• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ElzarTheBam
Banned
(02-25-2012, 12:16 AM)

Originally Posted by bobs99 ...

You should really keep that to yourself. Eww.

I dont even blame you for deleting it, I think I should do the same, I was so addicted today.

I think ill keep it for that damn music! Its a little bit tricky!!! Its really complo-cated! It might sound silly but the way they kick up the music as your gameplay kicks up is really effective. Its sooo good.

Out of curiosity does Team Slayer still have dual voting options or is it currently 100% vanilla?

I said fingers, not hands, although...
wwm0nkey
(02-25-2012, 12:17 AM)

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

I bet you didn't think I would delete the demo, but my fingers need the rest, for they will be working overtime soon.

I somehow managed to get two "writers bumps" from playing it for so long. Was on it for at least 6 hours last night. I have no idea why this game is so damn addicting.
bobs...onGaf
(02-25-2012, 12:20 AM)

I said fingers, not hands, although...

Cant use your whole hand to grip something so small bro.

They say im over-rated

I somehow managed to get two "writers bumps" from playing it for so long. Was on it for at least 6 hours last night. I have no idea why this game is so damn addicting.

That sounds painful! My hands where starting to hurt a little towards the end lol, thats deffo not a game I can play too vigorously if I value the use of them. With the full game im going to take it a lot easier lol. You getting it Monkey?
Last edited by bobs...onGaf; 02-25-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Hey You
(02-25-2012, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by omg.kittens

I really wanna get down on some customs tonight. I've had a long, shitty week, and I wanna dong. I'm not a big fan of mini games, but care free slayer or CTF sounds good to me.

I'll be on in three or four hours.

Same.
Trey
(02-25-2012, 12:28 AM)
Invite MGTrey. I wanna be down.
wwm0nkey
(02-25-2012, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by bobs99 ...

Cant use your whole hand to grip something so small bro.

They say im over-rated

That sounds painful! My hands where starting to hurt a little towards the end lol, thats deffo not a game I can play too vigorously if I value the use of them. With the full game im going to take it a lot easier lol. You getting it Monkey?

They arent really writers bumps because of how high it is on my middle fingers. I think I will just call it gamers bumps lol
ElzarTheBam
Banned
(02-25-2012, 12:33 AM)
What do you think HaloGaf? Could it be Halo 4 related?

It could be anything, and I really hate tweets like that.

Not long before we find out anyway, I guess.
Last edited by ElzarTheBam; 02-25-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Overdoziz
(02-25-2012, 12:36 AM)

What do you think HaloGaf? Could it be Halo 4.

Unless Halo 4 features bananas, no.
ElzarTheBam
Banned
(02-25-2012, 12:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

You do realise there is a gorilla in primordium, right?

Whatever it is, I just hope for once it's worthwhile, not very likely.
Domino Theory
343i Test
(02-25-2012, 12:44 AM)

Frank's OHI said he was showing off the game to the European press and I'm assuming that Eurogamer is from Europe so it's very plausible.
Demoncarnotaur
(02-25-2012, 12:47 AM)

Sounds possible, I imagine we are getting very close to seeing or hearing something. Im hoping next week may bring some clarity of when we can expect some more solid info.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(02-25-2012, 12:49 AM)

I hate nondescript teases like that.
Captain Blood
(02-25-2012, 12:52 AM)
I know this is about as far from halo related as possible but Penny Hardaway and Nick Anderson are playing in the celebrity All star game RIGHT NOW! If they wheel Horace Grant out there I will lose my shit.
Devolution
the fabulous one
(02-25-2012, 12:52 AM)
Playing with shadow right now lulz.
feel
(02-25-2012, 12:53 AM)
Tweet doesn't seem about Halo to me, maybe it's because I'm used to Bungie's more of an acquired taste kind of great visuals, but I don't see Halo 4 wowing the general public. I'm sure Halo fans like us will really like it when it's shown but the whole gaming crowd will just be somewhat indiferent to it. Just a hunch.

Originally Posted by lybertyboy

And you are...?

why would you care now..
Last edited by feel; 02-25-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Homeboyd
(02-25-2012, 12:55 AM)
Halo 4 will never be shown by anyone at any time anywhere at any place ever. Ever.

EVER.
wwm0nkey
(02-25-2012, 12:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

Halo 4 will never be shown by anyone at any time anywhere at any place ever. Ever.

EVER.

