• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Madridista
Member
(02-18-2012, 07:51 AM)
Madridista's Avatar

Originally Posted by jlevel13

Would you say this is worth picking up now?

I really don't know, I don't have the game. Maybe someone else can answer your question.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(02-18-2012, 07:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Vire

What was the League of Evil 2 update all about?

Saves fix by turning off iCloud I think
Gez
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:09 AM)
Gez's Avatar

Originally Posted by sladeums

Battle of the Wordsmiths
FREE
"..epic multiplayer role playing card game set in the Yoruba kingdoms.."

Not entirely sure what is going on here but the style is outstanding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsnJK...&feature=share

It's online only and no one plays, had it waiting for a match for 10minutes and no one joined. Deleted it. It had no tutorial or anything to learn the game.

So I don't know what the game is about since it's online only and no one joined. I saw zero gameplay.
EYEL1NER
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:18 AM)
EYEL1NER's Avatar
Bought GTA 3 and Chinatown. I don't really know why, as I don't really have any desire to play them. Hell, I never even liked GTA 3 to begin with.
But for a dollar, I couldn't help getting them both.

I just wish Beat Sneak was that price. Yeah, I read the post about it a page or so ago. But I just find it so hard to buy >$.99 apps when there are so many cheap or free good apps. I also have hundreds of iOS games, so I don't really need it. I'll just file it in with Carcassonne, FFT, and the Cave shmups that I want.
Adam J.
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:25 AM)
Adam J.'s Avatar
Ziggurat is insanely fun. Tim Rogers really delivered the goods!
Squirrel Killer
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:27 AM)
Squirrel Killer's Avatar

Originally Posted by AEREC

How is the Bard's Tale (on iPhone 4S)? Just saw on IGN where you get the original games with purchase. Ive always wanted to try this game too...and did not realize it was on iOS.

I'd take just the originals if I could.
Lee N
Membre
(02-18-2012, 10:27 AM)
Lee N's Avatar

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER

Bought GTA 3 and Chinatown. I don't really know why, as I don't really have any desire to play them. Hell, I never even liked GTA 3 to begin with.
But for a dollar, I couldn't help getting them both.

I just wish Beat Sneak was that price. Yeah, I read the post about it a page or so ago. But I just find it so hard to buy >$.99 apps when there are so many cheap or free good apps. I also have hundreds of iOS games, so I don't really need it. I'll just file it in with Carcassonne, FFT, and the Cave shmups that I want.

Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense. Spending money on games you have no desire to play because they're marginally cheaper instead of putting said money towards a game you actually want to play.

What's wrong with you?
hyp
Member
(02-18-2012, 10:46 AM)
hyp's Avatar
spoiled children of the golden age of mobile gaming. shit, I spent $120 for a Japanese import of street fighter 2 super famicom version. and I was about 11 years old or so.
Madridista
Member
(02-18-2012, 10:51 AM)
Madridista's Avatar
Again, do we know what's going on with Ubisofts titles? Ghost Recon, Prince of Persia and Rabbids.

We should hopefully get a release date of Max Payne HD in the coming months.
Reese-015
Member
(02-18-2012, 12:17 PM)

Originally Posted by GeekyDad

Phoenix HD is a beautiful shooter. Solid gameplay. Dig the bullet patterns. Not a fan of how they nickel and dime everything. You have to pay to unlock leaderboards? That's whorish.

Disagree. The free package is great as it is. I myself for example haven't even unlocked the leaderboards yet cause I feel I'm not quite good enough at it yet for leaderboards to matter to me. This is not one of those games where they say 'free!' and then turns out that you can't beat it unless you keep buying lots of consumable IAP so don't put it into that category.

Originally Posted by GeekyDad

Price the game accordingly. Don't list it as "free" if it's not really free. What you get free is a taste. If you are going to invest any real time into the game, it's going to cost you close to what a Cave shmup would cost. I don't care for that kind of bait-and-switch bullshit. Basically, don't put your hand on my crotch and then tell me it'll cost me $50 for head. If it was listed as a Lite version, that would change my perception of the product. I happen to feel that perception matters.

