• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

plc268
(04-21-2012, 08:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Jayayess1190

Apple prompting users for security questions to bolster Apple ID security

It's funny when selecting your questions/answers, Apple thinks it's not possible that your first car can be your favorite car.
henhowc
(04-21-2012, 08:50 AM)
The questions are kind of dumb. Most of the stuff is irrelevant to me. Wish there was a write your own option.
civilstrife
Oyster Oyster Oyster!
OI OI OI!
(04-21-2012, 08:55 AM)
Diablo 3 beta on new iPad via splashtop is surprisingly functional.
Fredrik
(04-21-2012, 11:23 AM)

Originally Posted by civilstrife

Thanks for mentioning Splashtop! Never heard of it before but I just bought it and Wow what an awesome app. It feels like a laptop if you use the trackpad controls, and almost no lag when moving the pointer either. I'm thinking that I could pretty much put my laptop away, maybe change it to a whisper silent PC or Mac mini instead.
henhowc
(04-21-2012, 11:25 AM)

I have the iphone version from back when it was free. I'm assuming the HD/iPad version is going to look better if i shell out the money for it?
SyNapSe
(04-21-2012, 12:42 PM)
saw this review on toucharcade.

Linux Tycoon, in case you've never heard of it, bills itself as "the world's premiere Linux Distribution Building Simulation Game." It's got similar gameplay to the many other Tycoon-style games out there, with one gloriously nerdy twist. In Linux Tycoon, you're not building railroads, managing hospitals, or anything like that, you're trying to build the world's greatest Linux distro.

LOL. They've totally got the market cornered
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(04-21-2012, 01:13 PM)

Originally Posted by henhowc

I have the iphone version from back when it was free. I'm assuming the HD/iPad version is going to look better if i shell out the money for it?

iPad version runs at native resolution and the UI is much better.
zoukka
(04-21-2012, 01:17 PM)

It really isn't I'm afraid.
Gamecocks625
(04-21-2012, 01:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Vyer

Yeah I got back into it too. What's your gc nick?

Same as my neogaf name. Gamecocks625

Originally Posted by Heel

Try to beat my first ever run on Puzzle Mode, sucka!

I knew I shouldn't have accepted you friend request! I kid! Good score. I haven't really played puzzle mode much but I'll certainly give it some more love. I've been trying to work on my best word yet I know it probably pales in comparison to some people that can crack off 1000pt words at ease.
gingerbeardman
(04-21-2012, 01:58 PM)
Perhaps not a traditional game but I've just released my latest app on iPhone: Fun Folds ($0.99, 0.69, 0.79)

http://www.funfolds.com

It lets you fold Ross Kemp Folds style photos on your iOS 5 device. There's some emergent gameplay forming in the community where people are battling to outdo each other folding "super deformed" celebrities.

Anyway, thoughts appreciated. :)
Last edited by gingerbeardman; 04-21-2012 at 02:02 PM.
DangerousDave
(04-21-2012, 02:14 PM)
There's no love for Shark Dash?

For once that gameloft don't do a console game ripoff, and no one in GAF seems to care about.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(04-21-2012, 02:22 PM)

Originally Posted by DangerousDave

For once that gameloft don't do a console game ripoff, and no one in GAF seems to care about.

No sense in bitching about Gameloft if they're not making anything worth bitching about.
Heel
(04-21-2012, 02:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Gamecocks625

I knew I shouldn't have accepted you friend request! I kid! Good score. I haven't really played puzzle mode much but I'll certainly give it some more love. I've been trying to work on my best word yet I know it probably pales in comparison to some people that can crack off 1000pt words at ease.

Considering I felt like a genius getting a 300 point word I don't think my score will last long...lol. Slick game though. I picked up that and Puzzlejuice.
toythatkills
(04-21-2012, 02:55 PM)

Is there something more to it than an ugly Angry Birds, which is what the description and screens seem to paint it as?
GeekyDad
(04-21-2012, 03:34 PM)

Originally Posted by toythatkills

Is there something more to it than an ugly Angry Birds, which is what the description and screens seem to paint it as?