Domino has a good point though Frankie did just recently show European partners the game so who knows.
Dax01
Founding member, Guardians Anonymous
(02-25-2012, 01:00 AM)

Hopefully! We seem to be getting to closer to something big.
HigherLevel
(02-25-2012, 01:13 AM)
I don't think it's Halo 4 but it would be cool if it was. I'm so ready to see it.
TheOddOne
(02-25-2012, 01:25 AM)

Seems Vita related to me.
Steelyuhas
(02-25-2012, 01:28 AM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

Domino has a good point though Frankie did just recently show European partners the game so who knows.

Homeboyd has a good point in that Halo 4 will never be seen because it has obviously been canned months ago!

trollface
kittens
(02-25-2012, 01:30 AM)
Fuck, I was really looking forward to Halo 4. :-(
StalkerUKCG
(02-25-2012, 01:30 AM)
Get on Halo you scrubs
feel
(02-25-2012, 01:56 AM)
That xHAASx guy was finally banned today too, some of you might remember him being annoying on the Halo 4 thread a couple of weeks ago and since then in pretty much every thread he entered. Just thought I'd share the minor but pleasant news.
Steelyuhas
(02-25-2012, 01:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Letters

That xHAASx guy was finally banned today too, some of you might remember him being annoying on the Halo 4 thread a couple of weeks ago and since then in pretty much every thread he entered. Just thought I'd share the minor but pleasant news.

What you're describing is almost every poster in that thread that's not a HaloGAFer.
feel
(02-25-2012, 02:00 AM)
True, but that one stood out to me.
TheOddOne
(02-25-2012, 02:00 AM)

He pretty much shitted every thread he entered with useless posts. Was I the only one that did not understand anything he said 3/4 of the time? Sheesh, who the fuck talks/says shit like that?

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

What you're describing is almost every poster in that thread that's not a HaloGAFer.

Usually what bothers me is that they are not talking about the games, but more the business side.

Often there is no real discussion, it's just the same opinion repeated over and over again.
Barrow Roll
(02-25-2012, 02:07 AM)

Copy+paste:

Since launch I've always thought the Sanctuary remake called Asylum in Reach could have been so much more than it ended up being. While I appreciate the fact that Bungie even bothered remaking one of my favorite maps from Halo 2, the end results always seemed a bit half-done to me. Oddly placed objects, inaccuracies and framedrops are common on Asylum. Now, nearly a year and a half later the same version that came with the disc is still in matchmaking. After such a long time Forgers have discovered ways to create their maps more efficiently, something Bungie apparently didn't have the time for (at least for Asylum and other launch Forge maps). That's why I decided to start building my own version of Sanctuary a few weeks ago. The result of this labor is Refuge.

With Refuge I tried to recreate Sanctuary accurately, while using as few objects and as little budget as possible. I heard that previous remakes of Sanctuary were denied deployment into matchmaking because they didn't support splitscreen. I was hoping to make a version that does support it. I'm really happy with the end result because I ended up using only around 4100$ budget which is roughly 1500$ less than Asylum! Combine that with the fact that I don't use lights and the sight-lines are shorter Refuge is sure to perform better than Asylum. In my tests so far I haven't recorded any complaints about the framerate, splitscreen and singlescreen alike.

Aside from performance issues that Asylum had, I also decided to include some changes to the geometry of the map. While I did like some of the things that were different from the original overall it didn't feel like Sanctuary.
Some (but not all) of the changes I've made:
-Raised the Needle Rifle walkway
-Removed the line of sight from sniper to sniper
-Made the walkway from sniper to the middle equal length on both sides of the map
-Moved around the rocks so they're more like the placement in Sanctuary
-Made a small jump-up to the top of the middle ring just like in the Halo 2 version of the map
-Kept the jump-up right in front of the Shotgun tunnel but made it a bit easier to use
-Added objects next to Blue Needle Rifle walkway to replicate the rock cliff on the Red side

I've made some screenshots so you can get a better idea of what the map looks like:
-An overview of the map
-Red base
-Blue base
-Sniper spawn
-Blue rock area
-Middle ring
-Sniper-to-middle line of sight
-Raised Needle Rifle walkway

It's set up for all gametypes (except for Invasion and Race), supports teams of every colour and also Free-For-All. Keep in mind that Refuge has dynamic spawns for Slayer. This means that players aren't limited to their own side in regards to spawns. They can now spawn everywhere on the map resulting is less spawn-killing and less frustrating matches.