What you get free is not just 'a taste' at all and what it costs you if you want to "invest real time into it" is nowhere near what a Cave shmup would. It seems you are very insulted by the app being free and it not mentioning the IAP in the description, but above the description (as always) you can just tap the IAP list to see what the IAP's are.

I completely understand people being frustrated with games that take IAP too far but for many this frustration has turned into some sort of blind exuberant rage for anything that's freemium or implements IAP in a significant way.

I'm tired of all the completely misguided posts along the lines of "psh IAP? fuck that", "this game sucks because you need IAP to progress properly" and "awesome game is mostly free but has some IAP, THATS FUCKIN' WHORISH". I don't know what the hell is wrong with you guys cause 90% of the time those reports are just completely false. If I had believed them, perhaps I wouldn't have even been playing Infinity Blade 1 & 2 and Real Racing 2 for example, which are among my top favorites and do not require IAP purchases at all to the point that I was barely aware of them before the anti-IAP brigade started raging against it.
Jedeye Sniv
Member
(02-18-2012, 12:52 PM)
Jedeye Sniv's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lee N

Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense. Spending money on games you have no desire to play because they're marginally cheaper instead of putting said money towards a game you actually want to play.

What's wrong with you?

This! I was just working myself up to dump some rage but you summed it up perfectly. The facepalming around games that cost pennies knows no bounds in this thread.

And speaking of sales, the excellent End Night (iPad only) is now 99c, go buy it if you haven't and the $2.99 price tag was giving you pause.
nephilimdj
Member
(02-18-2012, 12:52 PM)
nephilimdj's Avatar
GTA3, China Town and Dead Space

Awesome day of cheap games, my backlog is looking huge now O.o
WordAssassin
(02-18-2012, 01:20 PM)
WordAssassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lee N

Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense. Spending money on games you have no desire to play because they're marginally cheaper instead of putting said money towards a game you actually want to play.

What's wrong with you?

Seriously, what the hell? Spend $2 on two games you don't want and won't play, when for $1 more you could have bought a game you DO want and WOULD play? Fuckin' what?
SeanR1221
Member
(02-18-2012, 01:37 PM)
SeanR1221's Avatar
Do people discuss Mac App Store games here?

If so, I just picked up Dungeon Hunter and Trine (1) for .99.

Also grabbed Blot, one of my favorites from iOS. These are the first games I bought from the app store on my Mac.
GeekyDad
Member
(02-18-2012, 01:38 PM)
GeekyDad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reese-015

I'm tired of all the [opinions that differ from my own.]

There, I fixed that for you...

In any case, I thought long and hard about your reply, and my official response is:

Uh huh...
heringer
Member
(02-18-2012, 01:47 PM)
heringer's Avatar
Finished Beat Sneak Bandit on my iPhone (still missing a few shadow levels to 100%) and now I'm playing everything again on my iPad. Totally addicted to this.

Outstanding game, and I didn't even care about Kosmo Spin and Bumpy Road (despite both being gorgeous, they are the kind of game that quickly loses it's appeal with me). BSB is more of "gamer's game", if that makes any sense.

Only problem is the longevity. While 56 levels (some of them quite challenging, demanding numerous retries) isn't anything to scoff at, I simply want more of it. Hope they release a sequel or new levels. It's Simogo's best work by far, and one of my favorite iOS games.

/gushing
Reese-015
Member
(02-18-2012, 02:25 PM)

Originally Posted by GeekyDad

There, I fixed that for you...

In any case, I thought long and hard about your reply, and my official response is:

Uh huh...

Spreading lies and insults about polished indie games just because you personally don't like IAP is a dick move. It's not about difference in opinion, it's about you calling out a small independent developer for being 'whorish' and backing it up with false claims.