The game is far from ugly, but yeah, it's an Angry Birds clone, which ironically, shatters the whole "Gameloft not making a cheap knock-off."
Santiako
(04-21-2012, 03:39 PM)

This time it's an iOS game ripoff.
DangerousDave
(04-21-2012, 03:54 PM)
It's a physic based puzzle, but it's not a Angry Birds rippoff at all. I think that you are based only on prejudices about the company, not about how it's the game.
Last edited by DangerousDave; 04-21-2012 at 04:01 PM.
123rl
(04-21-2012, 05:46 PM)
Anyone tried Hero's Academy yet? It's basically an online turn-based strategy game. It's free and you pay for DLC characters and themes if you want it. It's very good so download it and start a game with me. My Game Centre ID is richardl83
GeekyDad
(04-21-2012, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by 123rl

Anyone tried Hero's Academy yet? It's basically an online turn-based strategy game. It's free and you pay for DLC characters and themes if you want it. It's very good so download it and start a game with me. My Game Centre ID is richardl83

You're a couple/few months late, I think. It seems to have had a good run.
Heel
(04-21-2012, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by 123rl

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

Another thread for the OP Dash, hah
toythatkills
(04-21-2012, 06:28 PM)

It's a physic based puzzle, but it's not a Angry Birds rippoff at all. I think that you are based only on prejudices about the company, not about how it's the game.

Well what IS it then? The screenshots look like it plays just like Angry Birds.
henhowc
(04-21-2012, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by zoukka

It really isn't I'm afraid.

Its not ideal but its at least playable. At least the beginning of the game. Didn't play much more than beyond getting to New Tristam.
123rl
(04-21-2012, 06:48 PM)

Originally Posted by GeekyDad

You're a couple/few months late, I think. It seems to have had a good run.

I'm so ahead of the curve that I'm catching onto it just before it gets popular again :p
toythatkills
(04-21-2012, 06:48 PM)

Originally Posted by henhowc

Its not ideal but its at least playable.

That should be the title of this thread.
Gamecocks625
(04-21-2012, 07:13 PM)

Who let you out of the basement? Get back down there.
GeekyDad
(04-21-2012, 07:30 PM)
Just putting this out there, if you're a fan of Dungeon Raid, check out Wing Warrior (which, by the way, I have nothing to do with the game other than stumbling upon it and really enjoying it). Plays very differently but is very similar in terms of offering really addictive quick-fix RPG gameplay.

Two caveats:

1. It's free, so there are ads, and they can make your game hiccup mid-play. It never caused any really issue, and they don't get in the way. But they are there.

2. There are no in-game instructions. You'll have to read how to play in the game description, and the developer's English ain't great. Still, once you figure out what to do, you WILL have fun...unless you're dead inside.
toythatkills
(04-21-2012, 07:31 PM)

Who let you out of the basement? Get back down there.

Don't get me wrong, I love iOS gaming, but that sentence sums up so much about it!
Dog Problems
(04-21-2012, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by GeekyDad

Just putting this out there, if you're a fan of Dungeon Raid, check out Wing Warrior (which, by the way, I have nothing to do with the game other than stumbling upon it and really enjoying it). Plays very differently but is very similar in terms of offering really addictive quick-fix RPG gameplay.

Two caveats:

1. It's free, so there are ads, and they can make your game hiccup mid-play. It never caused any really issue, and they don't get in the way. But they are there.

2. There are no in-game instructions. You'll have to read how to play in the game description, and the developer's English ain't great. Still, once you figure out what to do, you WILL have fun...unless you're dead inside.

Cool, I'll check it out.
mblitek
(04-21-2012, 07:42 PM)

Originally Posted by yogloo

Just a heads up for everyone in here. A fellow gaffer's mom needs money for medical purposes. Why not chip in a few bucks and not buy any new game that will worsen our backlog? (you know you have tons of unplayed games on your backlog!!)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=471034

Thanks man, I donated. Please people, donate! It was easy to donate, no harm! No minimum dollar amount, whatever you can spare! I don't even know amirox or his Mom but I have sympathy.

If you own an iPhone or iPad, surely you can chip in at least a couple dollars! Seriously.
henhowc
(04-21-2012, 09:26 PM)

LOL...so true.
Vyer
(04-21-2012, 09:29 PM)

Same as my neogaf name. Gamecocks625

AH, I already got you on my list. you got me beat in 'best word', but I got you on Tower mode (so far)!
hygraed
(04-21-2012, 10:02 PM)

Yeah, they ripped off Saving Yello instead.
smuttlegiaco
(04-21-2012, 10:41 PM)
Nosferatu - Run from the Sun 1.2 is out.

You guys like multiplayer, don't you?

Give Nosferatu a try, it's fun to make runs with other GC people and the game is free, so no harm done if you don't like it! :)
DangerousDave
(04-21-2012, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by hygraed

Yeah, they ripped off Saving Yello instead.

