatsoever
(04-09-2012, 09:03 PM)

Originally Posted by zerokoolpsx

Reply if you claim them.

Used the first code, thanks!
Psi
(04-09-2012, 09:05 PM)

Originally Posted by zerokoolpsx

Two Lucid keys. Already got Lucid. Quote to reveal. Didn't know I had to wait a day after registration. Sent another message and the bot responded with 2 keys within seconds. Reply if you claim them.

I grabbed the second, thanks.
Lord British
(04-09-2012, 09:06 PM)
Curse you. Curse you both.
Javaman
(04-09-2012, 09:12 PM)
God the key features for Pat and Mat sound like a pitch to investors.

>World-wide known brand. (Pat and Mat are well known in many countries all over the world. Game doesn’t just “use” the name – it really simulates the popular TV series on your PC.)

>Humor for everyone. (Funny animations, funny situations, funny actions all the time.)

Who writes this shit? LOL
Rawket Lawnchair
(04-09-2012, 09:17 PM)
Be good and reply if you get the code.

Madrugador
(04-09-2012, 09:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Sunwheel

Be good and reply if you get the code.

I took it. Thanks a lot!
Rawket Lawnchair
(04-09-2012, 09:19 PM)
YW, the bot finally replied. :-)
Stitch
(04-09-2012, 09:20 PM)

you have to send a new message to the bot
szaromir
Banned
(04-09-2012, 09:23 PM)
I have a SpaceChem key to spare to anyone who knows what the game is and promises to actually play the game.
edit: no longer valid
Out_Of_Ammo
(04-09-2012, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by szaromir

I have a SpaceChem key to spare to anyone who knows what the game is and promises to actually play the game.

I'd love it! Played the demo and liked it, challenging puzzles.
szaromir
Banned
(04-09-2012, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Out_Of_Ammo

I'd love it!

OK, I'll send in a minute.