"Don't list it as "free" if it's not really free." false and exaggerated, the whole core game is free, it's not like you have to pay to unlock levels or essential content

"If you are going to invest any real time into the game, it's going to cost you close to what a Cave shmup would cost." again completely and utterly false, what you say certainly applies to some freemium games out there but not to this one

This is not just a difference in opinion, this is you being a jerk cause some small and very competent but struggling indie dev is not giving you the whole package for free, you're posting false claims that will turn other people off from checking out the game.

I understand your point of view but you're taking it way too far.
Ninjagorilla
Member
(02-18-2012, 02:50 PM)
Ninjagorilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by heringer

Finished Beat Sneak Bandit on my iPhone (still missing a few shadow levels to 100%) and now I'm playing everything again on my iPad. Totally addicted to this.

Outstanding game, and I didn't even care about Kosmo Spin and Bumpy Road (despite both being gorgeous, they are the kind of game that quickly loses it's appeal with me). BSB is more of "gamer's game", if that makes any sense.

Only problem is the longevity. While 56 levels (some of them quite challenging, demanding numerous retries) isn't anything to scoff at, I simply want more of it. Hope they release a sequel or new levels. It's Simogo's best work by far, and one of my favorite iOS games.

/gushing

This makes me so happy to read!

Did you complete the remix levels? I'd say they're so remixed that they're actually new levels (making the total of levels 69!).
edit: one of my personal favourite is the puzzled up "groove can't be locked up in a cage" remix. It's basically nothing at all like the original level :)

I'd definitely dig to make more levels, but on the other hand I don't want to overuse the same "gimmick", as most of the levels in the game have their own... Hard to explain, but I want every level to have their own "trick".

We don't have any plans (yet?) for updates, dlc or a sequel. It all comes down to how well this game does. AND of course if we feel that there are cool things we could do with it.
Last edited by Ninjagorilla; 02-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.
flashburn2012
Member
(02-18-2012, 02:51 PM)
flashburn2012's Avatar
Does no one else find the controls in Phoenix HD to be terrible? The whole "slide to move the screen" mechanic is really odd, everything felt reversed. Are all shooters using this control scheme? Why not slide to control the ship instead?
Stumpokapow
Currently AFK. Please ask another moderator for help or support.
(02-18-2012, 03:03 PM)
Stumpokapow's Avatar

Originally Posted by SeanR1221

Do people discuss Mac App Store games here?

I don't think people really have in the past but I don't think a dedicated thread would sustain interest so you might as well talk about it here. I know there was a Mac App Store thread at one point, but I think it's long dead.
heringer
Member
(02-18-2012, 03:19 PM)
heringer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ninjagorilla

This makes me so happy to read!

Did you complete the remix levels? I'd say they're so remixed that they're actually new levels (making the total of levels 69!).
edit: one of my personal favourite is the puzzled up "groove can't be locked up in a cage" remix. It's basically nothing at all like the original level :)

I'd definitely dig to make more levels, but on the other hand I don't want to overuse the same "gimmick", as most of the levels in the game have their own... Hard to explain, but I want every level to have their own "trick".

We don't have any plans (yet?) for updates, dlc or a sequel. It all comes down to how well this game does. AND of course if we feel that there are cool things we could do with it.

Oh yeah, I'm yet to tackle those, but I think I'll do them on the iPad. I'm at chapter 3 now, and I love the game so much I'm planning on finishing it a third time, heh.

Second time around is really fun, because now that I'm quite good at the game some of the harder stages I had trouble the first time are now much easier and quite satisfying because the beats perfectly click now. ;p

And yeah, I figured doing new levels would be tricky because of different gimmicks. Though I hope the game does well for you, even if you decide to move on for a different project (which is exciting too). Just out of curiosity, how did Kosmo Spin and Bumpy Road did for you? Are you satisfied with their performances? Hope they all keep doing well enough for Simogo to keep making great games. :)
POWERSPHERE
Member
(02-18-2012, 03:33 PM)
POWERSPHERE's Avatar
I wonder if / when apple steal the Streetpass / Near type functionality of data sharing between near field devices?
heringer
Member
(02-18-2012, 03:50 PM)
heringer's Avatar
So, I'm going to the US the first week of June. I wonder if I'll be able to get an iPad 3.