Click here to download Refuge!

Looks good, will check it out when I get home.

Originally Posted by squidhands

The problem doing it this way is you go from being able to do so much in the campaign in terms of vehicle boarding, weapon-swapping, etc; then downshifting into the really basic stuff in the first Halo. I'd go with starting in chronological order of release, and subbing Anniversary for CE.

Agreed. I always like to play games in chronological order of release. Let's you see how a series evolves, for better or for worse.

Originally Posted by Hitmonchan107

I absolutely love the Anniversary and TU gametypes. Kudos to 343 for that. My only issue right now is that I have no clue what I'm voting for, and I've only been gone from the game for two months.

See this is why the game should just go 100% TU already.
Dax01
(02-25-2012, 02:09 AM)

Oh thank God. I swear, he posted the most useless shit in every thread he was in.
Steelyuhas
(02-25-2012, 02:14 AM)

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

Usually what bothers me is that they are not talking about the games, but more the business side.

Often there is no real discussion, it's just the same opinion repeated over and over again.

Yeah although there really isn't anything substantial to discuss due to the lack of actual info about the game out there, which is why I don't really post there.
zap
(02-25-2012, 02:15 AM)
Regarding Refuge and other forged maps to replace current offerings... Frank/David would 343i consider improving the current Asylum by replacing it with Refuge? Is it possible for next update?

I'm not sure if the priority is high enough, but I would love an improved Asylum to be in MM. I like Asylum, but improving it would mean I love it.
Devolution
the fabulous one
(02-25-2012, 02:19 AM)

I am so terrible.
feel
(02-25-2012, 02:20 AM)
nevermind, lame joke
Last edited by feel; 02-25-2012 at 02:52 AM.
kittens
(02-25-2012, 02:24 AM)
I'm online. Scrubs: ASSEMBLE!
Fracas
(02-25-2012, 02:28 AM)
Had a blast playing with you guys earlier! I'll probably be back on in a little under an hour if anyone wants to play
Homeboyd
(02-25-2012, 02:30 AM)
Damn Devo, think of the kids.
StalkerUKCG
(02-25-2012, 02:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Dax01

Oh thank God. I swear, he posted the most useless shit in every thread he was in.

Guy dosnt look banned

Originally Posted by monsterfracas

Had a blast playing with you guys earlier! I'll probably be back on in a little under an hour if anyone wants to play

Nope no more halo since everyone bailed on me
Dax01
(02-25-2012, 02:37 AM)

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Guy dosnt look banned

Huh?
Overdoziz
(02-25-2012, 02:38 AM)
Big Team Boring.
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(02-25-2012, 02:40 AM)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 95% of the Halo Waypoint fanbase has no clue what that means.
Homeboyd
(02-25-2012, 02:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Ramirez

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 95% of the Halo Waypoint fanbase has no clue what that means.

Probably pretty accurate.
Voltron64
(02-25-2012, 02:50 AM)

I don't know what it means.
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(02-25-2012, 02:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Voltron64

I don't know what it means.

Let me help you out Voltron:

"When the "morning wood" penetrates anally the "little spoon" while spooning after sex, resulting in the complete and utter surprise of your partner."

So it would seem that Devo is actually going to put her dick into MC, weird, huh?
Voltron64
(02-25-2012, 02:55 AM)

"When the "morning wood" penetrates anally the "little spoon" while spooning after sex, resulting in the complete and utter surprise of your partner."

So it would seem that Devo is actually going to put her dick into MC, weird, huh?

OMG. That's so icky!
Devolution
the fabulous one
(02-25-2012, 02:55 AM)

You don't know what a morning surprise is from a female POV?

bj
Homeboyd
(02-25-2012, 02:58 AM)
Why doesn't Halo (any Halo) have campaign DLC?

Honest question.
Voltron64
(02-25-2012, 02:58 AM)

Honest question.

They don't want your money.
Hey You
(02-25-2012, 03:01 AM)

Honest question.

Maybe it's not possible to add new missions? And honestly, how much sales would they get for campaign DLC compared to Multiplayer?
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(02-25-2012, 03:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Devolution

You don't know what a morning surprise is from a female POV?

bj

Wasn't a valid entry on Urban Dictionary, thing is more accurate than Merriam-Webster.
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(02-25-2012, 03:05 AM)

They'll still be in bed. That's why you do it in the morning.