• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya wants to unveil his next game this year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Given Inaba's statement, it may also release this year.

AndriaSang said:
Hideki Kamiya
Challenge for 2012/Message to Fans: Kamiya said that he would like to announce a new game and make a comeback on the game scene and be known as more than just some guy who posts on Twitter.

Atsushi Inaba
Challenge for 2012/Message to Fans: Said that he believes 2012 will be the ultimate year for Platinum Games.
Source: http://andriasang.com/comzk3/4gamer_megafeature/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There was a big list of leaked stuff that was going to be at TGS. All of it came true, including unannounced games. All of it, except, Bayonetta 2.

Himself

While I'm still kind of hoping for a new IP, most likely it seems like Bayonetta 2. This would still instantly become my most anticipated game. I know Kamiya has said that he wishes he was able to have more control over the sequels to his creations, so maybe this is his chance to do so.

Anyway...fuck yes Platinum.

spekkeh

Banned
Unveiling Bayonetta 2 would destroy what little chance Ninja Theory has with DMC4.

I'd be all for it, I loved Bayonetta. Quite a bit more than Vanquish admittedly, which was still a blast, but the cookiness of the story and shitty characters started to grate. I do hope Kamiya will not rest on his laurels and Bayonetta 2 will be better in this regard (and I don't mean more convoluted).

Theonik

This ties into the Ninja Theory statement yesterday quite nicely.
DmC already outdated before coming out!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
frpXO.gif

Frothing demand and all that.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Announcement of the yet to be planned but hopeful announcement announcement.

be known as more than just some guy who posts on Twitter.

I found this hilarious for some reason.

Also, we're going on 3 years since the Bayonetta JP release in October. That's crazy. Hopefully this is a worthy successor....but look at the guy's track record. I'm sure it will be.

So, potentially Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3, God of War 4 and now Bayonetta 2. Potentially all in the next year. Would be all kinds of awesome.

Anteater

I found this hilarious for some reason.

Also, we're going on 3 years since the Bayonetta JP release in October. That's crazy. Hopefully this is a worthy successor....but look at the guy's track record. I'm sure it will be.

3 years of development on a sequel would make it pretty god like, I kind of wonder what it is and if this is the only project he has been working on.

He made a tweet a long while ago that he started working on it before Bayonetta shipped:

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm pretty sure the profits from MGR will basically balance out any other shortcomings.

Plus how could this year be any more "ultimate" than 2010 for them?

Potentially two games that don't super bomb if they have both Rising and Bayonetta 2.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I never got the point of him trolling over Bayo 2 about to be in a magazine each week. Seemed cruel. Hope it didn't get canned, since that rumour list was spot on save for Bayonetta 2 not showing up.

I think the most interesting think about this piece is that in that very same article, Kamiya, very amusingly, mentioned that his "Top Entertainment Content From 2011" were the 3D Classics on Nintendo 3DS. Which is kinda odd and not really expected one should think. The 3DS love isn't idiosyncratic to Kamiya at Platinum either with Inaba ostensibly adoring the 3DS and calling it a revolution in entertainment which is a pretty huge compliment and mimics the E3 2010 commentary. I don't exactly know whether this is justification for a hype-train but it does sound like Platinum Games is one studio that approaches the 3DS, if it approaches it as a developer at all, as something very much beyond a novelty.

Why hello there Capcom, that's a nice wolf IP you have there just lying around...~

yurinka

So finally he is going to announce he's MGSR director and that he is also working in a Bayonetta sequel / spin-off with Jeanne as main character.

Great!

So, potentially Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3, God of War 4 and now Bayonetta 2. Potentially all in the next year. Would be all kinds of awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZuhYJynSk8

My wallet would cry.

I think the most interesting think about this piece is that in that very same article, Kamiya, very amusingly, mentioned that his "Top Entertainment Content From 2011" were the 3D Classics on Nintendo 3DS. Which is kinda odd and not really expected one should think. The 3DS love isn't idiosyncratic to Kamiya at Platinum either with Inaba ostensibly adoring the 3DS and calling it a revolution in entertainment which is a pretty huge compliment and mimics the E3 2010 commentary. I don't exactly know whether this is justification for a hype-train but it does sound like Platinum Games is one studio that approaches the 3DS, if it approaches it as a developer at all, as something very much beyond a novelty.

Why hello there Capcom, that's a nice wolf IP you have there just lying around...~
So Capcom hires them to work in 3DS
to add depth to a NES game port.
Considering their commercial 'success' in NDS, I doubt they do something in 3DS.

monome

They would release 3 games in 6 months on the same plateforms? Kamiya can't be working on a 3DS exclusive game.

Jeanne is no substitute. It's Bayo or let go. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he's got a new girl in a new universe with a twisted link to Bayonetta.

EDIT : whatever happens 2012 seems to be the year of the rush. Every dev and his mom wants to publish a last big game while attention is stiff focused on current gen and there are lots of PS360 around. I'm in no rush, Kamiya's game can come 2013. I hardly see Kojipro not pushing for a christmas release.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. More games from Platinum Games is great news.

Bayonetta 2 would be nice, but I hope it's something new.

If he really did start work on it before Bayonetta's release chances are it is something new.

TreIII

As much as I would love to see Bayo 2? I could wait another few years, if it meant Kamiya getting another shot at the "Viewtiful Joe" formula instead. <3 Viewtiful Joe, and it continues to be a numb pain in my heart that I'll likely NEVER see what was in that place shown at the end of VJ2.

Maybe "Cutie J" would be the means to do that? I remember in an older interview, it was said that there was no problem with doing a sequel to Bayonetta. However, such a sequel wouldn't necessarily have the same "world view" as before, or what-not.

BadWolf

I hope its something new that's of the calibur of Bayonetta. Bayonetta feels very complete as is.

This and Rising in the same year would be too good, I rarely do day 1s but will for both of these.

Top Bottom