It will probably be released by then, but I don't now how was the situation with the iPad 2 as far as availability goes. It should be fine in June, right?
Zeth
Member
(02-18-2012, 03:56 PM)
Zeth's Avatar

Originally Posted by POWERSPHERE

I wonder if / when apple steal the Streetpass / Near type functionality of data sharing between near field devices?

Probably this summer with the next iPhone. It should probably have NFC so it'll be a matter of time before it's integrated.

God damn it, lost my save in LoE2, and since the update I can no longer repeat my 1-18 3 star performance.
Zeth
Member
(02-18-2012, 03:59 PM)
Zeth's Avatar

Originally Posted by heringer

So, I'm going to the US the first week of June. I wonder if I'll be able to get an iPad 3.

It will probably be released by then, but I don't now how was the situation with the iPad 2 as far as availability goes. It should be fine in June, right?

Worst case scenario you could probably get in line at an Apple store when they open on certain days, hopefully they'll continue to do reservations after launch for new shipments like last year. You should be able to get one. I hope Apple can handle the demand, if last year was any indication, the iPad 3 mania is going to be apocalyptic.
GeekyDad
Member
(02-18-2012, 04:08 PM)
GeekyDad's Avatar

Originally Posted by flashburn2012

Does no one else find the controls in Phoenix HD to be terrible? The whole "slide to move the screen" mechanic is really odd, everything felt reversed. Are all shooters using this control scheme? Why not slide to control the ship instead?

I don't think it's as good as Cave's iOS shooters, but it works okay. My main issue with the controls is that it's too easy to move your finger out of the zone of control. What I mean by that is that if you move your finger too far to the bottom of the screen, your movements seem to no longer register. Otherwise, I think the game itself has potential.

Again, though, the marketing approach is the equivalent of the Home Shopping Network. It's cheesy, shady, and not something I'm comfortable throwing money at. I'll save my legal tender on games that present their products in a more straightforward fashion.
Ninjagorilla
Member
(02-18-2012, 04:15 PM)
Ninjagorilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by heringer

Oh yeah, I'm yet to tackle those, but I think I'll do them on the iPad. I'm at chapter 3 now, and I love the game so much I'm planning on finishing it a third time, heh.

Second time around is really fun, because now that I'm quite good at the game some of the harder stages I had trouble the first time are now much easier and quite satisfying because the beats perfectly click now. ;p

And yeah, I figured doing new levels would be tricky because of different gimmicks. Though I hope the game does well for you, even if you decide to move on for a different project (which is exciting too). Just out of curiosity, how did Kosmo Spin and Bumpy Road did for you? Are you satisfied with their performances? Hope they all keep doing well enough for Simogo to keep making great games. :)

You should play the remix levels, they're quite challenging and a bit... asholey, haha.

Kosmo Spin did so-so. Not super bad, but not really profitable. Bumpy Road, on the other hand, has sold well over 100 000 copies (I don't have the exact number, but I believe it's 120-130k-ish) for full price + a couple of thousands when we put it on sale. May not sound much in a world of angry birds, but for a two man studio and a 5 month project it's at least enough for us to be able to continue to self fund our own games and make the kind of games we believe in without the involvment of men in ties :)

It's too early to say how BSB is doing, I only have stats for the two first days. I think Bumpy Road climbed charts faster, and I think the it's best position was at 12 in all paid iPad? BSB's best is 15 (YAY!), but currently it's at 17 (NAY!)...

The critical response have been overwhelming though, I've yet to read a bad thing about it.
edit: Metascore 95, which is freaking insane: http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/b...critic-reviews
Last edited by Ninjagorilla; 02-18-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added a link!
heringer
Member
(02-18-2012, 04:40 PM)
heringer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ninjagorilla

You should play the remix levels, they're quite challenging and a bit... asholey, haha.