The main character is a fish, and the slingshot shooting is the same. But the gameplay is not similar at all. Enviroment destruction in large level vs puzzle like object gathering in closed enviroment, with fluids.

Saving Yello

Shark Dash
Smiley90
Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
(04-21-2012, 11:01 PM)
I like how the discussion is about "NO GAMELOFT DIDN'T RIP THIS ONE GAME OFF NOOOO NOT THIS TIME".

Because seriously, wat?

I want Virtua Tennis to come out now :( Does anyone have any more impressions on Total War Battles?
GeekyDad
(04-21-2012, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Smiley90

I like how the discussion is about "NO GAMELOFT DIDN'T RIP THIS ONE GAME OFF NOOOO NOT THIS TIME".

Because seriously, wat?

Well, for me personally, I absolutely appreciate what Gameloft does in the sense of offering viable clones of game favorites. If the big boys and girls won't or take too long to bring their goods to market, I'm glad to see someone offering some type of option. What I don't care for is the mammoth file sizes that always seem to be part of the deal with a Gameloft game.
Awesome Animals
(04-21-2012, 11:56 PM)

Originally Posted by railGUN

You can change the option to jump to last read post in the new mobile site preferences.

Awesome thanks!
Gamecocks625
(04-21-2012, 11:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Smiley90

Because seriously, wat?

I want Virtua Tennis to come out now :( Does anyone have any more impressions on Total War Battles?

Same here. If its anything like the original Dreamcast version, I'm all over it.
TheFLYINGManga_Ka
(04-22-2012, 12:27 AM)
I didn't get into Dungeon Raid at first during the last $0.99 sale. I deleted it, but installed it again after I read so many good things about it. Gave it one more chance and finally got hooked.

I guess I didn't understand what the game was about when I first played it. Once I realized what it was about, it became one of my favorite ios games.

Also, I wonder how Marvel VS Capcom 2 will be like. I'm going to buy it even though it plays like ass. Hope it's not $15!
toythatkills
(04-22-2012, 12:36 AM)
I really like the puzzle mechanics and the basic gameplay in Dungeon Raid, but there's so much faff around it that I hardly ever want to actually play it
panama chief
(04-22-2012, 12:58 AM)
Got a free Eden world builder promo code from freeappdaily....

Quote to reveal.
Ken Masters
(04-22-2012, 01:02 AM)

Originally Posted by panama chief

Got a free Eden world builder promo code from freeappdaily....

Quote to reveal.

Thanks
panama chief
(04-22-2012, 01:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Ken Masters

Thanks

No prob. I own most popular games offered. Think I found a small way to give to the community.
bubnbob
Banned
(04-22-2012, 01:12 AM)
Yaaaa finished Chaos Rings Omega. Way better than the original. The whole "extra" mode offers much more after you beat it for those interested as well. Game Center is used weird with this game, theres a bunch of achievements that dont even show up initially, not even as "Hidden" so I have no idea how to unlock any more than the ones I earned through story.

Next time there's a sale on iTunes cards I will be picking up Chaos Rings 2.
LuchaShaq
(04-22-2012, 01:21 AM)

The main character is a fish, and the slingshot shooting is the same. But the gameplay is not similar at all. Enviroment destruction in large level vs puzzle like object gathering in closed enviroment, with fluids.

Saving Yello

Shark Dash

IF you worked on the game we get it you want it to be successful and not just looked at as a mediocre rip off of a ripoff.

If you didn't? Dude chill they aren't paying you.
sladeums
(04-22-2012, 02:02 AM)
here's is the only riff on Angry Birds that I'm looking forward to ..
Bullistic Unleashed

It's just like AB, but with Bulls.
Bulls that you launch by their testicles

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V9uuDWtlAnY
Dacvak
No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(04-22-2012, 02:29 AM)
The update broke Pinball Arcade for iPad 3. Let's see if I can successfully upload a screen..
railGUN
Prine Fan
(04-22-2012, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Dacvak

The update broke Pinball Arcade for iPad 3. Let's see if I can successfully upload a screen..

Actually it fixed it for iPad 3, gameplay wise. The game was unplayable on new iPads before the update.
Dacvak
No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(04-22-2012, 04:38 AM)

Originally Posted by railGUN

Actually it fixed it for iPad 3, gameplay wise. The game was unplayable on new iPads before the update.

Oh interesting... Broke the menus, fixed the game.
PwnCakes193
(04-22-2012, 05:40 AM)
Just bought Pirates for 2.99, totally worth it if you like the Pirates series.