Kosmo Spin did so-so. Not super bad, but not really profitable. Bumpy Road, on the other hand, has sold well over 100 000 copies (I don't have the exact number, but I believe it's 120-130k-ish) for full price + a couple of thousands when we put it on sale. May not sound much in a world of angry birds, but for a two man studio and a 5 month project it's at least enough for us to be able to continue to self fund our own games and make the kind of games we believe in without the involvment of men in ties :)

It's too early to say how BSB is doing, I only have stats for the two first days. I think Bumpy Road climbed charts faster, and I think the it's best position was at 12 in all paid iPad? BSB's best is 15 (YAY!), but currently it's at 17 (NAY!)...

The critical response have been overwhelming though, I've yet to read a bad thing about it.
edit: Metascore 95, which is freaking insane: http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/b...critic-reviews

Going to play them today. Chapter 4 now on the iPad. :)

And wow, had no idea Bumpy Road did this well. Was it game of the week on the iPad or the iPhone store? BSB is Game of the Week on the iPad store, but not on the iPhone's (which is Pizza vs Skeletons). Kinda of unfair since I think BSB is the better game (though PvsS is quite good too) and the iPhone store is way more popular, but oh well. I think they don't like to feature the same game on both stores and flip a coin to see what gets what. :P

It's a tough week though, with League of Evil 2 and Pizza vs Skeletons.
SeanR1221
Member
(02-18-2012, 04:59 PM)
SeanR1221's Avatar
PvS gets my nod over LoE2 simply because of the save file glitch.

And :lol I still find myself playing iOS games more than my Xbox. Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, CoD, etc just sit there while I turn on cable/Netflix and play on my iPhone or iPad.
WanderingWind
Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
(02-18-2012, 06:15 PM)
WanderingWind's Avatar
I kind of hate everybody who recommended Assassins Creed: Recollection. Great game...in theory. Forced IAP purchases and UPlay integration absolutely ruin it though. Absolutely terrible.
Vire
DancingJesus
(02-18-2012, 06:26 PM)
Vire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ninjagorilla

You should play the remix levels, they're quite challenging and a bit... asholey, haha.

Kosmo Spin did so-so. Not super bad, but not really profitable. Bumpy Road, on the other hand, has sold well over 100 000 copies (I don't have the exact number, but I believe it's 120-130k-ish) for full price + a couple of thousands when we put it on sale. May not sound much in a world of angry birds, but for a two man studio and a 5 month project it's at least enough for us to be able to continue to self fund our own games and make the kind of games we believe in without the involvment of men in ties :)

It's too early to say how BSB is doing, I only have stats for the two first days. I think Bumpy Road climbed charts faster, and I think the it's best position was at 12 in all paid iPad? BSB's best is 15 (YAY!), but currently it's at 17 (NAY!)...

The critical response have been overwhelming though, I've yet to read a bad thing about it.
edit: Metascore 95, which is freaking insane: http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/b...critic-reviews

I wish you guys nothing but the best. I recommended the game to multiple friends already.
Osietra
Banned
(02-18-2012, 06:34 PM)
Osietra's Avatar
Does anyone know what's happened to Wordfighter? Will it actually appear or has it died?
TheNamelessOne
Member
(02-18-2012, 06:53 PM)
TheNamelessOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ninjagorilla

You should play the remix levels, they're quite challenging and a bit... asholey, haha.

Kosmo Spin did so-so. Not super bad, but not really profitable. Bumpy Road, on the other hand, has sold well over 100 000 copies (I don't have the exact number, but I believe it's 120-130k-ish) for full price + a couple of thousands when we put it on sale. May not sound much in a world of angry birds, but for a two man studio and a 5 month project it's at least enough for us to be able to continue to self fund our own games and make the kind of games we believe in without the involvment of men in ties :)

It's too early to say how BSB is doing, I only have stats for the two first days. I think Bumpy Road climbed charts faster, and I think the it's best position was at 12 in all paid iPad? BSB's best is 15 (YAY!), but currently it's at 17 (NAY!)...

The critical response have been overwhelming though, I've yet to read a bad thing about it.
edit: Metascore 95, which is freaking insane: http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/b...critic-reviews

Great to hear you're doing well (enough) to keep doing these games. I never got Bumpy Road and was gonna wait for a sale to buy Beat Sneak Bandit, but after reading how you're a two man team and the kind of "openness" you're showing, I think I'll get it at full price. Hope you'll get a sales bump since BSB looks awesome. I'll try to get some friends to buy it as well.
Ninjagorilla
Member
(02-18-2012, 06:58 PM)
Ninjagorilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vire

I wish you guys nothing but the best. I recommended the game to multiple friends already.

Originally Posted by TheNamelessOne

Great to hear you're doing well (enough) to keep doing these games. I never got Bumpy Road and was gonna wait for a sale to buy Beat Sneak Bandit, but after reading how you're a two man team and the kind of "openness" you're showing, I think I'll get it at full price. Hope you'll get a sales bump since BSB looks awesome. I'll try to get some friends to buy it as well.

Thanks a bunch. It's at #19 now, so it's much appreciated :) Pizza VS skeletons just passed us (great game, btw, I can definitely recommend that... after you've checked out BSB that is!)
mhayze
Member
(02-18-2012, 07:34 PM)
mhayze's Avatar

Originally Posted by soldat7

Not all your dagum existing games [will look better].

So?

I don't plan to keep playing my existing games forever. iOS games that I've been playing have a particularly short shelf life, in my experience, and ones that I would continue to play are good enough now and wouldn't look worse on an iPad 3, so I'm not seeing the downside. Pretty much exactly the arguments people were making regarding the iPhone 4, and that did not pan out.
v4gr4nt
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:26 PM)
Tomorrow I have a 10 hour flight to Dallas...what good inmersive game do you recommend me? I have already beat IB 1 and 2, and I'm not into GTA (which I know is on sale). Is Dead Space worth $8.99?

Fake edit: I have an Ipad 2
TheNamelessOne
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:29 PM)
TheNamelessOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by v4gr4nt

Tomorrow I have a 10 hour flight to Dallas...what good inmersive game do you recommend me? I have already beat IB 1 and 2, and I'm not into GTA (which I know is on sale). Is Dead Space worth $8.99?

Fake edit: I have an Ipad 2

Ghost Trick!

GeekyDad
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:30 PM)
GeekyDad's Avatar

Originally Posted by v4gr4nt

Tomorrow I have a 10 hour flight to Dallas...what good inmersive game do you recommend me? I have already beat IB 1 and 2, and I'm not into GTA (which I know is on sale). Is Dead Space worth $8.99?

Fake edit: I have an Ipad 2

I got Dead Space when it was a buck and I've yet to finish it. It's a pretty cool game, but a bit clunky for my taste. Personally, I'd recommend Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP if you're looking for an "immersive" iOS experience. It's probably the best thing I've played on my iPhone yet. And yes, it's available for iPad as well.
videogames
Banned
(02-18-2012, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by v4gr4nt

Tomorrow I have a 10 hour flight to Dallas...what good inmersive game do you recommend me? I have already beat IB 1 and 2, and I'm not into GTA (which I know is on sale). Is Dead Space worth $8.99?

Fake edit: I have an Ipad 2

Ziggurat.

Just turn the volume down so people don't go ape shit every time you lose. Not really immersive but it will definitely suck up an hour or more of your time.

Seriously been having a blast with the game. So simple but the controls are just spot on for touch screen aiming. I will pass 200!
EYEL1NER
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:38 PM)
EYEL1NER's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lee N

Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense. Spending money on games you have no desire to play because they're marginally cheaper instead of putting said money towards a game you actually want to play.

What's wrong with you?

I don't know. That's just my price point for games for my iPhone. I had to spend all day debating whether to get the GTA games or not, but I eventually did only because they were on sale and for the novelty. I will probably get around to GTA 3 eventually (I hope), because even though I never cared for it, I always wanted to beat it.

I've bought plenty of apps and games for more than $.99: Infinity Blade, Superbrothers, Tony Hawk 2, World of Goo, Modern Combat 2, Starfront, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy... And I never play them at all. Hell, the Tony Hawk series is one of my favorite game series and I don't even bother playing the iOS version I bought. Those are all great games and it's super dumb of me to spend money on something and then not play it, but that is what happens. So $.99 is where I will buy something. If there was a lite version or demo of BSB, maybe I would fall in love with it and cave and buy it. But for now, I'm good.

I have too many games and apps on my phone and iPod. They are both 32GB and almost filled with games. I have so many that it makes it hard to play anything some times. I have the same problem with my 360. I have somewhere over 250 Xbox 360 games at the moment and sometimes I sit down and think "Hmmmm, what should I play?' I'll glance over all my games, glance over them again, think 'Damn, I really need to get around to playing that sometime...and that one too' and then settle on nothing and just watch TV because I am too indecisive.

So I guess I'm thinking not that I should have bought BSB, but that I shouldn't have bought the GTA games. If I had waited until the end of the sale on the 20th I probably would have talked myself out of them, but oh well.

So like I said, I don't know. I'm just weird.
Nelo Ice
Nelotard
(02-18-2012, 08:42 PM)
Nelo Ice's Avatar

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER

I don't know. That's just my price point for games for my iPhone. I had to spend all day debating whether to get the GTA games or not, but I eventually did only because they were on sale and for the novelty. I will probably get around to GTA 3 eventually (I hope), because even though I never cared for it, I always wanted to beat it.

I've bought plenty of apps and games for more than $.99: Infinity Blade, Superbrothers, Tony Hawk 2, World of Goo, Modern Combat 2, Starfront, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy... And I never play them at all. Hell, the Tony Hawk series is one of my favorite game series and I don't even bother playing the iOS version I bought. Those are all great games and it's super dumb of me to spend money on something and then not play it, but that is what happens. So $.99 is where I will buy something. If there was a lite version or demo of BSB, maybe I would fall in love with it and cave and buy it. But for now, I'm good.

I have too many games and apps on my phone and iPod. They are both 32GB and almost filled with games. I have so many that it makes it hard to play anything some times. I have the same problem with my 360. I have somewhere over 250 Xbox 360 games at the moment and sometimes I sit down and think "Hmmmm, what should I play?' I'll glance over all my games, glance over them again, think 'Damn, I really need to get around to playing that sometime...and that one too' and then settle on nothing and just watch TV because I am too indecisive.

So I guess I'm thinking not that I should have bought BSB, but that I shouldn't have bought the GTA games. If I had waited until the end of the sale on the 20th I probably would have talked myself out of them, but oh well.

So like I said, I don't know. I'm just weird.

I kno that feel bro. Have so many games and I end up watching TV or browsing GAF. It's why I wait for iOS sales or free since I have plenty to play with my 360, iPhone and PC. Yeah I spend alot of time wondering even the smallest of purchases so buying everything at launch would be insane for me unless there was a sale. Otherwise if I bought everything at full price or higher than I wanted to pay then later I'd wish I had money to pay for games I actually wanted or by the time I decided to play *insert game* it will have already gone on sale.
InaudibleWhispa
Member
(02-18-2012, 08:45 PM)
InaudibleWhispa's Avatar

Originally Posted by v4gr4nt

Tomorrow I have a 10 hour flight to Dallas...what good inmersive game do you recommend me? I have already beat IB 1 and 2, and I'm not into GTA (which I know is on sale). Is Dead Space worth $8.99?

Fake edit: I have an Ipad 2

Broken Sword
v4gr4nt
Member
(02-18-2012, 09:02 PM)
Forgot to add I beat Broken Sword 1, and I'm like 2hrs in BS2. It is a good idea to give it another try...I think I will.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Jedeye Sniv
Member
(02-18-2012, 09:02 PM)
Jedeye Sniv's Avatar

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER

I don't know. That's just my price point for games for my iPhone. I had to spend all day debating whether to get the GTA games or not, but I eventually did only because they were on sale and for the novelty. I will probably get around to GTA 3 eventually (I hope), because even though I never cared for it, I always wanted to beat it.

I've bought plenty of apps and games for more than $.99: Infinity Blade, Superbrothers, Tony Hawk 2, World of Goo, Modern Combat 2, Starfront, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy... And I never play them at all. Hell, the Tony Hawk series is one of my favorite game series and I don't even bother playing the iOS version I bought. Those are all great games and it's super dumb of me to spend money on something and then not play it, but that is what happens. So $.99 is where I will buy something. If there was a lite version or demo of BSB, maybe I would fall in love with it and cave and buy it. But for now, I'm good.

I have too many games and apps on my phone and iPod. They are both 32GB and almost filled with games. I have so many that it makes it hard to play anything some times. I have the same problem with my 360. I have somewhere over 250 Xbox 360 games at the moment and sometimes I sit down and think "Hmmmm, what should I play?' I'll glance over all my games, glance over them again, think 'Damn, I really need to get around to playing that sometime...and that one too' and then settle on nothing and just watch TV because I am too indecisive.

So I guess I'm thinking not that I should have bought BSB, but that I shouldn't have bought the GTA games. If I had waited until the end of the sale on the 20th I probably would have talked myself out of them, but oh well.

So like I said, I don't know. I'm just weird.

This is a real non-problem you have here. Just buy the games you want to play, when you want to play the,. If I see a game that looks cool but I know I won't play it, then I simply don't buy it. It's a really easy decision to make.

My advice would be to delete everything off your device other than the games you really want to play. Play them, finish them and then load up again with more games from the backlog. Easy.
MrCheez
Member
(02-18-2012, 09:16 PM)
MrCheez's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ninjagorilla

Kosmo Spin did so-so. Not super bad, but not really profitable. Bumpy Road, on the other hand, has sold well over 100 000 copies (I don't have the exact number, but I believe it's 120-130k-ish) for full price + a couple of thousands when we put it on sale. May not sound much in a world of angry birds, but for a two man studio and a 5 month project it's at least enough for us to be able to continue to self fund our own games and make the kind of games we believe in without the involvment of men in ties :)

Didn't realize it was only two of you! Dang, super impressive. Really happy for your success and it's very cool to see your polished little library grow (just love Beat Sneak :) )

Think you guys will start to expand, or do you prefer to keep things small and simple?
dannybaccala
Member
(02-18-2012, 10:22 PM)
ZiGGURAT definitely needs more love. You guys should all give this game a shot. This is a perfect iOS game. Everything about it is brilliant.
Ninjagorilla
Member
(02-18-2012, 10:32 PM)
Ninjagorilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrCheez

Didn't realize it was only two of you! Dang, super impressive. Really happy for your success and it's very cool to see your polished little library grow (just love Beat Sneak :) )

Think you guys will start to expand, or do you prefer to keep things small and simple?

Thanks and right back at ya!

We want to stay small, but we would love to be at least one or two more so we could make either more stuff, or bigger stuff in the same timeframe (and without going insane). But the truth is we can't afford to hire yet.

How about you? Working on the next project? How many people are there in your studio?

Are we going off topic here?
ShinUltramanJ
Member
(02-18-2012, 10:34 PM)
ShinUltramanJ's Avatar
Grabbed GTA3 for $.99 and downloaded Phoenix. Digging GTA3 so far, but driving is a little weird to me. Not too crazy about Phoenix because it seems to keep repeating the same enemies over and over.
Franklinator
Member
(02-18-2012, 10:37 PM)
Franklinator's Avatar
Speaking of driving, I find the driving in Chinatown Wars almost impossible. Everything else feels good though
Gez
Member
(02-18-2012, 10:44 PM)
Gez's Avatar

Originally Posted by Franklinator

Speaking of driving, I find the driving in Chinatown Wars almost impossible. Everything else feels good though

Seems good to me. Its basically just left and right. Still shits on the PSP/DS versions though.

Thread Tools